Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Is it possible to make your hair grow faster?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
donna17
5% products discount

Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
I just got a cut that I really am not happy with. Is there anything you can do to make your hair grow faster?! A special oil or vitamin?! I need this bad hair cut to grow out ASAP!
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:21 am      Reply with quote
I've used 5000 mcg of Biotin in the past and it's made my nails and hair grow a bit faster and stronger.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Biotin absolutely makes a difference for me. I think 2500-3000mcg is sufficient.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Please exercise caution when supplementing micro-nutrients, bear in mind these work synergistically and in opposition and that mega-dosing can be harmful. Always run your choices past your family doctor, a registered dietician or pharmacist.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:40 am      Reply with quote
I honestly believe washing your hair a little more frequently makes your hair grow faster.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi There,

Do some serious scalp messaging..GET THE BLOOD FLOWING! It also helps to get the now vitamin rich blood to the hair follicles. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
LOL! My haid dresser actually suggested I QUIT taking my beloved supplement, because I'm forced to color nearly every 8 days if I want my hair "perfect".

Fortunately, "perfect" has never been a goal, I usually wait 14. Always a grey halo!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip about hair massaging. I wonder if that would help with preventing hair loss in the future?

I have sort of a vain fear about getting a receding hairline. My hair is pretty thick, and a lot of guys my age have already gotten a receding hairline, so I'm not sure if I have anything to worry about, but I always want to do everything I can to prevent it.

I do take Andrew Lessman's Healthy Hair Skin and Nails which is 4000 mcg of Biotin per 2 tablets, but I recently just started taking 1 tablet a day.
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
Thanks for the tip about hair massaging. I wonder if that would help with preventing hair loss in the future?

I have sort of a vain fear about getting a receding hairline. My hair is pretty thick, and a lot of guys my age have already gotten a receding hairline, so I'm not sure if I have anything to worry about, but I always want to do everything I can to prevent it.

I do take Andrew Lessman's Healthy Hair Skin and Nails which is 4000 mcg of Biotin per 2 tablets, but I recently just started taking 1 tablet a day.

You're welcome, and YES it will most definitely help prevent hair loss. However if your DNA says it's gota go it's more than likely not going to prevent it in the long run but it sure as heck will slow it down. Also you will not only notice your hair growing faster but it will look SOOO much healthier Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Here's what worked for me:

1. Eat well (everyone says this and it's true). Once I switched to an organic diet - which doesn't have to be boring or weird, I eat mostly the same foods as usual just without the factory farmed sources and/or pesticides - my hair didn't struggle to grow. It's also thicker and healthier.

2. GNC Ultranourish Hair really helps. I used that for a year, had great results (I noticed it more in my nails since they grow faster and I can gauge them better). I switched to another brand just to see how it would do (NOW DermaVits) and the results were disappointing (growth slowed quite a bit). I also experimented with just biotin and silica, but that was also just "eh". Ultranourish Hair is what I went back to and I'm happy.

3. Get a good quality hairbrush and use it nightly. I have a Mason Pearson all boar bristle (which is the best for my hair, a mix of nylon / boar may be better for other types of hair). I use it nightly and brush down to the scalp. This stimulates the scalp, plus it moves the oils down the hair shaft so that the dry ends benefit. I find I don't need to shampoo as often this way, which is another benefit for my hair. When I do shampoo, I massage my scalp with my fingers.

I have read that Viviscal tablets are also great for encouraging your hair to grow, but I've not used them so can't say for sure.
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
stardustgirl wrote:
Here's what worked for me:

1. Eat well (everyone says this and it's true). Once I switched to an organic diet - which doesn't have to be boring or weird, I eat mostly the same foods as usual just without the factory farmed sources and/or pesticides - my hair didn't struggle to grow. It's also thicker and healthier.

2. GNC Ultranourish Hair really helps. I used that for a year, had great results (I noticed it more in my nails since they grow faster and I can gauge them better). I switched to another brand just to see how it would do (NOW DermaVits) and the results were disappointing (growth slowed quite a bit). I also experimented with just biotin and silica, but that was also just "eh". Ultranourish Hair is what I went back to and I'm happy.

3. Get a good quality hairbrush and use it nightly. I have a Mason Pearson all boar bristle (which is the best for my hair, a mix of nylon / boar may be better for other types of hair). I use it nightly and brush down to the scalp. This stimulates the scalp, plus it moves the oils down the hair shaft so that the dry ends benefit. I find I don't need to shampoo as often this way, which is another benefit for my hair. When I do shampoo, I massage my scalp with my fingers.

I have read that Viviscal tablets are also great for encouraging your hair to grow, but I've not used them so can't say for sure.

Hi S.Girl wave

Sounds like you have really done your homework on your hair...Do you have a favorite shampoo or conditioner?. I've just started using Marrakesh Oil on my hair. Apply while hair is still damp. Has Hemp and Arga oils in it. I love, love, love the smell and great shine. It's not the least bit oily when dry.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Deb Crowley wrote:

I've just started using Marrakesh Oil on my hair. Apply while hair is still damp. Has Hemp and Arga oils in it. I love, love, love the smell and great shine. It's not the least bit oily when dry.

It probably isn't oily because it is loaded with silicones (cyclopenthasiloxane, dimethicone, phenyltrimethicone, cyclomethicone etc) and contains very little oil. You probably love the smell because it has fragrance added. But if you like the results keep using it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Deb Crowley wrote:

Sounds like you have really done your homework on your hair...Do you have a favorite shampoo or conditioner?. I've just started using Marrakesh Oil on my hair. Apply while hair is still damp. Has Hemp and Arga oils in it. I love, love, love the smell and great shine. It's not the least bit oily when dry.

I had to do some serious reading for hair growth tips after I had food poisoning and mostly ate crackers and pasta for about a year and a half after that. You can imagine what that did to my hair. Sad

My go-to shampoo is Aveda Blue Malva. My hair is normal and I color it regularly (I knew I was meant to be blonde when I was 6 years old even if my genes didn't agree) so that keeps the color safe. I use their Cherry Almond Bark conditioner, but they discontinued it Mad and my stockpile is dwindling while I search for another. I don't like any of their current lineup for conditioners.

Shortly before Christmas, I tried out some products from Philip B. and I do have some faves there. I did the hair repair routine that starts with using an oil treatment (similar to what you mention - it smells AMAZING), then using the Peppermint Avocado shampoo and massaging the scalp, then the Russian Amber shampoo (the hype about it rings true for me... my hair loved it), the Katira hair masque, and finish with the deep conditioner. I was blown away by the result of that routine. For the first time in my life I had real fairytale princess hair. It was smooth without being limp, it was full from roots to ends, I could run my fingers through it with zero tangles, and it lasted that way for days. So yeah... I'll be re-purchasing those items.

I tried samples of the White Truffle shampoo and conditioner and didn't care for either of them (that routine is a tough act to follow, lol!) The Russian Amber conditioner smells nice but I think his regular deep conditioner works better for my hair and it smells great too. At least I won't have to panic when my Cherry Almond Bark is gone.

I'm picky about hair conditioner because I have long hair and any lingering scent is in a little cloud around my nose all the time! I think all of Aveda's current conditioners smell too much like a hothouse or a salad bar for me. I liked the dessert scent of the CAB. The Philip B. has a nice, smooth floral scent, which I can live with.

I'm still keeping an eye on what's out there. I thought Cherry Almond Bark would be a "til death do us part" product (which I guess it was, since they killed it!)
navyblue
5% products discount

Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
I grew out a really unfortunate (on me) pixie cut really quickly taking Floradix (a liquid iron supplement). I was anemic anyway, but most women need an iron supplement - though I'd check with your doctor first. Most health food stores carry it and Amazon carries it. For me, it absorbed and worked better than iron pills or prenatal vitamins.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
I concur with the hair/scalp massaging suggestion! Another option is to exercise and start sweating!
kaloee
5% products discount

Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:39 am      Reply with quote
BioSil works really well for increasing my hair growth (and nail growth as a result). I started taking BioSil a little over a year ago when I was going through a hair loss phase. Taking 2 capsules of BioSil a day helped my hair grew a lot faster and a bit thicker too.
Annas
5% products discount

Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:04 am      Reply with quote
Gently massage your hair with coconut oil containing amla. Do a tight plate and wash your hair next day. Repeat the process after 4-5 days.This is the best way that have actually worked for me.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:33 am      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:

Consider switching to a sulphate-free shampoo, deal with any dandruff/ seborrhoeic dermatitis with regular use of an anti-fungal agent, switch to an anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant rich diet. These reduce known risks for hair loss, tho there are no effective 'natural' treatments for genetic receding unfortunately. Contrary to popular belief hair, skin and nails need ALL the same nutrients for optimum health as any other body tissue, so most of these targeted products are expensive and unnecessary. The *may* work if your diet is unbalanced, but in that case you would be best to address that.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
havana8

Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:50 am      Reply with quote
MSM always seems to make my hair grow faster.
7Destiny
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
You know how your hair grows faster in summer? NeoCell Super collagen makes your hair grow that fast year round. I estimate about an inch a month or more.
Nairuby

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Well I can tell your from my own experience, spending a couple of months in tropical climate helps growing hair faster, no kidding! Wink
stardustgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Nairuby wrote:
Well I can tell your from my own experience, spending a couple of months in tropical climate helps growing hair faster, no kidding! Wink

Hmmm.... yet another reason to add to my "Why I Should Move Somewhere A Lot Warmer" list. Cool
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Deb Crowley wrote:
RyanA wrote:

You're welcome, and YES it will most definitely help prevent hair loss. However if your DNA says it's gota go it's more than likely not going to prevent it in the long run but it sure as heck will slow it down. Also you will not only notice your hair growing faster but it will look SOOO much healthier Smile

Deb-or anyone else who massages their scalp for hair-do you have a recommendation on how to long to massage your scalp and how often?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
i massage my head whenever i'm bored or whenever i'm watching tv. I don't allocate a specific time. Smile
tinali0202
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:44 am      Reply with quote
there is a vitamin called skin and nail,hair care...i think this one would be work on it !
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |