Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Christie Brinkely skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Just read about this, line is DNA based.

https://www.christiebrinkleyskincare.com/
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:48 am      Reply with quote
She is such a stunning looking woman, isn't she? I had thought that with all the years in the sun she has put under her belt modeling for swimsuit ads that her skin would look like leather. Whatever she is doing is working for sure.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I seem to recall that she was allergic to sunscreen so always wore big hats. Still, you'd get a lot of sun exposure especially at the beach. My guess is she's probably had some type of peel and/or dermabrasion over the years and skin creams are for maintenance. I agree that she looks fantastic thanks to excellent surgery. I think she and her daughter went into the hospital together for some procedure or another.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:56 am      Reply with quote
She's at least had fillers.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
She's probably had a facelift. For years she said she likes to scrub her face a lot & also is a vegetarian.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
I recently saw Christie being interviewed in a documentary called "Last Play at Shea" It was about her ex-husband performing one last concert at Shea Stadium before it was torn down. She looked great but, she did look her age group. She actually looked natural. I'm only used to seeing photos of her, so I was surprised at how much older she looked. The documentary was from over a year ago, so she may have had some procedures since then. Watching someone talking and moving on film is definitely a more accurate indicator of how they look. They weren't using any special lighting, since it wasn't a Cover Girl commercial. Of course, she still looks better than a lot of women her age.
SiameseCat

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:28 am      Reply with quote
DNA-based? Must be some seriously cutting edge science going on ... LOL!

The idea of celebrities having a skin care line is so ridiculous to me, but we're seeing it more and more. Just noticed Jessica Simpson launched a skin care line as well.

I see no credibility whatsoever in a logic that a celebrity's skin care line is validated by the person having good skin and/or looking young. We all know they can afford the best--surgery, products, facials, fillers, and whatever else is needed--and their appearance has nothing to do with the line of products they are launching. Add to it that the photos used to promote their products are photoshopped to eerie perfection.

The only skincare wisdom I'd value from any celebrity is the name and phone number of their dermatologist or cosmetic surgeon Very Happy
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I see no spf daytime in her lineup which to me, is the only anti ager if you want to avoid more brown spots or leathery looking skin. Affordable, no.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Here's a recent picture of her in the daylight and, face lift or not, she is holding up rather nicely, don't you think? At 57 I think she could easily pass for her early 40s.

onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Man, she looks really good. The only thing that ages her is the eye wrinkles/crows feet.

I mean, she's definitely had stuff done (probably a neck lift, face lift) but kudos to her for actually keeping her appearance natural.

Oh, and I checked out Jessica Simpsons's line. No sunscreen (at least none that came up for my "personalized plan"), cleanser contains sulfates, serum/moisturizer is similar to run-of-the-mill drugstore brands in that they contain a ton of bad ingredients.

There's a ton of money to made off of this, as most people who buy celebrity lines/next "miracle" in skin care probably don't concern themselves with ingredients and the science of fixing skin problems. It's a shame, really, because it encourages companies to cut corners and people are stuck shelling out money for worthless products.
SiameseCat

Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
I agree...Christie looks great!

onmyboat wrote:

Oh, and I checked out Jessica Simpsons's line. No sunscreen (at least none that came up for my "personalized plan"), cleanser contains sulfates, serum/moisturizer is similar to run-of-the-mill drugstore brands in that they contain a ton of bad ingredients.

There's a ton of money to made off of this, as most people who buy celebrity lines/next "miracle" in skin care probably don't concern themselves with ingredients and the science of fixing skin problems. It's a shame, really, because it encourages companies to cut corners and people are stuck shelling out money for worthless products.

I arrived at a lot of the same criticisms re: Jessica's line. Apparently she has partnered with a "celebrity aesthetician" named Nerida Joy to shill these products ... I was curious to see if Ms. Joy was using these products on her clients, but there's almost no information about what she offers in her office (products or procedures) on her personal website. Odd.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
When I see pictures of celebrities I always remember they are pictures and displayed because they are acceptable and flattering.

As a celebrity the pressure to do many things, whether simple things like botox or more involved things like fillers to a facelift is surely in the picture.

I've thought it would be interesting to see what Christie or similar would look like without all the help.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:30 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
As a celebrity the pressure to do many things, whether simple things like botox or more involved things like fillers to a facelift is surely in the picture.

I've thought it would be interesting to see what Christie or similar would look like without all the help.

Why?

I don't think there's any dishonor in having procedures--surgical or not--to look your best. I'm inspired when I see someone who looks as good as Christie...thought it doesn't make me want to buy her skin care line. Very Happy I would love to look as good when I'm her age.

If you could afford the best skin care out there, wouldn't you choose to invest in your personal appearance? I would...
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Here's a recent picture of her in the daylight and, face lift or not, she is holding up rather nicely, don't you think? At 57 I think she could easily pass for her early 40s.

I would say she looks late forties or early fifties. The neck always gives you away. But, it's all subjective.

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I think her jaw and neckline look great.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
To me, her necks looks good. It looks like young sunburnt skin.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |