Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: of Dermalogica Medicated Clearing Gel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
princessleia
5% products discount

Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:35 am      Reply with quote
OK, I thought I posted this the other day, but then I looked and it's gone. Sooo...just wanted to share because this stuff helped me so much. I just went through an unusually bad breakout of cystic acne on my cheeks (usually kept completely under control by taking OrthoTricyclen). The Medicated Clearing Gel helped dry up some of the worst monsters and kept the babies from growing into monsters. There was no unpleasant smell, and even though I'm normal to dry and sometimes sensitive, this didn't dry me out too badly..which is a miracle! Two thumbs up!
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dermalogica Medicated Clearing Gel (59 ml / 2 oz.)
Dermalogica Medicated Clearing Gel (59 ml / 2 oz.)

Dermalogica s unique Alginated Zinc Triplex fights bacteria, provides anti-inflammatory benefits to soothe irritated skin and help regulate sebum production. Exfoliating Salicylic Acid is delivered deep into follicles to prevent further blemishes. Naturally antiseptic Tea Tree Oil aids in healing and soothing.

evilMC
5% products discount

Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi princess

I too find the medicated clearing gel. I have been using it for the last few weeks in conjunction with the Anti Bac wash also by dermalogica and it manages my mild but annoying acne very well. The formula is brilliant; doesnt cause peeling (for me anyway), doesnt smell toxic (like many other acne products) and isnt sticky / oily - once applied it pretty much vanishes. Definite winner.
angela
5% products discount

Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:50 am      Reply with quote
hi girls

I am searching for a right product which would clear my bumps (congested pores) on my t zone, I have thin, a bit sensitive and combination skin, do you think I should give this gel a try? Thanks!
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
I highly recommend this product. It is so awesome! I have combination sensitive skin and use this whenever I get a zit. Its texture is a gel, but it's so soft, and becomes invisible the minute you put it on. No mintyness, no tingling, no cooling effect. Has salicylic acid 2% and it's very effective.
Mabsy

Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:27 am      Reply with quote
I remember trying this a few months back and I was quite surprised by how well it stopped developing a developing pimple in its tracks. I also remember thinking that it was surprisingly gentle for a product with Salicylic Acid in it. I also had no peeling and no dryness.

Mabsy.
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:46 am      Reply with quote
I think I need this one - I have been getting these on and off zits on my chin that are really ugly - whenever you look at the mirror - zoom - your eyes just zero in on them - must be my hormones - sigh.
Cheers
Jenny
Mabsy

Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Jenny,

Another good one to try would be the MDF Clearing Complex. It has more Salicylic and Glycolic Acid in it (from memory - someone pls correct me if I'm wrong) and it seems to be more effective than the Dermalogica one. Mind you, that's just my opinion. I've used both of them and that's what I've found - but then again how do you know how long the particular pimple would stick around for if you used the other product. Right? On the flip side though, the Clearing Complex is not as gentle as the Dermalogica Clearing Gel. I would be more comfortable using the Dermalogica Clearing Gel over large areas of my face whereas the MDF Clearing Complex I'd only use on isolated spots.

Mabsy.
christygao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using this on and off for almost half a year now.

I have light acne and may have a couple spots if I stay up too late.

it works really well on the big spots, which saved me lots of times. You can really see the difference the next morning when you look into the mirror.
Surprised
I haven't found it helpful with blackheads or my light acne anyway..
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
angela wrote:
hi girls

I am searching for a right product which would clear my bumps (congested pores) on my t zone, I have thin, a bit sensitive and combination skin, do you think I should give this gel a try? Thanks!

angela, I would actually try the dermalogica microfoliant -- I have skin just like yours and it is really fabulous for cleaning out those congested pores.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |