Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Dry patches...MSM or darphin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:36 am      Reply with quote
I have developed nasty dry patches on one side of my face...The side I'm testing the darphin rose lotion on. I have stopped testing it yesterday, but it did occur to me that it is maybe the msm I am taking and it is coincidental that it is on the same side as the darphin test. Any thoughts? Confused

Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:06 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear that! My thoughts would be the Darphin (unfortunately - it sounded so nice!). If it was MSM then it would probably be all over rather than localised to the half of your face that you happen to be using the rose lotion on.

How long have you been taking MSM for?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:35 am      Reply with quote
I've been taking it for about 10 days and I wondered if it was that cause it is supposed to be good for acne...maybe it dries out the skin? I'll do a search.
The Darphin looked soooo good, but I must admit that a topend product should be scented with rose otto and not fragrance! It also has a lot of other chemical ingredients which I find very suspect. Cute bottle tho! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:37 am      Reply with quote
How many mg of the MSM are you taking guapagirl?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:50 am      Reply with quote
I was taking 1000mg for the first 5 days, but I read here that it should be 2-3000mg, so I've taken 2000mg the last 5 days. Do you think it's too much? I don't know that much about this stuff! WishI could get hold of some HA ! Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:07 am      Reply with quote
I've just googled and can't find anything linking MSM with dry skin.

This is taken off msm.com: "MSM is a natural supplement and your body will use only what it needs". They also say that most individuals benefit from 2000-10000 mg a day, so I don't think you are taking too much.

Oh, and these sites are quite good too
http://www.arthritis.org/resources/arthritistoday/1999_archives/1999_11_12explorations.asp
http://www.arthritis-msm-supplements.com/faq.htm

But I'm no expert Anxious
Where's a chemist when you need one? Rolling Eyes
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:18 am      Reply with quote
OMG! that is so weird! after reading your post, I googled msm and those sites came up! We must have been eading them at the same time! I saw some posts on forums and they didn't mention that it dries the skin out, so I am firmly pointing the finger at the darphin!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Great minds huh? Cool

There was some scary stuff about testing on mice though which I didn't read properly Embarassed

I am intrigued about your dry patches though. Are they noticeable, I mean is your skin flaking or anything?
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
actually, I was on MSM for around 1 month or so and it made my skin dryer than usual... (unfortunately the acne was not relieved tho)
and now i stopped for around 5 days or so... I find my skin not as dry now...

but i agree with mabs... if its msm you should experience dryness all over not just half the face.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
It is a bit flakey, but it's not so bad today thanks to the emu oil! They are only noticable if you are close up and you can see that it looks parched. Otherwise it just looks a bit pink Confused I'm going to exfoliate gently and keep slapping on the emu...if it doesn't improve in the next few days, I'm gonna start pointing the finger at the msm!

Aprilha, bad news on it not helping the acne! That is part of the reason I got it ... to help with mini-me's acne and my joints

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |