Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Let's Make a List / Name That Fantastic Active
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, understood.

This appears to be the same way it works with most (if not all) hormone supplementation. Maybe it could go without saying that more often, those most desirous of improvement in elasticity are the same ones in a hormone deficient state and therefore most interested in knowing about this.

BFG
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Yes, understood.

This appears to be the same way it works with most (if not all) hormone supplementation. Maybe it could go without saying that more often, those most desirous of improvement in elasticity are the same ones in a hormone deficient state and therefore most interested in knowing about this.

BFG

Good logic. Agree. And there are tests to detect such things. Good idea to check that out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ will probably enjoy this:

http://www.lancome-usa.com/absolue-lextrait/absolue-lextrait,default,pg.html#/section/2

Lancome Absolue L'Extrait Regenerating Ultimate made from up to two million rose cells and flogged by Julia Roberts. Retails here for $495.00.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
DrJ will probably enjoy this:

http://www.lancome-usa.com/absolue-lextrait/absolue-lextrait,default,pg.html#/section/2

Lancome Absolue L'Extrait Regenerating Ultimate made from up to two million rose cells and flogged by Julia Roberts. Retails here for $495.00.

I could scrape up a few of my "native" cells and sell them for a few bucks. Utter bunkim.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:36 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Dr J, are there any other ingredients (other than the retinoid acid and cytokines that you talked about in your article) that improve elastin?

CPs are suppose to help with collegen and elastin, riley.

From SB:
Quote:

Biological Actions of Copper Peptides

Cellular Actions
Increases the proliferation of repair cells: fibroblasts, keratinocytes, chondrocytes, osteoblasts; increases nerve outgrowth, blood vessel angiogenesis, density of subcutaneous fat cells, and hair follicle size.

Biochemical Actions
Attracts healing cells (capillary cells, macrophages, mast cells), increases synthesis of collagen, elastin, metalloproteinases, anti-proteases, vascular endothelial growth factor, fibroblast growth factor 2, nerve growth factor, neutrotropins 3 and 4, erythropoietin; lowers blood pressure by inducing vasodilation of blood vessels.

Anti-inflammatory Actions
Increases anti-inflammatory proteins (superoxide dismutase, decorin), blocks the damaging release of oxidizing iron from ferritin, suppresses inflammatory cytokines (transforming growth factor beta-1, tumor necrosis factor alpha, interleukin 1), blocks cellular damage by oxygen free radicals and reactive carbonyl species, reduces protein glycation, improves fibroblast recovery after X-ray treatments, blocks ultraviolet damage to skin keratinocytes, increases and reduces thromboxane formation, protects hepatic tissue from tetrachloromethane poisoning, inhibits protein glycation.

Whole Body Effects
Improves aged skin (tightens skin and rebuilds skin barrier, improves elasticity and firmness, reduces fine lines, wrinkles, photodamage, and hyperpigmentation), stimulates wound healing in numerous animal models and in humans, improves human hair growth and hair transplant success, protects and repairs gastric and intestinal lining, accelerates bone repair, increases infection resistance.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Foxe,

I really like the CP's and not just for Anti aging, I admit I don't really use them for that. For cuts, scrapes, rashes, ...brilliant. Anything inflamed...CP it.

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:59 am      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
Foxe,

I really like the CP's and not just for Anti aging, I admit I don't really use them for that. For cuts, scrapes, rashes, ...brilliant. Anything inflamed...CP it.

Why not skip the step where you try to artificially induce anti-inflammatory cytokines, and just apply the real things directly? Cool

Speaking of skin, want to talk about inflammasomes and IL-1? We can learn a lot about cytokines and inflammation by looking at autoimmune skin disorders. As we look more closely, we can begin to work out very precise cytokine arrays and predict which will help and which will harm.

http://www.smw.ch/content/smw-2012-13590/

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:08 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Why not skip the step where you try to artificially induce anti-inflammatory cytokines, and just apply the real things directly? Cool

GHK-Cu is a real thing - it's found naturally in our bodies(as are the cytokines you harvest from bone marrow and then farm). And, they don't induce anti-inflammatory cytokines specifically - they 'suppress' inflammatory ones.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:45 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
DrJ wrote:

GHK-Cu is a real thing - it's found naturally in our bodies(as are the cytokines you harvest from bone marrow and then farm). And, they don't induce anti-inflammatory cytokines specifically - they 'suppress' inflammatory ones.

Agree, its real, and quite natural. Clever design! And very cool. The picture gets very complex at the molecular level. GHK-Cu suppresses some inflammatory cytokines, but also increases some (basic FGF, TGF-beta-1, VEGF). http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15655171 Then, because cytokines work in patterns, changing one may change others. Cross talk. And then there is timing, etc. So, GHK-Cu is net anti-inflammatory, but by a lot of different mechanisms, some interdependent, some stimulatory, some inhibitory.. Functionally you can achieve a net anti-inflammatory pattern by a number of routes, GHK-Cu being one. Direct application of anti-inflammatory cytokines is another.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. P thinks we all ought to be taking GHK-Cu to keep our brains working correctly as we age.
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/oximed/2012/324832/

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:

GHK-Cu suppresses some inflammatory cytokines, but also increases some (basic FGF, TGF-beta-1, VEGF). http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15655171 Then, because cytokines work in patterns, changing one may change others. Cross talk. And then there is timing, etc. So, GHK-Cu is net anti-inflammatory, but by a lot of different mechanisms, some interdependent, some stimulatory, some inhibitory.

Looks like the increases in basic FGF and VEGF are beneficial here:
An early increase in basic fibroblast growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factor production by GHK-Cu-treated irradiated fibroblasts may improve wound healing.

But, CPs do not increase TGF-beta 1, they suppress them. The link mentions evaluating their effects, but they were not mentioned in the results or conclusions. Dr P is always saying CPs suppress them.

Quote:
Functionally you can achieve a net anti-inflammatory pattern by a number of routes, GHK-Cu being one. Direct application of anti-inflammatory cytokines is another.

Smile

Quote:
Dr. P thinks we all ought to be taking GHK-Cu to keep our brains working correctly as we age.

Now, Dr J - are you making fun of Dr P here?? Shame on you I think it's a good thing that he is still researching his baby (the GHK-Cu) and finding new things about it. He's also said it can suppress cancer.

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5220011852/m/9481077306

Looks like CPs have lots of promising research going on about them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
DrJ wrote:

GHK-Cu suppresses some inflammatory cytokines, but also increases some (basic FGF, TGF-beta-1, VEGF). http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15655171 Then, because cytokines work in patterns, changing one may change others. Cross talk. And then there is timing, etc. So, GHK-Cu is net anti-inflammatory, but by a lot of different mechanisms, some interdependent, some stimulatory, some inhibitory.

Looks like the increases in basic FGF and VEGF are beneficial here:
An early increase in basic fibroblast growth factor and vascular endothelial growth factor production by GHK-Cu-treated irradiated fibroblasts may improve wound healing.

But, CPs do not increase TGF-beta 1, they suppress them. The link mentions evaluating their effects, but they were not mentioned in the results or conclusions. Dr P is always saying CPs suppress them.

Well, apparently there is conflicting data. It's not unusual. Lot's of variety in experimental protocols.

It's complicated because you can have some inflammatory cytokines but if the bulk are anti-inflammatory it works out OK. The problem with TGF-beta 1 is that it leads to scarring if it persists. But to start the process, may be just fine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

Quote:

Now, Dr J - are you making fun of Dr P here?? Shame on you I think it's a good thing that he is still researching his baby (the GHK-Cu) and finding new things about it. He's also said it can suppress cancer.

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5220011852/m/9481077306

Looks like CPs have lots of promising research going on about them.

No I like Dr.P. I used to live on Mercer Island, and could practically see his office from my house. Smallish body of water separates MI & Factoria on Lake WA.

I do think it amusing that CP's have become a cure all though. I can picture DrP snorting CP's through a straw to get direct brain dosing via the olfactory apparatus.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:

Are you saying that AnteAGE will give the same results as dermarolling and laser treatments?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
DrJ wrote:

Are you saying that AnteAGE will give the same results as dermarolling and laser treatments?

No. Just having fun with the Dr P and the Cu-Pep crowd. I have seen some miserable laser failures, by the way. I actually think that the combination of physical "collagen induction" plus AnteAGE is a very logical notion. Now hearing anecdotal evidence about its use in medical settings that seem to confirm (very preliminary, but tantalizing). Its not about avoiding the damage, but about healing in a "youthful" fashion. Not just faster , but higher quality.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:

I do think it amusing that CP's have become a cure all though. I can picture DrP snorting CP's through a straw to get direct brain dosing via the olfactory apparatus.

HaHaHa! I can picture that too! I think he's had forum users suggest a GHK supplement too!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
No I like Dr.P. I used to live on Mercer Island, and could practically see his office from my house. Smallish body of water separates MI & Factoria on Lake WA.

I was even closer...I used to live in New Castle and his office overlooks one of my fav stores...Nordstrom Rack!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
DrJ wrote:

I was even closer...I used to live in New Castle and his office overlooks one of my fav stores...Nordstrom Rack!

I wonder if The Keg is still there. Loved their salad bar.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Speaking of fantastic ingredients, I am in Las Vegas to attend IECSC Beauty Show (along with 10,000 estheticians, esthetic physicians, spa folks), Any new stuff you want me to investigate? It's not the ingredients show (we are going to one of those next month!), but lots of devices & stuff here. I am planning some interviews.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Speaking of fantastic ingredients, I am in Las Vegas to attend IECSC Beauty Show (along with 10,000 estheticians, esthetic physicians, spa folks), Any new stuff you want me to investigate? It's not the ingredients show (we are going to one of those next month!), but lots of devices & stuff here. I am planning some interviews.

A report an any gadgets and devices that you think have actual merit would be useful. Perhaps you could start a new thread on innovations that you see which show promise.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
DrJ wrote:

A report an any gadgets and devices that you think have actual merit would be useful. Perhaps you could start a new thread on innovations that you see which show promise.

I agree with Keliu. Any gadgets that show some real promise would be great. Thanks Dr. J

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Go checkout the Dermapen booth.

BFG
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.facebook.com/#!/DermaPen

BFG
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Go checkout the Dermapen booth.

BFG

DermaPen not here. There are rollers and punches, nothing very new in that real it seems. Lots of the usual characters. Equipment is the big attraction. Dr. George and I have been walking the floor giving out Truth Matters buttons, but only to those with good science. Surprising how many people here already know about BFT.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Just saw an interesting new dermastamp. I'll scan some pics later.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |