Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Let's Make a List / Name That Fantastic Active
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
DrJ wrote:
[img]

I understand that stem cell research and use in the medical field has been around for decades as you said, how it affects our skin in skin care has not been something we out of that scientific loop have had much information on. Even in use for medical purposes there has been "moral" issues surrounding it all, which at times has overshadowed the science we would like to know.

[img]....click that then paste the url where the image is stored then after click the IMG button again= [/img], sorry if I was not clear enough. Confused

No URL . It's not on the web, its something I was trying to copy & paste.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
DrJ wrote:
[img]

I understand that stem cell research and use in the medical field has been around for decades as you said, how it affects our skin in skin care has not been something we out of that scientific loop have had much information on. Even in use for medical purposes there has been "moral" issues surrounding it all, which at times has overshadowed the science we would like to know.

[img]....click that then paste the url where the image is stored then after click the IMG button again= [/img], sorry if I was not clear enough. Confused

No URL . It's not on the web, its something I was trying to copy & paste.

You have to use an online url to make it work. No way to upload or C&P from your pc.

From EDS FAQ:

Can I post Images?
Images can indeed be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display the image use either the BBCode [img] tag or appropriate HTML (if allowed).

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Panda1 wrote:
DrJ wrote:
I think it is quite remarkable that nobody asks about stem cytokines, the superstar of the show, and definitely more unique than the supporting characters, who have all been around a while. Is that because you are all thoroughly convinced from our chats in the stem cell/cytokines thread? Or are you just waiting until midnight to come after me with torches and pitchforks?

Even as a current user of a stem cell product, I think the technology is too new. Clinical trials are small. There needs to be some emperical evidence. I might be ok with being a guinea pig, but I can certainly understand others reluctance. How often have we seen new prescription drugs touted as miracles only to end up having serious side effects over time. Vitamin A and C might not be everything, but at least they are time tested.

I agree we are not all in the biological science fields, and stem cell study is one of the newest as it pertains to skin care.
We have to wait and hope for studies to help us make informed decisions.
Time is certainly a factor, none have been in use long term as compared to A,C even E (my addition) as Panda1 pointed out.

True, but they have now been around in science for a while (~ decade for would healing studies, some go back 30 years), and they are not man made chemicals - they are natural (the exact same as the ones your own stem cells make). So in that sense they are like the vitamins - we are mimicking nature's way of doing things. Harder to get in trouble that way. We learn more every day. It may be another decade before these things are "mainstream" & being used by billions. Meanwhile we can say we have never seen a single adverse effect. Even the emulsifiers in the final formulations are more likely to cause allergic problems, because they are identical to things your body makes.

DrJ - I mean you no disrespect - really, and I hope that my comments will benefit you in terms of your marketing effort, but if I am going to try this new technology (being NEW to me), I am more likely to go with a product from a larger company that has more resources and more history. It looks like we will be seeing a number of these stem cell based products in the near future - a company called Makucell just announced a new product at the recent Dermatology conference. I want to see publicity and press releases from Cellese. When I google Cellese I want a bunch of stuff to pop up. I want your name to come up when I am browsing the stem cell research sites. Now maybe you will tell me that all of that is just smoke and mirrors and really means nothing in terms of quality of product, but we are talking about stem cells here and frankly that is kind of scary stuff in my world. I am 60 years old. I WANT this stuff to work. But to me, you are a little bit like a home forumulator right now. I want you to be more real. Again, no disrespect!
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Panda1,
I have to say, some of the best skin care products out there are from smaller companies... Garden of Wisdom, Skin Actives, just to name a few. Just my opinion - but the size of the company makes no difference to me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Panda1,
I have to say, some of the best skin care products out there are from smaller companies... Garden of Wisdom, Skin Actives, just to name a few. Just my opinion - but the size of the company makes no difference to me.

erg, I think you find good and bad in both, I know both Riley and Keliu (as well as a number of friends) who have had exceptional results with Estee Lauder Advanced night Repair, some of the people I recommended it to (thanks to Riley's rec) had damaged their skin barrier with too many aggressive products, peels ect.
I also like many products from small companies. I am just starting as of last night the CHAS serum which is SA's product, also a rec. from Riley and I can at least say I like how it sinks in, not long enough to say what it will do but? Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Panda1,

I agree, but you know alot about Hannah and Skin Actives, and you know alot about Markey and GOW. Both have been around for quite some time. Google Skin Actives - you'll get pages of stuff. They have been selling actives for years. All I am trying to stress to DrJ is that he needs to build some sense of legitimacy, because I don't think that 2 guys and a website is enough when it comes to selling stem cell products. But this is only my opinion.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:
I agree, but you know alot about Hannah and Skin Actives, and you know alot about Markey and GOW. Both have been around for quite some time. Google Skin Actives - you'll get pages of stuff. They have been selling actives for years. All I am trying to stress to DrJ is that he needs to build some sense of legitimacy, because I don't think that 2 guys and a website is enough when it comes to selling stem cell products. But this is only my opinion.

Well, I suppose you have to start somewhere. When the small enterprise products become successful, they (or the technology) usually get gobbled up by the big companies anyway.

With regard to Stemulation, the company that DrJ used to be associated with - there were a few of us who were interested in that product and then they published all these photos of their staff on Facebook partying on - it was not a good look, very unprofessional. So most of us got turned off.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:
erg wrote:
Panda1,

Dr. J has said over on barefaced truth that he is in the process of creating a website where you can buy his product but it will also have data about his research and testimonials. The world of stem cells is still relatively new and legitimacy comes with baby steps. Having said that, I think your cynicism is healthy and understandable.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Dr. J, where do you get the MSC's? Is this from bone marrow, or another organ? Am I thinking correctly that this is where MSC's come from?

Bone marrow. MSC's also also live in the "perivascular space" (around small arterioles) in many parts of the body,including skin. Think 1 alarm fire (local FD) to 2 alarm fire (local + neighboring cities FD), to 3 alarm fire (all units responding backed up by county & state resources).

Ok. Thank you! Now, how are you making sure this is safe for us consumers?
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:
DrJ wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Panda1 wrote:
DrJ wrote:
I think it is quite remarkable that nobody asks about stem cytokines, the superstar of the show, and definitely more unique than the supporting characters, who have all been around a while. Is that because you are all thoroughly convinced from our chats in the stem cell/cytokines thread? Or are you just waiting until midnight to come after me with torches and pitchforks?

Even as a current user of a stem cell product, I think the technology is too new. Clinical trials are small. There needs to be some emperical evidence. I might be ok with being a guinea pig, but I can certainly understand others reluctance. How often have we seen new prescription drugs touted as miracles only to end up having serious side effects over time. Vitamin A and C might not be everything, but at least they are time tested.

I agree we are not all in the biological science fields, and stem cell study is one of the newest as it pertains to skin care.
We have to wait and hope for studies to help us make informed decisions.
Time is certainly a factor, none have been in use long term as compared to A,C even E (my addition) as Panda1 pointed out.

True, but they have now been around in science for a while (~ decade for would healing studies, some go back 30 years), and they are not man made chemicals - they are natural (the exact same as the ones your own stem cells make). So in that sense they are like the vitamins - we are mimicking nature's way of doing things. Harder to get in trouble that way. We learn more every day. It may be another decade before these things are "mainstream" & being used by billions. Meanwhile we can say we have never seen a single adverse effect. Even the emulsifiers in the final formulations are more likely to cause allergic problems, because they are identical to things your body makes.

DrJ - I mean you no disrespect - really, and I hope that my comments will benefit you in terms of your marketing effort, but if I am going to try this new technology (being NEW to me), I am more likely to go with a product from a larger company that has more resources and more history. It looks like we will be seeing a number of these stem cell based products in the near future - a company called Makucell just announced a new product at the recent Dermatology conference. I want to see publicity and press releases from Cellese. When I google Cellese I want a bunch of stuff to pop up. I want your name to come up when I am browsing the stem cell research sites. Now maybe you will tell me that all of that is just smoke and mirrors and really means nothing in terms of quality of product, but we are talking about stem cells here and frankly that is kind of scary stuff in my world. I am 60 years old. I WANT this stuff to work. But to me, you are a little bit like a home forumulator right now. I want you to be more real. Again, no disrespect!

No offense taken, Panda1. Just consider that every big company started as a small company. I used to be medical director at J&J, the world's largest healthcare company. I can assure you, the majority of science product innovations take place at small companies, who then try to get large companies to buy them. And we are just getting started. In a few weeks you will see press releases, articles, people coming out of the woodwork with endorsements, etc. We really do have a marketing team. I understand we look very small to you because I like to hang around here and listen/talk with you guys. I'm quirky. You probably won't find others doing the same.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:

a company called Makucell just announced a new product at the recent Dermatology conference. I want to see publicity and press releases from Cellese. When I google Cellese I want a bunch of stuff to pop up. I want your name to come up when I am browsing the stem cell research sites.

Makucell makes a proprietary (man made) chemical that stimulates wnt pathways. The canonical wnt pathway is involved in cancer growth (its the signal or switch between cells going into or escaping senescence, which ameliorates against cancer). Here is an excerpt from one of many papers in this area:

Nevi (or moles) are benign clonal hyperproliferations of melanocytes 80, the cells responsible for coloration of skin, hair and eyes. Just as some ACF are thought to be precursors to colon cancer, some nevi are precursor lesions to human melanoma. It has been observed clinically that about 20–30% of melanoma arise from pre-existing nevi 81, 82. Like ACF, nevi harbor a subset of the mutations that are also prevalent in advanced melanoma 80. Specifically, about 50% of nevi contain activating mutations in the BRAF oncogene and about 20% contain activating mutations of N-Ras. The mutation frequencies of these two genes are similar in advanced disease.
Although a large number of other mutations have been described in melanoma, these have not been widely reported in nevi 80. However, nevi have been shown to contain senescent melanocytes, based on expression of p16 and SA β-gal 21, 83. Together, these observations are consistent with the idea that nevi are clonal hyperproliferations driven by activation of the Ras/BRAF pathway. Ultimately, hyperproliferation is seemingly arrested by activation of cell senescence.
The canonical Wnt-signaling pathway, activated by Wnt1 and Wnt3a, promotes both differentiation and proliferation of neural crest-derived melanoblasts, the precursors of melanocytes 84–87. Approximately 20–30% of melanomas are thought to contain activated Wnt-signaling, although there has been some debate over the precise underlying mechanism 80, 88–94. In line with this observation, forced expression of β-catenin in melanoma cells drives their proliferation 95, and expression of β-catenin and/or β-catenin transcriptional targets is required for proliferation of melanoma cell lines 96, 97. MIcrophthalmia-associated Transcription Factor (MITF), a melanoma oncogene 98, is activated by β-catenin 95, 99–102. In melanocytes, MITF drives expression of key proliferation-promoting genes, such as cdk2 103. In sum, ample lines of evidence support a role for canonical Wnt-signaling in driving melanoma progression. Significantly, several studies have also reported activation of Wnt/β-catenin in nevi, based on β-catenin staining 104–108.

It's not just skin cancer, but many cancers (e.g. colon) that are activated by wnt/catenin pathways. Makucell states that their synthetic molecule penetrates easily to the dermis. If that it true, it can also be absorbed systemically from the vascular bed in the dermis.

Here is the title of the paper this comes from.
Cancer Biol Ther.

Wnt signaling and senescence: a tug of war in early neoplasia?
Peter D. Adams and Greg H. Enders
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA

For you science types, you can read the full manuscript online :

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2783518/pdf/nihms80646.pdf

Abstract
Studies of early neoplasia have revealed fundamental molecular pathways that drive tumorigenesis. Despite this progress, synthesis of principles of tumorigenesis that span tissue types has lagged. Such forays into the ‘comparative anatomy’ of cancer can stimulate new models and refine key questions. We envision commonality of pathways important in formation of two early benign neoplasms that are found in different tissues and which are not generally thought to be similar: dysplastic nevi of the skin and intestinal aberrant crypt foci. We propose that these neoplasms result from an ongoing ‘tug of war’ between the tumor suppression barrier posed by cellular senescence and the tumor-promoting activity of Wnt signaling. Whether or not such neoplasms progress to malignancy or persist in a benign state for many years might be largely determined by the outcome of this tug of war and its modulation by other genetic and epigenetic alterations, such as inactivation of p16INK4a.
-----

A pubmed query on wnt & tumorigenesis calls up over 1000 articles.

There are no clinical trials reported for the Makucell product.

We are in the same age group. I personally would be far more worried about a synthetic molecule working on the wnt pathways (from a company of any size than something from a company capturing something natural (human cytokines) in physiologic concentrations through biomimickry.
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Nope, but we have had enough debates & scientific arm wrestles online to have gained a bit of respect for one another, though we don't always agree. In fact, even when we agree we can always find something to disagree on -- if we look a bit closer. She's probably never going to forgive me for NOT adding kinetin to this formulation. (I just forgot - really!). I'm also a fan & supporter of the DIY community, where DragoN's reputation casts a large shadow.

Of course, more fun to haggle. Wink

Quote:

I am well aware of the problems and potential benefits. That being said, the formula itself is most useful [based on previous statement of using actives based on the published research] and likely to benefit even should the cytokines not perform as well as expected.

Win win.

What would be interesting, take this:
Kinetin 0.1%
B3 5%
NAG 2%
Borage oil 22%
Sea Emollient 15%
Vit E 1%
H20 31 %
Lecithin 5%
Menthol 2%
AA2G 3 %
Glycerin/Dex 3%
L carnosine 1%
Genistein 0.5 %
Ginger extract 1%
Proline 1%
Scooter gum 2%
Phenoxyethanl 0.5 %
Coffeberry 1%
NaOH .9%
AHYP 2%
Poly 80 1%

Switch out kinetin....and run them side by side. n=40 Wink

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Has Leslie Baumann been asked to speak on the stem-cells-for-skin issue? LOL

That's when you'll know, lol.

BFG
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

BFG

LOL.....

http://skintypesolutions.com/index.php?option=com_article&view=article&id=474

http://www.skintypesolutions.com/attachments/076_la_times_may_2008.pdf

Oh so many more but I won't waste space! Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:49 am      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
Quote:
Nope, but we have had enough debates & scientific arm wrestles online to have gained a bit of respect for one another, though we don't always agree. In fact, even when we agree we can always find something to disagree on -- if we look a bit closer. She's probably never going to forgive me for NOT adding kinetin to this formulation. (I just forgot - really!). I'm also a fan & supporter of the DIY community, where DragoN's reputation casts a large shadow.

Of course, more fun to haggle. Wink

Quote:

I am well aware of the problems and potential benefits. That being said, the formula itself is most useful [based on previous statement of using actives based on the published research] and likely to benefit even should the cytokines not perform as well as expected.

Win win.

What would be interesting, take this:
Kinetin 0.1%
B3 5%
NAG 2%
Borage oil 22%
Sea Emollient 15%
Vit E 1%
H20 31 %
Lecithin 5%
Menthol 2%
AA2G 3 %
Glycerin/Dex 3%
L carnosine 1%
Genistein 0.5 %
Ginger extract 1%
Proline 1%
Scooter gum 2%
Phenoxyethanl 0.5 %
Coffeberry 1%
NaOH .9%
AHYP 2%
Poly 80 1%

Switch out kinetin....and run them side by side. n=40 Wink

Interesting recipe. Do you drink it or smoke it?

Scooter gum? Isn't that what your dog leaves on the carpet when he scoots his bottom to scratch an itch?
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:53 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:

BFG

LOL.....

She is correct. I wouldn't recommend injecting stem cells either. Perhaps she has not yet heard about pure cytokines from stem cells farmed ex vivo? I suppose she will soon enough.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:57 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:

BFG

LOL.....

She is correct. I wouldn't recommend injecting stem cells either. Perhaps she has not yet heard about pure cytokines from stem cells farmed ex vivo? I suppose she will soon enough.

I was just joking around with BFG.......but one thing that does bother me is on her site apparently nobody has "NORMAL" skin we are all either dry or oily with a multitude of other issues! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:00 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
on her site apparently nobody has "NORMAL" skin we are all either dry or oily with a multitude of other issues! Shock

Good to know. At least I am not alone with my dry skin with a multitude of other issues! Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:01 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Scooter gum? Isn't that what your dog leaves on the carpet when he scoots his bottom to scratch an itch?

Shock Dr. J, you have a sense of humor! Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:09 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
on her site apparently nobody has "NORMAL" skin we are all either dry or oily with a multitude of other issues! Shock

Good to know. At least I am not alone with my dry skin with a multitude of other issues! Laughing

LOL I supposedly have DRY-RESISTANT skin, sorry my skin has never been dry! Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:

Laughing Jealousy...so unbecoming.Wink

DrJ wrote:

You are referring to the secretions of the anal glands I take it? On par with Renovage for use...

One point DrJ, you are almost correct. Bacterial shite of researched and documented use in percutaneous drug therapy. Creates a silky feel without extraneous crap for fillers. People are daft enough to rub ulcer drugs on their faces and others to recommend such....what's a little bacterial doo?

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
DrJ wrote:

Laughing Jealousy...so unbecoming.Wink

DrJ wrote:

You are referring to the secretions of the anal glands I take it? On par with Renovage for use...

One point DrJ, you are almost correct. Bacterial shite of researched and documented use in percutaneous drug therapy. Creates a silky feel without extraneous crap for fillers. People are daft enough to rub ulcer drugs on their faces and others to recommend such....what's a little bacterial doo?

Well then it is a good thing that mesenchymal stem cells are clever enough to manufacture natural wide spectrum antibiotics. You'll need some stem cytokines to balance and counteract the dog sourced ingredients. Woof!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I would say a bit more like fungus crud than anything to do with dogs

Sclerotium rolfsii

http://www.auroma.com/catalog/rawmaterials/SclerotiumGum/

http://www.extento.hawaii.edu/kbase/crop/Type/s_rolfs.htm

Function/use(s): Emulsion Stabilizer; Skin-Conditioning Agent - Miscellaneous; Viscosity Increasing Agent -Aqueous; EMULSION STABILISING; SKIN CONDITIONING; VISCOSITY CONTROLLING

About SCLEROTIUM GUM: Sclerotium Gum is a polysaccharide gum produced by the bacterium Sclerotium rolfssii. It iscomposed of glucose monomers.

Synonym(s): GUM, SCLEROTIUM; SCLEROGLUCAN; SCLEROGUM; BETASIZOFIRAN

S. rolfsii has an extensive host range; at least 500 species in 100 families are susceptible. The most common hosts are the legumes, crucifers, and cucurbits.

Known hosts in Hawaii include: carnation (Dianthus caryophyllus L.), corn or maize (Zea mays L.), eggplant (Solanum melongena L.), florist's chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum morifolium Ram.), ground cherry or poha (Physalis peruviana L.), okra (Hibiscus esculentus L.), beans (Phaseolus sp.), Spathiphyllum sp., sugar cane (Saccharum officinarum L.), sweet pepper (Capsicum frutescens L.), sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas (L.) Poir), sweet william (Dianthus barbatus L.), taro (Colocasia esculenta (L.) Schott), tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.), tuberose (Polianthes tuberosum), watermelon (Citrullus vulgaris Schrad.), and winter squash (Cucurbita maxima Decne.).

Other reported hosts (worldwide) include: alfalfa, amaryllis, artichoke, banana, bean, beet, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, canteloupe, carrot, cauliflower, celery, chrysanthemum, coffee, cotton, cucumber, delphinium, endive, escarole, garlic, ginger, gourd, iris, lettuce, mango, muskmelon, mustard, narcissus, onion, parsley, southern pea, peanuts, pineapple, potato, pumpkin, radish, rhubarb, soybean, squash, tobacco, tulip, turf (i.e., golf greens, bermudagrass and crabgrass), turnip, and yam.

The fungus persists in many weed hosts as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

Sclerotium rolfsii

http://www.auroma.com/catalog/rawmaterials/SclerotiumGum/

http://www.extento.hawaii.edu/kbase/crop/Type/s_rolfs.htm

Function/use(s): Emulsion Stabilizer; Skin-Conditioning Agent - Miscellaneous; Viscosity Increasing Agent -Aqueous; EMULSION STABILISING; SKIN CONDITIONING; VISCOSITY CONTROLLING

About SCLEROTIUM GUM: Sclerotium Gum is a polysaccharide gum produced by the bacterium Sclerotium rolfssii. It iscomposed of glucose monomers.

Synonym(s): GUM, SCLEROTIUM; SCLEROGLUCAN; SCLEROGUM; BETASIZOFIRAN

S. rolfsii has an extensive host range; at least 500 species in 100 families are susceptible. The most common hosts are the legumes, crucifers, and cucurbits.

Known hosts in Hawaii include: carnation (Dianthus caryophyllus L.), corn or maize (Zea mays L.), eggplant (Solanum melongena L.), florist's chrysanthemum (Chrysanthemum morifolium Ram.), ground cherry or poha (Physalis peruviana L.), okra (Hibiscus esculentus L.), beans (Phaseolus sp.), Spathiphyllum sp., sugar cane (Saccharum officinarum L.), sweet pepper (Capsicum frutescens L.), sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas (L.) Poir), sweet william (Dianthus barbatus L.), taro (Colocasia esculenta (L.) Schott), tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.), tuberose (Polianthes tuberosum), watermelon (Citrullus vulgaris Schrad.), and winter squash (Cucurbita maxima Decne.).

Other reported hosts (worldwide) include: alfalfa, amaryllis, artichoke, banana, bean, beet, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, canteloupe, carrot, cauliflower, celery, chrysanthemum, coffee, cotton, cucumber, delphinium, endive, escarole, garlic, ginger, gourd, iris, lettuce, mango, muskmelon, mustard, narcissus, onion, parsley, southern pea, peanuts, pineapple, potato, pumpkin, radish, rhubarb, soybean, squash, tobacco, tulip, turf (i.e., golf greens, bermudagrass and crabgrass), turnip, and yam.

The fungus persists in many weed hosts as well.

Fungus crud makes many wonderful products. Its what makes beer beer. Wine, bread, cheese. Imagine mushroom & cheese pizza with a hearty stout. Fungus delight!!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Fungus crud makes many wonderful products. Its what makes beer beer. Wine, bread, cheese. Imagine mushroom & cheese pizza with a hearty stout. Fungus delight!!

I know, just pointing out what was being talked about and it has nothing to do with dog anal glands. I used to make home made bread and it is an amazing living thing! (yeast that is) Very Happy

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |