Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Age you noticed a change?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Myself
5% products discount

Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering at what age you started to notice changes in your skin and appearance and what they were?

I'm 37 and I'm noticing more and more age related blemishes. Redness and brown spots on cheeks, possibly thread veins. Wrinkles. Some Sebaceous Hyperplasia, many red blood spots on my body and keratosis pilaris Sad This getting old is fun!

So what age and what issues did you begin to notice?

I'm sure I'm too young for all this Sad
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I really started noticing at 35.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Hard to say... age 35 was also when I had my twins.

Things that would have been a factor...

Hormone changes (get those checked), and lack of sleep. Less time for me, and poor mgmt skills MAKING time for me!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Late thirties and fairly suddenly - elevens, fine lines on forehead, reduced elasticity in the eye area, subtle jowling! Shock I already had freckling and some hyperpigmentation from sunbed abuse. It makes sense because we know hormonal and fertility changes accelerate after ~35. For reference I am child-free by choice, have chronic insomnia, periods of significant stress and poor lifestyle choices.
http://barefacedtruth.com/2012/01/14/news-views-skin-wrinkles-begin-at-age-33/

IMO try to see it as an early warning to start taking care of your body with healthy diet and lifestyle and/ or a challenge! Wink Do check with your dermatologist or family doctor that you don't have the early signs of rosacea or suchlike, because anti-ageing skincare should take that into consideration.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:24 am      Reply with quote
oh yea.. I did not really take care of my skin (other than the occasional moisturizer). Then it was like I woke up one day.. and I had wrinkles.

I am just trying to slow down the process at this point

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

I really didn't notice any real ageing changes in my skin until I was about 54 and even then it was just some faint brown spots and a couple of thread veins on my face. I've always been taken for at least 15 years younger and I think a lot of it is genetic as my family all look very young for their ages.

I do maintain a healthy weight - I've been around 118lbs since I was 19; have eaten healthily; walked a lot; not sunbathed very much and not drunk a lot of alcohol. BUT, I'm ashamed to admit I have smoked and still do though I'm trying to cut down. I've worn foundation every day virtually since I was 20 and used high quality skincare and I think this has helped by creating a barrier for my skin against the effects of smoking and pollution.

For me, it's really only been since the menopause that I've felt ageing is kicking in more but I'm doing everything I can to stave it off but no cosmetic surgery or injectibles. I just think that that now, there aren't quite as many very good days as there used to be!
Myself
5% products discount

Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have hormones or the menopause as a reason as I am a guy.

Never smoked, don't drink much at all, stress and outdoor sports are my nemesis I think! Sad
tefla
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Myself

Welcome to the forum!

Setting aside all girly stuff then, if you're exercising that's good but do you use a good cleansing routine, basic moisturizer and sunscreen and eat and sleep well?

Try to reduce the stress - the older you get, the more you'll realize that life's too short to worry over things you can't change but for things you can, do it!
Myself
5% products discount

Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the welcome Smile

I have been suffering anxiety for some time so eating has been poor, lost about 15kg over the year, I didn't have it to lose.

I do cleanse and moisturise at night. Sunscreen has been a problem as I can never find one that is not greasy.

I guess I also think its too late to rescue my skin now Sad
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Around my eary 40s I started to notice the elevens and deeper forehead wrinkles. My nasolabial lines are just starting to get more pronounced now at 49 years of age as is the slackness of my skin in my neck, jawline...well, just about everywhere really. Sad

I'm pretty happy that I hardly have any lines around my eyes, but the crepiness on my upper eyelids started about 4 or so years ago.

Oh, and I started to get melasma on my cheeks when I was around 46 or 47. After many peels, they are barely noticeable now.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Myself wrote:

Hi, Myself. Just wanted to give you some encouragement, as I don't think it is ever too late to improve ones skin. There are ingredients (granted not many!) that do work. For sundamage, IMO, you really need a sunscreen and a topical A (retin A, etc). Those 2 things could make a huge difference in your skin over time.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Myself wrote:
I don't have hormones or the menopause as a reason as I am a guy.

Never smoked, don't drink much at all, stress and outdoor sports are my nemesis I think! Sad

Thanks for the welcome Smile

I have been suffering anxiety for some time so eating has been poor, lost about 15kg over the year, I didn't have it to lose.

I do cleanse and moisturise at night. Sunscreen has been a problem as I can never find one that is not greasy.

It's definitely not too late. Read around the forum, many ladies (and some guys) have had great results using proven actives and techniques, eating right and being consistent. The obvious first step is to find a good high factor sunscreen and get back outdoors! Pratima is supposed to be quite matte, Burnout do ones that are resist sweating I think.

Anxiety: if your symptoms are affecting your life maybe ask if your family doctor will prescribe you a low dose beta-blocker? At higher doses these are heart drugs but are often prescribed to students with exam stress because they are non-addictive, non-drowsy and few side effects at such low doses. You can take them as-and-when needed, working within an hour! Although you can also choose to take then regularly, you may prefer not to as they *may* reduce your ability to exercise at higher intensities slightly. Indirectly a low dose beta-blocker can help with sleep problems and loss of appetite that accompany anxiety because they stop the excess adrenaline being produced. Very Happy

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
I found EDS right about the time I was searching for skin care options. I was about 49 years old when I started noticing and searching for something. I have always been a Non smoker, veggie lover, no sun bathing, big fan of many forms of exercise and weight lifting, oily skin, low stress mostly, but had no skin care regime at all.
I was so amazed at what was out there!!!! and continue to learn things...

Because of EDS I look and feel as vibrant as I did 10 years ago thanks to all the options I've learned here.
Myself you have done yourself a big favor by tuning in to EDS. There is so much help and possibilities. Retin A, Copper Peptides, sunscreen are a great start.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:37 am      Reply with quote
I had oily skin and almost constant breakouts until I was in my mid 30s. I never got to enjoy good skin after that as I thought all those spots had caused constant red skin. Then I found out about rosacea.... *sigh*

I've not long turned 40 and am just starting to notice a few, fine crows feet; dry, crepey looking hands (bah!) and big pores (could be from all that acne though).

It's fair to say I'm in panic mode at the moment. I'm on here devouring all I can to find out how to slow it all down!
tefla
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Myself wrote:

Quote:
Sunscreen has been a problem as I can never find one that is not greasy.

I've just been trying out the newest Obagi sunscreen - Obagi Sun Shade SPF 50 - and it's the best I've ever tried. Completely non - greasy and non - whitening. Not the cheapest but it's fantastic!
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 37 and started to notice my skin texture change in the last year or so. I don't really have wrinkles per se but my skin looks more dull and I have noticed more broken capillaries around my nose and my eyes look morer "tired". All this I noticed since turning 36.

I suffer from mild anxiety too and it certainly does not help. Ive tried to work on diet and exercise. Ive started taking HA suplements and osmosis ATP supplements and since I have osteroperosis in my family a complete calcium supplement too & fish oil. Basically I re- evaluated what my body needed and lacked internally. Perhaps you could see a naturopath to help with your "insides" first. I feel thats so impotant as we age..for men and women. My husband had done this and feels so much better after only a few months.
I have also gotten him to be more religious with sunscreen and he too is very fussy with their texture. So far he likes Invisible zinc essential daily moisturiser with spf 30 and ultaceuticals spf moisturiser too . He likes this better, but my brother likes the IZ better LOL...just shows we are all different.Sunscreen is sooo importnat right now. Especially if you have spots and blotches on your skin. The other sunscreens recommended on here are devita..but Ive never tried it.

GL
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
dionie wrote:

I suffer from mild anxiety too and it certainly does not help. Ive tried to work on diet and exercise. Ive started taking HA suplements and osmosis ATP supplements and since I have osteroperosis in my family a complete calcium supplement too & fish oil. Basically I re- evaluated what my body needed and lacked internally. Perhaps you could see a naturopath to help with your "insides" first.
GL

Have you also been advised to supplement magnesium? It acts synergistically with calcium in bone development, opposes/ balances calcium in muscle contraction and plays a key role in the brain's production of the hormones that control mood, stress levels and sleep.

Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I agree 200% on the see a naturopath dionie Wink Our skin is a reflection of our internal health, and it's ironic that people often neglect focusing on 'their insides' until the outside it starting to look a little worse for wear lol

I'm really lucky as I've been into natural therapies since I was a child. I'm terrified of medications as I was overdosed on aspirin by a doctor when I was 8yo which nearly killed me (Reye's Syndrome) - I suffered multiple organ damage and was in hospital for 2 months. I'm so lucky and blessed that I made an almost full recovery. After that I pretty much refused medications and told my mother I would prefer natural alternatives declaring "that God gave us everything we need to heal ourselves in nature" Very Happy So my mum bought me some natural healing/naturopathy type books at around that age and I read them from cover to cover and I was hooked... and natural therapies, supplements, etc, just became second nature to me. Wink

I've always eaten super healthy and done a lot of exercise as I'm naturally hyper and just feel better if my body is being pushed to its limits and I've always taken vitamins and supplements. I dont drink alcohol and I dont eat junk food, but I do eat chocolate of all types - I do prefer to make my own raw organic cacao chocolate truffles when I have time.

At 36 people told me I looked 25 - and I dont mean my friends sucking up, but total strangers lol even now that I'm 41 I still have guys in their early 20's hitting on me when I go out - my husband is ASTOUNDED! lol

So yes, number 1 tip is when you start noticing changes, clean up your diet. Wink I was reading an article on glycation a few weeks ago that was saying just by switching to lemonade rather than cola you're removing the colouring they use in cola which increses glycation -- now I'm never going to suggest to people to drink soda, diet or otherwise, I'll always say drink water and herbal teas. I'll try to find this article Wink
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Firefox7275 wrote:
Have you also been advised to supplement magnesium? It acts synergistically with calcium in bone development, opposes/ balances calcium in muscle contraction and plays a key role in the brain's production of the hormones that control mood, stress levels and sleep.

Ahhh yes, magnesium is fantastic for bone health. It is also required for over 300 metabolic proceses and many people are deficient in it.

I noticed an almost instant improvement in my dental health when I started taking it a few years ago. It hadnt dawned on me that I may have been deficient in it as I eat a lot of green leafy vegetables and nuts and seeds - but it would appear I was deficient nevertheless as I also physically felt better once I started taking it. I felt an increase in energy and I slept better and for longer, no more leg cramps or muscle aches either Wink
dionie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Glamcat you sure must keep your hubby on his toes...I would love to look in my twenties...wow how awesome would that be Very Happy

Yes magnesium is a great thing for me. The complete calcium I take has magnesium at with a touch of K and D for absorption and a few other things. It contains calcium citrate and a little calcium and magnesium (as oxide) at half the dosage or mg to calcium. I wonder if this is enough or if I should up my magnesium???

I figure that I don't want to go through what my grandmother did and what my mother may go through.I take it just before bed and find it really does help with sleep a little.

As for exersie I havn't done it in two weeks due to temporary unforseen circumstances and let me tell you not only is my skin more stressed but I feel sooooo tired. Its amazing how great we feel when we excerise. So I must get back to it.
CLxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
At the turn to 37, i started to notice my frown lines and laugh lines and skin starts to sag i guess due to loss og collagen. I even notice thinning of hair strands on my head as well as u know down there (not coming off, the hair strands actually getting thinner than it used to be and gone back to be like those i had as child). I have migraine headache since young, during that year it got worse that i almost fsinted on street on several occassions. And i used to not be wearing many clothes during winter, i felt cold from inside out all year round at 37 and could not take any cold drinks or food eg. Ice cream or my headace would follow. One more thing is since that year, the amt of my menstrual blood flow is just about 1/2 of my fertile days. Before that turn i used to look like i was in my late twenties, however, all of tha signs happened in just one day. Since then, i would understand why my mom has her hair permed all year round and my older sisters are keen on taking foold supplements for menopause for that i am preparing myself now. Time really flies.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Glamcat wrote:

Ahhh yes, magnesium is fantastic for bone health. It is also required for over 300 metabolic proceses and many people are deficient in it.

I noticed an almost instant improvement in my dental health when I started taking it a few years ago. It hadnt dawned on me that I may have been deficient in it as I eat a lot of green leafy vegetables and nuts and seeds - but it would appear I was deficient nevertheless as I also physically felt better once I started taking it. I felt an increase in energy and I slept better and for longer, no more leg cramps or muscle aches either Wink

Ha ha, indeed but we'd be here for weeks trying to list them all! Laughing I don't push magnesium routinely because, as you know, I am not keen on supplementing individual nutrients without a solid medical reason as it can throw the balance out. I push my clients towards eating plenty of nuts, seeds, wholegrains and pulses.

I have taken magnesium in the past and quickly noticed a difference with Restless Legs Syndrome and recovery from exercise. I have insomnia and am easily stressed, can't honestly say for 100% magnesium helped with that but I knew it would not be a negative. Pleased to hear you noticed so many benefits tho: sometimes you only realise you have minor symptoms when they are gone! Smile

wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Haven't noticed any change yet Very Happy
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 35 the only thing I've noticed is I have some "11"s...but I have had those for years.
prob due to a lot of stress I think.

Other than that I still get some blemishes at my jawline and people think I'm 25- which is good or bad depending.

I get a lot of too young guys asking me out...like there is no way I'm going on a date with a 25 year old,lol.

Don't have any dark spots or eye wrinkles at all (I have good polarized sunglasses and use sunscreen).

right now I just have some red spots from blemishes,but once my skin s ettles down and I use vitamin C they eventually go away.

-my sister last week even wondered how come I had no wrinkles and she has some and is 3 years younger...

My only other issue would be eye puffiness when I wake up- but that is not new..have had that my whole life almost.
I just use a good eye gel and that helps in the Am.
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
dionie wrote:
Wow Glamcat you sure must keep your hubby on his toes...I would love to look in my twenties...wow how awesome would that be Very Happy

Yes magnesium is a great thing for me. The complete calcium I take has magnesium at with a touch of K and D for absorption and a few other things. It contains calcium citrate and a little calcium and magnesium (as oxide) at half the dosage or mg to calcium. I wonder if this is enough or if I should up my magnesium???

I figure that I don't want to go through what my grandmother did and what my mother may go through.I take it just before bed and find it really does help with sleep a little.

As for exersie I havn't done it in two weeks due to temporary unforseen circumstances and let me tell you not only is my skin more stressed but I feel sooooo tired. Its amazing how great we feel when we excerise. So I must get back to it.

hahahaha... I personally dont think I look in my 20's - but yes it's a very strange phenomenon - my husband thinks it's hilarious which is a good thing! Wink Lucky he's not jealous! He's happy I look after myself as it certainly keeps medical bills down and as a family too because it keeps everyone healthy - we rarely even get colds and if we do happen to catch a bug of some kind I have it kicked pretty quickly - in fact what usually happens is hubby and/or my daughter get sick with bugs and colds and I dont get it at all - but I do have them recovered very quickly.

So when people want to argue natural therapies versus medications with me - I tell them that me and my family are living proof.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |