Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Retin A creating open pores and bad texture
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Pamma
5% products discount

Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I have been trying to find a solution for roughly 7 yrs from being damaged under a dr and estys care. Peels, retin a, same stuff you all are talking about have given me the same results as you. Was trying to treat blackheads, as a result of their advice now I got lots! Plus huge pores and wrinkles.
The cosmetic industry promotes heavily that people need to exfoliate if we want to stay youthful. Retin a is backed by "sientific data" and is promoted all over the place. It might work for some lucky folks.
Here's what I've tried to fix my skin. More peels, light and stronger based on forum members talking about how it worked for them. I've tried only washing once a day. Most of NCN's products. Dr perricones products, Paula's choice salisilic acid 2%, ocm(hydrating but no real improvement). I've gone caveman only rinsed in the shower for months at a time,,my skin looks pretty much the same when I do this only it's less oily. I derma rolled for a short stint in 09-10 and had some improvement, it's a hard one to stick to for me because my skin is red for days and pores and lines seem worse while it's healing. I've tried changing my diet, very hard to stick to. I've tried soooo many different things and spent years of my life trying to figure out what works. Unfortunately as I've gotten older the wrinkles and orange peel texture have gotten worse. My pores have calmed down and shrunk a bit tho and don't have as much congestion thankfully!!! I believe my caveman days are what I would attribute to my pores being a little better, this took a long time to achieve tho. There was about 6 yrs of every pore being huge and clogged!!!!
Going to try now, manuka honey morning and night(after reading much about the honey I have high hopes! Hopefully not misguided!) then emu, super cop under emu in the AM. I'm drinking a super green mix(can't remember the name). Flax seed oil, mms, vit c, green tea(been doing for a while, no real results but might as well, it could keep from getting worse?)I've used copper before and it hadnt helped not sure why I'm trying this again, maybe I didn't stick with it long enough? Im going to add in HA supplements and the collagen ones cristeena recommended. I'm also going to start derma rolling again if my skin seems stable. I've also started a facial exercising program.
The way I manage my emotional state is. I keep my lights low in the bathroom. I NEVER look in the rear view mirror unless I want to ruin my day or month or year or which ever. It's been really tough. Anyways I'll report back my progress.
cristeena
5% products discount

Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Gdog, I am so sorry you are going through this too! Sad I am still sticking with my regimen, but i skipped a few days of honey/emu when i spent the night somewhere else, and my skin has regressed a bit and gotten dry and more dehydrated so pores look big and texture looks rough and disgusting more than it did when I wrote my last post. I also notice a difference if i even have a drop of alcohol or slack on the water, things start looking worse. My skin currently looks pretty bad, but i think once my skin gets more hydrated again things will look better. I also know though that the healthy layers of skin have to grow out and I am expecting to not see a full recovery for up to a year Sad Anyway, I hope you start seeing improvement, hang in there, just baby your skin, put nothing but natural products on it and stick with your supplements, I think you will start to see healing soon. Please keep us updated!! Smile Christina
cristeena
5% products discount

Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Pamma, please be careful with the CP, I would advise against it actually. I have read sooo many horror stories of it ruining people's skin texture and/or severely damaging skin elasticity permanently. When i was freaking out initially, I ordered some and just put a tiny drop on one of my cheeks scars for 2 days and i only had it on about 5 min before washing it off both times. Anyway that was 2 months ago and I still have a little crease in my cheeks where I put the CP and it wrinkled the skin, so I would just use natural products for now, good luck! xoxo
gdog

Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the reply Christina, even though I wish it had been better news! I know it's probably going to take time but part of me feels that most of this damage is here to stay. My main problem is that my skin cells all appear really disorganised now...running in lots of different directions across my face rather than being fairly uniform like before. And wrinkles have developed everywhere. My skin is sooooo thin on my nose that if I make any facial expression it is just covered in wrinkles. And like others have reported before, my face becomes very red at times which it didn't really used to do before. It's been a total disaster and all from an OTC retinol cream.

Pamma, I really feel for you. I hope that we will all heal in time, atleast enough to live a normal life. Let's keep eachother updated on progress. I'm hoping my oils and supplements will arrive today Smile
Pamma
5% products discount

Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi cristeena, do you take flaxseed oil? I've recently gotten hooked on the strawberry swirl kind(much easier to swallow) for close to two weeks and feel like my skin is holding moisture a little better. Could be the honey or the emu also but I don't think so. I'm wondering if flaxseed could help you also.
I'm going to research cp's a bit more..some people swear by them but then some people really do well with retin a.

Gdog I'm very sorry for what you are going thru and know how you feel. When the damage happened to me I felt like my cells were all over the place and disorganized too. So messed up. I kept putting stuff on it trying to calm it down but I prolly should have left it alone..guess what I was told to do, yepp. Exfoliate and more retin a. Bad news... Please let us know how shyguys recipe works for you. I'm not sure I would cleanse twice daily or even daily. Seems too drying.
I try to remind myself that good people don't care about what my skin looks like and if they do then I don't need em:) And some of my favorite people have less then perfect skin.
gdog

Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:04 am      Reply with quote
Pamma, your last comments really put things into perspective for me. It's true that what our skin looks like really shouldn't matter enough to change how we live our lives, and I'm sure people will not judge us on our skin. It's just made me very scared about how quickly my skin will age as I get older due to the fact it's had such a battering now and is already thin and wrinkled.

I am using manuka honey to cleanse just in the evening and using the oils without any other moisturiser at night. I apply the oils again in the morning and follow with an organic facecream with spf if I am going outside. My skin doesn't like having normal sunscreen on it but seemed to cope ok with the facecream. I've also started taking the supplements. It may all be a waste of money but atleast I feel like I'm trying my best to help the situation.
Pamma
5% products discount

Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
I really hope the oils help you gdog. Please keep us updated on your progress. I may give them a try also. I know my skin feels really nice when I do oatmeal masks going to add the honey into it:) I've dropped cp's as I think cristeenas right about them causing more harm.
cristeena
5% products discount

Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pamma,

No, I dont do flaxseed oil because I read it alters hormones and I am currently on spironolactone for acne, so I didnt want to mess with anything else hormone related.
cristeena
5% products discount

Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Gdog and Pamma, my skin is the same as yours, I have so many fine lines now, and I used to look SOOOO much younger. My skin also looks very scaly and you can see every single cell like you mentioned, its so gross and weird and has a waxy orange peel appearance. I can deal with everything else if I have to, I just need my rough wrinkled loose skin texture on my cheeks to improve and to have my enormous pores close more and smooth out. SO depressing, I never want to do anything with anyone!
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Imo, Retin A and/or Retinol can destroy the skin's protective barrier. It's not for everyone and it's certainly not something that should be used long term. In fact, I feel I disrupted my skin's mantle by using retinol for a few years. Its probably been over year year now since I last used it and I am still feeling the effects. I'm in my fifties and my skin has never been this dry, sensitive and reactive as it is now. I also never had rosacea before but suddenly I had a few dry, red scaly patches. One spot on my cheek looked so bad that it looked deeply wrinkled and it never looked like that previously. I was out in the wind recently and got wind burn and my skin became super red and dehyrated.

Thankfully for me, an EDS contact (new friend) recommended Garden of Wisdom products to help calm my skin down. I emailed them for recommendations and they were wonderful. I'm so happy I did. My skin has calmed down immensely and the moisture level has been restored. The red, scaly patches are gone. Btw, thinning skin is a symptom of the skin's barrier being disrupted and also is a symptom of inflammation. This is not a good thing!

My 16-year old son also started using GOW products for acne, and thank God his skin is finally clearing! Even the red spots have faded considerably!! He had previously tried a number of OTC products as well as an RX which he had a bad reation to. I'm so happy for him Smile

My advice to anyone who is suffering with skin issues due to Retin A/retinol to contact them. They are super nice and their products are super gentle but extremely effective. I'm done with Retin A for good.

Best, Aprile
gdog

Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Hang in there Christeena, I'm sure you will see more improvement over time, but I feel your pain. I have stopped using the oils suggested by shyguy as I kept getting spots. I am now using emu oil as you and others have suggested...my skin seems able to tolerate this. I also private messaged shyguy to check on his progress. He said that he feels a cream called psoria gold has really helped his healing, particularly the redness that he was suffering. He suggested the Sensitive Plus...it has been discussed by Kash and Mew in this thread and also on many other forums. It is quite expensive but worth a shot. I really hope you see some positive results again soon. Take care
AncoraImparo
5% products discount

Tue May 27, 2014 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
Imo, Retin A and/or Retinol can destroy the skin's protective barrier. It's not for everyone and it's certainly not something that should be used long term. In fact, I feel I disrupted my skin's mantle by using retinol for a few years. Its probably been over year year now since I last used it and I am still feeling the effects. I'm in my fifties and my skin has never been this dry, sensitive and reactive as it is now. I also never had rosacea before but suddenly I had a few dry, red scaly patches. One spot on my cheek looked so bad that it looked deeply wrinkled and it never looked like that previously. I was out in the wind recently and got wind burn and my skin became super red and dehyrated.

Thankfully for me, an EDS contact (new friend) recommended Garden of Wisdom products to help calm my skin down. I emailed them for recommendations and they were wonderful. I'm so happy I did. My skin has calmed down immensely and the moisture level has been restored. The red, scaly patches are gone. Btw, thinning skin is a symptom of the skin's barrier being disrupted and also is a symptom of inflammation. This is not a good thing!

My 16-year old son also started using GOW products for acne, and thank God his skin is finally clearing! Even the red spots have faded considerably!! He had previously tried a number of OTC products as well as an RX which he had a bad reation to. I'm so happy for him Smile

My advice to anyone who is suffering with skin issues due to Retin A/retinol to contact them. They are super nice and their products are super gentle but extremely effective. I'm done with Retin A for good.

Best, Aprile

Hi Aprile! I am also experiencing severely dehydrated skin. Can you recommend any products from the specific site?
cristeena
5% products discount

Wed May 28, 2014 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

Just wanted to update that I have seen a lot more healing since my last post, and I have even been slacking on the water, supplements, drinking some alcohol, etc, so I really think time is the best trick here :/

Its been 5 months exactly now since I did the 18% TCA peel. Im still doing honey and emu and still taking my supps most of the time, and my skin is not as waxy looking anymore, its no longer red/flushed, and my pores are continuing to get smaller every few weeks, but it is a slooooow process. Today my skin looked more smooth but just last week it was looking HORRIBLE, very rough and big pores, so just know that it fluctuates constantly.

Best part besides pore reduction is that ALL of my post TCA peel wrinkles and lines have disappeared now, and I highly attribute this to the hyaluronic acid supplements and collagen supplements as well as fish oil, as all of these have helped my skin maintain moisture. I used to have horrible vertical and horizontal lines running down my cheeks and sides of my nose when i would smile and those are all gone now! I saw a plastic surgeon 2 months ago and he said my skin was severely dry and that it would go back to normal eventually with plenty of moisturization and being gentle on my skin with no products and he was right, ive seen a lot of healing in that area.

My once smooth cheeks are still covered in rough patches with large pores, but most of my indents all over have filled in and my orange peel look is so much better. I am guessing probably in 6 more months, I will look like my old self, hopefully. My hyperpigmented areas are getting lighter too finally, but still obvious brown spots. I was once suicidal over all of this, and now I am leading a more normal life with NO suicidal thoughts, your skin will heal, just know it may take years, but with the right care, it will heal. Dont give up hope!!!! <3
ANewHaven

Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi cristeena,

I have read your posts here and at the other site. Have your indents really filled up? I got my lines and dryness from retin A
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Retin A micro .025 gel since April and so far so good. My skin feels soft. I use it every third night. The next morning I clean my face with Boots foaming cleanser and use my Clarisonic to sweep away the flakes. Then I apply Skin Signals copper peptides and 3% estriol cream.

I had patches of eczema on my cheeks (still have them on my body) and they improved. I am now using Retin A on the eczema and it's slowly going away.

I think the reason I haven't had drastic effects like others have had is because I've used LacSal from SkinBiology.com for years. That has cleaned out my pores and removed the top layer of dead skin. If your pores are clogged, then once the Retin A or any acid cleans up the debris, they will look bigger.

I also agree with those who have said not to use Retin A so aggressively and gradually increase you dose. I tried using it every other day and it was too much so I backed off. Maybe in another month or two I will try again.
ANewHaven

Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:54 am      Reply with quote
The issue of gradually using retin a is agreed among many users here. But the real topic of discussion is if the damage can be repaired. It is a topical drug, not a surgery or deep peel. If it is able to create injury to the skin, it is considered a form of poison. And true as it is, it is labeled with a poison sticker on the tube itself.

The question is are these users affected by retin A able to recover in due time?
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:13 am      Reply with quote
ANewHaven wrote:
But the real topic of discussion is if the damage can be repaired. It is a topical drug, not a surgery or deep peel. If it is able to create injury to the skin, it is considered a form of poison. And true as it is, it is labeled with a poison sticker on the tube itself.

The question is are these users affected by retin A able to recover in due time?

You might be getting fake Retin A if there is a poison sticker on your tube. That might explain your bad results. However, I think you didn't give it enough time. I noticed lines around my lower eyelids initially for a few weeks but they've now smoothed out after two months and I'm applying every other night now.

If Retin A was doing damage, don't you think after twenty or thirty years doctors and patients would have noticed? Surgery and lasers are more dangerous because they go deeper. My coworker had two laser peels and her face was red for months and the results a year later don't look any better than she did before the treatments.

You might try Skin Biology's products which are less strong. But follow their instructions or you won't get good results. People tend to go overboard.
ANewHaven

Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
I am getting directly from doctors. From 2 different doctors in fact. It is labeled as poison in our country. I never get these online so they cannot be fake.

I'm not sure about your not enough time issue. I have used 6 months +. First few months was ok until the last month where everything went haywire.

Likewise I was having your similar mindset if it's an issue doctors over 20 years would not be prescribing it. But be warned if you check further in Internet, as there are increasing number of people complaining on such drug. Do not be defensive and accuse of fake stuff so easily.

What's important is everything seemed fine and it could suddenly happened. Do read more please. Search under 'retain a damage' and you will get the answers.

And some doctors are not prescribing it anymore.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:56 am      Reply with quote
ANewHaven – I think SoftSkin was asking questions in relation to what you had posted. As EDS has been around for ages, its not uncommon to have people self prescribe themselves with Retin A (which is a prescription medication). Retin A isn’t necessarily a poison, but it is part of the Vitamin A group family and therefore like any Vitamin overdozing on it is never a good thing.

In relation to “not enough time” you have only used it 6 months plus is a short amount of time. The original studies done on pub meds back in the 90’s all were done for a year plus – minimal. So your 6 months isn’t quite the same length of time.

With the information you can search for on the internet – sadly there is a lot of information but it doesn’t always equate to knowledge. With anything you can find contradictory points of view out there period. Retin A has been around for 30 plus years (I’ve used it 30 plus) but in that 30 years plus in the last 10/20 years I’ve seen more and more people turn to using it without the guidance of a derm and then experience horrible results because they rushed into using it (a) at way too high a strength in the beginning, (b) without properly educating themselves – one lady I read about wrote that she never used sunscreen and was using Retin A so she would never have to – and of course her skin was way more prone to sun damage as a result – yet she refused to acknowledge it even when people pointed out to her the instructions on the med advise moreso to wear sun protection. Plus we’ve not even spoke about the different forms (cream, gel, microgel etc) which are all geared towards different skin types. If you such under “Retin A damage” you will get information but not necessarily knowledge, nor the full story behind what happens. Sadly not everyone on the internet is 100% truthful and its very easy to post under a screen name a half truthful story which paints a horrible picture.

In order to answer the original question “The question is are these users affected by retin A able to recover in due time?” well it depends where the person is starting from (age, health) and how much they are willing to do the work – i.e. wearing sunscreen is a must in my opinion. Secondly starting out slowly is another. Thirdly is using the right medium for your skin type – as that is also a huge part of the problem. For example I have very dry skin, so for me the cream is best means, but if I opt to using the regular gel my skin shows huge adverse effects. Microgel is different. Just food for thought here ya know.

Tessie
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Just to say I've used Retin A in working with a derm for over 30 years and my skin is actually really good as a result. I do think there is a major thing to working with a qualified professional who knows products and your health history in my opinion, but to write off Retin A which has more studies and results than anything else out there is CRAZY - Sorry but it is.

There are more studies on Pub Med on Retin A than any other topical out there so to say it shouldn't be used long term - is just an opinion and not a medical fact. There are people who have used it even longer than I have who still have good skin and no issues.

There are different forms of it - so I think that's also an important thing worth considering. I have dry skin (post menopause) and am in my 60 plus years, so cream for me is great and hydrates, but gel - blawh no way. Microgel is a little different but just wanted to put an alternative viewpoint to that posted below.
aprile wrote:
Imo, Retin A and/or Retinol can destroy the skin's protective barrier. It's not for everyone and it's certainly not something that should be used long term.
ANewHaven

Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
First of all, thanks again to Softskin and Tessie.

In my country, all topicals that have a potential chance to cause harm to the body will be labeled with a poison sticker on the tube, regardless if it is underused or overused. I would take a picture for you. All retin A, Steiva A, etc when reached our country will be labeled as such before they reach the hands of the doctors. Thus, our government has recognised there is a possibility that retin A will cause harm.

Last I checked again, I am writing on this topic of retin A creating bad texture and blah.. so i was actually expecting those victims that may have a chance of recovery and report back their conditions. Or someone who is very experienced and HAD gone through the bad times of usage but recovered to share their experiences.

I didn't go through laser or any drastic thermal methods to my skin. So, imagine if a topical will change the skin in a bad way, it is ridiculous and I hope it will not be permanent!

I got my retin A from doctors. I don't buy them online. If any vitamins that have been overdosed, the body will pass them out and recover in time. If the person deliberately and consistently overdoses again and again and lead to kidney or liver failure, then that will be his or her fault to blame. Likewise, if I continue to use retin A and cause further harm and approach a doctor, the doctor will definitely asked who have I been listening to? EDS? stop at the point of visible damage and do not cause further harm!

6 months of usage may not be enough time i agree, but at the expense of larger pores, lines connecting between pores and form like wrinkles ( not under the eye, never use there), new indents that weren't there before (no acne lesions)?!!! skin become leathery and shiny even after a wash? These are signs to persist? Are you sure? And yes, i persisted for a few weeks more (at that time) and i thought it shouldn't be like that!

I cross referenced materials and information and I do not solely depend on a single person or group that either praise or debunk retina A's goodness/badness.

I am 30+ now and I am more concerned for those who have suffered and have the knowledge for its recovery. Whether it is overused or any unsuitable conditions, the concern is can someone recover from such a topical usage that led to damage?! No one would expect this to happen when I did my research on people who have used it for years! And while i really wanted to find out more truth, to my dismay, there are even more victims having the same fate as me.

I take supplements, exercise 5 times a week (an hour each), drink more than 10-12 medium size mineral water bottle size for past few years. The only problem i have now is i sleep late which i try to correct this asap.

Tessie and softskin, I am really glad you posted here. What Im worried now is will bigger pores, new indents, lines, texture which all appear to be dehydrated will recover in due time. I'm just very worried and terrified.....

Would I use back retin A if I can recover? yes, probably. I would start from 0.01 (not 0.1) and use it very very slowly like once per week onwards. The doctors here prescribed me with 0.025/0.05 immediately.

I am not here to debate whether retin A is harmful or useful. I'm here to ask have anyone recovered from its damages and what kind of damages and how did you do it to recover?

Thanks, everyone!
William89
5% products discount

Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Retin-a has destroyed my face and my life. 6 months since I stopped using it and no improvement.

I only used a tiny, tiny amount for 3 months every other night.

For whatever reason, retina-a results in severe skin damage for a percentage of people using it, likely due to genetics.

Has this serious side effect been reported or investigated ? Of course not, because people are stupid.

Those in studies who had this reaction were likely just labelled by researchers as having a 'bad reaction'- a reductionist term when in actual fact there face was likely destroyed permanently. But hey, 95% had good reactions, so its a great cream.

This cream has made me so depressed, insular and given me a hatred inside. Every day is now painful.
Finnish

Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
This is so sad. I'm so sorry for you all who are struggling with retin a damage.
I myself used it 3 years ago less than 3 months and just small amount in the evenings just few times a week. Before that I had gone trough microneedling session for 3 times with 1,5mm needless. It was a doctor who did the treatment for me and recommended tretinoin cream.

Past 3 years have been quite bad. I really hate how my facial skin is. I was only 31 when it got destroyed. Now I'm 34.

I have been trying to find a cure for this. I have been eating very healthy, excersising, sleeping well, drinking plenty of water, used just gentle creams and washes on my face. Nothing has helped. Next what I will try is systemic enzymes.

What I have noticed while searching for cure is that many things can have this same damage. And those many things might be allso what people suggest for cure.

Things that can cause bad texture on skin (open pores, loose sagging skin, dry skin, brown spots etc.)
-Tretinoin (a-vitamin)
-Microneedling
-Lazers

Tretinoin is a strong acid. It should never applied to young thin skin.

Microneedling is just too good to be true. I realised that I shold have never done it, when I read somewhere that it can allso reduce excess fat from the areas rolled. My skinny face did not need to loose any fat. I was stupid to believe the doctor that it can not do any harm like I shouldn't have believed his statement about tretinoin cream either that it can not do any harm.

Lazers seem to be too good to be true allso. They cause samekind of damage that tretinoin and microneedling does. Luckily I found the info from the web before trying to cure my damage with it.

Microneedling and lazer damage are tricky. Those might occure over 6 months after the treatments.

I'm afraid that surgery is my only option to cure my face at least a little bit. But it will be very hard to find a doctor who will listen to me and is going to cut off the excess skin that makes my face look very old and weird at my age.
I look very gaunt and hollow... like some drug addict or someone with very bad anorexia.

The situation is tough. Hope I can get help to this situation and get my life back. At the moment I'm at stage where I really don't want to go out of the house and see people especially when it is nice summer day. My face just looks so sick and it can not tolerate sun. And it has hurt me much when people have wondered behind my back that what has hapenned to me because I look so different (sick etc.). I used to get compliments...
To be 34 years old single at this stage is hard... No one will find me from my home. And I dont want to show my face like this to anyone...

Wish god will help me and all of us who suffer from this. I really want my life back so I can be the me who I used to be. World needs that kind of people more. I'm usless now that I'm so sick of this.

Bless you all. Hope we will find cure.

Has anyone By the way tried PRP (the vampire facial) ?
I was thinking of doing that. It has been used for sport injuries for ages and it has helped many. So maybe it is safe to use on face as well?
I would not tough get it done somewhere where they use microneedling roller or lazer to get it in the skin. I would only let it be injected.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:42 am      Reply with quote
William89 what strength did you start off with and what form (gel, cream etc)? 6 months is sufficient time to have seen a change in your skin, but it may be that you need to do something different depending on what happened? For example if it was damage done to the acid mantel of your skin then you would need to look at repairing that, if it was change in colour etc then that would be a different step and so on.

Retin A is very much like anything in that it can provide different results for different people depending where they are starting from etc. I’ve used it 30 plus years with a qualified professional who I truly trust. Yet during that time, I’ve frequently read on the net about people self medicating and doing crazy things with high strengths, and wrong forms for their skin types (i.e. like a dry skinned sufferer using the gel – no no). It may also be due to genetics, but can just as easily be due to something as simple as the wrong form.

You say there are serious side effects that have not been reported or investigated because people are stupid. That’s quite a judgment you are throwing at many there – and isn’t always the case. I can understand your frustrations at having had bad results, but want to encourage you to go and talk with a professional who can guide you or help you to not be depressed and suffer inside.
William89 wrote:
Retin-a has destroyed my face and my life. 6 months since I stopped using it and no improvement.

I only used a tiny, tiny amount for 3 months every other night.

For whatever reason, retina-a results in severe skin damage for a percentage of people using it, likely due to genetics.

Has this serious side effect been reported or investigated ? Of course not, because people are stupid.

Those in studies who had this reaction were likely just labelled by researchers as having a 'bad reaction'- a reductionist term when in actual fact there face was likely destroyed permanently. But hey, 95% had good reactions, so its a great cream.

This cream has made me so depressed, insular and given me a hatred inside. Every day is now painful.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Finnish my heart also goes out to you. You say it was a doctor who did the treatment and recommended the cream – have you thought about getting in contact with him and seeking his advice?

Tretinoin can be applied to young skin, but I am still of the belief that it should be done so in conjunction with talking with a properly educated medical professional first. Is it for everyone – absolutely not (but then what is).

What about doing something like massage or exercises to help build up your face and fill it out moreso?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |