Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Retin A creating open pores and bad texture
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dispenserofsoap

Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I've been dealing with this kind of damage that I acquired from The Ordinary's 2 percent Granactive Retinoid, a dumb $10 product I bought at Sephora not knowing what kind of horror I was getting myself into. Given that happened in October, I am 8 months out. So that's all the bad news.

The *good* news is that I've seen a lot of improvement since then, and I'm confident that with a lot more time, I will be a-okay in the end. I got here thanks to using Psoria Gold Classic Regular, which I started applying to my face about 1 month out from the retinoid disaster. I do believe that they key is to bring down the inflammation, THEN and only then move onto healing the moisture barrier with gentle, water-based products. No oils.

A big pet peeve of mine is when people post a lot right after their skin injury and then never check in again after its all over. So this is my promise: I will write again to update you on my progress. Yes, I absolutely will. I won't forget to do so because it means so, so much to those in the early stages of healing to know that yes, it is possible to heal, and that things are gonna be okay.

Another thing: I think no matter what you do, it takes a really long time to heal. Longer than you could ever imagine. Like, at least a year for most of us. So don't think that if you still have texture on your face and its been months that you're doing anything wrong. If you're not irritating your skin any further, you're not exfoliating, and you're moisturizing, then you're not doing anything wrong.

Much love to you all. I know how awful this is. You will get through it.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I will update this.

Retin-a aka tretinoin one of the few drugs (if not only) recognized by the FDA as an anti-ager. Retinol is the OTC version, of retin-a, not as potent, as the body has to convert retinol to retin-a, and the percentage of conversion is not definite in each formulation. I think that is correct, in a nutshell. I would urge users to read up on retin-a, there is a lot of info on YT and online. try to read legit sources from medical experts and not just an influencer.

People who have adverse effects, i believe are either allergic to retin-a itself or the inactive ingredients, or using a percentage that is too high, or using the product incorrectly. I think when used correctly, retin-a can help most people achieve their ideal skin. I never purged with it, as I have not had acne since my teens, so i cannot comment on that part.

I have used retin-a or retinol, now for years, on and off, off during times when i was pregnant or trying to get pregnant. I have amazing skin for my age. I work in a high stress field, i am an attorney. I am about to turn 40 and someone recently thought i was a brand new attorney. Retin-a shrinks pores, and i really don't have any wrinkles except for my 11 and bunny wrinkle, as I am a very expressive person.

As stated, any user needs to be well informed. I personally stay out of the sun, almost always, and wear sunblock almost every day, regardless of whether i stay inside.

recently, i don't feel the need to buy expensive moisturizers, serums, potions. i feel like the retin-a does most of the work. though i still use vitamin c serum, i am actually not sure that it does anything, but i have been using that for years also. many derms will not recommend vitamin c as they believe there are not enough studies to back up its usage, i kind of agree and feel like i am just having faith when using it. whereas with retin-a, it is well researched, and studied as an anti-ager. i have seen it reverse the clock on aging skin, not only on myself but others.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for taking the time to post that! Very positive post. I think it can be such a great tool in the anti-aging arsenal if you can use it.
Did you ever have any of the peeling when you first started using it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to post that! Very positive post. I think it can be such a great tool in the anti-aging arsenal if you can use it.
Did you ever have any of the peeling when you first started using it?

Thanks Annie!

Yes, i still peel occasionally but it is a lot less now that I have gone on the cream and am accustomed now to it (the gel irritated me) at a lower dosage, .025% . Supposedly, the lower dosage will get my skin to its optimal condition, but at a slower rate. it is much less irritating than the higher dose of .05 i was on before. i think the microgel is also good and stable during the day for usage, though i would rather just use this at night.

i stopped usage a few days ago, to start one of the Perfect Complexion retinol peels, Apeel Correct. I ordered this again after not using it for a long, long time (since i was 27! we had the longest discussion on these boards on it), as i remember the peel giving me the glowiest skin with small pores. Once i am done peeling, i will get back on retin-a. I read an article about oscillating between retin-a and retinol, and was fascinated. i also stop both and will use differin (adapalene), since it works on different receptors.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |