Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Retin A creating open pores and bad texture
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mew
5% products discount

Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Kash wrote:
Has anyone considered red light therapy? It's supposed to stimulate skin healing and collagen production, reduce inflammation, and improve skin texture without damaging the skin. I have been looking into it to help with my awful skin texture and rosacea after overusing acids.

I haven't heard of it - what is it? I'm in absolute despair with my skin, for the last two month I've been following the skin routine Skindeep77 wrote about in earlier posts and my skin is not looking better. I think it looks worse. I'm starting to think it's permanently damaged.
Kash
5% products discount

Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mew,

Something we have to remember too is that a lot of people say it takes skin 1-2 years to heal. It's hard because I want a fix NOW. I want my old skin back NOW. My struggle too is along with this bad skin texture I have developed rosacea so I don't know how my healing is being affected if I can't keep my inflammation down.

I read a lot about red light therapy on the Rosacea Group Forum. I know that people have had success with the burning and flushing caused by rosacea but also their skin texture and large pores. People use it for anti aging also to help with wrinkles. There is also a lot of info on the Internet. I am in desperation to get rid of these crinkly lines all over when I smile and to strengthen my skin because it feels very fragile. So red light therapy might be worth looking into and I don't believe there are many side effects because it doesn't damage the skin in order to speed healing but stimulates cell repair (supposedly). It's just a red LED light that you put on your face for 15 minutes a day. But I've never used it so I can't comment on how it would work for us.

Another product I have been looking into is psoria gold. I've read a lot about it on the ipl and laser damage board. Its a tumeric based formula that is supposed to help inflammation and skin healing. Now I don't have laser damage but my skin seems similar to the way people describe their skin that was damaged by laser. It may be worth reading about.

I wish there was a miracle product but it may just take time. I am just struggling because I am 16 weeks prego and I feel like this is all I think about. I'm already thinking about getting fillers after pregnancy to help with my skin texture and loss of plumpness. But I really hope we heal without having to take these measures!
mew
5% products discount

Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
Kash wrote:
Hi Mew,

Something we have to remember too is that a lot of people say it takes skin 1-2 years to heal. It's hard because I want a fix NOW. I want my old skin back NOW. My struggle too is along with this bad skin texture I have developed rosacea so I don't know how my healing is being affected if I can't keep my inflammation down.

I read a lot about red light therapy on the Rosacea Group Forum. I know that people have had success with the burning and flushing caused by rosacea but also their skin texture and large pores. People use it for anti aging also to help with wrinkles. There is also a lot of info on the Internet. I am in desperation to get rid of these crinkly lines all over when I smile and to strengthen my skin because it feels very fragile. So red light therapy might be worth looking into and I don't believe there are many side effects because it doesn't damage the skin in order to speed healing but stimulates cell repair (supposedly). It's just a red LED light that you put on your face for 15 minutes a day. But I've never used it so I can't comment on how it would work for us.

Another product I have been looking into is psoria gold. I've read a lot about it on the ipl and laser damage board. Its a tumeric based formula that is supposed to help inflammation and skin healing. Now I don't have laser damage but my skin seems similar to the way people describe their skin that was damaged by laser. It may be worth reading about.

I wish there was a miracle product but it may just take time. I am just struggling because I am 16 weeks prego and I feel like this is all I think about. I'm already thinking about getting fillers after pregnancy to help with my skin texture and loss of plumpness. But I really hope we heal without having to take these measures!

Hi Kash
Thanks for that - I know, I need to remember it's going to take time to heal if at all. I just expected something after a couple of months but I think my skin is getting worse. I have just been reading about Psoria Gold on the IPL damage website - I think I might give it ago but I'm not sure if it's too late for that to help my skin - my skin started to deteriorate over a year ago. I feel for you being pregnant and having this skin issue to deal with. I have a six month old baby and my skin issue is ruining my experience as a mum which makes the whole thing even harder to bear. My face looks like it's wasting away, I have lost fat in my cheeks and I have a naturally thin face anyway and couldn't afford to lose any. I feel absolutely depressed today about it all. There are so many of us with this same skin issue but dermatologists and doctors don't seem to have any good advice - makes it all the more confusing as to what to do for the best. I think I'll try the Psoria Gold if they deliver to NZ. Thanks for letting me know about it.
Kash
5% products discount

Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mew,

Just wanted to say that I ordered the Psoria Gold too. I hope it helps! Did you end up ordering it? Lets keep each other posted on our progress!
mew
5% products discount

Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Kash wrote:
Hi Mew,

Just wanted to say that I ordered the Psoria Gold too. I hope it helps! Did you end up ordering it? Lets keep each other posted on our progress!

Hi Kash
I emailed the Psoria Gold customer service to find out whether the creams could help my skin. Their customer service is amazing - I got a really long detailed email about the effects of lasers/peels etc which provided some understanding of what has happened to me. Yesterday I ordered the Psoria Gold Sensitive Breathable Moisture Gel. Which one did you get? Keep me updated with how your skin is doing and I'll do the same. Fingers crossed it works!
Kash
5% products discount

Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Mew!

I ordered the classic one for faces but am worried of how the alcohol will affect my skin. Hopefully it won't be too bad. That's awesome that they emailed you that long email. I might email them too just to make sure it's safe during pregnancy, which I'm sure it is, but maybe I'll get a long explanation too! Yes let's keep our fingers crossed!
Kash
5% products discount

Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Mew,

Would you mind giving me a summary of what the email from Psoria Gold said about laser/chemical damage. I got a response but it only discussed use during pregnancy.

Thanks!
Katie
mew
5% products discount

Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Kash wrote:
Hey Mew,

Would you mind giving me a summary of what the email from Psoria Gold said about laser/chemical damage. I got a response but it only discussed use during pregnancy.

Thanks!
Katie

Hi there, this is what the lady at the Psoria Gold customer services wrote:-

Let me explain to you what happens under the skin after a chemical peel, or laser procedure, and also how topically applied curcumin works to give you a better idea of how our product can help your skin. Anytime you do a procedure that causes the skin to inflame, peel, shed the top layers, or expose it to heat or laser, your skin becomes injured. The purpose is to force the dead layers to shed prematurely in order to reveal newer healthier skin underneath. There are a number of factors that contribute to whether you have success with the procedure such as genetics, condition of your skin prior to the procedure, the nature of the procedure itself, as well as how well it was administered, etc. In any case, they are all injurious to the in skin. Anytime your skin is injured, an enzyme called phosphorylase kinase is released 5 minutes after injury. This enzyme is responsible for initiating the inflammatory response which can result in inflammation, pain, redness, scarring, hyperpigmentation, hypopigmentation, loss of elasticity, and sometimes textural changes.

Curcumin gel is a phosphorylase kinase inhibitor. It blocks the enzyme that initiates the inflammatory response and prevents the skin from reacting to the injury. Curcumin is also a "selective" molecule in that it binds to the injured cells, while leaving the healthy cells alone. Over time, as the elevated levels of ph-K enzyme decrease, so does the percentage of damaged cells vs healthy cells. Eventually there will be only healthy cells, in which your skin will normalize. Curcumin is the only phosphorylase kinase inhibitor that we know of, as well as one of the only anti-inflammatory that does not have the side effects of prescription anti-inflammatory such as cortisone and topical steroids.

So the key to improving the texture of the skin is blocking the release of ph-K, which occurs even months after initial injury. Once we do that, we can allow your skin to heal normally without the textural changes and loss of elasticity. At times, the "volume" of the skin may appear to have reduced. The reason for this is elevated levels of ph-K result in loss of collagen (and inability to retain moisture resulting in loss of volume). You cannot apply a cream containing collagen, your skin will not retain it. The only way to improve your skin's collagen levels is to reduce the levels of the ph-K enzyme.

As far as the larger pores, that is due to both inflammation of the pore opening, causing the pores to swell and appear larger. This will improve over time as long there are aren't other factors contributing to the swelling such as sebaceous hyperplasia which is swelling of the pores due to lactose intolerance and/or over production of oil due to stress, alcohol, and hormonal changes.
[/size]

I received my order today. Have you started using it yet? Was it a chemical peel that caused your skin to change? How long ago did it happen?

Mew
Kash
5% products discount

Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:19 am      Reply with quote
Hey Mew,

Thanks so much for sharing that! It makes complete sense. My skin texture changes started happening after a combination of exfoliating products, chemical peels being one of them. I was very harsh on my skin for a period of about a month because I was trying to prevent any breakouts but only made everything way worse! It's been about 5 1/2 months now since I did all of that.

I have actually been using the Psoria Gold Classic for 3 days now. So far so good. It seems to have helped calm my skin a bit but makes my skin feel a bit drier. I am hoping over time it helps strengthen my thinned out skin and improve my orange peel texture and crepey lines on my face. Ugh!

Let me know how things go for you! I hope the products really will help us!
mew
5% products discount

Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Kash wrote:
Hey Mew,

Thanks so much for sharing that! It makes complete sense. My skin texture changes started happening after a combination of exfoliating products, chemical peels being one of them. I was very harsh on my skin for a period of about a month because I was trying to prevent any breakouts but only made everything way worse! It's been about 5 1/2 months now since I did all of that.

I have actually been using the Psoria Gold Classic for 3 days now. So far so good. It seems to have helped calm my skin a bit but makes my skin feel a bit drier. I am hoping over time it helps strengthen my thinned out skin and improve my orange peel texture and crepey lines on my face. Ugh!

I really hope so!! You can use moisturiser on your skin onece the Psoria Gold has dried - I did because my skin felt too dry without it. Yesterday when I was Googling Dr Heng who created Psoria Gold I found that you can email her about skin problems - so I did! And she replied the same day and asked me to send photos of my skin. I thought that was pretty amazing. If she comes back with any helpful info I will share it with you as we seem to have the same problem apart from that I don't have rosacea. Or if you want to email her, this is the email address madaleneheng@aol.com.
mew
5% products discount

Wed May 01, 2013 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
mew wrote:
Kash wrote:
Hey Mew,

I really hope so!! You can use moisturiser on your skin onece the Psoria Gold has dried - I did because my skin felt too dry without it. Yesterday when I was Googling Dr Heng who created Psoria Gold I found that you can email her about skin problems - so I did! And she replied the same day and asked me to send photos of my skin. I thought that was pretty amazing. If she comes back with any helpful info I will share it with you as we seem to have the same problem apart from that I don't have rosacea. Or if you want to email her, this is the email address madaleneheng@aol.com.

Hi again, I got a reply from Dr Heng this morning. She said that in addition to laser damage I also have "Sebaceous hyperplasia". I thought I'd share what Dr Heng said about this because anyone with large pores may also have the same problem. This is what Dr Heng said about it:
"The sebaceous hyperplasia ( i.e. overgrowth of oil glands) has the appearance of large pores (follicles) surrounded by yellowish oil glands. These stick out like pebbles embedded in mud. The "mud" (tissues around the oil glands) are more easily damaged by the laser therapy than the oil glands themselves - the resulting scarring causes shrinkage of the "mud", causing the "pebbles" (oil glands) to stick out,
Sebaceous hyperplasia (overgrowth of oil glands) is mainly due to lactose intolerance. Since human milk contain galactose and not lactose (meant for cows), humans essentially lose their ability to digest lactose after the age of 5 years because of loss of lactase secreted by the intestines. The undigested lactose spills into the colon and increases the osmotic pressure in the colon. This kills off the colonic bacteria, which release LPS (lipopolysaccharides) from their cell membranes. LPS is a superantigen (like poison oak) and stimulate the colonic inflammatory cells to make large amounts of cytokines (TNFalpha - which makes you photosensitive, and cause rosacea and a greater tendency to sun-damage and photoaging), and growth factors (transforming growth factor alpha or TGFalpha - which cause the oil glands to grow, resulting in sebaceous hyperplasia."

Dr Heng says a lactose free diet can help shrink the oil glands and in turn the pores will appear smaller. I'm going to give it a go. I will miss milk in my coffee but it'll be worth it is I can shrink these nasty pores!
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 01, 2013 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
wow..that's quite a heavy-duty medical synopsis --
i don't have large pores, or any skin conditions or damages, but i wonder, based on
this dr's rec, whether the caution includes eliminating yogurt from one's diet. I just luv yogurt alot
Kash
5% products discount

Thu May 02, 2013 1:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mew!

Thanks for sharing the info from Dr. Heng! i've read a lot about dairy causing enlarged pores and its also known to promote inflammation so I've tried to limit my intake to help with my rosacea. It is hard, especially when I am craving ice cream! I have not been doing a good job of it though so maybe I should try a little harder Smile Did you look up sebaceous hyperplasia on the internet? Does it look similar to what you have? Its hard to tell on my skin because it looks like there is some kind of excess tissue growth (or something) happening around my pores but it doesn't look like the pics on the internet. Its weird because my skin doesn't really feel too bumpy but looks that way in the mirror.

I am contemplating on emailing Dr. Heng too. I wanted to make sure I am using the right version of Psoria Gold or if the Ultra would be more beneficial. It is just so expensive! I'll probably send her some pics too. My face is just constantly inflamed from the rosacea so I don't know how that is affecting my texture and the ability for my skin to heal. Though pregnancy hormones may be playing a part in my rosacea too Confused

Anyway, how are things going so far with the Psoria Gold for you? Are you using the moisturizing gel or the one like I am using? I am still not experiencing any problems and the dryness seems to be a bit less and I think my skin is feeling a tad bit softer. Its frustrating though that it is supposed to take a few months for results...
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 02, 2013 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I used Retin A with OBagi product Nuderm. So I never used it as stand alone. Why do you use this for? What Retin A does?? I was using this for Nuderm product required this Retin A.
mew
5% products discount

Fri May 03, 2013 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
Kash wrote:
Hi Mew!

Thanks for sharing the info from Dr. Heng! i've read a lot about dairy causing enlarged pores and its also known to promote inflammation so I've tried to limit my intake to help with my rosacea. It is hard, especially when I am craving ice cream! I have not been doing a good job of it though so maybe I should try a little harder Smile Did you look up sebaceous hyperplasia on the internet? Does it look similar to what you have? Its hard to tell on my skin because it looks like there is some kind of excess tissue growth (or something) happening around my pores but it doesn't look like the pics on the internet. Its weird because my skin doesn't really feel too bumpy but looks that way in the mirror.

I am contemplating on emailing Dr. Heng too. I wanted to make sure I am using the right version of Psoria Gold or if the Ultra would be more beneficial. It is just so expensive! I'll probably send her some pics too. My face is just constantly inflamed from the rosacea so I don't know how that is affecting my texture and the ability for my skin to heal. Though pregnancy hormones may be playing a part in my rosacea too Confused

Anyway, how are things going so far with the Psoria Gold for you? Are you using the moisturizing gel or the one like I am using? I am still not experiencing any problems and the dryness seems to be a bit less and I think my skin is feeling a tad bit softer. Its frustrating though that it is supposed to take a few months for results...

Hi Kash, I just had a look at some of the photos of sebaceous hyperplasia online - my skin doesn't look like the pictures I've seen. My skin isn't bumpy or spotty at all, in fact it's very smooth to touch but all my pores are visible and some are huge and look more like holes. Some are starting to look like scars I think. I never had visible pores prior to IPL so I don't really know if I'm lactose intolerant but I'll give up the dairy just to see if it helps. I wonder if there are various degrees of sebaceous hyperplasia, don't know.

Your hormones might be involved in your skin problems too, mine probably are as I had a baby six months ago and it can take a while for them to go back to normal. Seems like there are so many variables! Sigh, I just wish I would wake up tomorrow and have normal skin again. The anxiety this is causing isn't helping my skin either, got to try and relax!!!

I'm using the psoria gold moisturising gel for sensitive skin but I should've waited til I heard from Dr Heng - she told me to use the ultra for face so I'm going to order that soon. It's good to hear your face is feeling softer after using the cream for only a little while - it's promising. Yes I've read it can take up to six months to see good results - such a long time but I'll be so happy if it works even if it takes that long!
Kash
5% products discount

Tue May 07, 2013 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Hey Mew,

Just wanted to let you know that I got a response from Dr. Heng. She thinks I have chemical peel inflammation which can cause scarring and sebaceous hyperplasia too. I got pretty much the same info as you. I am going to order the Ultra in hopes that it helps some.

Lately I have been seeing what appears to be excess tissue growing or scarring so hopefully this will help stop the progression. I have so far noticed a reduction in my facial swelling but my face has been feeling a bit tight even with moisturizer.

How are things going for you? Is the Psoria Gold helping any? Did you order the Ultra?
mew
5% products discount

Tue May 07, 2013 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Kash wrote:
Hey Mew,

Just wanted to let you know that I got a response from Dr. Heng. She thinks I have chemical peel inflammation which can cause scarring and sebaceous hyperplasia too. I got pretty much the same info as you. I am going to order the Ultra in hopes that it helps some.

Lately I have been seeing what appears to be excess tissue growing or scarring so hopefully this will help stop the progression. I have so far noticed a reduction in my facial swelling but my face has been feeling a bit tight even with moisturizer.

How are things going for you? Is the Psoria Gold helping any? Did you order the Ultra?

Hi Kash
It's a good sign that your swelling has gone down some. When you had your peel did you get burns from it? Sorry to hear you are noticing tissue growth or scarring. Hopefully the psoria gold will prevent it getting worse and heal it as you've caught it early.
I decided to order the classic in the end rather than the ultra - just because of the cost and the classic sounds pretty good, maybe not as strong as the ultra but the photos of sundamaged that Dr Heng sent through showed a lot of improvement with the classic. My order should arrive in about 10 days, in the meantime I'm using the sensitive moisturising gel plus they sent me a small sample of the sensitive ultra so I've been using that too - I think it has only been a week or two since I started it - too early to see any difference. I have started the lactose free diet - not too difficult as I found full cream milk that doesn't contain lactose and it tastes great.

Did Dr Heng say anything about the fine lines/crepey skin? For me this is the worst thing about my skin as it looks so old - I read in one of the articles Dr Heng sent that psoria gold can reduce appearance of wrinkles and thicken thin skin - hope this happens for me!

Do you put the cream under your eyes?
Kash
5% products discount

Thu May 09, 2013 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
mew wrote:
Kash wrote:
Hey Mew,

Hi Kash
It's a good sign that your swelling has gone down some. When you had your peel did you get burns from it? Sorry to hear you are noticing tissue growth or scarring. Hopefully the psoria gold will prevent it getting worse and heal it as you've caught it early.
I decided to order the classic in the end rather than the ultra - just because of the cost and the classic sounds pretty good, maybe not as strong as the ultra but the photos of sundamaged that Dr Heng sent through showed a lot of improvement with the classic. My order should arrive in about 10 days, in the meantime I'm using the sensitive moisturising gel plus they sent me a small sample of the sensitive ultra so I've been using that too - I think it has only been a week or two since I started it - too early to see any difference. I have started the lactose free diet - not too difficult as I found full cream milk that doesn't contain lactose and it tastes great.

Did Dr Heng say anything about the fine lines/crepey skin? For me this is the worst thing about my skin as it looks so old - I read in one of the articles Dr Heng sent that psoria gold can reduce appearance of wrinkles and thicken thin skin - hope this happens for me!

Hey Mew,

No I never really thought I got burned from the peels. My face would turn red for about an hour or two after but then would go down. So that's why I'm so confused by all of this. I think my skin was just already compromised by using other exfoliating products and using the peels just made everything worse. Maybe it's the inflammation that has been causing what looks like scarring? Did you get burned from the ipl at all?

I've gotten off dairy too. It's has been tough but I've been drinking almond milk which I actually like more than milk!

She didn't say anything about the crepey lines- she pretty much gave me similar info that she gave you. I'm wondering if it has to do with our skin being dehydrated and destroyed collagen/elastin? Or I was also thinking in my case, since my skin swells often, maybe it has to do with that because when the swelling goes down my texture looks more crepey and I have more lines. Does your skin feel tight at all? I just feel like my skin has been stretched over my bones and have lost all my volume in my face. Does your skin kinda sag too? It's just been so frustrating to understand what is happening and how much worse it could get.

In terms of eye cream, I'm not using anything special. My eyelids have started drooping a bit and not sure how to fix it. All I keep thinking is that I'll have to get fillers in the future. Was using emu oil for awhile and now I'm putting on a Paula's Choice moisturizer around my eyes. I've just been having a hard time sticking to one moisturizer. I've been using Cerave cream on my face but I think it might be making my pores worse and causing some breakouts. Thinking about trying the sample of Psoria Gold moisturizer but worried about my skin reacting- are you liking that?

Anyway, I really hope we get to figure this all out so we can get back to what really matters in life! I'm so sick of wasting my time on my skin!
electricboom
5% products discount

Fri May 10, 2013 7:05 am      Reply with quote
I had the same thing happen to me, and after a year and 5 months my skin is looking much better...it takes a long time unfortunately...but it does get better! Be gentle...I use only raw honey to cleanse and have used various oils from emu, grapeseed, argan to hydrate..and the same vitamins skin deep mentioned on this forum. What I really noticed to help me was Skinceuticals hydrating b5 Gel..it contains hyularonic acid and i wear it under my moisturizer with spf during the day and alone at night. Hope this helps. Don't loose help, harder said than done...i know. I was in a very deep depression when this was happening with me. Have a close group of friends/family to support you!
AncoraImparo
5% products discount

Fri May 10, 2013 10:33 am      Reply with quote
So after a lot of research and consulting dermatologists both online and visiting offices, I want to share what I learned. Overall, the biggest main cause of the horrible skin texture and wide open pores is due to sun damage. The sun damage causes an alteration or termination of collagen, which causes bad skin texture. Retin-A (or any type of topical retinoid) causes a huge increase in skin sensitivity to the sun. I believe my pores were because of putting on sunscreen lackadaisically. I didn't want to put too much on due to the greasy feeling. I'm only 16 so I know this wont be permanent, but it's been a nightmare. After putting on sunscreen as a daily habit, taking primrose oil and fish oil, drinking V8 for its vitamins as improved my skin. Although I haven't fully recovered, I know it's improving - slowly but surely. Also be sure to drink ALOT of water.
Kash
5% products discount

Sat May 11, 2013 12:23 am      Reply with quote
electricboom wrote:
I had the same thing happen to me, and after a year and 5 months my skin is looking much better...it takes a long time unfortunately...but it does get better! Be gentle...I use only raw honey to cleanse and have used various oils from emu, grapeseed, argan to hydrate..and the same vitamins skin deep mentioned on this forum. What I really noticed to help me was Skinceuticals hydrating b5 Gel..it contains hyularonic acid and i wear it under my moisturizer with spf during the day and alone at night. Hope this helps. Don't loose help, harder said than done...i know. I was in a very deep depression when this was happening with me. Have a close group of friends/family to support you!

Electricboom,

I have followed your earlier posts and I am so happy you found some healing! I love hearing stories with positive outcomes. I keep hoping for the day that I can say I've had some healing but so far, at 6 months out, things seem to be worse with my texture. But between the chemical peels, rosacea and pregnancy, who knows what is affecting what! Just been trying to be gentle and just started Psoria Gold so I won't give up hope yet.

Thanks for updating on your healing and I hope it keeps getting better for you!
CaryBear
5% products discount

Sat May 11, 2013 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it caused melasma, and will do that to some people with olive skin who have tanned a lot in the past. A tan is actually scar tissue, Retin A pulls that pigmented tissue to the surface. What's worse, if one uses HQ to reverse the melasma, it can cause a split in the dermal and epidermal layer causing some of the hyper-pigmented cells to "drop down" into the deeper layers of skin resulting in dermal melasma. Very very hard to treat it at all.

Retin A also caused hair loss for me. I saw my dermatologist 2 mos after starting because of the melasma and he saw my hair was much thinner. He advised me to stop the retin a right away.
My message to you...if it looks like something is going wrong don't attempt to "power thru it" you may be causing irreversible harm.
I expect to get some nasty, defensive replies. Keep in mind everyone's experience is different and all are entitled in the forum to their opinion.
Thank you.
mew
5% products discount

Mon May 13, 2013 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Kash wrote:
mew wrote:
Kash wrote:
Hey Mew,

Hi Kash

Hey Mew,

No I never really thought I got burned from the peels. My face would turn red for about an hour or two after but then would go down. So that's why I'm so confused by all of this. I think my skin was just already compromised by using other exfoliating products and using the peels just made everything worse. Maybe it's the inflammation that has been causing what looks like scarring? Did you get burned from the ipl at all?

I've gotten off dairy too. It's has been tough but I've been drinking almond milk which I actually like more than milk!

She didn't say anything about the crepey lines- she pretty much gave me similar info that she gave you. I'm wondering if it has to do with our skin being dehydrated and destroyed collagen/elastin? Or I was also thinking in my case, since my skin swells often, maybe it has to do with that because when the swelling goes down my texture looks more crepey and I have more lines. Does your skin feel tight at all? I just feel like my skin has been stretched over my bones and have lost all my volume in my face. Does your skin kinda sag too? It's just been so frustrating to understand what is happening and how much worse it could get.

In terms of eye cream, I'm not using anything special. My eyelids have started drooping a bit and not sure how to fix it. All I keep thinking is that I'll have to get fillers in the future. Was using emu oil for awhile and now I'm putting on a Paula's Choice moisturizer around my eyes. I've just been having a hard time sticking to one moisturizer. I've been using Cerave cream on my face but I think it might be making my pores worse and causing some breakouts. Thinking about trying the sample of Psoria Gold moisturizer but worried about my skin reacting- are you liking that?

Anyway, I really hope we get to figure this all out so we can get back to what really matters in life! I'm so sick of wasting my time on my skin!

Hi Kash
No I didn't get burnt from the one IPL I had and when my skin started changing a couple of months after I didn't even think it was due to IPL until recently when I started searching for answers. Like you, my skin felt tight - it was dry and tight for a while and then changed to oily and tight but for the last couple of months I have been following Skindeep's routine (detailed in earlier posts) of using rosewater, Cerave PM moisturiser and sunscreen and taking the supplements and hemp seed oil that she used. The difference I've noticed since starting this is that my skin isn't tight anymore and it doesn't look as dull and lifeless. I got the psoria gold classic yesterday and I'm going to apply it after the rosewater and then use Cerave over the top. When I first started using Cerave I got a few spots but after a couple of weeks my skin adjusted to it and now I find it really moisturising. If your skin needs extra moisturising I would try adding a few drops of Jojoba oil to your moisturiser - it makes the skin feel really soft.

I didn't really like the psoria gold moisturising gel because it wasn't moisturising enough for me.

Yes the skin on my cheeks sags a bit where I've lost volume. It's just horrible Crying or Very sad
Have you heard of Osmosis skin care? I've just recently heard about it from a friend and it sounds amazing because it claims to repair skin at DNA level. I'm really tempted to try it.
mew
5% products discount

Mon May 13, 2013 10:47 am      Reply with quote
electricboom wrote:

It's so encouraging to hear your skin is looking better, it gives me hope Smile
AncoraImparo
5% products discount

Wed May 15, 2013 10:12 am      Reply with quote
An update of my skin - I've been eating very healthy avoiding all junk food and getting my daily dose of vitamins A, C, and E. I've also been taking primrose oil and fish oil to repair my skin from within. I know it's scary but I've been avoiding using cleansers on my affected area which are my inner cheeks. I've seen improvement. Not 100% recovery but I'd say about 40%. I think the thing is to be patient. It's been 8 months since stopping retinoids and I'm at the age of 16. It may take over a year but it will get better
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |