Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: DDF Advanced Eye Firming Concentrate
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:25 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I have never rinsed it off, just patting it on and it soaks in. It is very hydrating that way.
I might try rinsing it off, but that certainly seems odd. I didn't even read that!

I see that as the recommendation on EDS store, really odd? However on DDF site it has the same usage:

Directions: Apply to skin with a massaging action. Rinse off with warm water.

http://www.ddfskincare.com/DDF-Advanced-Eye-Firming-Concentrate/00060748003695,default,pd.html?start=10&cgid=anti-aging-restorative&navid=anti-aging-restorative

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Did you guys also notice that right underneath the instructions on that site it says this:

Warnings: FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY. AS WITH ALL FACIAL CLEANSERS, AVOID CONTACT WITH EYES. IF PRODUCT GETS INTO EYES, RINSE THOROUGHLY WITH WATER. IF IRRITATION DEVELOPS, DISCONTINUE USE. IF IRRITATION PERSISTS, CONSULT A PHYSICIAN. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I put "CLEANSERS" in bold to point out that maybe they mixed up these how-to instructions with their cleanser. Confused

Here is what it says on the back of my DDF Advanced Eye Firming Concentrate sample tube:

Directons: Gently massage with fingertips under and over eye area. May be used day and night, with or without make-up.

Nothing about washing it off.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:46 am      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Did you guys also notice that right underneath the instructions on that site it says this:

Warnings: FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY. AS WITH ALL FACIAL CLEANSERS, AVOID CONTACT WITH EYES. IF PRODUCT GETS INTO EYES, RINSE THOROUGHLY WITH WATER. IF IRRITATION DEVELOPS, DISCONTINUE USE. IF IRRITATION PERSISTS, CONSULT A PHYSICIAN. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I put "CLEANSERS" in bold to point out that maybe they mixed up these how-to instructions with their cleanser. Confused

Here is what it says on the back of my DDF Advanced Eye Firming Concentrate sample tube:

Directons: Gently massage with fingertips under and over eye area. May be used day and night, with or without make-up.

Nothing about washing it off.

Those are the same instructions as I posted from Sephora, it seems there is a mix up somewhere for sure.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Yep, I think they mistakenly put the instructions for the cleanser on the eye cream page. I would not wash it off...money down the drain. Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:53 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for clearing that up for me, ladies! Very Happy

As much as I still love my Valmont Prime (was Contour) eye cream for it's hydrational properties, I'm still on my neverending search to find something that will actually address my other eye problems (fine lines, firming).

I was so tempted to try this - until I read the instructions on EDS about washing it off, which sounded rather counterproductive! Shock So I visited the DDF site to verify them and found that it advised the same thing. Sounds as though EDS have taken their info directly from the DDF site and that DDF themselves managed to mix them up. The instructions on the packaging sound much more sensible, thankfully.

You lot are so helpful! Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:03 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Thank you so much for clearing that up for me, ladies! Very Happy

As much as I still love my Valmont Prime (was Contour) eye cream for it's hydrational properties, I'm still on my neverending search to find something that will actually address my other eye problems (fine lines, firming).

I was so tempted to try this - until I read the instructions on EDS about washing it off, which sounded rather counterproductive! Shock So I visited the DDF site to verify them and found that it advised the same thing. Sounds as though EDS have taken their info directly from the DDF site and that DDF themselves managed to mix them up. The instructions on the packaging sound much more sensible, thankfully.

You lot are so helpful! Very Happy

I just took it straight ti the horse's mouth and submitted an email on the DDF site asking them about the strange instructions on their and EDS sites. Hopefully they will correct the rinse off instructions! Smile

I will let you all know what I receive back from them in email.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:59 am      Reply with quote
You and I think alike Dark Moon, sent them an email as well. I talked to my Sephora CS rep and she said to follow the instructions on the back of my container, which is what I have been doing all along.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:22 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
You and I think alike Dark Moon, sent them an email as well. I talked to my Sephora CS rep and she said to follow the instructions on the back of my container, which is what I have been doing all along.

That is funny Annie, I tend to go to the source. I would hope that they and EDS will correct the usage instructions it certainly makes no sense to rinse of an eye cream, and one that is not inexpensive to boot! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Surprise, surprise...check out the how-to apply on their cleanser:

http://www.ddfskincare.com/DDF-Advanced-Micro-Exfoliation-Cleanser/00060748003671,default,pd.html?start=3&q=cleanser&navid=search

Directions: Apply to skin with a massaging action. Rinse off with warm water.

Exact same how-to for their eye cream. Laughing Someone in editing is not doing their job.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I just received my sample tube, so I will check back once I give it for a spin.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
I just received my sample tube, so I will check back once I give it for a spin.

It has been 3 1/2 days and no email back, my thought is the instructions from Sephora are correct as that is also on the box, no rinsing! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:56 am      Reply with quote
No, I have not heard back yet either!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:03 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
No, I have not heard back yet either!

DDF is owned by P&G so in a way I am not that surprised, large companies with so many subsidiaries? Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:08 am      Reply with quote
It took a while but I did get an email from DDF:

Thanks for contacting DDF,

The proper use for the DDF Restoratives Advanced Eye Firming Concentrate is to
apply to the skin around the eyes in a massaging action. Please be assured that
I will report this to the appropriate person to get that information corrected.

Thank you for writing

Juanita
DDF Team

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for aking, Darkmoon. I'm surprised no one else noticed this and reported it to them. But then, who knows how long the directions have been up there?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Thanks for aking, Darkmoon. I'm surprised no one else noticed this an reported it to them. But then, who knows how long the directions have been up there?

Now I need to log in to EDS store and send them a copy, Public Service! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I never did get my email back but it sounds like the mystery is cleared up. That made the most since and that is how I had been using it but it never hurts to double check.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:39 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I never did get my email back but it sounds like the mystery is cleared up. That made the most since and that is how I had been using it but it never hurts to double check.

I am just glad for all who might only see what is on the site that they intend to change the instructions. It makes sense for DDF as well at that price many customers might be turned off by the thought of washing it down the drain? Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
After reading about the mixup in the instructions on DDF eye cream, I am so glad I am one of those people who don't read instructions! LOL Anyhow I tried the eye cream for the first time last night and again this morning. I can't really tell yet if anything is happening.

Annie, how many days would you say before you noticed anything happening on yourself vs your husband?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:01 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

I am just glad for all who might only see what is on the site that they intend to change the instructions. It makes sense for DDF as well at that price many customers might be turned off by the thought of washing it down the drain? Smile

It certainly put me off when I read about the washing off! I shall very likely try it now that you've kindly verified the correct instructions.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:28 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

It certainly put me off when I read about the washing off! I shall very likely try it now that you've kindly verified the correct instructions.

Thanks majorb,

I am glad it is all cleared up now, those instructions were very off obviously. Smile

I also sent a copy of the email to EDS hoping they will also correct the instructions on the store site.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:35 am      Reply with quote
For me it was pretty instantaneous but after an upper and lower bleph a few years ago, my needs are more towards hydration. For the hubby, his lower bags diminished slightly as soon as he put it on.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:59 am      Reply with quote
ESD was quick to respond about the instruction mix up, copy of the email I received:

We appreciate you bringing to our attention that we have the incorrect usage on
our website. We fix it.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/ddf-advanced-eye-firming-p_10983.htm

Thank you again for your email.

Sincerely,

Mari
Essential Day Spa www.essentialdayspa.com

YAY..... Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:01 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
For me it was pretty instantaneous but after an upper and lower bleph a few years ago, my needs are more towards hydration. For the hubby, his lower bags diminished slightly as soon as he put it on.

Annie what would be your take on this being used on the lid? Wishful thinking on my part? Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:56 am      Reply with quote
I use it on my upper eye lids. I still have fine lines, just not the excess skin any more.
And the hubby won't use it daily, doesn't like anything tho get in his eyes. Fine by me, this stuff is a little pricey!
If I had not had the sample and a voucehr not sure I would have pulled the trigger, but I am glad I did now. A little also goes a long way and it is a nice size tub.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |