Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: DDF Advanced Eye Firming Concentrate
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:03 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I use it on my upper eye lids. I still have fine lines, just not the excess skin any more.
And the hubby won't use it daily, doesn't like anything tho get in his eyes. Fine by me, this stuff is a little pricey!
If I had not had the sample and a voucehr not sure I would have pulled the trigger, but I am glad I did now. A little also goes a long way and it is a nice size tub.

Thanks Annie,

One last question, no irritation to your eyes, and does it have strong fragrance? (my nemesis)

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I don't feel that it has a fragrance when I use it; although, some people say it does. Also, I didn't have any irritation from it either.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:46 am      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
I don't feel that it has a fragrance when I use it; although, some people say it does. Also, I didn't have any irritation from it either.

Thanks sandooch,

I may have to try a sample, my eyes are so reactive. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:20 am      Reply with quote
No noticeable odor at all, and strong fragrances put me off as well.
There is also no migration or irritation, even when I work out or outside working up a sweat!
I think the samples are always the way to go. Can't tell you how many eye cream samples I went thru before pulling the trigger on this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:30 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
No noticeable odor at all, and strong fragrances put me off as well.
There is also no migration or irritation, even when I work out or outside working up a sweat!
I think the samples are always the way to go. Can't tell you how many eye cream samples I went thru before pulling the trigger on this.

Thanks again Annie,

I agree I went through a stage where I bought not just eye creams but face creams that had my eyes tearing horribly. I just used them on cuticles or body instead. I will try to get a sample of this one, it is pricey but if it works (on me) it is worth every penny!
Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried this DDF eye cream for about a week now, and I can tell that it is helping with my puffiness a bit. If I wake up late, I tend to have puffiness from the corner of my eyes down along the tear troughs. After applying this DDF eye cream, the puffiness decreased about 50%. I like this eye cream because it does not make my eyes look crepey which is always a good thing. It seems to hydrate the eye area well as well. That's my opinion as of now. It may change as I continue to use the sample though. Sometimes I find I like something at first, and as time goes by, I end up changing my mind as it seems the results aren't consistent over a long period.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Exactly, the crepiness goes away!
It did help reduce my hubby's puffiness but I haven't been able to put it on him since.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I broke down and placed an order with EDS for a few goodies I have been eyeing, I requested samples of the DDF eye concentrate, so hopefully I can give it a try. I will let you all know what I think if I do get the samples. Very Happy

Fingers crossed no irritation! Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I just got a sample from sephora. I'm mainly looking for help with fine lines and dehydration.
Lou

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
Loumomofthree wrote:
I just got a sample from sephora. I'm mainly looking for help with fine lines and dehydration.
Lou

I am praying for something that does not irritate my eyes, and hopefully I can use on the upper lid! I will report on how hydrating I find it if I get some samples. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:29 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

I am praying for something that does not irritate my eyes, and hopefully I can use on the upper lid! I will report on how hydrating I find it if I get some samples. Very Happy

Looking forward to hearing your feedback, DM. Hydration is a particular concern of mine.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:36 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Looking forward to hearing your feedback, DM. Hydration is a particular concern of mine.

Thanks majorb,

I am keeping fingers crossed that samples are available for my EDS order! I will be sure to post how I find the DDF to be if I get to try it! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:43 am      Reply with quote
If not, is there a Sephora you can pop into nearby?
I would not have bought it myself w/o trying a sample. Everyone responds so differently to a product that even if I read several raves, I still want to try it out first. Especially if it is pricey! But having really sensitive skin makes it worse.
I do use it on my upper eyelid and I don't have any migration problems. It does seem to soak in pretty fast and isn't a greasy/lingering feeling.
If I wait too long to put my eye primer/concealer on (say 2 or more hours), it is alredy getting too dry to brush over/blend.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
After reading this post I got a sample of the eye concentrate from Sephora. I have been using it for 20 days without seen any improvement in the puffiness and fine lines around my eyes. They seem to be more hydrated, that is all!!!When I use my moisturizer around my eyes I get the same result!!! Confused
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Cordeliz, unfortunately, I'm feeling the same way about this eye cream. I've actually been testing it on one eye and another on the right (see siggy) for almost 7 weeks. I have not noticed either eye cream doing anthing to help tighten my lids or reduce crepiness/fine lines. It still may be too early too tell. I will keep this test up until my DDF sample is gone and report back with any results.

I am happy that it's working for some people here though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:44 am      Reply with quote
The hydration was the main benefit, although I did have fine line tightening underneath.
Unfortunately I am not the best candidate for any results more than that due to the upper and lower bleph, so I am really glad there are some here who are putting it to the real test!
I tried it on poor hubby with his lower eye bags, but there isn't really anything strong enough for those, other than surgery.
For the money, hard to say. But I had a $50.00 voucher to use for mine, which made it about the same cost as my Bobbie Brown eye cream, which was my long time fave. Hydratation is a big problem for me, which is why I do love this cream. Nothing seems to hydrate and last long enough and the dryness shows the lines.
You just use a little dab and it smooths on pretty good without leaving it too greasy with mascara. I still have so much left, and it really does go a long way!
Thanks everyone for helping put it to the test. Nothing I hate more than a product that does not live up to the expectations, especially when it is an expensive one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:54 am      Reply with quote
I am still waiting to see if I get samples with my order! (it did ship).

If I do I have no dry skin issues around my eyes, but I will know if the DDF is moisturizing or not based on texture of the product. I actually don't like anything to heavy in an eye cream.

I will report if I get the samples! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Sad to report no DDF samples in my EDS order, so when I get a chance to head to Sephora (I hate the malls). I will see if I can get some from them!
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

5% products discount

Sun May 06, 2012 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Sad to report no DDF samples in my EDS order, so when I get a chance to head to Sephora (I hate the malls). I will see if I can get some from them!

Wating for your report.Thanks anyway.
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2012 10:45 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

I am starting to think I may have similar issues with eye creams.
I'm currently using NIA24 eye cream and Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Acid eye cream, plus an SPF during the day, but they all seem to get my eye teary, bloodshot, and the skin around them red Sad
So, if you find an eye cream that works for you, please do share!!!
Thank you!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Boy I know my skin is sensitve but that is tough! I find I have to not put any eye creams up next to the eye in order to avoid the dreaded migration myself.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 10:38 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Boy I know my skin is sensitve but that is tough! I find I have to not put any eye creams up next to the eye in order to avoid the dreaded migration myself.

I applied less eye cream last night, and this morning I woke up with dried up tears/residue around my eyes, bloodshot, and skin red around the eye area, again!
Moreover, ever since I started using NIA24 eye cream and the Hyaluronic Acid eye cream from Mario Badescu, the veins around my eyes are more prominent, to the point where I thought (and still wonder) if I may have broken capillaries while massaging the eye creams in... (at my last facial, the aesthetician told d me I should press towards the inner corner of my eye in order to flush the lymph nodes, and only glide outward... I also tap lightly...)
This confuses me, because I thought HA is supposed to help thicken the skin!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 10:42 am      Reply with quote
fitgineer wrote:
AnnieR wrote:

I applied less eye cream last night, and this morning I woke up with dried up tears/residue around my eyes, bloodshot, and skin red around the eye area, again!
Moreover, ever since I started using NIA24 eye cream and the Hyaluronic Acid eye cream from Mario Badescu, the veins around my eyes are more prominent, to the point where I thought (and still wonder) if I may have broken capillaries while massaging the eye creams in... (at my last facial, the aesthetician told d me I should press towards the inner corner of my eye in order to flush the lymph nodes, and only glide outward... I also tap lightly...)

HA can work both ways if you are dry and in a dry climate it will pull moisture from your skin to it, if you are hydrated (skin) and in a moist climate it will pull moisture from the air or other products to the skin!
It can be a Catch 22!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 10:50 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
fitgineer wrote:
AnnieR wrote:

HA can work both ways if you are dry and in a dry climate it will pull moisture from your skin to it, if you are hydrated (skin) and in a moist climate it will pull moisture from the air or other products to the skin!
It can be a Catch 22!

I'm a dry, hot climate (Arizona) and the skin around my eyes has been looking very crepey, dry and sensitive lately... probably because of the Neutrogena Naturals face wash I've been using, and who knows what else I allow to get on that area when I shower! I noticed the MB Vitamin C serum doesn't bother me and it seems to moisten the skin around my eyes... but HA... I had no idea! So if it's pulling the water from the skin to itself, while it's on the skin, the skin will look falsely hydrated?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2012 11:18 am      Reply with quote
fitgineer,

What I am trying to get across (maybe not well) is if you are using HA to help hydrate the skin make sure it is applied over dampened skin, you can use distilled water, tap water (if comfortable) or a hydrosol before applying.

If applied on skin that is dry and no moisture has been added first (especially in arid conditions) it will suck moisture out of the skin and make the dryness look even more prominent!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |