Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Canadians ordering from Janson-Beckett or others in US??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Hello!
I am thinking about ordering directly from the company but I am concerned about the costs associated with it coming over the border Sad Any stories, good or bad? I have no idea what to expect in terms of extra costs Shock or the length of time I should expect to wait for it to arrive!
Many thanks! Very Happy
Pudoodles in Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Magda

Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Up to my knowledge you will have to pay GST , PST and Customs Broker charges. Delivery time should not be a concern and even with regular mail it should not take more than 6-8 business days.

Would you let us in on your secret why you are so determined to order from USA being in Ontario?

Ordering in Canada (and outside of Ontario) would save you on PST tax and brockage charges.
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
i always have that concern too...i've been lucky enough to go through periods of no charges on items coming from the states, then then i'll suddenly start getting charged for (what seems like) everything.

for janson-beckett, i've ordered from goldport beauty + the customs form was filled out as a gift w. values that are way below what i actually paid so i wasn't charged customs.

if you are charged, then yes, there is the brokerage fee and gst+pst.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Magda wrote:
Up to my knowledge you will have to pay GST , PST and Customs Broker charges. Delivery time should not be a concern and even with regular mail it should not take more than 6-8 business days.

Would you let us in on your secret why you are so determined to order from USA being in Ontario?

Ordering in Canada (and outside of Ontario) would save you on PST tax and brockage charges.

I am not at all determined to order from the US. I am on the market for some JB stuff for my mom and sister and, given the extraordinary on-site deals I thought I would explore it as an option. I have never purchased on-line outside of Canada - and quite frankly, prefer not to - I would MUCH prefer to shop inside the border! Very Happy
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
I only order from places that will mark as a gift if it's from outside canada.

I also order from victoria's secret b/c i can't buy their stuff here, and they don't sell their clothing in the stores that are somewhat near me.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really nervous about ordering from outside of Canada - maybe I'm being silly....I was SHOCKED when I stumbled over the ESD site...this is the most comprehensive shopping opportunity (in terms of treatment) that I've ever seen inside of Canada!!
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
I've ordered from Janson-Beckett and they were awesome in that they put $6 value and marked as a gift so I did not need to pay brokerage or any duty fees or anything!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Hello!
I am thinking about ordering directly from the company but I am concerned about the costs associated with it coming over the border Sad Any stories, good or bad? I have no idea what to expect in terms of extra costs Shock or the length of time I should expect to wait for it to arrive!
Many thanks! Very Happy
Pudoodles in Ottawa, Ontario Canada

I never knew about all the extra charges that Canadians could get when shopping from US companies. Shock EDS has lower prices on JB then the Janson-Beckett website. It just makes sense to shop directly from EDS. JB does have specials from time to time but the 4 oz. AlphaDerma from JB is 199.00. EDS is considerably lower. I certainly would not chance getting hit with extra charges.

Winnie
JB
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Shock I'm SO embarrassed!! Winnie -that's right! What was I thinking?!? It's $199 US dollars on the JB site!! I was thinking about the 3-pack deal...but that doesn't even make sense! Holy Smokes! Now I feel like a total dork! I wish I could delete this thread....... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Magda-can you delete this thread before I die of embarrassment?! Embarassed
Pudoodles (hiding under her desk...)
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
don't worry pudoodles, I ALWAYS make an ass out of myself.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Lianne!! Anxious When I realized what I was suggesting, and how ridiculous it was, I suddenly felt a big rush in my stomach (followed by that internal gasp!)...oh well,.. Rolling Eyes
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
at least you're not crying over your stupid accounting homework. Every Wednesday I try to do the homework and feel like a failure and beat myself up about it. I need a damn tutor I think...
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Shock Don't feel like a failure - that's craziness! (but I'm with you on the accounting....I'm definitely not geared for numbers..) Try to get a tutor if you can -- and when you feel lousy come on the Forum and we'll cheer you up .....or read some of those hilarious "HA capsule nose-growing stories"!!! from that lip-plumping thread! Laughing I actually laughed out loud when I read Lily's contribution! She was hilarious! Try not to feel too badly -- and don't cry.. Wink
Annie
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Shock I'm SO embarrassed!! Winnie -that's right! What was I thinking?!? It's $199 US dollars on the JB site!! I was thinking about the 3-pack deal...but that doesn't even make sense! Holy Smokes! Now I feel like a total dork! I wish I could delete this thread....... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Magda-can you delete this thread before I die of embarrassment?! Embarassed
Pudoodles (hiding under her desk...)

Don't feel foolish. I do the same thing. I never realized that you got hit with so many extra charges. Plus, when you order from EDS you always get some pretty nice goodies. Don't forget to ask for some samples. I love getting a package from EDS there are always some awesome surprises!!!!
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:47 am      Reply with quote
bugger - wish I'd thought to ask for samples Confused oh well I'm pleased with everything I've tried Very Happy
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:12 am      Reply with quote
I think that it's important to question about cross border shopping. We are able to get more & more products within Canada but alot is still only available in the States. I don't like paying the extra tax or duty but would gladly pay it if there weren't a 2 - 3 week (or more) wait for some parcels. It's ridiculous but it's a government thing so enough said Mad .
On subject the most consistently fast (so fast I need to remind myself when I ordered it) is the Esther's Secret/Kingsway Company. Service is five star. Janson Beckett is next - most often the same. They have their products to me usually within working 5 days. CellularSkinRX is normally really really fast too but I've been waiting 2 weeks for a parcel from them. I ordered some vitamins 3 weeks ago (unavailable but legal in Canada) & when I wrote to the company they said that some deliveries take up to 12 weeks. They didn't say that when I ordered Neutral .
As I said, alot more is available here but when you order from the USA sometimes it's a good thing to by-pass the mail system, upgrade from standard delivery or ask if you can go through UPS or Puralator - and hope that you don't get a broker's fee - I won't even go there!!!!
Anyway, I'm still glad to be a Canadian Laughing
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:02 am      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:
I think that it's important to question about cross border shopping. We are able to get more & more products within Canada but alot is still only available in the States. I don't like paying the extra tax or duty but would gladly pay it if there weren't a 2 - 3 week (or more) wait for some parcels. It's ridiculous but it's a government thing so enough said Mad .
On subject the most consistently fast (so fast I need to remind myself when I ordered it) is the Esther's Secret/Kingsway Company. Service is five star. Janson Beckett is next - most often the same. They have their products to me usually within working 5 days. CellularSkinRX is normally really really fast too but I've been waiting 2 weeks for a parcel from them. I ordered some vitamins 3 weeks ago (unavailable but legal in Canada) & when I wrote to the company they said that some deliveries take up to 12 weeks. They didn't say that when I ordered Neutral .
As I said, alot more is available here but when you order from the USA sometimes it's a good thing to by-pass the mail system, upgrade from standard delivery or ask if you can go through UPS or Puralator - and hope that you don't get a broker's fee - I won't even go there!!!!
Anyway, I'm still glad to be a Canadian Laughing

A lot of people have yet to see that they can buy AlphaDerma, Prep, Okusil and Cleanser right from EDS now. Hopefully more people will see that in the long list of products EDS carries and avoid fees when ordering.
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Up until reading this thread I had no idea you could buy JB products here at EDS. Not sure how I missed out on this one Confused .

Sherri
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I nearly missed it too on this site cause its not listed under Janson Beckett but under Alphaderma CE. Pity there is only 5 products to choose from. Do you think EDS would expand sometime in the future Winnie? The prices are great from EDS when you look at the size of the bottles they come in. Thanks EDS
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Cindi wrote:
I nearly missed it too on this site cause its not listed under Janson Beckett but under Alphaderma CE. Pity there is only 5 products to choose from. Do you think EDS would expand sometime in the future Winnie? The prices are great from EDS when you look at the size of the bottles they come in. Thanks EDS

EDS and Janson Beckett have nothing to do with me. I am a sales rep. on Cape Cod, MA. I have been a member of this forum since early July. In Nov. I started working for JB as a local sales rep. When the JB subject comes up I feel that I can respond as I am a faithful user of the AlphaDerma line.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |