Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Careprost: Could my lashes ever look like this?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
well age plays a big factor as well. Your daughter is young (i'm 27) so the cycle that my lashes grow is very fast. As you get older, your lashes (just like your skin and everything else) takes longer to regenerate itself. Cells don't turnover as fast as it used to. Lashes don't grow as fast as it used to, even with the help of agents like carepost/latisse/rapidlash, you will see dramatic results....but, you probably won't be able to achieve what your daughter has achieved because your daughter is younger.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Aww, shucks...I was afraid of that. Neutral
dagnolia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 28, and definitely had results within a month: my lashes began bumping against my glasses when I would blink! Had to start curling those buggers, as it seems they are not any curlier than they were before, just longer. I get the occasional lash now that gets weirdly x-long and straight and has to be pruned back.

I think I had a little bit of the skin darkening effect... hard to explain it, it's not permanent/not actual pigmentation and at this point only shows up the morning after I apply the solution. It's kind of like a dulled-down redness that makes my eyelid darker than normal. I think the stuff does irritate my skin slightly.

If I remember correctly, this stuff works by keeping lashes in the growth phase longer... it doesn't actually make them grow faster, nor can it stimulate more lashes to appear than you already have (though with continued use it might seem like you have more lashes, just because they're hanging in there longer than they normally would--the point is it doesn't activate new follicles or anything of the sort.) So to answer the OP's question, you'll almost certainly have longer lashes but may not get to what your daughter has because it looks like she has a greater number of individual lashes than you do.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks dagnolia. It certainly did seem that RapidLash gave me more lash but it probably was like you said that it just seems that way.

Been on Careprost not for almost 4 weeks and no change yet. Hopefully in the next 4 weeks something will happen.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:26 am      Reply with quote
The Rapid Lash contains (in addition to an analogue of the prostaglandin active in Careprost) copper peptides, b-vitamins, conditioners, proteins, & moisturizing ingredients... "building blocks" for lashes, right? If you still have some left, I don't see why it would hurt to use both if you're not using the careprost every day--use the Rapid Lash on the off days. Or look into something with the proteins & copper peptides but without the prostaglandin ingredient. Maybe you saw effects with RL because your skin/follicles is/are undernourished... and if you don't have sufficient building materials for lash growth then keeping lashes in the growth phase longer won't necessarily do too much. Just a thought.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I am using the Careprost every day without RapidLash. I want to give it a fair chance on it's own to see if there is any difference in using this as compared to RapidLash. If after using the Careprost for 12 weeks or so I see no additonal length than that of what RapidLash did for me, I will just stick with Rapidlash because it's a little cheaper, less chemicals and ships to me quicker.

It's just that, after reading all the posts and seeing the amazing before and after pictures on makeupalley.com of the Careprost users (even of women older than me and starting out with shorter lashes), I would give it a chance on working it's doe-like eyelash magic on me. One can always hope I guess. Smile

5% products discount

Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know if Latisse or similar products have a shelf-life? It takes me so long to use a bottle because I use a tiny watercolor brush to apply it (hoping to stretch out the quantity), but now I am worried that it might not still be effective 6 months after it's opened.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
LBH wrote:
Does anyone know if Latisse or similar products have a shelf-life? It takes me so long to use a bottle because I use a tiny watercolor brush to apply it (hoping to stretch out the quantity), but now I am worried that it might not still be effective 6 months after it's opened.

Latisse has an expiration date on the package as does Lumagen and Careprost, not sure about all the other analogues as those are not classified as drugs.

5% products discount

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks DarkMoon. Unfortunately I threw all the packaging out and only have the tiny bottle. Alas...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
LBH wrote:
Thanks DarkMoon. Unfortunately I threw all the packaging out and only have the tiny bottle. Alas...

I looked on my Careprost bottle and it does have an expiration date of August 2013, so I would think that you'd be okay going 6 months or longer. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Where is everyone getting their Careprost? I haven't checked in a while but... Is it true All Day Chem. no longer carries it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Where is everyone getting their Careprost? I haven't checked in a while but... Is it true All Day Chem. no longer carries it?

http://www.alldaychemist.com/2118-careprost.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
LBH wrote:

sandooch wrote:

I looked on my Careprost bottle and it does have an expiration date of August 2013, so I would think that you'd be okay going 6 months or longer. Very Happy

Not quite right. The expiration date lets you know how long a product is still considered effective in the bottle (unopened), assuming it is stored properly. Once opened, the product is exposed to air so the possibility exists for oxidation as well as contamination; exposure to light may also alter the effectiveness of the ingredients.

The last time I looked for information on Lumigan, I know I read that any unused product should be discarded 4 weeks after opening (but that was for drops used directly in the eye). Lumigan and Latisse contain the same ingredients; Careprost contains the same active ingredient. Personally I would not still be using a product near my eyes 6 months after opening the bottle, but that's just me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2012 9:22 am      Reply with quote
2.5-MONTH UPDATE:

So, it's been a while since I started this thread and posted pictures. I've now been applying Careprost for 11.5 weeks and am seeing some nice lengthening. Still no thickening or seeing additional lashes though. But, on length alone, I think I'm catching up to my daughter Laughing (they say optimal results will come by using it for 16 weeks though).

Here is a refresher:

My lashes from where I began began using Careprost:

And my lashes today, 11.5 weeks on Careprost:

My 17-year-old daughter's beautiful lashes:

Not too shabby, huh? If only they'd thicken up a bit. Maybe if I wish really hard, that'll come in the next 5.5 weeks. Razz

Funny thing is that they look considerably longer when I look close up. But without mascara, if I'm just looking in the bathroom mirror, I don't see much difference. Weird!Neutral

P.S. I just ordered two more bottles of Careprost for $44.65 total (free shipping) here: http://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/p-585-careprost-eye-drops-03mg-bimatoprost.aspx

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2012 9:28 am      Reply with quote
sandooch,

I think you have an issue we share in common, both my daughters have super dark long thick lashes without any mascara on!

Mine are long and thick but as dark as my hair and eyes are naturally, my lashes seem to have never been blessed with that pigment! Without either mascara or the 1000 lash dye I look as if they are barely there. Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2012 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Darkmoon, at least you are blessed with naturally having long lashes. Here is what my lashes looked like right before starting Rapidlash and then Careprost:

Talk about nonexistent! Shock Even with mascara on back then, you could barely see my lashes. Now, with mascara on, I look like I'm wearing false lashes. I love it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2012 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Yes your results are great! *puts Careprost on birthday wish list!

(and your daughter's lashes are absolutely gorgeous!)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2012 9:53 am      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Darkmoon, at least you are blessed with naturally having long lashes. Here is what my lashes looked like right before starting Rapidlash and then Careprost:

Talk about nonexistent! Shock Even with mascara on back then, you could barely see my lashes. Now, with mascara on, I look like I'm wearing false lashes. I love it!

Yours are darker than mine, I call mine spider legs after the little house spiders with nearly transparent legs! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2012 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Yes your results are great! *puts Careprost on birthday wish list!

(and your daughter's lashes are absolutely gorgeous!)

Laughing ...and thank you for the compliment on my daughter's lashes. That's without mascara, too. When she wears mascara, her lashes look like Tammy Faye's. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2012 9:56 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
sandooch wrote:

Yours are darker than mine, I call mine spider legs after the little house spiders with nearly transparent legs! Laughing

LOL! But I'll bet with mascara on they look stunning.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2012 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, wow, that was fast! I just ordered my 2 bottles of Careprost from inhousepharmacy.com this morning and only a few hours later received an email that they've been shipped. I love this site! ♥

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2012 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Love the pictures!!! Amazing results! I have Rapid Lash and it works for me, I just always forget to use it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2012 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:
Love the pictures!!! Amazing results! I have Rapid Lash and it works for me, I just always forget to use it.

Laura, I used RapidLash for over a year before starting Careprost. The picture I just posted of my barely-noticeable lashes was taken before I started RapidLash. The picture I posted right about the picture I took today of 11.5 weeks using Careprost was what my lashes looked like after 12 weeks using Rapidlash (they didn't get much longer during the rest of the year). I wasn't sure I'd get longer lashes with Careprost, but it did happen...it just took a good 7-8 weeks to start noticing additional length. So I'll be sticking to Careprost. Very Happy

5% products discount

Sat May 12, 2012 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Since Latisse and Careprost are supposed to make hair grow, has anyone tried adding a few drops of Latisse or Careprost to a scalp solution? Would a few drops added to 30 ml of Water + SKB be too weak to make any difference to head hair?

This may be the wrong thread to post this, but I figured that since this is about Careprost, it would not be too far afield. If you think it should be moved to another thread, please move it.

By the way, I have used Rapid Lash and it did make my lashes longer, however after a few months I noticed that some of my lashes grew in haphazard directions. Has anyone else experienced this? I am still using Rapid Lash (I want to finish the bottle) but have also ordered Careprost from ADC.

Thanks in advance.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2012 11:28 am      Reply with quote
I used RapidLash for over a year before starting Careprost. I've never had any problems with it making my lashes grow in different directions, but I have heard of that happening to others.

Regarding Careprost/Rapidlash being used in a scalp solution, I don't think a few drops added to the scalp solution would make a big enough difference to make the hair grow any faster. I take 2 5000 mcg of Biotion (one in the morning, one in the eveining). It's made my thinning hair stop falling out and now I have new hair sprouts growing in. Yay! It takes about 2-3 months to see results. Some people get results with only 5000 mcg a day, some with only 1000 mcg. So, I'd start with the lowwest dosage and go from there.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |