Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
I'm doing it right now but need help..........
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lenny9
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:40 am      Reply with quote
I have decided that i'm buying my md formulation products that i want. I have just had a look at shopping and am well pleased. As there is free shipping for orders to uk. Very Happy
Also i can choose a free gift.
I'm buying a
cleanser
corrector
advanced hydrating complex
and a hydrating mask.

But i can get a freebie with my order Very Happy even better. Should i go for the vit a plus anti-aging lotion or the facial lotion?
I really can't decide.
Please help me.
lenny9
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Jusr looked in to see which product you advised me to get as my freebie. And over 40 people have read the topic and not 1 reply. Oh well i think i'll go with the vit a anti plus lotion.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi I would have replied but did not know what to advise. Sorry.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! Very Happy I'm with Loopylori - I didn't mean to make you feel ignored - I just didn't know what to recommend...Enjoy your order! Very Happy
Pudoodles
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
lenny9 wrote:
I have decided that i'm buying my md formulation products that i want. I have just had a look at shopping and am well pleased. As there is free shipping for orders to uk. Very Happy
Also i can choose a free gift.
I'm buying a
cleanser
corrector
and a hydrating mask.

But i can get a freebie with my order Very Happy even better. Should i go for the vit a plus anti-aging lotion or the facial lotion?
I really can't decide.
Please help me.

Hi, can you please go into a bit more detail about the free product? What is the Vit A Plus lotion?

I love freebies Very Happy
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lenny9

Depending on your skin type, you would have already chosen a facial cream (for dry skin), or facial lotion (oily/combi/normal) as a corrector. So, if you chose another facial lotion, you would have double. The Vit a plus can be used on top of the corrector - so it enhances your skin regimen. This is better.
I however, notice that you did not get a sunscreen which is VERY IMPORTANT especially when you are using a glycolic acid system, so if the colour fits, perhaps you should opt for the Tinted sun protector free gift rather than the facial lotion or Vit a Plus

Hope this clarifies
Jenny
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't used either product so I couldn't help...sorry Embarassed
Mabsy

Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:10 am      Reply with quote
You didn't really give much info about your skin type or concerns so we're really working on limited info here!

I can tell you though that the facial lotion to me is more like a toner really - I used to use it under the antioxidant serum (which is great btw!). It is quite watery and not moisturising at all.
lenny9
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi sorry for not giving enough information but here goes.
My skin is quite dry and it feels tight, but i think that this is due to a bit of de-hydration. So i'm trying to correct that by drinking more water.
My reason for going for md formulations is because i have used them before and they seemed to work well with my skin. People even commented on how good it looked. But then due to limited funds in the house, md bacame bottom of the list.
But i have now decided to treat myself to a good skin care regeime.
I am currently using different products some are from the body shop and some from avon.
After i had visited the beauty salon for a facial the beauticain reccommended these products for me.
Cleanser with glycolic acid
corrector cream
f15 total protection
I also purchased the hydrating mask to be used a couple ot times a week.

I found these products to be excellent and had no reaction to them. So rather than mess about with different products. I thought that i would revert back to the md what the beautician reccommended. But there is a free gift with it on EDS shop. Which is good, i was thinking of the vit A plus anti-aging lotion. as it says that this is for dry skin.
I am not purchasing any sun protection as i already have a tube of f15 left.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lenny9, careful with your orders for the UK, I tend to think the bigger the order, the bigger the risk for getting Customs charges. It wouldnt be so bad if that was all you had to pay, but the post office stick their fee on too and then your bargains dont feel like bargains after all.

Enjoy your products when they are Very Happy
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lenny9
Yes, I think the Vit A Plus free gift is a good choice.

Very Happy Jenny
lenny9
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:37 am      Reply with quote
I thought that you could order up to £150 worth of gifts before paying tax.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Ive paid tax on less than £100 before, now I try to stick to around £50 per order. I'd rather pay extra postage and keep the package small. I think if they see a larger box, and its heavy, and then look at the customs sticker from EDS and it says cosmetics $20, its rather suspicious. Thats just me anyway, I've always got away with it when the box is smaller. Its probably all down to luck and what side of the bed the customs/post office got out of that morning Laughing
lenny9
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Yeah but no but Yeah (little Britian)

If i spend over £64 i get a free gift. And if over £84 i get free postage. Is this worth taking a chance? Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad And if i was to get caught how much would i have to pay extra on top of what i have paid EDS.

Never simple is it?
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Its a game of chance lenny9. I cant remember how much I spent originally when I got stumped for customs, I think back then it was if you spend over 200 canadian dollars I got free postage so I think I did that. Trouble was the box was heavy and it was obvious they was more than $20 worth of cosmetics in the box. I had to pay around £8 in VAT and then £10 to Parcelforce for the admin they did, THATS what was so annoying. Would pay the duty happily if need be, its the charges the post people slap on you. Its not like they offer a brilliant service. I have a friend who goes for the free postage and she has never been charged. Like I say, its hit and miss. Maybe give it a go first time round and you may be lucky. Only consider splitting up your orders if you do get charged. The problem with splitting up the orders is you never qualify for the free products Sad I reckon maybe its worth the risk......
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:28 am      Reply with quote
p.s. What you thinking of buying lenny9 Cool
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Customs duty and VAT are payable on any packages imported to the UK over the value of £18 (about $42CAD). Like Cindi said, I would imagine the larger the package the more suspicious customs would be about the value.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:37 am      Reply with quote
The rotters Sad
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Toe's right. This is taken from the Royal Mail site:

You might have to pay Customs duties for mail coming from abroad. The cost will depend on the type of mail being sent to you and its value - for example, you may be charged VAT if you’re being sent merchandise (business to consumer) worth more than £18 or £36 for gifts (consumer to consumer). There are other limits and charges for tobacco and alcohol. There's also a handling fee of £4.00 per item, which is a contribution towards our costs in carrying out activity on behalf of Her Majesty’s Customs & Excise.

Shock Shock Shock
esp about the gift bit

Sad

That said, I've only ever been stung once.
lenny9
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Right i am going to get,

facial cleanser non glycolic foaming (the girl in the salon reccomended me to get this to use before the glycolic acid one) as it removes make-up well.

facial cleanser with glycolic acid to be used as a cleanser

corrector facial cream

moisture defence atioxidant hydrating cream, i used to use theadvanced hydrating complex, but i have just visited my beauty salon and she said that the antioxidant hydrating cream is a better one, even better news as this tub is 1.7oz

antioxidant treatment mask, this is good for extra moisturiser during the week.

Total of products £85.05

i could also choose a free gift a vit a serum and get free delivery.

I'm just worried about being charged extra.
But i went in to town today and the prices i was given were unbelievable.
Cleanser £23.50
Corrector£29.00
moisture defence ationidant hydrating cream £48

There were the prices without the hydrating mask and not counting the free gift.
So how big of a box would 6 products come in. Also do EDS have a sticker on it so that customs know where it has come from or is it a plain box. Also can i ask for my invoice to be ommitted from that box. And i just accept the one sent by e-mail. Then should i be unlucky enough for my parcel to be picked out there would be no invoice in. Or is this illegal for EDS to do?

Just worried what he indoors would say if i got charged again. As he thinks that it is a ridiculous ammount of money to pay for skin care. Confused
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Lenny9 the boxes are usually a brown box with a white sticker on, and a customs label on the side. If its a bigger box, they may say the value is a little higher than $20. Mine usually say $20, cosmetics, gift. Ive used the facial cleanser before but cant remember why I stopped using it Confused Take a chance and if you get charged, at least you will have all your lovely goodies to compensate you. Cool Tell him in doors your worth every penny, he must have some hobbies you can quote at him.
lenny9
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Right i'm sorry to be bothering people with this. But hubby said what if i e-maild EDS and said that i was going to purchase over £80 worth of products. Would they put them in two packages instead of 1. So the packaging would be smaller. Thus hoping that customs would not get me for it. Do you think that they would do this.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I dont think they would do that, without you paying for the shipping twice. You would hae to place two separate orders and thus lose the free gift and the free shipping. I think its worth it. I received 2 packages in 5 days last week, which is super going. The bigger ones seem to take longer and poor happybunny has been waiting for over 3 weeks after she had a spending spree!!!! Its all trial and error lenny9
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:23 am      Reply with quote
lenny9, the postie has just brought me 2 more boxes, each one only has one item in it, but again its took 5 days from order to delivery. Im soooo excited now, I can begin a new regime in the Janson Beckett line.... Very Happy Very Happy
lenny9
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:35 am      Reply with quote
So if i place 2 seperate order like this,

Package 1
1 cleanser (as they are big and weigh a bit)
1 1oz cream
1 2.5oz cream

Package 2
1 cleanser
1 1.7oz cream

Then pay postage for these would they get through customs ok. I was going to buy just 1 cleanser. The one with glycolic acid in it. But i called in our local beauty salon yesterday. To price the products, unbelievable how much it costs here in england. And the bautician reccommended that i buy the normal cleanser as well. And to use this before i use the glycolic acid one. As it would remove most of the build up of muck on my face first. I have never done this before i always just used the 1 cleanser.But when you think about it it does make sense.
I went our last night,and had a few drinks. But i have not slept all night i just keep thinking it's a lot tospend on skincare all in one go. And then to be stung by customs on top.

Hubby was reading some of the posts on this board and he thought that maybe. I should try something different he thought that Dr H. Sounded quite good and is a lot cheaper. But i seem to like the MD as i've used them before and i liked them.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |