Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Ageless If You Dare roll call!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Since the start of the other Ageless If You Dare thread here, there have been many people who started doing the Ageless exercises and have had great success quickly. Then, slowly over the next few years, less and less people were commenting on the results they were getting doing Ageless and more on the fact that LouLou abandoned her site and posting here, people (myself included) not getting there downloads or not getting them to work properly, not answering their questions, etc... It seemed like people stopped talking about the great results they were getting with this program over the last few months.

I would like to know if those of you who did start it and were getting results, are you keeping it up still? Are you still getting results or are you maintaining? Did you notice any bad results from it? How long before you started to notice your results, good or bad?

I've been doing Ageless for 9 weeks now and have yet to see results, but I keep plugging along.

I hope to hear for all those previously happy Ageless exercisers so that you can give those of us just starting out an update on how you are doing now with this program.

Thank you!
HamCheeseSandwich
5% products discount

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sandooch

what i'm going to ask now is really off topic Surprised
But i noticed something weird.
When you go to the Ageless if we dare site, you can click on the before/after pictures.
Then you see 2 pictures.
The picture on the right (woman with short hair, not with the blond hair) is looking much prettier on her before picture?! Her after picture is just blehg;( compared to her before picture.
Is it just me or do you think the same about this?
Would love to hear your opinion!
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
i've been doing Ageless since 12/09...i did only Ageless till about 8/10 or so and then added exercises from Flex Effect..and a few months later added some exercises from Sente Maria Runge...i also do eye exercises from various sources(and many techniques of massage and acupressure which i shift and integrate differently every day)

i don't remeber how long it took to see results from Ageless...but i def did see results in my cheeks..much much fuller...(and others noticed, too)i started FE because in August i was noticing some sag that Ageless wasn't addressing... but that FE did..

anyway, for me, FE's cheek exercises primarily address jowl sag very powerfully, while Ageless gives fullness to my cheeks.

i sometimes do Ageless every day for weeks or months at a time..and only do FE every few days..and sometimes i reverse the pattern.

after a while you will see results and also know when/how to work your face....you can do less or more reps/days than the basic program suggests ...and hold the reps for longer or shorter counts than the program suggests...but that will come with time and familiarity with your facial muscles and their needs.

i know that many facial exercise proponents say that wrinkles do not form permanently when you do the reps over and over...but in my case i could see that wrinkles were being formed on my cheeks that were not there before..however i just figured that in an imperfect world..i'd rather have full cheeks and little sag with a few more wrinkles than be more wrinkle free with sag and gaunter cheeks....so i knowingly continued the program anyway...and people truly responded by telling me how good i was looking w/o knowing anything about the exercises...and my husband always tells me i have 'no wrinkles' when indeed i do..so i am thinking that all in all it has been a good trade..since others don't notice fine wrinkles..i believe..as much as we might think they do.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
just wanted to add that one of the women posters on the old Ageless forum, in response, to my post about wrinkle formation, posted that she held her cheek area taunt with one and while she gripped the flesh with her other..my wrinkles were already forum so i never tried this method..but it might be interesting for me to do so now

(and actually)after looking in the mirror, my cheek wrinkles are non-existent when i don't smile..but quite deep when i do....still rather have them than more pronounced sag though..personally always felt that wrinkles don't detract from beauty whereas sag does.

Also...regarding the before-after photos..to my eyes the woman with the short black hair looks so much better in the after photo...if the photos are realistic..which i believe they are..the dif in her eye bags is astounding and her nl's are so much less noticeable as well...i feel she's had great results

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
HamCheeseSandwich wrote:
Hi Sandooch

what i'm going to ask now is really off topic Surprised
But i noticed something weird.
When you go to the Ageless if we dare site, you can click on the before/after pictures.
Then you see 2 pictures.
The picture on the right (woman with short hair, not with the blond hair) is looking much prettier on her before picture?! Her after picture is just blehg;( compared to her before picture.
Is it just me or do you think the same about this?
Would love to hear your opinion!

This is the woman you are referring to, right? Aside from the usual terrible lighting difference on most facial exercise before and after pictures, I do agree with Jasmine that she looks better in her after. She does appear to have put on quite a bit of weight because her face and neck look fuller. But the bags under her eyes are gone, her nasolabial folds are almost gone as well as her marionette lines, and her furrow lines (the 11s) have also faded.

It is so hard to tell a good difference in before and afters if the lighting is not the same or at least close to it. Most befores are shot in poor lighting to accentuate folds and lines or the person is holding their chin down to accentuate a double chin, then it is so obvious that the are lifting their chin much higher and jutting out their chin a bit to give the illusion of a firmer chin and jawline. I hate seeing that; such dishonesty.

Thank you both for your replies.

Jasmine, I agree with you in that I would rather have the wrinkles than the sagging. Wink
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:53 am      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
... I do agree with Jasmine that she looks better in her after. She does appear to have put on quite a bit of weight because her face and neck look fuller. But the bags under her eyes are gone, her nasolabial folds are almost gone as well as her marionette lines, and her furrow lines (the 11s) have also faded.

Agreed Sandooch, and her turkey waddle is also not so 'dangly' Wink

sandooch wrote:
... Jasmine, I agree with you in that I would rather have the wrinkles than the sagging. Wink

Oh yes! Jowls are most definitely aging!

I can't remember when I started Ageless ('spose I could look back at all my posts), I think it was mid-2010, but I know that within days of starting it my cheeks looked fuller and my skin looked brighter. However I noticed that I started looking gaunt, immediately stopped doing Crush, but the gauntness stayed. I switched to CFF last year and love it as I find it addresses the whole face whereas Ageless seems to me to only concentrate on certain bits. The gaunt-look has finally gone, due to Carolyn's program and especially her Face Firmer Massage. I still do the Ageless Lift Cheeks 1 and 2 exercises 3x a week, the 'Kiss' and 'Head High' and also do FE's Teeth Clencher. But for me, CFF is perfect!
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Hippo, had I not read about Ageless first on this site and done more looking around, I most likely would have purchased Carolyn's program. I guess what most intrigued me with the Ageless program was that I would only have to devote 10 minutes a day (13 with the extra 3 exercises I do each time), 3 times a week and the fact that so many people here were saying that they saw results within a week or so.

I have been a bit depressed that I have not been one of those lucky people who've seen those great results, but I was told on the other Ageless thread recently that it may take between 4-6 months to see results. So I am at least giving it 6 months. Being that I'm 49 years old, it probably will take me longer than someone 10 to 20 years younger than me.

But at the end of those 6 months, if I don't see fuller, more sculpted apple cheeks, and tighter neck and more lifted eyelids, I will definitely get Carolyn's program. Just out of curiosity, how much time does it take to each day to do her program and how many days a week are required to get results?
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:15 am      Reply with quote
In the left photo the woman is much closer to the camera than in the right, so her eyes, nose and mouth look bigger.
Also,a quite strong light is coming from her right side, which is emphasising the lines.
In the right photo she is further away from the camera and the light is diffused, both of which help to 'flatten' her features.
These photos are useless for comparison purposes.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:36 am      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Hippo, had I not read about Ageless first on this site and done more looking around, I most likely would have purchased Carolyn's program. I guess what most intrigued me with the Ageless program was that I would only have to devote 10 minutes a day (13 with the extra 3 exercises I do each time), 3 times a week and the fact that so many people here were saying that they saw results within a week or so.

I have been a bit depressed that I have not been one of those lucky people who've seen those great results, but I was told on the other Ageless thread recently that it may take between 4-6 months to see results. So I am at least giving it 6 months. Being that I'm 49 years old, it probably will take me longer than someone 10 to 20 years younger than me.

But at the end of those 6 months, if I don't see fuller, more sculpted apple cheeks, and tighter neck and more lifted eyelids, I will definitely get Carolyn's program. Just out of curiosity, how much time does it take to each day to do her program and how many days a week are required to get results?

I am not Hippo however, I also use CFF. I am 39. I do it 3x's a wk, 15 min. a night.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Holmes, yes, she is much closer in that first picture. It almost looks as if the camera took her picture through a peephole. Laughing

Skincarefreak, thank you for your reply. That routine sounds very doable. Now, is this a maintenance routine or is this how much time is involved right from the beginning? How long have you been doing this program and have you seen any results from it? If so, what are they and how long did it take before you noticed?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just such a inquisitive person. Wink
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Skincarefreak, thank you for your reply. That routine sounds very doable. Now, is this a maintenance routine or is this how much time is involved right from the beginning? How long have you been doing this program and have you seen any results from it? If so, what are they and how long did it take before you noticed?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just such a inquisitive person. Wink

Carolyn suggested 3x's a wk for my age bracket so, I just stuck with that. I have been on this program for a year. I was doing ageless and Carol Maggio before. I have seen results however, I've been mixing other programs as well. My jowls were begining to sag and this has helped those. My face looks fuller and my lip lines are better.

No problem! I would ask just as many questions. Very Happy
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for your reply. Yeah, I was always the nerd in class that would piss off the other students because I kept asking the teacher so many questions. Laughing

I'm really hoping I start to see some results from Ageless soon. It is so hard to be patient when you hear that others noticed results within a few weeks.
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
Wide eyed and busy tailed - that's how it should be Sandooch!

I spend 15 mins 4x a week doing CFF and the other few exercises - dedicated time. But, I always slot in a few extra exercises during my day, like when I am waiting for the kettle to boil or for the dog to come in from outside. Cleansing using the OCM at night I do lots of 'Ps and Qs' and face massage. So all in all I would say not less than 20 minutes a day is spent exercising and massaging my face.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Hippo. I never even thought I'd have stuck to doing 12-13 minutes of Ageless 3 times a week for the past 9 weeks, but I now know that the skin on my body is not the only skin on me that is heading south. I need more than just good ol' firming creams to keep things heading north for as long as possible. Laughing

Fifteen to twenty minutes, 3-4 days a not too shabby. I think I can handle that.

Here's another question I'd like to throw out there: If I'm already dry brushing my face, do I still need to massage it as well? I know that dry brushing mainly is used to exfoliate and bring increased circulation to the skin, but it is also supposed to help firm it. So would it be necessary to do both dry brushing and massage?
Miel24
5% products discount

Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sandooch,

May I add that looking at the pics that you posted of yourself on the other EDS Ageless forum, I can't believe you are 49!! I thought you were much younger, around late thirties.

Anyway, I am on around week 9 of Ageless too, and have good days when I notice a difference and days when I think I look worse....sigh..Will carry on though and maybe add a couple of FE exercises too.

Good luck
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
Miel24, thank you for the sweet compliment. Made my night!

I, too, have those days where I'm like, "Wait a sec...am I seeing some definition in my cheeks?" or "I think my eyes look a smidge more open today." But then the next day it's back to the same ol' face. Laughing

Heck, maybe that's how it all starts out. Then one day we'll wake up and the changes we think we see will actually stick! Wink
Miel24
5% products discount

Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:19 am      Reply with quote
Yes, that certainly makes sense. Looking forward to that day!

I might also try another tactic and not analyse my face looking for changes so much( this is very difficult!) I might suddenly see a difference in a "shorter" time then lol..
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Miel24 wrote:
... May I add that looking at the pics that you posted of yourself on the other EDS Ageless forum, I can't believe you are 49!! I thought you were much younger, around late thirties...

I agree with Miel24. On the Callan Evo FB fan page, I think there is someone who looks exactly like you. This young thing does not look 49 though so I am totally confused. Confused
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Hippo, I think that may be me on that page, since I do post on it. But I had put up a picture of me of when I was 43 years old and 55 pounds thinner, so it's 6 years old, but I put it up there to inspire me to get back there. Laughing That is the face I am shooting for...fuller cheeks, tighter jawline and neck, but with even more open eyes (if that's possible).

Is this the picture you are speaking of?

sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Miel24 wrote:
Yes, that certainly makes sense. Looking forward to that day!

I might also try another tactic and not analyse my face looking for changes so much( this is very difficult!) I might suddenly see a difference in a "shorter" time then lol..

If you can figure out how not to analyze you face so much, please let me know, because I do this with each trip to the restroom and...let's just say I drink A LOT of water. Laughing

But I totally agree with you that this would be a better way of waiting for our results. It's like if it took you a whole year to lose 20 pounds, seeing yourself daily, you wouldn't see such a dramatic change. But then you run into someone you haven't seen in a year, and their jaw hits the floor because they can't get over how skinny you've become since they last saw you.

Okay, I'll do my best not to analyze my face so frequently and stop being so critical of not seeing quicker results. But let's just say that patience is definitely not one of my best virtues. Razz
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:57 am      Reply with quote
When I had been doing ageless for a few months I had a date with my sister. We hadn't seen each other for several months. She kept on saying how WELL I looked, and how lucky our genes were that we didn't sag as much as other people. It made me chuckle, because my sister isn't someone who would easily say something like 'you look good', and I knew then for certain that exercise, however subtle the results may seem, can really change the way you look.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
That's awesome, Lotusesther! Did you feel as if you saw the difference in yourself at that time or not until your sister pointed it out to you?
Miel24
5% products discount

Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Sandooch, that was you at 43?! Wow. You look fantastic. Together with your more recent pics, you look very youthful and no way near your age at all.

And patience isn't one of my best virtues either..Still today I made a conscious effort to just use the mirror for skincare and make up with no focusing on my jawline or cheeks. It was hard as it's such a habit, but it was a start. No mirrors throughout the day either, really good. Then later on, I got caught out as I was having a Skype conversation and kept glimpsing at the video of me and my.. yep jowls.

Will try again tomorrow, as apart from the 'relapse' it was quite refreshing not to keep checking my reflection today.

Hi Lotusesther. I am visiting my sister at the beginning of May. Fingers crossed I get a similar reaction to yours.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
@ Sandooch: I noticed things felt better, less flabby, tighter. But as to looks, no, I did not really notice anything at first, except that my crow's feet became less pronounced.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
(Note to self: Make Miel24 my new best friend Wink ) Thank you for the compliment, hon. And way to go not peeking at your cheeks and jawline. We'll get there soon...I can feel it.

Lotusesther, actually, my face does feel "stronger" now that you mention it. Like when I do my exercises now, I feel like I can tense up my muscles harder than at the beginning of the program. Hopefully it's just a matter of time before my apple cheeks are back and my nasolabial folds are gone. Woo hoo! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |