Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Jane Iredale pressed mineral foundation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
I love love love this product. Jane Iredale has many shades so you are able to find a perfect match for your skin tone. This product has a matte finish to it and you can layer as much or as little coverage as you want. It doesn't look caked on and feels lighter than the MAC studio fix. A bonus to this line is that they are natural ingredients and animal cruelty free.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:10 am      Reply with quote
I use it (warm silk color) and love it. The application is a little different to Bare Minerals but I think I have it down now!

I like how "clean" and simple the product is.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I love love love Jane Iredale's PurePressed Base, too. I've been using it for several years and first heard about it here on EDS. (EDS used to sell it.) It's very natural looking, and a little goes a long way.

By the way, I found that using the right type of brush really makes a difference to the application. I use Iredale's Handi brush at home, but when I'm traveling, I use Too Faced's Retractable Kabuki brush.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Add me to the love list. I've tried other MMUs but this one beats them all. Such a fine texture and goes on so smoothly. No fly-away dust (that could get breathed in) and stays on well.

I just started using the pressed powder in the last few months whereas before, I had used the loose powder. The pressed one travels better and is in a more compact container, so that one went with me on vacation.

I have the Handi brush, but actually prefer their dome brush more. The Handi brush will apply the makeup heavier, so it is better for certain occasions. I guess I like the lighter look with the dome brush better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:
I use it (warm silk color) and love it. The application is a little different to Bare Minerals but I think I have it down now!

How is the application different?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
LauraLizzie wrote:

foxe, this is a link on the sight with video's that show how to apply.

http://www.youtube.com/user/janeiredale/videos

HTH Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:44 am      Reply with quote
I use to love JI before they changed the formula 5 or so years ago.
lmp925

Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
I love Jane Iredale too!

A cheaper alternative to the Jane Iredale pure pressed powder is Physician's Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50.

It comes in a handy compact as well and has a great sheer coverage.
lmp925

Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
I love Jane Iredale too!

A cheaper alternative to the Jane Iredale pure pressed powder is Physician's Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50.

It comes in a handy compact as well and has a great sheer coverage.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:26 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
LauraLizzie wrote:

With Bare Minerals you swirl and buff onto the skin. With Jane, you stroke down and apply what looks like too much. Wait a few mins and your skin sucks it up and you look perfect!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Ditto: I love this pressed powder sunscreen too! And for us fair-skinned folk, the Ivory shade is a rare find.

5% products discount

Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard about the Jane Iredale line here on EDS a long time ago. I've never tried it though but am dying to try it. There are always so many good reviews for this product
dagnolia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone compare the jane iredale to bare minerals in terms of coverage?

I'm relatively satisfied with the BE as it's the only thing I've found that really matches my skin color, and it gives EXCELLENT coverage. However, it makes me a bit itchy (probably due to bismuth), seemingly moreso as humidity increases in the summertime.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:49 am      Reply with quote
It gives great coverage and you can varry the coverage easily. Want light coverage? Use a big fluffy brush and do one coat. Want more coverage? Use a sponge and put on several layers.

When I used BM and had a zit on my chin, the makeup would make my skin crawl and itch. JI doesn't do that to me!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:16 am      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:
It gives great coverage and you can varry the coverage easily. Want light coverage? Use a big fluffy brush and do one coat. Want more coverage? Use a sponge and put on several layers.

When I used BM and had a zit on my chin, the makeup would make my skin crawl and itch. JI doesn't do that to me!

Uh, oh... it sounds wonderful. (I say "uh oh" only because it costs about 2x as much as BE Confused)

Have you tried the JI loose powder base? Is there much of a difference between the loose & pressed? (Um, other than the obvious of course!)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:23 am      Reply with quote
dagnolia wrote:
LauraLizzie wrote:

Uh, oh... it sounds wonderful. (I say "uh oh" only because it costs about 2x as much as BE Confused)

Have you tried the JI loose powder base? Is there much of a difference between the loose & pressed? (Um, other than the obvious of course!)

Loose Powder ingredients:

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 14%, Zinc Oxide 6%. Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Plankton Extract, Algae Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Chromium Oxide Greens.

Pressed Powder ingredients:

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 14%, Zinc Oxide 3%. Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Plankton Extract, Algae Extract, Pinus Strobus (Pine) Bark Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Chromium Oxide Greens.

I think it is more that it takes more steps to create a pressed mineral powder, and the refill for the compact is $40 instead of $52 so you are paying for the more expensive compact container.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:40 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 14%, Zinc Oxide 6%. Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Plankton Extract, Algae Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Chromium Oxide Greens.

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 14%, Zinc Oxide 3%. Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Plankton Extract, Algae Extract, Pinus Strobus (Pine) Bark Extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Chromium Oxide Greens.

I think it is more that it takes more steps to create a pressed mineral powder, and the refill for the compact is $40 instead of $52 so you are paying for the more expensive compact container.

I was wondering more about feel & coverage type differences, but since they have pretty much identical ingredients, I suppose it can't be TOO much different...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:48 am      Reply with quote
dagnolia wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

I was wondering more about feel & coverage type differences, but since they have pretty much identical ingredients, I suppose it can't be TOO much different...

I have used a few different brands that have both loose as well as pressed options, I like the pressed to take with for touch ups and travel, but honestly find they work and feel the same. Jane Iredale pressed can be used wet or dry, I have never used the wet method.

5% products discount

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
how does one use pressed powder wet?? is it supposed to give more coverage hence reduce the number of applications?
gamma
5% products discount

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
WinterChea wrote:
I've heard about the Jane Iredale line here on EDS a long time ago. I've never tried it though but am dying to try it. There are always so many good reviews for this product

There is so much talk of Jane Iredale on EDS but why are'nt they selling it on the EDS website. I would like to buy it!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
gamma wrote:
WinterChea wrote:

There is so much talk of Jane Iredale on EDS but why are'nt they selling it on the EDS website. I would like to buy it!

There are some places that also sell it but you can purchase it online:

http://www.janeiredale.com/

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
gamma wrote:
how does one use pressed powder wet?? is it supposed to give more coverage hence reduce the number of applications?

Yes just like many wet/dry foundations and eye shadows you can get a heavier coverage, but that depends on the individual application. I believe it is more about personal preference many women are just used to a wet (liquid) foundation.

5% products discount

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I love Jane Iredale - yum yum yummy. Thanks for the review.
Sutrish
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:53 am      Reply with quote
I've used the PurePressed Base for years, and have been contemplating trying Amazing Base, the loose formulation. According to Jane Iredale's customer service, the loose version's finish is luminescent/radiant, while the pressed is semi-matte. The loose also produces the most complete coverage. I still haven't figured out which I'll buy next!

GirlieGirl, if you're still on here, could you explain what you don't like about the newer formulation? I'm still using the old one.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:59 am      Reply with quote
My skin is pretty normal and I find the loose powder makes me look like one giant ugly pore. I was pretty horrified at how horrible my skin looked with the loose!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |