Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Sothys products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lorrapaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used any of the sothys products and what did they think of them.
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I've used Sothy's Desquacrem(spelling??)and it is very gentle yet effective on the skin as a deep pore cleanser. My aesthetician swears by this stuff and MD Formulations.She had stated once that my skin was very "congested" and this would open it up. I didn't use it and go WOW - but in time my skin was looking more refreshed and felt cleaner.
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I've tried a couple of their products. The Purifying Foaming Gel I really didn't like but that is because my skin won't tolerate gel cleansers. The Purifying Beauty Milk is quite nice. It has a clean, camphor smell. I've also read good things about the Normalizing Beauty Milk.
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I'm using Sothys Active Contour Destressing Mask. I think it works great, if u leave it on at night, your eyes wont look tried in the morning and it really helps reducing the puffiness.
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Sothy's Hydroptimale Set.

The Hydroptimale Cream is OK, but scent is so so and it was not hydrating enough for my dry skin

Hydroptimale Mask is good and it does leave the skin supple, plus it is good for my undereye dryness.

Liposome Hydrogel is quite good too, not greasy and leaves skin well hydrated for quite some time after application.

Cheers
Jenny
nelly.4
5% products discount

Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
I am currently using Clearness Beauty Milk and Lotion for my slight broken capillaries under my eyes. This was just in one of those travel sets to try and I'm really liking the way my skin feels. I have also used a sample of the Morning Cleanser which smells and feels really nice on the skin and when you rinse it doesn't leave skin with that "tight" feeling. The Hydroptomale Gel feels really good on and not too heavy for my combo skin.

I'm also just trialling this range after I have had a couple of facials in the last few months.
Mabsy

Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:17 am      Reply with quote
I really liked the Liposome Hydrogel and the Hydroptimale Gel - on those two my skin was so plump I could barely stop touching my face! Laughing Those two and the Noctuelle cream are my fave Sothys products so far Very Happy
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me the consistency of the Sothys Liposomes Hydrogel? Is it really a "gel" or a cream?
nelly.4
5% products discount

Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
The Liposomes Hydrogel actually looks like a cream but it has the consistency of a gel - if that makes sense??? Its really light on the skin and is meant to be used under a moisturiser for extra hydration.
bb_pigeon
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:51 am      Reply with quote
I plan to try sothys eye mask, but many friends said it's useless.

What do u think Phytomer comparing with Sothys?

Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:21 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the mask. From what I recall the Liposomes Hydrogel felt like a light lotion (leaning towards gel). Great product that, though I prefer the Hydroptimale Gel Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:21 am      Reply with quote
I've tried a few Sothy's products:

* The purifying serum (can't remember the correct name) which I found to be useless. I used the entire thing to make sure I was giving it time to work but I didn't see any results.
* Lift defense cream - liked it but never ended up buying the full size (found other moisturiers that I liked better).
* Absorbant mask - I love it, I've had my tube for about 6 months and even though I use it weekly, it lasts forever. It's the only "oil controlling" mask that I can leave on for more than the recommended time and not irritate my skin (I often put on a mask and then start doing something and forget what time it is Laughing ). It makes my pores appear smaller and my skin feels really soft afterwards.
* Hydroptimale Mask is good too, makes my skin soft and "plump" without breaking me out. And you can use it around your eyes with no probs.

5% products discount

Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone Smile
I have been using Sothys for about 3 years now after trying for about 35years to find a product that works. I have always.. well since about age 11 had combination and sensitive skin. As I have progessed in age.. especially the last 10 years (am 47 now) .. I have had what is called fragile capillaries. I was told that this actually stems from birth (hereditary in my case) but progresses as we get older. So, I have sensitive, combo, fragile cap skin with at times enlarged pores if I dont cleanse morning and night. Bad me!
I finally found Sothys products and am pleased to say that they work and I hardly get any lumps and bumps anymore, except the occasional hormonal ones. The Sothys products that I use are:-
Cleanser : Clearness Beauty Milk (brilliant!)

Toner : Clearness Lotion

Moisturiser: Hydroptimale Gel (tried the cream but too heavy and I got lumps and bumps from it)

Eyes (night): Active Contour

Once every 3 weeks I use this facial regime:-
Cleanse and tone then....
Gommage exfoliant
followed by
Desquacrem
followed by
Immuniscience Masque
That mini facial is and feels fantastic.
Then finish off with another cleanse and tone and moisturise.
I dont moisturise at night though, as I have found after about a week of night time moisturing I break out or get lumps. Soooo if anyone knows of an even lighter moisturiser than what I use already could you please let me know?? Maybe another Sothys one?? I really really love their product. I tried ummm what was it ?? Oh yes, the Alpha-H range as an alternative to Sothys. They say it is good to alternate now and then. BUT the Alpha-H was shocking for me. It was heavy and I broke out as well as the lumps and bumps and I even got whiteheads from it. It was just wayyyy to heavy for my skin.
If anyone sounds like they have skin like mine, maybe you could suggest what I may use to alternate with Sothys. You know what they say..... a change is as good as a holiday, and that's no exception to skin products. hehehehehe
Thank you all soo soo much for listening to me.
Hugssss to you all Smile
Mary xx

Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:27 am      Reply with quote
maryfrancis3 wrote:
Moisturiser: Hydroptimale Gel (tried the cream but too heavy and I got lumps and bumps from it)

I really like the hydroptimale gel as well. If you are wanting something lighter then try the Liposome Hydrogel. I remember liking both this and the hydroptimale gel. They were both pretty light but I think the Liposome Hydrogel was lighter (please don't quote me on that though - sample first Smile).

5% products discount

Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
OOOoooooo Mabsy! Thank you so so much! I will try it for sure. It sounds like a perfect night time moisturiser for me.
Hugssss to you!
Mary xx[/quote]

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
bumping this one. Has anyone tried any Sothys products recently?
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:06 am      Reply with quote
I've recently purchased the destressing eye mask- its been 12 days and I don't see any difference at all in either my dark circles or moisture level.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your feedback. I was about to include this in my next order.... Sad

Canadian Girl wrote:
I've recently purchased the destressing eye mask- its been 12 days and I don't see any difference at all in either my dark circles or moisture level.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |