Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Newbie wanting advice on a simple skin care routine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
CindyLouise
5% products discount

Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! First of all, I'd like to introduce myself to everyone. My name is Cindy, and I'm 22 years old. I've been browsing through the EDS forums for a couple weeks now.

I'm looking for some advice on creating a simple skin care routine. I have normal to oily skin, that is prone to breakouts, mostly around my mouth/chin area. I am also prone to milia, again, mostly around my mouth. I'm hoping to get away with a cleanser, toner moisturizer type routine. I really have no clue when it comes to AHA's, serums etc. About 2 weeks ago I switched to Vivier Hexam cleanser, and Vivier deep cleaning astringent. I am using my old Neutrogena oil free moisturizer for sensitive skin, but am wanting to switch to a higher quality product. I have always had moderately acneic skin, and I'm sick of hiding my pimples with makeup! I'm hoping that I really like the Vivier products I have bought, but if not, I'm curious about Eminence products. I've read so many great reviews about their masks, but I can't find many reviews on their cleansers and tonics.
Since I have just recently switched my cleanser, and started using a toner, I am mostly looking for a light daily moisturizer that is truly non-comedogenic. A product that also has SPF would be ideal.
Just wanted to put myself out there! I look forward to hearing any advice from such knowledgable women!
skinmaven

Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cindy, welcome to the forum!I know from experience that it's so hard to find a skin care routine when you have oily skin - particularly because you don't want a moisturizer that just makes your breakouts even worse. Good luck trying your new cleansers and products - I know I'm constantly searching to find the right ones, so hopefully your derm has you on the right track. I've done some work with Eucerin lately and have tried their Daily Protection face lotion as a light daily moisturizer - it's perfect for me since it has an SPF 30 (I have fair skin)and is non-comedogenic and fragrance free so it isn't too greasy and won't affect my sensitive skin. I'd definitely recommend it!
CindyLouise
5% products discount

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely check it out!
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
hi cindy, welcome!

The vivier Hexem cleanser is a great product. It is an antibacterial cleanser so it is great for acne prone skin. I find it too drying for my dry skin type but my husband uses it and loves it. What i found was really good with my acne was a medication called "Clyndoxil gel", you need the prescription from the dermatologist. Apply it at night time only. During the day after cleansing the face, it's important to use sunscreen! A good one is from Elta that is paraben free and they have one that is great for oily type skintones. If you can afford it, i would also highly recommend the clarisonic (they sell this as EDS). It will help take off the dead skin on the surface of the skin as well as deep clean right down to the pores. So those would be my basic skincare product recommendations.

5% products discount

Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I do like the vivier products so far, but I have found that the astringent does make my face feel a little dry for awhile afterwards. I would really like to find a good moisturizer with SPF, but it seems like all of them have comedogenic ingredients. I looks up the ingredients in the Elta moisturizer you had recommended, it contains Isopropyl Palmitate and octyl stearate. According to the website I am using, those are both comedogenic. I'm not really sure how much it matters, but it does make me hesitant to try it. The problem is that pretty well all moisturizers out there contain these kinds of ingredients. Maybe it's not as important as I think?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |