Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Oily Skin Suncreen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Guppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Over time I have come to realize that no matter what moisturizer + spf combo I use, my face looks shiny and oily, especially the forehead, nose and chin. I have numerous combos including oil of olay, la roche anthelios, exuviance, etc. etc. My next step is to take the moisturizer out of the equation altogether and opt for only a sunscreen. I am not in the sun much so I want spf 15 or higher would do. I also have a darker complexion so I want to get something that does not leave any whitish hue when applied. Can any of you ladies recommend me something good? I am still open to a moisturizer with a spf but I am pretty sure it will just compound the problem.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Devita, the body lotion or the moisturizer.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
tgurl
5% products discount

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
push!!!!! may anyone know if eminence tropical vanilla suncreen gd on oilier sensitive skin?
Guppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Any other suggestions?

Also, what is the ideal sunscreen in terms of protection from both UVA and UVB?
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Zinc oxide protects against both UVA and UVB. I believe titanium dioxide doesn't protect against UVA. Anyway, I second Devita.

If you're so inclined, you can also make your own, and that way you can tweak the recipe until it suits your skin.

Here's one recipe: http://www.dempeaux.com/?p=6050
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
what's your issue with the Devita?

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Eminence vanlia sun cream or QV sfp cream.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
what's your issue with the Devita?

LoriA, Devita can be quite heavy for oily skin in summer.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I haven't found that. I've got oily skin and was using the body lotion on my face in the summer.
I've never really worn moisturizers before though, and always hated heavy sunscreens so instead mostly opted for hats & staying out of the sun, so maybe my standards aren't as high for products not making me shine. Devita's the lightest I've ever tried with nice ingredients & no white cast on my brown skin so I'm happy. I figure I'll always get shine, with or without.

jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Here is what futurederm recommends for oily skin

Best Sunscreen For Oily Skin

In the days of yore, before Helioplex was deemed the #1 in UVA protection, there was Mexoryl. And before just a few years ago, skin care devotees (including yours truly) had to import Mexoryl from Europe. Luckily, now you can get both the water-soluble Mexoryl SX and the lipid-soluble Mexoryl XL in LaRoche Posay SPF 60 Fluide Extreme for double the protection. Best of all, LaRoche Posay SPF 60 Fluide Extreme has this amazing milky consistency that provides a high level of UVA and UVB protection without a greasy feel or telltale white streaks – perfect for oily skin!

http://www.futurederm.com/2011/08/05/daily-question-what-are-the-best-sunscreens/
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
This is surprising to me - I used to wear La Roche Posay and found it to be very greasy, whereas Devita works well for me.
mikakane

Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:18 am      Reply with quote
I have an oily T zone and recently found Snowberry Everyday Broad Spectrum SPF 15. It's all natural. Here are the ingredients:

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide & Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Kaempferia Galanga Root Extract, Larix Sibirica (Siberian Larch) Extract, Ethyl Ferulate
Ingredients: Aqua (Demineralised), Zinc Oxide & Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Sorbitan Olivate (Olive), Cetyl Palmitate & Sorbitan Palmitate, Coco Glucoside Cetearyl Alcohol (wheat Extract), Glycerine (Coconut), Coffea Arabica (Coffee Bean) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Inga Edulis (Inga) Seed Extract, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Oil & Stearic Acid & Glycerin & Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Glucose & Glucose Oxidase & Lactoperoxidase, Kaempferia Galanga Root Extract, Ethyl Ferulate, Porphyra Umbilicalis (Seaweed) Extract, Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Guar Gum, Tocopherol (mixed) & Beta-Sitosterol, & Squalene (Sunflower), Sclerotium Gum, Larix Sibirica (Siberian Larch) Extract.

I use this over my curent moisturizer and it works good for me. It doesn't leave my face shiny. I have dark olive skin and it doesn't leave the whitish cast on my face.
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Guppy perhaps you need a different cleanser or exfoliator, these can cause increased sebum production.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Guppy, I'm with Firefox and onmyboat for SS on oily skin. Deal with the underlying problem first and the SS will solve it self.

http://www.dempeaux.com/?p=6704
Is an excellent serum for oily skin. It will reduce the oil production over a 2-3 month period. Pretty much cured my acne problem.

I DIY my SS as well. Dempeaux I believe has an updated version of that SS which is even lovelier.

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
skincarekev

Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Md solar sciences is nice.
Guppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks guys. I am going to give Devita a try.

Is this the one you guys have been using for the face: http://www.amazon.com/Devita-Solar-Protective-Moisturizer-SPF/dp/B000Q8R7KW/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1333496488&sr=1-1?

There are two that I have seen floating around and I wanted to ask which one was ideal in my case. Furthermore, where is everyone purchasing Devita from? Any good sites that sell it cheap?
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:30 am      Reply with quote
iherb.com also carries Devita.

http://www.pratimaskincare.com/neem-vetiver-body-sunscreen
Is also used by quite a few for face and gets excellent reviews.

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Guppy wrote:
Thanks guys. I am going to give Devita a try.

Is this the one you guys have been using for the face: http://www.amazon.com/Devita-Solar-Protective-Moisturizer-SPF/dp/B000Q8R7KW/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1333496488&sr=1-1?

There are two that I have seen floating around and I wanted to ask which one was ideal in my case. Furthermore, where is everyone purchasing Devita from? Any good sites that sell it cheap?

This is the light Devita Rx for acne prone skin; the one you linked to is dewy/ richer. No idea where is cheapest but this seems to be a good discount.
http://www.amazon.com/DeVita-Professional-Skin-Care-Ultra/dp/B001BAFJUY/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1333644034&sr=1-1

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:39 am      Reply with quote
^^ I didn't know that existed. Has anyone else tried & compared it to the others? I notice it contains a lot less of the nutrient goodies, which I'd be sorry to lose out on.

Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:43 am      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
^^ I didn't know that existed. Has anyone else tried & compared it to the others? I notice it contains a lot less of the nutrient goodies, which I'd be sorry to lose out on.

I have it but can only compare it to other people's reviews of the SPF30 stuff, it is very light and very gentle (no issues on my eczematous skin). My next purchase is the Body Block 30 so will review the two together after that.

LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks. I'm particularly interested in the shine factor on oily skins.

Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:58 am      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
Thanks. I'm particularly interested in the shine factor on oily skins.

The product is not oily at all so dries/ absorbs more matte than dewy. I can't tell you whether you will get breakthrough shine during the day because my skin changed from combination/ reactive to normal/ sensitive when I quit harsh surfactants. The Devita doesn't have any ingredients that would form a barrier such as silicones, so I'd imagine breakthrough oiliness is a possibility if you don't use a make up primer. Hopefully someone else will give you a more definitive response.

LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks again! I've asked for feedback in the Products Reviews' Devita thread as well.

I'll just have to give it a try when it comes time. I only use the Devitas on my face (& cheaper ss's for body) so it may be a while!

I use a silicone primer, but still get shine. I was sure my skin had settled down to being more normal, but it seems like its getting oilier again. Will be watching it more carefully in this regard.

Firefox7275
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried DragoN's KinNiaNag serum, LoriA? Many people report a reduction in sebum production.

Cosmetic_Queen

Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I have very oily skin and found two Japanese SS that have worked very well at not exacerbating the oiliness.

Biore UV Perfect Milk
Shiseido Senka

Both are SPF50 - search online for places to order.

Hope that helps!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |