Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Skin care regimens
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jhbuddy
5% products discount

Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Question: Do you use a complete line for your regimen, or do you mix and match?

I'd love to mix and match, but I'm always afraid that products won't co-mingle well if they are from different lines.

Comments?
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:27 am      Reply with quote
jhbuddy,

I have always stuck to using products from just one company. However, since joining this forum, many people have told me that this is not necessary and in fact it is better to pick whatever happens to be the best product for your skin for each part of your routine, regardless of which company it comes from.

But my problem is, is that if I like something then I am desperate to try other products in the range too to see if they are just as good.

My personal choice would be to stick to the same company for my cleanse, (tone) and moisturise products and add other stuff as necessary.

The problem is that most companies recommend you use only their own products. It is difficult to know when to not take this advice.
CharlieBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I'd have to suggest not to limit yourself to one line also. They are way to many outstanding products outthere!

I wouldn't think that you would ever find a sales associate that would suggest that you purchase items from another line.

C.B.
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I agree, every sales would say it's best to use the products from the same line~ but don't trust them, they just want to sell more! I think it's best to use what works well for you.
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I mix and match BUT someone who had acne/breakouts easily or rosacea might want to consider sticking with one line that helps. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
I can see why sticking with one brand would appeal to some. There is such a huge list to choose from its truly mind boggling wondering where to start and what to get. Rolling Eyes

Of course, thanks to EDS and this forum you can of course do a little research first. Well done fellow shoppers for all the advice you've given me over this past 2 weeks.

On a more serious note, its addictive shopping for skin care, and even though the prices on this site are fab I just gotta learn more self control Smile
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Sassyred wrote:
I mix and match BUT someone who had acne/breakouts easily or rosacea might want to consider sticking with one line that helps. Very Happy

I agree with Sassyred. If you have a skin condition it might be best to stick with one line.

I use what works for me. At present: Whole AlphaDerma line,a few JB salon products, Cellular RX C, Derma Butter, Body Deli Masks, Dr. H. Cleansing Cream.
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
As long as you get the results you want, I don't think it really matters if you should stick with a brand or use different products.

Of Course, the gals on this forum have been a big help when i knew nothing about skin/care/products. Very Happy
Mabsy

Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:20 am      Reply with quote
I always mix and match. Each skincare line has some star products and probably some duds (these may be different for each one of us depending on skin type etc). I try to figure out the star products and use a regimen of those regardless of what line they're from.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I definitely mix and match -- it's a bit of a crapshoot sometimes - but eventually I land on something that works really well (and I can't resist trying new things!!)At the moment (and I mean "at the moment") I'm on Cellex C serum 10, Vivier Topical Muscle Relaxant (TMR), B.Kamins Therapeutic Eye Cream and Strivectin SD. Sometimes my menstrual cycle causes wacky skin responses that require product interception too...The Cellex C is the only stuff I am REALLY stuck on...but I've been hearing so many issues around efficacy and stability that I think I'm going to take the plunge and move over to the Vivier C serums..
Pudoodles Very Happy
jhbuddy
5% products discount

Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone! You're giving me courage! I just got some things from Rosa y Fruta (and unlike the majority, I don't really like the way it smells), but I'm going to layer in some of my Murad favorites too.

-Julie
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Enjoy and pamper yourself Julie, you deserve it Razz
jhbuddy
5% products discount

Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Cindi! Hugs to you!
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Shucks!! Embarassed
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |