Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Stretch marks: Does anybody has a great results history?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
getproducts
5% products discount

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Stretch marks: Does anybody has a great results history? I have stretch marks all over my belly. Old - 15 years old. Does anybody have something they tried and works? For sure?
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Nothing will completely get rid of them. But some things can reduce their appearance.

I think that a few ladies on here have had success with dermarolling.. Here's the epic dermarolling thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=33739
getproducts
5% products discount

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Dermaroll? I was hoping there is something else?
I use strivectin all over my body and on my face. Its sooo expensive
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I've heard of others who've had success with fading them by dry brushing. But you need to do it daily for months to see any results. I can never stick to it consistently enough, but when I do do it for a while my skin is baby soft.

Sorry, I know that doesn't help much. Maybe google dry brushing and stretch marks and see what success stories you find.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Check out this thread for other recommendations:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45146&highlight=
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I tried everything, drybrushing, dermarolling, massaging, but I ended up with more stretchmarks now on my tummy. I used to have them only on the lower part on my left side only, but now after all the treatments, I seemed to have brought up the stretchmarks to the belly button area as well. So I stopped doing anything more to it. I don't want more stretchmarks! Embarassed
getproducts
5% products discount

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn, how unfortunate! I had never thought that anti-stretch mark treatments may cause more stretchmarks!
getproducts
5% products discount

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
I've heard of others who've had success with fading them by dry brushing. But you need to do it daily for months to see any results. I can never stick to it consistently enough, but when I do do it for a while my skin is baby soft.

Sorry, I know that doesn't help much. Maybe google dry brushing and stretch marks and see what success stories you find.

I had never heard of dry brushing, I am not great with doing somethig routinely for months, but I guess I can try to do this and see howit is going. So did anyone use a cream that brough any results?
krystile
5% products discount

Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:54 am      Reply with quote
i had some light stretch marks (about 7-8 years old) and have recently started using mamma mio Zap stretch mark cream. Although its still early days yet, I have noticed improvements in the marks. However, i think the effectiveness of the cream is dependent on how deep the stretch marks are.
getproducts
5% products discount

Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Will you give us an update in few weeks?
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:15 am      Reply with quote
krystile wrote:
i had some light stretch marks (about 7-8 years old) and have recently started using mamma mio Zap stretch mark cream. Although its still early days yet, I have noticed improvements in the marks. However, i think the effectiveness of the cream is dependent on how deep the stretch marks are.

krystile,

I always thought that stretch mark creams were more effective on younger stretch marks?
krystile
5% products discount

Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
The creams are more effective then. But still works to lighten older marks provided they're not too deep though. Won't completely get rid if it, but lightens the appearance of it
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
i've tried all the creams, i have old stretch marks. Nothing works.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:

I tend to agree, I never got any on my belly (how I don't know) but did on the breasts with my first child. They fade somewhat with time but my oldest is 31 and I can still see them. The skin "tears" to a certain level and then forms scar tissue. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Try the Skinbiologylcom forum. There may be discussions on stretchmarks there.

5% products discount

Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:

Have you tried the mamma mio cream?
if the marks you have are fairly deep and quite old, then its not going to help much, but i found that mine has lightened in appearance (but it wasnt very deep to start with)
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
krystile wrote:
BCgirl wrote:

Have you tried the mamma mio cream?
if the marks you have are fairly deep and quite old, then its not going to help much, but i found that mine has lightened in appearance (but it wasnt very deep to start with)

Dear krystile,

How many times a day did you apply the Mamma Mio cream, and for how long did you use it?

Did you do anything else while using the cream (such as taking certain vitamins, drinking extra water, etc)?
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Unfortunately, there's nothing that will make stretch marks disappear (yet).
There are a couple of things that have shown modest improvement. These things include:
a. Cream with 70% Glycolic acid (+/- tretinoin)
b. Successive medium-depth peels
c. Lasers (ablative and non-ablative)

I've never been pregnant and still have stretch marks on my inner thighs and breasts Sad

I don't know what the heck I'll do when I'm pregnant... maybe I should consider a gestational carrier Laughing

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
Draculina
5% products discount

Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Ahh dreaded stretch marks! I've tried almost everything to get rid of mine (I have really deep, white stretch marks on my inner thighs, I also have less noticeable ones round my hips). I havent tried laser treatment, or derma rolling, but I doubt I will.

Cocoa butter did nothing for me, and the smell gave me such a headache. Bio oil is SO expensive and I actually think it made things worse, it also smelt pretty bad. Although when you apply products to stretch marks it does generally make them appear worse.

The best thing I have found is to tone the area of stretch marks as much as you can (I know, ugh, exercise >.<) and moisturize EVERYWHERE! I didn't know dry body brushing helped for stretch marks, but this is actually something I started doing a few weeks a go to help with cellulite, and I am noticing a big change in my stretch marks as well. Woo hoo!

Product wise, we dont have any miracle cures yet. A new product out is Johnsons Skin Perfecting Stretch Mark Oil, I have been using this for about 3 weeks and I love it.
krystile
5% products discount

Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
VeronicaM: I applied the cream twice a day, after a shower and massaged it in. On top of that I also still followed my normal moisturising routine as well. I've been using the cream for ~ 3 mths now and have noticed lightening of the marks (but mind you, they were not very deep to start with)
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
krystile,

Have you noticed any other improvements other than lightening of the marks?
krystile
5% products discount

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
its now not as prominent as before... but as an added bonus, i find that my skin is a lot softer and smoother (probably because of all the added moisturising content and attention from massaging the cream in!!) Laughing
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
There seem to be a few success stories on the dermarolling for stretchmarks threat. Single needling seems especially promising.

Has anyone tried to get a tattoo over them? I'm considering it but am scared that the texture will show through and make them even more noticeable (as this would be the area you're drawing attention to).
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Penta,

I'd be apprehensive about tattooing them as well.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
There seem to be a few success stories on the dermarolling for stretchmarks threat. Single needling seems especially promising.

Has anyone tried to get a tattoo over them? I'm considering it but am scared that the texture will show through and make them even more noticeable (as this would be the area you're drawing attention to).

Hey Penta,

I would be concerned about tattooing over any stretch marks also. I know this is from a site that sells some stretch mark creams but it all sounds very logical to me.

Tattoos Tend to Blur over Stretch Marks
Because stretch marked skin is essentially torn skin there are risks in trying to tattoo it. One effect is that the ink tends to bleed a little around the stretch mark area, blurring the design of the tattoo. In fact, this is the most common complaint of people who get tattoos in areas of skin that are stretch marked and you should be aware of this risk. Another complaint is that tattooing stretch marked skin is sometimes a little more painful than tattooing regular skin because the nerve endings are more sensitive. There are tattoo artists who are good at creating tattoos on stretch marked skin. Ask to see results of his or her work if possible before you commit. There are some skilled tattoo artists who can work with you to create a design that will blend with your stretch marks. For example a design with an expanse of color will disguise the blurring more than a detailed design with many fine lines. Some tattoo artists will recommend a glycolic peel or dermabrasion to smooth the skin and rejuvenate skin before getting the tattoo. Other tattoo artists will recommend against tattooing an area with severe stretch marks because they know they cannot guarantee the results.

http://stretchmarkremovalresearch.com/tattoo.html

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |