Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

makeup brushes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
wavagras

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
I'm curious to know what you all feel are the best brushes. Please list the brand and the one item that you cannot do without when applying your makeup/eyeshadow.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:21 am      Reply with quote
I love the sephora collection airbrush set. Its the best set of brushes I've used in a long time. I also have some brushes that I use for eye makeup that I bought at Michaels that I love.

I do think brushes are an individual thing though.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:03 am      Reply with quote
I am loving my Sigma brushes. Not too pricey and great!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Sigma Sigmax series.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
Shadowvenuz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:55 am      Reply with quote
I use this range from Rae Morris. She's a professional makeup artist from Australia.
You can get her brushes from Crown Brush.

The quality of her brushes are very professional and very good though, and may be a little pricey, but makes the makeup strokes very good.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I received a forum gift from EDS on Bare Essentials Mineral makeup and I can tell you that their brushes are really really good.
And Mineral makeup too are really good Smile

wavagras wrote:
I'm curious to know what you all feel are the best brushes. Please list the brand and the one item that you cannot do without when applying your makeup/eyeshadow.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:50 am      Reply with quote
There is older thread with many member's opinions on their favorite makeup brushes/brands.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=35585

5% products discount

Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
idk...I have so many. My Trish McEvoy flat blending brush is a must for me to really blend e/s well.

But I also have brushes from Kevyn Aucoin, Mac, Sonia Kashuk, Elf, Target, EcoTools, Smashbox, Hakudoko (sp?), Valana Minerals and the craft store.
WinterChea
5% products discount

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I love using my Mac and Sephora brushes but also have some great ones from Michaels. I can't remember the brand but look for the ones with the soft bristles.
suzannek
5% products discount

Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:12 am      Reply with quote
I have a ton of brushes, some every expensive, but if you want very good brushes at a reasonable price, I would suggest trying ELF. I purchased an 11 piece set in a great carrying case for around $16 (on sale). Target carries this brand but mine didn't have the brushes so I ordered online.
ErinJoy27
5% products discount

Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I adore ECOTOOLS brushes! They are phenomenal when applying eye makeup, face makeup...I'm particularly smitten with the angled kabuki brush.
Draculina
5% products discount

Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any ideas for brushes I can buy in the UK that are quality and vegan friendly? Also...not ones that are ridiculous prices! Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
I have some Sebastian/Trucco brushes I like, also some Dior brushes I was given by a rep a few years ago- not the ones they have for sale now..but they have metal handles and nice fluffy bristles (the are face powder brushes).
-they may have been meant for disdplay,no too sure.

Makeup Forever is also nice. And from the craft store I have some Masterstroke brand brushes with yellow nylon bristles I really like- they were also only $2 and look like the expensive synthetic brushes sephora sells.

Too Faced Flatbuki is also nice and a vegan brush.
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:01 am      Reply with quote
MAC is good! smooth enough

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I like Sonia Kashuk.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
beauty mask wrote:
MAC is good! smooth enough

I saw during the holidays MAC has some cheaper brush sets that are around $50 for 5 or 6 brushes?
This was at the dept store The Bay (so not online).

The girl at the MAC counter told me those sets were not as good quality. I thought the handles on them looked kind of cheap- some has plastic handles with sparkles in them...

Anyone try any of those special MAC brush sets?
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:15 am      Reply with quote
I love my Mac brushes - but don't buy the sets as they are not of the same quality as the individual ones.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:41 am      Reply with quote
I have read, but is not available in Canada, is Suqqu brushes are really nice. Recently, Chanel released new set of brushes and they are a lot better then the older version.

I have a small set of Chantecaille, and after two years, I find the bristles are falling off gradually. I've never soaked they for a wash.

I might buy Chanel next time, but I am very interested in Suqqu.
amapolita

Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
I have a bunch of brushes, but I am obsessed with the Supernatural for applying powder/liquid foundations or buffing in general. I also recently found that it works well for blush, too.
lucretia_zen
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
MAC are great. They get a good rap!! I also like my Napolean Perdis. I've also heard Sigma are almost as good as MAC and at a much better price point and am about to purchase a few Sigma's myself in the next week or so.

Female, 37, brunette, Fair/medium Skin. European background. Combination skin, that becomes sensitive & reactive when emotionaly & physically stressed & also reacts terribly to heat and wind. Plant your own garden, decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to send you flowers. Smile
advanskin

Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:44 am      Reply with quote
Mac is the best. There are some brushes are under.
MAC 217 Blending Brush
MAC 239 Brush
MAC 219 Pencil Brush,
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Shadowvenuz wrote:
I use this range from Rae Morris. She's a professional makeup artist from Australia.
You can get her brushes from Crown Brush.

The quality of her brushes are very professional and very good though, and may be a little pricey, but makes the makeup strokes very good.

I just discovered Rae Morris on youtube.com and now I want her brushes! The ones I wanted were sold out on her website. I watched her eye makeup and foundation videos and have been experimenting.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I like Makeup Forever brushes, but also like some no name nylon brushes and just picked up a set of 7 "nail brushes" from light in the box.com (a Chinese website) and was specifically looking for some small nylon brushes to use with some small jars and samples and also for too dark makeup.

It is almost impossible to find a small nylon fine fanbrush (I use them for my too dark blushes) and I got some set of brushes for $7 and am quite pleased!

The brushes have white handles and say "Lidan Nail Brush" on them.
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
MAC brushes are my favorite
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Check out brushes at an art supply store.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |