Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
PSF BrowTox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Long time no post ladies & gents and I'm on the scrounge.

Anyone remember this gem? It's been discontinued and if anyone has some tucked away in hidden in the back of the drawer I'll happily take it off your hands.x

OR if anyone can recommend a prodcut that worked as well. Please let me know

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
Long time no post ladies & gents and I'm on the scrounge.

Anyone remember this gem? It's been discontinued and if anyone has some tucked away in hidden in the back of the drawer I'll happily take it off your hands.x

OR if anyone can recommend a prodcut that worked as well. Please let me know

Hi Eve,

I am not familiar with the brow tox, so can you elaborate what it does? Very Happy

Found the ingredients:

Acetyl Hexapeptide-3 (Argireline®) - This peptide inhibits the neuro-receptors in the area to which it is applied. With continued use, it will "turn off" some of the receptors, thus lessening the frequency & severity of unconscious muscle movement of the face (scrunching eyebrows, frowning, etc.) A wonderful non-invasive alternative to cosmetic injections.

Curare Extract - This vine found in the Amazonian Rainforest has been used for years by hunters & medicine men. When applied topically it can relax, within minutes, muscles contractions in the face that contribute to deep lines & wrinkles.

Hyaluronic Acid - One of the most effective super-moisturizers known to modern science. Capable of holding 1,000 times its molecular weight in water, it hyperhydrates skin cells to "plump up" fine lines & wrinkles, leaving behind smoother, younger looking skin.

Galangal Root Extract - Known for its remarkable abilities for firming & toning the skin.

Hyaluronic Acid Solution (Distilled Water, Sodium Hyaluronate), Propylene Glycol (from Seaweed), Acetyl Hexapeptide-3 (Argireline®), Chondrodendron tomentosum (Curare) Extract Serial Dilution, Alpina officinarum (Galangal Root) Extract, Fucus Vesiculosis (Seaweed) Extract, Saccaromyces Lysate (Yeast Lysate) Extract, Sodium Lactate, Carbomer, Methylpropylparaben

Acetyl Hexapeptide-3 (Argireline®), and Chondrodendron tomentosum (Curare) Extract both "relax muscles" I am not sure if the curare extract is an issue?
There are many products with both Argireline (controversial) and Matrixyl which has the same effect.

Link for many products that contain one or both:

http://www.bizrate.com/skincare-products/products-with-argireline/

I know Isomers also makes serums with both. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Eve - before using Browtox please read an earlier post by cloe, as she had a nasty experience with it.
Browtox contains CURARE (an arrow poison}, or it did in 2007, which is when cloe posted. It might have been omitted from the formula since then...or not!
Curare has the ability to penetrate the skin barrier and seep into the blood stream, where it can damage the internal organs.

Just trying to cheer you up! lol
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Holmes wrote:
Eve - before using Browtox please read an earlier post by cloe, as she had a nasty experience with it.
Browtox contains CURARE (an arrow poison}, or it did in 2007, which is when cloe posted. It might have been omitted from the formula since then...or not!
Curare has the ability to penetrate the skin barrier and seep into the blood stream, where it can damage the internal organs.

Just trying to cheer you up! lol

I was thinking that might have been an issue, and Acetyl Hexapeptide-3 (Argireline®) has caused some to report drooping with continued usage?

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |