Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Pro-Derm TerreusMasque (125 ml) Skin Tx 1% Retinol SR (30 ml / 1 floz)
Allergies and skin redness what is good for body products?

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:07 am      Reply with quote
I have a somewhat complicated issue.
I know I have some allergies and inflamation and sometimes that just shows up on my skin.
Recently I took some antibiotics and I'm pretty sure that is what has made my skin red in some spots.

Right now I've been using fragrance free everything and that does help.
But I still have some stubborn redness that is very itchy on my legs that is taking forever to go away.

I have gone to the doctor and that is just useless for me. They will just tell me to use Cortisone cream...and that actually make my skin feel like it burns and their solution to that??
Use a stronger cortisone cream (rolls eyes).

What would be a good moisturizing product to use during the day (or night).

Right now I am using Cetaphil as a body wash sometimes and other times a fragrance free oatmeal soap and those are ok.

Afterwards I tried Aveno (made me itchy).
Derma E fragrance free (nice but still some redness).

Some Aloe body oil- that made my skin much less dry but still a few red dry spots.
-I can't get this body oil easily right now, so am looking for something else to use.

So far from EDS I was about to buy the Juice beauty body oil..but it is no longer listed online (it was there yesterday)?

Maybe trying the Russel organics pure Shea butter?

Not too sure what else to try.
I had some Emu oil here and that was ok too.
But considering I have to apply this to my knees,ankles and the sides of my legs (and elbows)- it is not very affordable.

I just remembered reading about how some people are using coconut oil or coconut butter.
has anyone tried this?
I know the health food store sells some that is organic meant more for cooking-but I'm sure it is ok to put on the body too?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I have heard very good things about this product for what you are experiencing, it has cortizone but is mixed with natural soothing butters ect.

FixMySkin Body Balm is easy to use and convenient, too.

This unscented, jumbo balm stick is larger than a lip balm, making it quick and easy to apply to your hands, elbows, heels and more.
But, the FixMySkin Body Balm also fits neatly in your tote or bag – it’s less than three ounces – so it’s convenient to take to the office, on the road, on a plane or just around town.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:51 am      Reply with quote
IMO stop using any sulphate surfactants or alkaline soaps on your body, these are proven to damage the skin barrier which leaves you vulnerable to irritation from other products, even irritation from the fluoride and chlorine in tap water! This includes not allowing shampoo bubbles to wash over your body in the shower.

Moisturiser-wise consider a product that contains the lipids and/ or humectants naturally found in the skin barrier. These include cholesterol, ceramides, long chain saturates (stearic and palmitic acid), urea, lactic acid, glycosaminoglycans, amino acids. Natural ingredients that supply these include medical/ cosmetic grade lanolin, unrefined shea butter (West African not East), lecithin, high strength aloe vera gel. A combination of humectant and lipid is best absorbed and most effective, either in the form of a commercial moisturiser or you can make shea-aloe butter.

IMO limit or avoid any oils that are rich in oleic acid because research suggests this may contribute to irritation and abnormal keratinisation. These oils include olive, avocado, emu and almond. Other oils such as coconut will certainly act as an occlusive (barrier) but won't directly improve the health of the skin. Some people with eczematous/ atopic skin benefit from the GLA in borage oil, it is thought these people have a genetic 'fault' such that they cannot properly convert dietary LA to GLA.

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
SSamantha

Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Use Rose Body Butter. It is Luxurious natural body butter scented with Rose good for nourishing and soothing the skin. Apply as often as needed by rubbing all over the body for extra nourishment.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:26 am      Reply with quote
Another thought that may help on a systemic level are you taking any probiotics? The Antibiotics usually throw off our good/bad microbe balance. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:51 am      Reply with quote
My son use coconut oil and it is good for him.
However it is not very useful for my allergy skin. It may be not suitable for everyone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Another thought that may help on a systemic level are you taking any probiotics? The Antibiotics usually throw off our good/bad microbe balance. Smile

Nope, not taking any.
I did eat some yogurt that is organic and has probiotics though- but doubt that is good enough.

I will remember to pick up some capsules at the store today.
I know antibiotics throw off microbe balance and totally "forgot" about that.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Nope, not taking any.
I did eat some yogurt that is organic and has probiotics though- but doubt that is good enough.

I am big on probiotics, any time I have to take antibiotics I load up to avoid the dreaded yeast infection! Laughing
I take one daily anyway... Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:45 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Nope, not taking any.

I am big on probiotics, any time I have to take antibiotics I load up to avoid the dreaded yeast infection! Laughing

I just remembered I have been taking Priori skin supplement and there is probiotics in that.
but doubt I will buy that specific product as I do not "need" it (got it for free).

I will make a note to get some regular probiotics at the store this weekend!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Nope, not taking any.

I just remembered I have been taking Priori skin supplement and there is probiotics in that.
but doubt I will buy that specific product as I do not "need" it (got it for free).

I will make a note to get some regular probiotics at the store this weekend!

I find they keep all our flora and fauna in balance, and help correct if something throws it out of whack. Very Happy

Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Beauty Bag for Dry Skin (5 items) Decleor Box of Secrets Beauty Powernap Gift Set (3 items) BDB Best Sellers Kit (5 items)