Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermarolling Back In the News
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Apparently, the big annual Dermatology conference took place a couple weeks ago and this product made quite a splash:
www.dermapen.com

The video link on the site is very informative and worth a view, IMO.

We have discussed this item here before...but I guess there's more buzz going since I've seen two more news items this morning.

I can certainly understand why a cosmetic professional would want a cheaper (fewer rollers to purchase) and faster (the design of the unit makes the process go faster) would want to incorporate one of these in their practice, but I doubt it would yet be cost effective for the average consumer.

Nevertheless, often these will trickle down.

I would choose this over a laser treatment any day and it should be cheaper.

BFG - still thinking the plain old roller is ingeniously simple.
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:53 am      Reply with quote
how many needles does it contain? if it's anything like the dermastamp, I don't know how effective it would be at getting all the needles to penetrate the skin fully.

Having used the roller, the stamp and the single needle - the best by far is the needle.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I want one. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
onmyboat wrote:
how many needles does it contain? if it's anything like the dermastamp, I don't know how effective it would be at getting all the needles to penetrate the skin fully.

Having used the roller, the stamp and the single needle - the best by far is the needle.

The only Specs. I can find on the site are:

Product Specifications
Function - Fractional Micro-Needle Skin Therapy System
Input Power - 5V=100mA, 12VA
Adapter - AC100-240V, 50-60Hz
Dimensions - Hand-piece 20X20X140 (mm)
Weight - Total / 555g, Hand-piece/82g
Depth - Ranges from 0.25, 0.5 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 2.5 (mm)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=44852&highlight=dermapen

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
I watched the video on the link before posting it.

I think there's a close up in the video that shows how many needles are on the tip of the machine...

Wish I had some licensed esthetician friends!

BFG
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, there are a few videos on the site, I just watched a different one - 11 needles.

I hope Keliu sees this. They are combining it with PRP. (see site for more info).

BFG
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
If it can reduce the pain I get trying to needle my upper lip lines - I'd buy one!!

It's really a good idea - varying needle depth and changing out the needle cartridge along w/ a spring loaded stamping mechanism. I do wonder about its cost, though.....

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
That's interesting. If it's 11 needles and the the mechanism is sturdy, I would definitely consider getting one. Shame that it's only available for doctors. Although, that makes no sense since you can buy a dermastamp and this is essentially a mechanized dermastamp, though I guess they wouldn't making as much money if this was sold to laymen.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Psychologically, I admit to having trouble with the idea of *physically* moving the roller needles into the my skin - it goes against the whole human idea of not intentionally inflicting pain on oneself, lol.

I do it, but it does creep me out on a certain level.

But...if a machine such as this one, did it for me just by holding it next to my skin, for some reason, that just seems easier.

Sounds weird I know.

BFG
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I get what you're saying, and I think a mechanic pen would be quicker, but at the same time, when you're jabbing yourself you kinda expect it and brace yourself... whereas with with the pen, something else is controlling when you get jabbed which would probably make it more uneasy at first. I don't know if that makes sense.
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Also, and i don't know if anyone else gets this, but when I single needle, I manage to hit a lot of veins. Obviously the sharp pain makes me back off of that patch of skin but imagine if you hit that poor vein with 11 needles at the same time. Shock
felixia
5% products discount

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I'm too new to post links, but just to let you know, there is a personal version of the dermapen for home use.

The equipmed dot com site has further information under the "cosmetics" tab.

The price sticks in my mind as about 1200USD but I can't remember where I got that from, sorry - best check with equipmed if you're interested.

As for me, I stick with sarah vaughter's advice and stay with good old-fashioned rollers for now.

And yes - I also find especially with 1.0 or 1.5 it goes completely contrary to human instincts to do this to myself...but some things just have to be done Confused Bad Grin
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I am fairly certain that it isn't for sale for the "lay" person. When I checked into it before (see link that Lacy posted), I got an email back that it was for professional use, not personal use. They may have changed their tune, though.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Seems like the regular dermaroller would be faster because you can cover more area. I've been meaning to get back to my dermarolling. Haven't done it for a year.
felixia
5% products discount

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I am fairly certain that it isn't for sale for the "lay" person. When I checked into it before (see link that Lacy posted), I got an email back that it was for professional use, not personal use. They may have changed their tune, though.

Sorry I wasn't clearer - you are absolutely right that the product advertised on the dermapen-dot-com website is not for sale to a layperson. That product looks like the Dermapen "Medical" (black tip) version.

However, Dermapen apparently makes 3 different Dermapen products for different markets:

1. Dermapan Medical (black tip)
2. Dermapen Professional (blue tip)
3. Dermapen Personal (red tip)

The dermapen-dot-com site only advertises the Dermapen Medical which is for the trained medical professional market. It does not deal with the other 2 products (Professional and Personal versions).

On the www-equipmed-dot-com site though (click tab "cosmetics" then through the dermapen logo), all 3 products are shown.

Dermapen Medical is again stated for physician/trained professional use,
Dermapen Professional = salon use and
Dermapen Personal is stated for home or salon use.

How the "Personal" version is actually distributed I don't know though...but it sure seems that no training is required for "Personal" and equipmed is a credible company that's been around a while... In any event, I'm sticking to my rollers because the potential dermapen downsides (mentioned in the other thread you linked to - thanks a lot) could be applicable to all versions...

Sorry I was unclear - I'm actually kind of shocked that this would be available for home use Shock

HTH.
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Something about poking holes in your face sounds scary to me. It makes me think of a medieval torture device. Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
felixia wrote:

Sorry I was unclear - I'm actually kind of shocked that this would be available for home use Shock

HTH.

Hi, felixia. I think we posted at the same time, as I didn't see your post until after I replied! Thanks for the info on the personal version!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Elvisshops wrote:
Something about poking holes in your face sounds scary to me. It makes me think of a medieval torture device. Smile

That was my exact reaction when I first saw these rollers, but the pictures are blown up so we can see the details.....I haven't ventured into rolling yet but it is not as frightening to me as when I first joined! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:43 am      Reply with quote
I know I keep repeating myself, but watching the videos both on the site and on YouTube is very informative about this product....

They answer most of the questions in this thread.

Thanks for the reference to the other models.

yeah, kinda wacky eh to stick ourselves with needles? but hey we're already rubbing various magic creams into our skins, moving voodoo electronic gadgets over our faces, pouring acid on our skin - so after all that, who's afraid of a few little needles... Laughing

BFG
MidnightSunBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:49 am      Reply with quote
I just bought a dermaroller off ebay just to try. What dermaroller do you suggest for long term use?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:14 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I know I keep repeating myself, but watching the videos both on the site and on YouTube is very informative about this product....

They answer most of the questions in this thread.

Thanks for the reference to the other models.

yeah, kinda wacky eh to stick ourselves with needles? but hey we're already rubbing various magic creams into our skins, moving voodoo electronic gadgets over our faces, pouring acid on our skin - so after all that, who's afraid of a few little needles... Laughing

BFG

LOL. That is so true BFG, it is those huge pictures we can find online that put "medieval torture devic" into my mind at first look! Bad Grin

5% products discount

Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I am new here, just joined today. Very Happy

I have been reading post after post about dermarollers (yikes, there sure are ALOT of posts in regard to them, lol) and although I am "learning the ropes" about them I am still uber-confused about a few things.

First of all, needle lengths; are there any recommendations as to what needle lengths are best to start out with (I've never rolled before) and, if it is necessary to start out with shorter needles will they actually do a good job? I'm not exactly keen on stabbing myself with the longer length needles but, then again, I can be a little impatient at times so I would be willing to give the longer ones a try "right from the start" if I felt they would give me better results faster.

In addition, I have also heard that the longer needles should only be used by professionals so this is another thing that stumps me as I have read various things about NON-professionals using the longer needles, themselves, at home. Is it okay to actually use these longer needles as a home routine if you are inexperienced or...?

As for what I want to use the dermaroller(s) for -- I would like to use it/them on both my face and stomach. My face has very few wrinkles but I do have some ruddiness and dark spots on it that kind of bother me so if I could help dimish their appearance I would be thrilled.

In regard to my stomach my goal is to see what I can do to diminish (or better yet, get rid of completely) my stretch marks. Some are rather skinny and not to deep while others are much larger and deeper. However, none are purplish or red in color but rather silvery-white.

Anyway, I guess my main question is: what roller(s)/needle lengths would one recommend to me for;

1) My face
2) My stomach

Also, as silly as this question may sound, can someone tell me where to go to actually buy these things? I mean, I do know there are various places that they are sold but I just don't know how to "weed out" the good sites (legit ones) from the bad (phoney sites) so I'm afraid to make purchases from just any ol' site. Are the rollers that some folks buy from places like Ebay really "legit" rollers? I don't know why but I have this intense fear of buying one that may end up being fake/contaminated/junkie/etc and this frightens me off from actually making a purchase. I guess what I am really trying to say is that I am hoping to purchase roller(s) that are both decently priced while still being safe-for-use at the same time.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can share with me.

Oh, and I'm a 45 year old, caucasian female, if that makes any difference.

Thanks again, everyone!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
KrazyKanuck wrote:
Hi everyone, I am new here, just joined today. Very Happy

I have been reading post after post about dermarollers (yikes, there sure are ALOT of posts in regard to them, lol) and although I am "learning the ropes" about them I am still uber-confused about a few things.

First of all, needle lengths; are there any recommendations as to what needle lengths are best to start out with (I've never rolled before) and, if it is necessary to start out with shorter needles will they actually do a good job? I'm not exactly keen on stabbing myself with the longer length needles but, then again, I can be a little impatient at times so I would be willing to give the longer ones a try "right from the start" if I felt they would give me better results faster.

In addition, I have also heard that the longer needles should only be used by professionals so this is another thing that stumps me as I have read various things about NON-professionals using the longer needles, themselves, at home. Is it okay to actually use these longer needles as a home routine if you are inexperienced or...?

As for what I want to use the dermaroller(s) for -- I would like to use it/them on both my face and stomach. My face has very few wrinkles but I do have some ruddiness and dark spots on it that kind of bother me so if I could help dimish their appearance I would be thrilled.

In regard to my stomach my goal is to see what I can do to diminish (or better yet, get rid of completely) my stretch marks. Some are rather skinny and not to deep while others are much larger and deeper. However, none are purplish or red in color but rather silvery-white.

Anyway, I guess my main question is: what roller(s)/needle lengths would one recommend to me for;

1) My face
2) My stomach

Also, as silly as this question may sound, can someone tell me where to go to actually buy these things? I mean, I do know there are various places that they are sold but I just don't know how to "weed out" the good sites (legit ones) from the bad (phoney sites) so I'm afraid to make purchases from just any ol' site. Are the rollers that some folks buy from places like Ebay really "legit" rollers? I don't know why but I have this intense fear of buying one that may end up being fake/contaminated/junkie/etc and this frightens me off from actually making a purchase. I guess what I am really trying to say is that I am hoping to purchase roller(s) that are both decently priced while still being safe-for-use at the same time.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can share with me.

Oh, and I'm a 45 year old, caucasian female, if that makes any difference.

Thanks again, everyone!

I think you will find you the expert rollers here will be more than happy to answer your questions if posted on one of these two threads, It may take a bit of time as not all members are here all of the time.
Also if you look at the bottom of the thread you can click watch this topic, and get email notices once another posts.

Welcome to EDS! Very Happy

DermaRoller 182 pages

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22460

Dermarolling for Product Penetration ONLY 87 pages

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36278

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:01 am      Reply with quote
I have learned from a Dermapen rep that the pen sold for personal use (the one seen on equipmed) is only currently available in Australia, but will be rolled out for personal use in the US later this year.

I have studied all three models and I swear, I can't see a difference but for the color of the pen itself!

As far as Bellaire's version? I have been in contact with them also...I just don't get a good feeling about the fact that they don't provide many (some might argue, any) details about their own product - no videos, no brochures, few specs.

BFG
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |