Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cellese AnteAGE System: general discussion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Several people asked me about what essential oils are in the accelerator. Turns out the answer is none. The label contains a mistake, traced back to the factory. We will be correcting that shortly. Meanwhile, sorry for the confusion.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:41 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Several people asked me about what essential oils are in the accelerator. Turns out the answer is none. The label contains a mistake, traced back to the factory. We will be correcting that shortly. Meanwhile, sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for the update...and you are forgiven! Laughing You know I am joking about that last part, your correction is very much appreciated!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:45 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:

Actually Dr. J the ingredients list says there are essential oils in the serum as well as the accelerator. Are you saying that there are not any EOs in the serum too?
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
DrJ wrote:

Actually Dr. J the ingredients list says there are essential oils in the serum as well as the accelerator. Are you saying that there are not any EOs in the serum too?

Yes - not present in either one. (you can always add your own if you want some).
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
I think I am all caught up on questions, except this one from Kassy .. What definitive skin improvements could the average 40, 50 & 60 year old expect to see after say, 1 year of committed use? I ask this so I can make a comparison to whether or not it can do more for me than the Vitamin C serum & Retin-A have continually done for me. (I spend about $50. per year on these products.)

Good question. I think you should have a look at the AnteAGE clinical trial results.

http://anteage.com/anteage-clinical-trial/

Additional info: The age distribution of the population in the study was primarily 40's, 50's, and 60's. The benefits were really the same across the age spectrum, in terms of the 12 parameters measured. In terms of the degree of improvement,

0 worse with AnteAGE
1 no improvement
2 minor improvement
3 moderate improvement
4 considerable improvement
5 remarkable improvement

if we look across an age spectrum and take an average across parameters, we see average scores of 4.4 in the 40's, 4.0 in the 50's, and 3.5 in the 60's. I think this means there is more work for any product to do the older the person is at the start.

It's always hard to compare one product to another unless you do a test with a large number of people. And of course each person is a bit different. I would point out that we provide not just a retinoid and Vit C, but a host of other proven actives, plus the superhero ingredient stem cytokines.

Hope this helps.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Well that makes it 'clinically proven' doesn't it?
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:

Funny. An artist made a banner ad for us that had "clinically proven" on it. I said "no, I have been advised that is the wrong thing to say". See, you folks do make a difference.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Lotusesther wrote:

Funny. An artist made a banner ad for us that had "clinically proven" on it. I said "no, I have been advised that is the wrong thing to say". See, you folks do make a difference.

Where do we send the invoice for all the free advice we've been giving? Laughing
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Where do we send the invoice for all the free advice we've been giving? Laughing

Heavens!! Don't give DrJ any more ideas!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
I think I am all caught up on questions, except this one from Kassy .. What definitive skin improvements could the average 40, 50 & 60 year old expect to see after say, 1 year of committed use? I ask this so I can make a comparison to whether or not it can do more for me than the Vitamin C serum & Retin-A have continually done for me. (I spend about $50. per year on these products.)

Good question. I think you should have a look at the AnteAGE clinical trial results.

http://anteage.com/anteage-clinical-trial/

Thanks so much Dr J for answering my questions... Will you indulge me just once more.. Laughing

Consistent use of Vitamin C Serum, Retin-A and AHA's have my 62 year old skin in really great, glowing and plump condition. Albeit a little lower face sag, I really have no complaints. In fact, my skin turnover seems better now than it was 20 years ago when I didn't use any products whatsoever....

Soooo, could you please tell me what additional improvements I could expect to achieve by adding your serums to my regime? I'm particularly interested in it's ability (or lack there of) in skin firming.

I thank you for the link to the reviews, but after 5 years at EDS, I've learned NOT to put much weight in them. (I've jumped on too many disappointing bandwagons based on reviews + clinical trials Embarassed ) I will definitely look forward to the input here at EDS 3 months from now though!

Thanks again DrJ.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Did anyone catch the pie charts on Cellese? (link Dr J provided above)

For the "self" rated improvement 24% gave themselves extraordinary results and and 15% gave themselves remarkable results.

In the professional assessment pie chart, 36% (the majority) had moderate improvement.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Did anyone catch the pie charts on Cellese? (link Dr J provided above)

For the "self" rated improvement 24% gave themselves extraordinary results and and 15% gave themselves remarkable results.

In the professional assessment pie chart, 36% (the majority) had moderate improvement.

Looked at another way, the professional reviewers found that 53% of the participants had moderate or better results while 57% percent of the participants said they had moderate or better results. And the professionals found that only 3% of the participants showed no improvement compared to 5% of the participants who said they showed no improvement.

I think this is going to be like all products. It works for some people but not for everyone.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
I just had a thought while reading about pie charts, improvements and such.

If 100 people with dry skin applied Vaseline, 100 people would be claiming improvement the next day...

So what? Confused

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

I think this is going to be like all products. It works for some people but not for everyone.

Agree!

Also, one thing that was a little disappointing to see was the bar graph with the fine and deep lines showing the lowest % of improvement (on the professional assessment side).
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
I just realized that the pie charts do not add up to 100%. Dr. J what is that about? The profesional chart adds up to 74% and the user chart adds up to 77% yet they are made to look like they add up to 100%.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

If 100 people with dry skin applied Vaseline, 100 people would be claiming improvement the next day...

So what? Confused

LOL. I have learned to take the personal assessment claims with a huge grain of salt. Rose colored glasses (and positive attitudes) play a major role when assessing ourselves! Laughing
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

So what? Confused

You would be proving that Vaseline improves dry skin. I think it's possible that not everyone would experience an improvement in their dry skin from using Vaseline.

Same thing with Dr. J's product. Some people experienced an improvement in age spots so it proves that it helps reduce age spots in SOME people.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
With regard to the clinical trial results and the subjective results from users - why aren't there definitive, objective, medical results that can be measured in a scientific, biological manner rather than people noticed minor improvement/remarkable improvement?

Given that this product uses cytokines which are supposed to cause a biological reaction in the body - I would like to see a measurement of those biological reactions.

For example, if this was a trial on how stem cell therapy improved spinal injuries - subjective results would be of no interest to the scientific community. If the patient were to say after one month of therapy that there was an improvement in pain or movement that would be great. But surely the scientists concerned would be more interested in looking at what was happening to the body on a physiological/biological basis.

Can't this analogy be applied to stem cell face serums?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
With regard to the clinical trial results and the subjective results from users - why aren't there definitive, objective, medical results that can be measured in a scientific, biological manner rather than people noticed minor improvement/remarkable improvement?

Given that this product uses cytokines which are supposed to cause a biological reaction in the body - I would like to see a measurement of those biological reactions.

For example, if this was a trial on how stem cell therapy improved spinal injuries - subjective results would be of no interest to the scientific community. If the patient were to say after one month of therapy that there was an improvement in pain or movement that would be great. But surely the scientists concerned would be more interested in looking at what was happening to the body on a physiological/biological basis.

Can't this analogy be applied to stem cell face serums?

We have lots more data. Scientific publications often restrict what you can report before it gets published. They want it copyrighted exclusively to them (so they can make money selling publications with exclusive stuff in it). So I am restricted ion what I can share. Although what has been shared is both objective and subjective data.

I can however point you to published data relating to stem cells, cytokines, their effects, how they work. We didn't invent cytokines, we just figured out better ways to get them in the right patterns.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
I just realized that the pie charts do not add up to 100%. Dr. J what is that about? The profesional chart adds up to 74% and the user chart adds up to 77% yet they are made to look like they add up to 100%.

Artist mess up. I'll get them to put the real ones up there. Good math skills!
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
jom wrote:

Agree!

Also, one thing that was a little disappointing to see was the bar graph with the fine and deep lines showing the lowest % of improvement (on the professional assessment side).

Keep in mind the study lasted 6-8 weeks. maximal effects shouldn't really take place for 4-6 months. It takes time to build new collagen fibers & break up bad cross links.

If anyone reports fantastic results in eliminating wrinkles (rhytids) after a few weeks of any product don't believe it. Physiologically just not in the cards. We were surprised the results were as good as they were.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

So what? Confused

You would be proving that Vaseline improves dry skin. I think it's possible that not everyone would experience an improvement in their dry skin from using Vaseline.

Same thing with Dr. J's product. Some people experienced an improvement in age spots so it proves that it helps reduce age spots in SOME people.

Vaseline does hydrtae skin. Just before it clogs your pores and causes acne & inflammation.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
jom wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

So what? Confused

Vaseline does hydrtae skin. Just before it clogs your pores and causes acne & inflammation.

My point was clearly missed which was that even folks using the cheapest, crappiest products, could see some sort of improvements. Pie chart, shmie chart...

In any event, I'm sure you have your hands full now with both the "artist" and "factory" glitches, but I will look forward to the answer to my above question whenever you have a chance..

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:

I believe mineral oil is one of those ingredients which is maligned without any real evidence.

Here is some myth busting info:
http://thebeautybrains.com/2006/11/28/the-top-5-myths-about-mineral-oil-part-1/

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/definition/963/mineral-oil.aspx

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
jom wrote:

Artist mess up. I'll get them to put the real ones up there. Good math skills!

I hope you don't mind Dr. J but I have a couple of other suggestions. I'm a researcher too so I'm used to colloborating with people on data analysis and presentation so I just thought I'd give you some feedback on the other two graphs that you have on the website. The x-axis labels should be the same in both graphs and they should match the text you have in the boxes listing the 12 parameters. Just for consistency purposes. The y-axis values should be 0-100% in both graphs. This would allow more room for the x-axis labels in the "professional ratings" graph and would allow for a better comparison.

Just my 2 cents! Hope you don't mind. I've also launched a website before and maintain one so I know how nervewracking it can be.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |