Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tips for hiding Obagi face
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Jazz

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I've just started the Obagi NuDerm system and in the red peeling face stage at day 5. I'm going to stick it out and don't want to delay things too much but on the other hand, from reading the other threads, I think there's a real need for people who need to make the Obagi red peeling face look as OK as possible for work or an important occasion, so I thought it might be fun to have a thread where we compile our tips.

This is my deal - I'm Asian, have never had sensitive skin. Have combination/oily skin, some pigmentation and acne scarring, really want the perfect Obagi skin. Am doing the full routine without Sunfader. Most of the time I just deal with the redness and peeling but sometimes, like last night, I had a nice dinner and wanted to not look like I had a major disease.

Here are the things that are working for me so far:

1)Clarisonic Mia. I would not be able to do Obagi without this. I've already been using the Mia for a few years and it's fantastic, really improved my skin, taken away fine lines, but it can only go so far, which is why I decided to do Obagi. If I use the Mia, I can get rid of most of the peeling, at least for a few hours and I feel like it helps the Obagi be more effective. I use the normal brush, not the sensitive one.

2)Makeup Forever HD Primer in Green. This won't completely get rid of the redness but it takes the worst of it off for me. The thing is you need your face to be really well exfoliated before using this because otherwise, you'll have clumps of skin with a green tint hanging onto your face but if you get rid of most of the flakes, this stuff will reduce the redness by about a shade or two. I've found that my skin looks better with just this and no foundation on top.

3)One big problem for me is that I put on the products in the morning at about 7am and can manage to look OK for a few hours but by 3pm on, my face is a mess - red and really peeling with big flakes and chunks. I don't do this everyday but when I really have something important then, what I do is I use the Clarisonic Mia and wash my face to get rid of the flakes, but DON'T put on the evening products yet. The reason for this is that I read a derm posting in another thread that the tretinoin will degrade even in indoor light, so I don't want to risk this. I make myself look as normal as possible, go out and do my thing. It means I don't have Obagi products on for a couple of hours. When I get home, I do the full routine then go to bed. I imagine this might delay my results a bit but I figure it's only a few hours once in a while, the morning products have had the whole day to sink in and it's worth it to me when I have that occasional late afternoon/evening thing where I don't want to fend off questions about my face.

That's it for me. I don't manage to get my face to normal but to the point where it looks like I've got some dry skin (instead of a major disease, the way I do without trying Wink )! I'm only at the beginning, though, so it may get to the point where the redness, etc. get really out of control. I'll have to see. I am really excited to keep up the program, though, because after I've used the Clarisonic and if I ignore the redness, I can see that the smooth skin is already looking better.

Hope this helps someone and would love to hear any thoughts/tips you all have!
jasonsmith

Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:26 am      Reply with quote
thank you for your sharing.i will have a try.
Jazz

Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I've also started carrying around a big powder brush, only I use it to dust flakey skin off my face! Works better at making me look normal than rubbing with fingers.

On day 9 now, redness and flaking seem to be constant. Have moments of seeing bits of super smooth skin before it all starts to peel again! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |