Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any "must haves" from Australia?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:12 am      Reply with quote
My sister who lives in Australia asked me if I wanted anything from there. Any suggestions for skincare products?tia Smile
Mabsy

Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:07 am      Reply with quote
Two that come to mind are Jurlique and Aesop. I like Jurlique but have not tried Aesop (just heard raves about it). There's also Bloom for makeup - it's very popular although over-rated IMO Embarassed Their lip brush is great though! Smile
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:41 am      Reply with quote
Thumbs up for Jurlique! I am just getting into that after somehow ignoring it on the shelves for years, goodness knows why Smile
Miessence and Eleusian are other natural based brands out here that are really nice to use and are effective( and not TOO outlandishly expensive, mid range)... both have websites of their own to look at. ( just their names plus .com.au )

Beta Alistene comes from Australia too... there has been a thing on our TV about one particular product of theirs ( Rocket Science Age Delete) that is supposed to actually work. I havent tried that one though.

Kosmea is another nice natural based ( on rosehip) brand that actually hails from my own city of Adelaide ( is available very readily in chemists and health food stores Aussie wide) .... this one has recently been all updated in formulas and presentation ( for the better) and has a LOT of people hooked on their Rosehip Oil and they also have a new Rosehip Serum ( which I really love) This brand has improved a lot recently and is popular.www.kosmea.com.au

Ooh there are lots more ... Mirenesse brand make up ( and they do very nice skincare too)... I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE Mirenesse. They also have a websitewww.mirenesse.com.au
Thats a few more for you anyway! Very Happy
Mabsy

Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:55 am      Reply with quote
How could I forget Kosmea and Mirenesse! My bad! Embarassed

Both the Kosmea SPF30 Mositurising Lotion and the Rosehip Serum are fantastic! I love Mirenesse eyeshadows they're wonderfully pigmented and blend really easily
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:20 am      Reply with quote
Mirenesse always feels like you are using something totally luxurious... very plush packaging, elegant. I like Matte Silk Foundation very much too... keeps the oil at bay a bit longer...and doesnt go cakey. Smile
I notice TVSN ( the Foxtel shopping channel) has it back again, they had it till 2001 and then it disappeared but I found other places to get it in the meantime. Pleased about that!
( can you tell, I just worked out tonight how to add emoticons! duh...oh one more.. Rolling Eyes)
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I didn’t know Jurlique was an Aussie company! As a matter of fact, I’m going to my local beauty/skincare boutique after work to pick up their “Lip Care Balm” (has anyone tried this, BTW? Is it any good? Feedback needed ASAP, please!!) which I was eyeballing the last time I was there and have been thinking it was something that I desperately needed to have ever since!! I want to get both the Decleor Aromessence Lip Balm and the Jurlique and see which one I like better (the other one will be returned, of course! Bad Grin )....

I’ve tried the Mirenesse Secret Weapon mascara and some of their lipsticks and one of their glosses. They were okay, but nothing that I’d bother to reorder. I *was* intrigued by some of their nail polish colors, though. I really wanted to order a couple of the shades (I absolutely a-d-o-r-e orangey/peachy/coral nail polishes during the summer!), but before I could do it, the Mirenesse website got blocked at work (meaning I get a “surf control - warning: sexual content” message when I try to access their site!! Shock I get the same thing when I try to accesswww.ulta.com (U.S. store carrying most salon haircare lines, every fragrance you can think of, several ‘prestige’ cosmetic/skincare lines and just about every single ‘drugstore’ cosmetic/skincare/haircare product you can imagine)...the only thing obscene about Ulta is the amount of money I can spend every time I go there!! Unfortunately, my PC died at home so the only place I can go online these days is from work. Thank God they haven’t blocked EDS or Sephora!!
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Jurlique DAY CARE FACE LOTION
excellent light non-greasy and the smell.
Also try the Jurlique Herbal Recovery Mist for your skin type. I've been thinking about trying the oily/ps type out.
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Now to decide what I want... Drool
I, also didn't know Jurlique was an Australian company. Embarassed
Mabsy

Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie - sorry forgot to answer your question about the Jurlique lip balm - haven't tried it though Embarassed If you try it please let us know what you think.

Regarding Mirenesse - I don't like their mascara - the Blinc Kiss Me is miles better than the Mirenesse. I have also been *very* disappointed with their nailpolish. I still have one left but it flakes off in a matter of days! I was not impressed given the price I paid! Confused Their lipsticks are ok, but nothing too special IMO. But I really *really* love their eyeshadows Cool

carekate wrote:
has anyone tried this, BTW? Is it any good? Feedback needed ASAP, please
I’ve tried the Mirenesse Secret Weapon mascara and some of their lipsticks and one of their glosses. They were okay, but nothing that I’d bother to reorder. I *was* intrigued by some of their nail polish colors, though.
rosewater
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:38 am      Reply with quote
Two Australian beauty companies come to mind, The Perfect Potion and Beauty and the Bees.

The Perfect Potion's products are based on aromatherapy. Amongst many cool products, I highly recommend their Rosewater Eye Gel Cool So soothing and cooling on puffy eyes

Beauty and the Bees are a Tasmanian company and make gorgeous products with Tasmanian Leatherwood honey in them. My favourite product of theirs is Aromatic nut oil body balm. Comes in a range of scents, my fave is tangerine/lavender.
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:31 am      Reply with quote
Ooh yes, Jurlique is actually made and the bulk of the herbs grown about 1/2 hour away from where I live. They are at Mt Barker which is a lovely town in the Adelaide Hills ( which the city of Adelaide is in the shadow of). Adelaide is the capital city of the state of South Australia. Only small, we've got just less than a million people!
There you go... geography 101. Smile
Mabsy

Sat Feb 05, 2005 6:47 am      Reply with quote
I also second Perfect Potion's Rosewater Eye Gel - very nice stuff! I have tried some of their cleansers though and have been disappointed.

I haven't even heard of Beauty and the Bees - I must remember to look that up. Where do you usually get it Rosewater?
rosewater
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried their cleansers either Mabsy.

I lived in Tassie for a few years and bought it from their shop. But now that I'm not there I buy it online.
www.beebeauty.com
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds nice.... must go and check on that ... the thought of honey is a nice one. Antibacterial and soothing ...and nice smelling!
Ta for sharing the link.. Smile
mailnat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:47 am      Reply with quote
There is a really nice body line called MOR from melbourne in Aussie that does delicious smelling body butters, lotions, shimmering products etc. more like a luxury smelling line though than a skincare line but really yummy! I love their marshmallow body butter and hand cream and tahitian glow body shimmer.
-rusalka-
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have to admit that while browsing the Beauty and the Bees stuff I was amused that a company would actually market a "headlice repellant spray." I mean, mosquito and bug repellent, yeah! But "headlice?" I've never heard of such a thing!! I thought that would be more of a "get your butt to a doctor and get rid of them permanently" thing.

But some of their products looked pretty cool. Very Happy
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
i know that new zealand + australia are different countries, and this post is about australian products, but i was wondering if anyone's tried ever tried hema.

they are the products that liv tyler claimed saved her skin while filming lord of the rings in new zealand.
www.hemaproducts.com
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Not skin care, but I always stock up on Berocca [berrocca?] vitamins! They are awesome to take when you are feeling lousy.
rosewater
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
-rusalka- wrote:
I have to admit that while browsing the Beauty and the Bees stuff I was amused that a company would actually market a "headlice repellant spray." I mean, mosquito and bug repellent, yeah! But "headlice?" I've never heard of such a thing!! I thought that would be more of a "get your butt to a doctor and get rid of them permanently" thing.

But some of their products looked pretty cool. Very Happy

haha maybe it's for when your kid goes to a school with a really heavy lice population Laughing Laughing

Now that we're off the topic of beauty products, YOU MUST GET SOME TIM TAMS!!!! Very Happy Very Happy
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:37 am      Reply with quote
.. a tube of Lucas's Papaw ointment
.. a bottle of bio oil
.. some Eureaka Lavender Oil (need that for beauty sleep and insect bites and burns - very multi purpose nd handy)

two other Aussie brands are Pelactiv and Simplicite

LOVE the look of Mirenesse! oooh...
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |