Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
New here! Found a video
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Cocoa_Crema
5% products discount

Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there! I've been lurking on this forum, but never have posted until today.

I'm excited to learn the various ways to care for my skin. I'm 28 and I've started to notice my face changing as the years go by. Sad I want to stay on top of aging healthy and beautifully.

I found this facial exercise program on YouTube. Is it a good one? Who is it by?
It's called Muscles Don't End at the Neck. Unfortunately, I can't link the video to you.

Also does anyone tips to help with nasolabial lines and also jowls and cheeks?

Thank you!

Cocoa Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Cocoa_Crema wrote:
Hi there! I've been lurking on this forum, but never have posted until today.

I'm excited to learn the various ways to care for my skin. I'm 28 and I've started to notice my face changing as the years go by. Sad I want to stay on top of aging healthy and beautifully.

I found this facial exercise program on YouTube. Is it a good one? Who is it by?
It's called Muscles Don't End at the Neck. Unfortunately, I can't link the video to you.

Also does anyone tips to help with nasolabial lines and also jowls and cheeks?

Thank you!

Cocoa Very Happy

Hi Cocoa,

Welcome!!!!

I found this, hope it is the one? I don't know if it's good or who it is by but thought I would post the link, maybe others will answer. Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh7dBkF-0NY

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Wow, I can't believe someone uploaded that whole video. Great production values.

I only watched the first exercise, which is just raising your eyebrows without resistance and I'm sorry but I think that is a horrible idea. I've said it before, but I have no lines in my forehead and I believe that's because I don't talk with my eyebrows. I don't frown with my eyebrows either, so I don't have the 11. (It's not anything I've done on purpose, but glad I never developed that habit). I KNOW this is the reason I don't have lines there, because everyone I see who has lines in their forehead talks with their eyebrows, even if they are very young.

I do the Facercise forehead exercise and the only reason I'm comfortable doing that is because you apply resistance (raise your eyebrows up while pushing down with your hands).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:54 am      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
Wow, I can't believe someone uploaded that whole video. Great production values.

I only watched the first exercise, which is just raising your eyebrows without resistance and I'm sorry but I think that is a horrible idea. I've said it before, but I have no lines in my forehead and I believe that's because I don't talk with my eyebrows. I don't frown with my eyebrows either, so I don't have the 11. (It's not anything I've done on purpose, but glad I never developed that habit). I KNOW this is the reason I don't have lines there, because everyone I see who has lines in their forehead talks with their eyebrows, even if they are very young.

I do the Facercise forehead exercise and the only reason I'm comfortable doing that is because you apply resistance (raise your eyebrows up while pushing down with your hands).

Thanks for the critique Ryan, I am not an exerciser (facial) so I only linked for Cocoa. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:56 am      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:

I have no idea if these exercises work but if you go to the video and speed it up to about 48 minutes into the video they go through the entire program quickly without explanation of the exercises. As you view this they do use resistance with the exercises. Not saying these exercises work because haven't done anything but view them. The video is free so it might be a great opportunity for someone to try.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Oh okay, thanks Toby. I was only critiquing the one exercise I saw. I'm not a facial exercise expert, either. I'm still easing my way into it. It's just been hard for me to believe moving your forehead won't cause lines because I see the proof with my Mom, who is in her 50's and has no lines there either.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:19 am      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
Oh okay, thanks Toby. I was only critiquing the one exercise I saw. I'm not a facial exercise expert, either. I'm still easing my way into it. It's just been hard for me to believe moving your forehead won't cause lines because I see the proof with my Mom, who is in her 50's and has no lines there either.

Been involved with facial exercises for sometime and my experience from my own face is that I agree with you on the movement of forehead muscles while talking increases the forehead lines and 11's. I don't do forehead exercises, I use the Safetox to keep mine at bay. My job requires me to do training for large groups of people and I tend to use lots of facial expressions to get my point across...I personally think that only creates more issues in the forehead. The safetox really helps me and I use frownies at night!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Oh I see..so you don't even do the forehead exercises with resistance? I do feel like I may need to keep the muscles there toned. And the only reason I've felt comfortable doing the one exercise is because I don't think I'm actually making a line while doing it since I'm pressing down.

I think I read here that Carole Maggio tapes her forehead at night too, so she must also believe that movement there can create lines.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
Oh I see..so you don't even do the forehead exercises with resistance? I do feel like I may need to keep the muscles there toned. And the only reason I've felt comfortable doing the one exercise is because I don't think I'm actually making a line while doing it since I'm pressing down.

I think I read here that Carole Maggio tapes her forehead at night too, so she must also believe that movement there can create lines.

For myself I don't do exercises for the forehead because with the use of the Safetox forehead ex were suppose to work against it. I have found that the Safetox works extremely well on training the forehead muscles to lay flat, forehead exercises can undo that. This information was discussed on the Safetox thread when someone wrote the company and ask about doing forehead exercises along with using the device...the Safetox company felt the exercises would work against the training of the muscles to lay flat. There will be people that disagree with this but my experience on my on face has been that the Safetox device is very effective for the 11's and forehead wrinkles and when I tried adding the forehead ex. back in I lost the benefits of the progress of the Safetox.

5% products discount

Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, that's the one. Thank you Darkmoon for finding it and posting it.

I wanted to see what experienced facial exercisers thought of the Tal Reinhart video.

My main goal is help soften the nasolabial lines. Does anyone know of a power exercise to help with this area?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:01 am      Reply with quote
Cocoa_Crema wrote:

I wanted to see what experienced facial exercisers thought of the Tal Reinhart video.

My main goal is help soften the nasolabial lines. Does anyone know of a power exercise to help with this area?

You are welcome Cocoa,

I am sure the exercise gurus here will all be happy to help guide you as soon as they see this! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Cocoa_Crema wrote:

I tried that video--one of the 6 programs I've tried. I would rank it in my bottom third in that I think that they are better programs out there. But if you like, go for it!

Cocoa-Crema wrote:

For the nasolabial lines, it all depends on what caused them. For example, things that can cause them include a loss of volumes in one or more muscles in the cheeks, the caninus muscle, sleeping with your head scrunched in the pillow, lack of hydration, excess salt in the diet causing accumulation of fluids in the face, etc. Hence if you don't know the particular cause, I would suggest a multi-pronged approach (plus spot training a single muscle in the face is not a good idea). To get you started, read this thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36083&highlight=nasolabial

It's the longest and more comprehensive thread on EDS on the subject. Hopefully, it will answer most of your questions Smile

Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |