Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Cow fat makeup! Yes you did read that right!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Was checking out moisturisers on ebay and found this site, now I'm absolutely nothing to do with this person, have no idea what her product is like but thought you would be interested in reading her stuff about what goes into a moisturiser! Makes for scary reading!

Also if you're in the UK and want to change to something more skin friendly, REN do a wonderful range.

Check out this link for the scary info...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=21205&item=5554716268&rd=1
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:37 am      Reply with quote
the link doesn't work
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:43 am      Reply with quote
You can get REN from QVC in the UK, which is great, cause it means you can try it, and send it back if you dont like it... Very Happy
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:46 am      Reply with quote
The link did work, someone removed it on eBay, obviously didn't like the ad, but you can find it if you search for 'best moisturiser', or the seller is called clearandsmooth, since reading her auctions this morning, I've been searching the net trying to find places that sell cosmetics that don't have animal fats in and it's not easy!

Yes QVC do sell REN, I think I've bought the entire range from them... and Harrods do the range, hubby bought me the perfume last year and it's gorgeous!
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Glad to hear someone is getting spoilt off their other half.....

Never tried REN yet, may just have to give it a whirl, what can you recommend from them sarahb
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:53 am      Reply with quote
read it now....interesting.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:58 am      Reply with quote
All of it!! BUT I've just found REN on http://www.beautyexpert.co.uk/ they do little kits for £19.50 of 7 items which is a great way to try them. I bet you'll love them. Not only do they do the job, they smell great and they're good for your skin, no chemicals.

I'm huge on trying to avoid parabens (sp?) which can cause cancer and mineral oils which cause spots.

At the mo, I've got 3 of the moisturisers, the seaweed body wash is lovely, the rose bath oil is great, jojoba facial scrub is fab, huge size too, the body scrub is the best I've used (another huge tub), give them a go. Smile
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Ive had stuff off the beauty expert before, its a good site. Not as good as this one though
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Gatineau do a brilliant body scrub, its blue and gives the skin a good polish. Not cheap but lasts forever. Cool
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I do feel a bit of a sucker after reading that text about moisturisers, I bought a Creme De La Mer, although it's great for me, it does make me wonder if the packaging costs more than the contents and I've never been able to find out any info on this Max Huber who was so badly burned he designed the Mer to help him. Funny how, with every search engine on the planet you can't actually find info about that!

I dread to think what my Mer is made out of?!!?
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I've tried that blue body scrub but wow isn't it pricey. The REN one is £19.50 for a huge pot that seems to last forever and it's not got chemicals in it! LOL! I should be repping for REN!
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I found the following on a first search sarahb

The Accident
Over forty years ago, aerospace physicist Dr. Max Huber suffered a terrible accident when a routine experiment exploded in his face, resulting in severe chemical burns. Neither science nor medicine could offer sufficient promise of help, so Huber decided to help himself. Twelve years and some 6,000 experiments later—Crème de la Mer was born.

The Formula
At the heart of Crème de la Mer is a nutrient-rich, highly potent Miracle Broth™. There is nothing unusual about its ingredients—a blend of sea kelp, vitamins and minerals. It's the way Huber distilled them that made the difference between a good moisturizer and a small miracle, borrowing from the ancient science of fermentation. This intensive, 3 to 4 month process released vital energies, transforming the ingredients into a whole far greater than the sum of its parts.

The Miracle
There are those who insist Crème de la Mer has produced astonishing results. Some might even call it miraculous. In a short time, skin becomes softer, firmer, looks virtually creaseless. Even the driest of complexions are healed.

The Secret
Crème de la Mer's Miracle Broth™ is suspended within its extraordinary formula. To activate the broth and release its key ingredients, warm a small amount between your fingertips. As you pat onto clean, dry skin, you will instantly f eel the soothing effects of the broth. Smooth over your face, neck, even under the fragile eye area. Apply day and night—for a lifetime.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Are you a veggie sarahb Question
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:42 am      Reply with quote
I've used their bar soap, acne cleanser and moisturizer. The soap is simple, all natural and lovely!

The cleanser has BP and natural exfoliates, crushed almond shells or something like it, I found the grains to be too sharp and it caused a few problems. It is nice though if you have acne prone skin that isn't sensitive to too sharp exfoliating grains or BP.

The moisturizer is nice, for my body only! Too much emmolient for my face.

The info about all the crap in cosmetics is great and that Clear and Smooth doesn't cheap out on ingredients is pretty cool.

I love eBay! Smile

Puredeming is another great eBay seller. I've used the glycolic acid and the bar soap, both great. I'm looking to get the lactic acid peel for my acne prone and sensitive skin. It really does what they say it will do, no fillers or fancy creams.
http://stores.ebay.ca/id=62330496

editing to say I have no affiliation with either company.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Cindi that spiel comes with the packaging, that's the only info you can find, there's no actual info about the man, what he did, what he looks like etc.

Also no I'm not a veggie, I'm a person! Wink
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |