Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Before and after of 25 foundations
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
7Destiny
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
http://xoxovalentinekissesxoxo.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-before-after-pics-for-over-25.html
fitgineer
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:24 am      Reply with quote
This is a helpful post, I was told to try the Laura Mercier Silk Cream last week, and it's good to see the difference it makes.
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, that Lancome one is amazing.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
I am so blown away with the before/after pictures of the Lancome product that I went to Macy's today and asked for a sample. The sales lady put 3 on my face in different areas (there are a ton of colors) that she thought matched. She gave me samples and put an X on the one she thought was the best. I plan on playing around tomorrow and see how it goes. Love it when you can get samples before plunking down the $$. They are doing pre-sales right now for the GWP in May, woohoo.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Let us know how it goes, Frodo.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that the Lancome not only covered best but looked most natural.

And, after hearing so many great things about Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation SPF30 and seeing how it didn't cover well at all in her after picture, I immediately took it off my wish list on Amazon.

Thank you so much for posting this link!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
onmyboat wrote:
Let us know how it goes, Frodo.

Will do, I am not a foundation gal so we will see how this goes. If I look like I have it on it will be coming off asap. I only use tinted moisturizer and right now I am liking Origins.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I was shocked at a few really doing very little, along with those already mentioned Mally and Miracle Skin Transformer. Mally is not inexpensive and that Miracle was no Miracle! Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I was shocked at a few really doing very little, along with those already mentioned Mally and Miracle Skin Transformer. Mally is not inexpensive and that Miracle was no Miracle! Bad Grin

You got that right about the Miracle Skin Transformer. Thank God I only got the sample size. It works just as a primer...at best. Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

You got that right about the Miracle Skin Transformer. Thank God I only got the sample size. It works just as a primer...at best. Mad

I will stick to my MMU, thanks sandooch! Laughing Laughing

Samples are always best if available! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
The Lancome looks great in that review, but if you read MUA, it may not be best for >40 years. It's an alternative to hi-coverage foundations but if it accentuates lines not otherwise visible, I'm not interested!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:17 am      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
The Lancome looks great in that review, but if you read MUA, it may not be best for >40 years. It's an alternative to hi-coverage foundations but if it accentuates lines not otherwise visible, I'm not interested!

Yes, I noticed that also, Hermosa. When I saw her pics, I was blown away - but a little research into reviews for more mature skin leads me to think that it won't be kind to those of us over 40.

What a shame!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:16 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Hermosa wrote:

Yes, I noticed that also, Hermosa. When I saw her pics, I was blown away - but a little research into reviews for more mature skin leads me to think that it won't be kind to those of us over 40.

What a shame!

LOL. marjob, mine hit more around 50-55 so it is PRIMER before makeup! Laughing

5% products discount

Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:40 am      Reply with quote
I am 42 and recently started wearing the Lancome 24Hour foundation. I used it for a few days by itself, and found that it sunk into and made all of my pores more evident. Then, I started to wear primer underneath, and it is now my holy grail foundation. Primer is key though. It does not accentuate any wrinkles, and looks much better then the Estee Lauder Double Wear I have been wearing for years. Surprised
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:20 am      Reply with quote
I could never be bothered to faff around with a primer before. Since hitting my mid-40's, I'm starting to come around to the idea!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:29 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
I could never be bothered to faff around with a primer before. Since hitting my mid-40's, I'm starting to come around to the idea!

Yes, yet another step to add to all we do, but primer really makes for a nice seamless application! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Gremlynn, which primer do you use? Is it anything I use without dimethicone?
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I do not like the look of this product on me. I used a primer and tried several times. I may go back and try again right after I get rid of all my wrinkles. Very Happy I'll just stick with my tinted moisturizer with SPF.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Frodo, is it just that it accentuated wrinkles? How does this product feel on the skin? Heavy or no?
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder why Colorstay wasn't used- the blogger has terrible skin that clearly needs a shellac coat.
Gremlynn
5% products discount

Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
@onmyboat:
I have profoundly, disgustingly oily skin so I use DHC pore clarifying primer. I don't really have any major wrinkles yet, but I have had BIG pores since I was a teen, and this is my biggest concern; makeup accentuating this.

ETA: It feels much "lighter" then colorstay, Estee Lauder double wear or Laura Mercier cream foundation. I think it looks more natural then the above-mentioned foundations as well. I think getting the right color match is a bit of a challenge though Confused .

I just looked up the ingredient list, and it does have dimethicone in it:
methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, dimethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, isotridecyl isononanoate, zinc oxide, polymethylsilsesquioxane, phenoxyethanol, silica dimethyl silylate, magnesium carbonate, hydrogen dimethicone, o-cymen-5-ol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, silica, tocopheryl acetate, butylene glycol, water/aqua/eau, sodium hyaluronate, rosa multiflora fruit extract, olea europaea (olive) leaf extract, cynara scolymus (artichoke) leaf extract
onmyboat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
So I got Lancome Teint Idole Ultra in 110. It does cover my redness, which is most important to me. I haven't worn foundation in 6 months or so, and my tinted moisturizer (Laura Mercier) only evens out skintone a little so I still have red marks from acne.

So far it looks good, doesn't feel heavy. I'll post a picture before and after applying it.

The saleslady at the department store I went to applied it with a balled-up tissue. Rolling Eyes
Gremlynn
5% products discount

Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
A balled up tissue Laughing I used to use my fingers for foundation application, but found a great brush that actually makes the foundation spread much easier and more natural looking and almost "airbrushed":
I use the Tarte foundation brush. It's a nice brush, but I have to wash it every night (due to my acne prone, oily skin) and really don't know how long the brush will last after all of the washings. So far, I have had the brush for approx. 3 months and it is still holding up (fingers crossed that this continues).
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:47 am      Reply with quote
onmyboat wrote:
Wow, that Lancome one is amazing.

Yes, I would have to agree with you. I've never tried any of the ones listed with exception of MAC facy & body foundation many years ago.

I wish there was testing on Chanel, Cle de Peau and Guerlain.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:53 am      Reply with quote
onmyboat wrote:
So I got Lancome Teint Idole Ultra in 110. It does cover my redness, which is most important to me. I haven't worn foundation in 6 months or so, and my tinted moisturizer (Laura Mercier) only evens out skintone a little so I still have red marks from acne.

So far it looks good, doesn't feel heavy. I'll post a picture before and after applying it.

The saleslady at the department store I went to applied it with a balled-up tissue. Rolling Eyes

I don't even know where to start on how unprofessional that is! Balled up tissue? Shock

Looking forward to your before and after pictures, that is great of you to post them! Very Happy

Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |