Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vitamin C serum - best type of packaging/storage?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MakeupGirl

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and I have a question. I'm about to purchase the Skinceuticals C E Ferulic serum but I don't like the dropper style packaging it comes in. To help preserve it better, I was thinking of decanting it into something else.

What's the best for Vit C serum in terms of storage? Amber glass PUMP bottle? Or a frosted glass airless pump like this:

Thanks for any advice you can give me!

MakeupGirl
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:55 am      Reply with quote
MakeupGirl wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and I have a question. I'm about to purchase the Skinceuticals C E Ferulic serum but I don't like the dropper style packaging it comes in. To help preserve it better, I was thinking of decanting it into something else.

What's the best for Vit C serum in terms of storage? Amber glass PUMP bottle? Or a frosted glass airless pump like this:

MakeupGirl

I use the airless pumps and just wrap with a stick on label large enough to cover it all (like mailing or name tag labels) I bought mine a while back and only found clear frosted.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:33 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
MakeupGirl wrote:
Hi guys,

MakeupGirl

I use the airless pumps and just wrap with a stick on label large enough to cover it all (like mailing or name tag labels) I bought mine a while back and only found clear frosted.

Thank you for the reply! I tried to put a link to the airless pump I found but it said I wasn't allowed to post links. I think I'll take your suggestion and wrap it up with labels or aluminium foil or something just to make sure no light gets in.

MakeupGirl
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:40 am      Reply with quote
MakeupGirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
MakeupGirl wrote:
Hi guys,

MakeupGirl

Thank you for the reply! I tried to put a link to the airless pump I found but it said I wasn't allowed to post links. I think I'll take your suggestion and wrap it up with labels or aluminium foil or something just to make sure no light gets in.

MakeupGirl

Yes you have to reach a certain number of posts before posting links, pretty standard Forum rules.

Another option is the finger of an old glove, you can just slip it on the bottle. As long as air and light are kept out somehow you are good to go. Very Happy

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:54 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
MakeupGirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
MakeupGirl wrote:
Hi guys,

MakeupGirl

MakeupGirl

Yes you have to reach a certain number of posts before posting links, pretty standard Forum rules.

Another option is the finger of an old glove, you can just slip it on the bottle. As long as air and light are kept out somehow you are good to go. Very Happy

Sorry, one more question. Does it matter whether the bottle is glass or some kind of hard plastic? All the airless pump bottles I'm finding are made of some hard plastic. The only glass pump bottles are the amber ones and they aren't airless. Does the material matter? I'd hate to store it in an airless plastic thing only to find out that the whole thing reacts with the serum somehow. Thank you!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I have never found airless pump bottles made from glass either, I know many do use the plastic for their C serums without any issues! Mine stays just fine. Very Happy

Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot for the advice, Dark Moon. That's good to know. I'll go for an airless pump and see how that goes! Fingers crossed.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:28 am      Reply with quote
MakeupGirl wrote:
Thanks a lot for the advice, Dark Moon. That's good to know. I'll go for an airless pump and see how that goes! Fingers crossed.

I am sure yours will be fine, keeping air and light out really helps to avoid oxidation. Very Happy

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |