Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
30% glycolic acid peel - what to expect
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lisaloo74
5% products discount

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
I want to start using glycolic peels and understand that I should start off at a low strength so I want to start with 30%. At this strength, what will happen to my skin, will it get really red? or is 30% too low to make much of an impact? Also I've been using a cleanser for years with 14% glycolic in it, so I think I already have a little tolerance to it. Just want to know so I don't plan any outings the next day if I am going to be red. Thanks!

5% products discount

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I only used 8% (which is low) and i hardly felt it.
A friend of mine did 50% (or 70 i don't know exactly) in a clinic and she said it was burning and painful.
Anyway, i think you should slowly introduce your skin to it. If it is very irritating, do a step back.
Where did you order it?
ebethkali

Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing glycolic peels now for three months. I started with 20%. All the experts suggest starting at this point and working your way up from there. In fact you are supposed to stay at that level for at least a year of treatment before going up. I use once per week and paint on my face with fan brush. I sometimes layer it if you wish to have a "stronger" effect of the acid. I left on first - third times about 5 min and then neutralize with a solution of one teaspoon baking soda to two cups water and splash all over the face when you are done and wish to stop the action of the acid. After doing this for six weeeks at one time per week, you are supposed to take a four week break (which I did) before starting up for another six weeks. You are supposed to do this for six mths to a year before working your way up to a higher percentage of acid. I am on my third go round and I still get little water blisters on my chin area. Try and mix a Hyaluronic serum and use following all peels. 1/8 tsp HA powder to 1/4 cup of distilled water. put in bottle and shake frequently for two hrs and leave in refrigerator till it thickens to serum. I do not have sensitive skin and I am still at the 20% and will be staying there for a good long while. As your face can take the peels for more than 5 min do so. And as your face can take "layering" do so. Layering only means adding more layers of acid as the one before ddries. hope this is helpful and have fun!!
lisaloo74
5% products discount

Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that. I haven't bought the acid yet but there is some good information and links to buy on a site called glycolicacidpeels.org.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
You may also want to check outwww.makeupartistischoice.com. I get my lactic acid and TCA peels from them and find them very reasonable and the shipping is fast.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Every ones skin is different so it is hard to say. I would only leave it on maybe 2 minutes the first time, especially if it *stings*, which, it very likely will. But then in a week or two if you do not think it was strong enough, leave it on a minute or two longer.
I have gotten my peels form skinobsession .com they have good prices/customer service/ free us shipping/ and free samples. I have never ordered from makeupartistchoice .com but I have heard/read good things as well. I think you are much better off ordering from skinobsession or makeupartistchoice as oppose to ebay or amazon because you will likely get a better product and service.

Regardless, I would do your peel on a long weekend just in case you have redness and/or peeling.

Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
I agree...I bought my acid from Skinobsession as well and they are very informative and helpful. I also agree you should only start keeping it on for a couple min at first and then work your way up to five and more after. But definitely buy some HA powder and make a serum and use after peels like you would with an aloe vera gel. HA is great for after peels
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
What effects post peel can one expect? Do lines diminish or the skin tighten? What are your experiences with how your skin changes?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
It depends, differ ate people respond to peels differently. But usually multiple peels are needed to notice much improvement, especially with wrinkles I presume.

5% products discount

Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everybody, I will definitely check out the sites you have recommended. Can I get the HA powder from these sites too?
kmrmv8
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
No, I'm pretty sure those sites do not have ha powder. Sites like lotioncrafter .com and other DIY sites have it, but i got mine from amazon because it was the cheapest at the time. Make sure it is pure hyaluronic acid powder with no fillers. Best way to make it, IMO is to mix cold distiller water with your choice of preservative and then add enough ha powder to make it a 1% HA. You can also buy HA already in a liquid form at sites like thepersonalformulator .com it you want to save yourself the trouble. Some people seem to have a hard time formulating with HA.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |