Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pet Peeves (totally shallow!) ;-)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
jhbuddy
5% products discount

Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:23 am      Reply with quote
What are your beauty/appearance-related pet peeves?
I'll start:

1) Women who color their hair to cover grey, but neglect their eyebrows! I have a friend with the most beautiful red hair but her eyebrows are so grey, it's distracting. All she needs to do is get some reddish brown eyeshadow and brush it through her brows and she'd look 20 years younger -- but I'm too embarrassed to tell her.

2) That HIDEOUS (my opinion) 80's lip thing, where the lips are outlined in dark brown (for goodness sake) and filled in with beige-y lipstick. Makes a woman look like someone who died just after eating a Fudgesicle. I couldn't understand it 20 years ago, and I can't believe some are still doing it.

OK -- your turn -- sound off!

-Julie
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:32 am      Reply with quote
jhbuddy wrote:
2) That HIDEOUS (my opinion) 80's lip thing, where the lips are outlined in dark brown (for goodness sake) and filled in with beige-y lipstick. Makes a woman look like someone who died just after eating a Fudgesicle. I couldn't understand it 20 years ago, and I can't believe some are still doing it.

rofl
The only one I can think of off the top of my head is mascara. I am always amazed by women wandering around with ridiculous spidery type eyelashes caked in the gloopy stuff.
Oooh, just thought of another one, blusher applied like a racing 'go faster' stripe.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:43 am      Reply with quote
spider lashes.

that ------------ lip liner thing - like the 80's jhb mentioned.

ORANGE foundation that stops at the jaw - no one is orange.

eyebrows plucked out and then drawn back in with a black pencil line that looks like it was stenciled round a cup.

Female chav hair. Scraped back, covered in slime then they have two tiny strands hanging down from their centre parting or by their ears.
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
ORANGE foundation that stops at the jaw - no one is orange.

eyebrows plucked out and then drawn back in with a black pencil line that looks like it was stenciled round a cup.

Female chav hair. Scraped back, covered in slime then they have two tiny strands hanging down from their centre parting or by their ears.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Good ones.
Ah, the famous 'Romford (or Croydon) facelift'. A chavette wouldn't be seen dead without it.
jhbuddy
5% products discount

Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:52 am      Reply with quote
OK, for those of us across the pond, what is a chavrette?

Wink

-Julie
jhbuddy
5% products discount

Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:53 am      Reply with quote
oops -- I mean, "chavette."
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:56 am      Reply with quote
How about sky blue eye shadow, covering the full lid to eyebrow. I mean, would you dare Laughing

Love this post, its the only thing thats made me laugh all day...... cheers jhbuddy
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:58 am      Reply with quote
This website should explain the cult of Chav for you. Unfortunately, the UK is full of them. I'm trying to find an image of a typical chavette hairstyle for you. Will post it when I find one.

In a nutshell, I suppose you could say they are similar to 'trailer trash'.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Careful Toe, you might just step on a few, if you know what I mean. rofl
jhbuddy
5% products discount

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Toe - -and thanks (again!) Cindi!

cheers & hugs,

Julie
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Loving this thread - you guys kill me! Laughing Laughing
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:10 am      Reply with quote
I hate it when some women wear too much lipstick and it gets on their teeth! You'll be talking to them and you don't know if you should tell them or not, guess it depends if you like them or not Laughing ...Donna
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Lets put it all together.

80's style hairsprayed to death hair.
Sky blue eyeshadow
go gaster blusher stripess
multi coloured lips (and liner)
gloopy spider lashes
and how about thick black eye liner to boot.

hmmmm Shock better check out some photos of me when I was in my hey day, ( Sssshhhhhhh - in the 80's - which was I have to say the best era, especially music wise) Cool
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:24 am      Reply with quote
I agree with you Cindi, the 80's ROCKED!! Very Happy
Remember Flashdance? I so wanted to be Jennifer Beals, I'm glad nobody was secretly watching when I was dancing around in my parents living room like a spaz Embarassed
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I have to say girls that use too much frost/sparkle makeup. In that it's on the entire face (lids, lips, cheeks and bronzer)
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I like your term of phrase there moosette, "like a spaz". I bet you have dancing trophys in your attic collecting dust.... along with those 80's outfits you cant bare to part with. I look back at pictures and think, did I really wear that Shock
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Couldn't find a decent picture of a Romford/Croydon Facelift for you but the following links give you some great pictures of chavettes. Funnily enough, some of the other things mentioned on this thread (orange foundation, spidery lashes, blue eyeshadow) are being sported by the chavettes too.
orange face
Hair covered in slime with strands
Two typical chavettes with overplucked/drawn in eyebrows
Warning: This last image is scary!
Chavette with drawn in eyebrows, spidery lashes and stupidly applied eyeshadow
What was she thinking when she left the house like that?????? Shock
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Well done Toe some stonking pictures you found there.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:41 am      Reply with quote
that chav pic is scary!! That's my worst nightmare!!!
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:44 am      Reply with quote
You girls have certainly entertained me this afternoon. Problem is, Im at work and have been on the internet all afternoon Shock If I get the sack, I know whose door I'll be knocking on Laughing Laughing Laughing
jhbuddy
5% products discount

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Re: chav pics --
Ack! Ack! Ack! Those aren't just pet peeves, they're nightmares!

-Julie (running, screaming, away from her computer)
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:49 am      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
that chav pic is scary!! That's my worst nightmare!!!

I know! At what point did she look in the mirror and think, 'Oh yeah, I'm looking hot tonight!' and set off through the door????
I hope this girl has just washed her hair and is waiting for it to dry before she styles it and leaves the house. The thought cannot have entered her head that her hair looks good like that. Brick wall
It's all covered in slime! Shock
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:56 am      Reply with quote
that ones not as bad as the first, but still pretty scarey!

I had to click on the radom pic and I got man ChavScum

http://www.chavscum.co.uk/4images/details.php?image_id=495
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:57 am      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
I had to click on the radom pic and I got man ChavScum

Bet you're glad you did that. Laughing
Isn't he a beauty? Shock
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Reminds me of a lout here in the UK who sadly won a big wedge on the lottery. He's full of bling and also full of S... Bad Grin
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |