Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Biosilk Silk Therapy...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:08 am      Reply with quote
is it true what they say about this product, that it dries your hair out even more because it contains alot of alcohol?? Just wondering if that could be the culprit of my dry hair, I hope not because I just bought a huge bottle for 50 bucks Sad ! Donna
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Donna I dont mind alot of alcohol but I prefer it in a glass Laughing But seriously, cant comment on the product you mentioned, its not available over here. I colour my hair every 4 to 5 weeks and its not dry but glossy and healthy looking. Mind, I dont trim it as often as I should. I think the bleaching with the blond must take its toll, plus if you live in a hot climate. Its always raining here Laughing Every fancied going Brunette ......
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
alcohol is drying so it may be the culprit!

I'd suggest doing a hair mask once or twice a week to help moisturize and prevent further dryness. Put it on moistened hair and wrap saran wrap around your head to keep the heat in. Leave it for about half an hour or more and then shower as usual. I like the one from inner science, but my hair isn't very dry, just coloured. You may want to find a heavier brand. Aveda would probably have a good one!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:44 am      Reply with quote
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and I hope you kept your receipt, because Biosilk Silk Therapy is the absolute WORST thing you can use on your hair! I know, I know: it makes your hair look so shiny and gorgeous. Yeah, that’s how they sucker us in! This stuff will dry out your hair quicker than just about anything except maybe pouring straight rubbing alcohol on it. If you want the all the shine and defrizzing benefits of Silk Therapy without the damage, I highly recommend Paul Mitchell’s Super Skinny Serum. In fact, I wrote a review on this product not too long ago: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4485&highlight=paul+mitchell

HTH,
Carrie
Dabawenya62
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Carrie, went to my beauty supply shop this past weekend and got myself a small bottle of the PM's super skinny serum! $5.95 for a try out... it's so wonderful! Great product recommendation! Thank you!

5% products discount

Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! I had no idea Biosilk was that bad for hair! I've stopped using it for the past little while, but I had been using it for about a year! I'm glad you brought that up because I still have many friends who use the product religiously!

I currently use Charles Worthington Results Hair Healer Intensive Leave-in Conditioner. I find it works really well, leaving my hair extremely shiny, while protecting it from all the heat I use on my hair (Blow dryer and Flat iron)
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Biosilk is nothing more than a mixture of alcohol and silicones, and although your hair looks healthy in the beginning, it can really ruin your hair in the long run.

The silicones coat the hair, so that nourishing and moisturizing ingredients can't penetrate the hair. In addition, the alcohol dries the hair out.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |