Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

New lines from facial exercise?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone created more lines on the forehead from facial exercise? Uggh... If so have you stopped working the forehead? Thanks.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:41 am      Reply with quote
My understanding is that in the beginning when you start working your forehead muscles the skin on top takes a while to thicken up and hide the lines, but the muscle underneath gets strong right away, so it may just be timing. I know at one time I was doing an eyebrow exercise that I’m convinced had I continued would have created lines, but I stopped doing it so think also you got to use common sense here too. The other thing that’s always seems to be recommended is massage and that is beneficial.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:27 am      Reply with quote
I remember that LouLou said that when doing her exercise for the brow lift (the occassional one) you may first experience some wrinkles on your forehead. But with continued use, they'd go away. My forhead and furrow area are where my deepest wrinkles are. I, too, try not to do any facial exercises that seems to make that area wrinkle up while doing them, or I'll tweak them so that this area will wrinkle less. So far, no more added wrinkles or deepening of the ones I have.

I've still not gotten around to doing the massage, but I do want to get into the habit of ending my facial workouts with this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:44 am      Reply with quote
I am not a heavy facial exerciser but when I started the exercise in which one uses the occipital and temporal muscles to move the scalp and ears, I noticed that my v fine forehead lines become a bit prominent but then they went back to the original state with continued exercising and may be even a little less noticeable.....

May be it's not necessary but any exercise which would cause wrinkling, I put a finger on the crease so it won't....
Nanella
5% products discount

Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:14 am      Reply with quote
I perform the same exercise Daler mentioned and have never had trouble with exacerbated forehead lines. I do minimal reps (5 at the moment) every other day. I'm not willing to go through an "uglies" phase and my low reps are slowly making a difference. Slow and steady wins the race, IMO.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Nanella wrote:
I perform the same exercise Daler mentioned and have never had trouble with exacerbated forehead lines. I do minimal reps (5 at the moment) every other day. I'm not willing to go through an "uglies" phase and my low reps are slowly making a difference. Slow and steady wins the race, IMO.

I do this exercise 125 times once every other day or so...
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks all! I have been doing facial exercise for 2 yrs. The lines have just gotten worse so I will stop with the forehead exercises and focus on the vaculift for that area.
Nanella
5% products discount

Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:24 am      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
I do this exercise 125 times once every other day or so...

Shock Exclamation

Do you hold the position to the point of exhaustion, or are you going through the motion, releasing, and repeating? I tend to focus on taking the muscles to the extreme and holding them there until I can't maintain the pose any longer, and I wonder if I'd be better served by not trying as hard to tense the muscles for as long as possible. (Does that make sense?)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:34 am      Reply with quote
No, I only hold for a second or so...
Lroche101

Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
I always believe in fully hydrate my facial when doing facial exercise - less friction and more cushion...
lawmom
5% products discount

Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:51 am      Reply with quote
I did lots of the kind of exercises where you lift your eyebrows, and I got new wrinkles on the forehead. I had to stop doing them because the exercises only made it worse.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:27 am      Reply with quote
But just lifting your eyebrows isn't really a resistance kind of exercise. I know in my own experience, the one that definitely put lines on my head is the Facercise one, and I read others having similar issues on Amazon at one point but they vanished. Someone said a little while ago there was a way of doing the exercise without causing the line, think using your palm butts which makes sense to me but I'm still weary about doing it!

lawmom wrote:
I did lots of the kind of exercises where you lift your eyebrows, and I got new wrinkles on the forehead. I had to stop doing them because the exercises only made it worse.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |