Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

SOS on Jurlique product - need feedback ASAP!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:48 am      Reply with quote
When I leave work today, I plan to stop by my local beauty/skincare boutique to pick up Jurlique’s “Lip Care Balm,” which I had been contemplating ever since I was there the last time. But before I possibly waste my money, I wanted to check if anyone here had tried it and, if so, if it’s any good?

I’m also going to try and get Decleor’s Aromessence Lip Balm today, although I’ve been having a hard time locating it. My Sephora has Decleor products, but they don’t have the lip balm (they have an eye and lip balm, but apparently it’s not the same thing and besides, I don’t like the smell of it!!). The aforementioned boutique used to have it, but during the last two weeks they suddenly stopped carrying the Decleor line! Crying or Very sad So I could very well be SOL....

Anyway, I want to try both the Jurlique and the Decleor lip balms to see which one I like better (of course I’ll be returning the “loser” and exchanging it for something else on my “gotta buy” list!), but I’d also like to hear from any of you ladies who also have experience with both.

So please help – I’m leaving for the store in about two hours!!

TIA,
Carrie
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I've not tried them myself but have you checked the reviews on MUA? The Jurlique gets pretty mixed reviews. Scores 2.5 out of 5 with only 50% saying they would buy it again. Someone described it as overpriced vaseline.
The Decleor gets 3.7 out of 5 with 57% saying they would repurchase.
I have been tempted by the Decleor lip balm before. I have been pleased with other Decleor products I've tried so thought that chances are the lip stuff would be ok.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I strongly recommend Gale Hayman Lip Lift. It is wonderful for softening the lips, also Gatineau's Lip Cream, Its not cheap bt put a layer on a bed time and you wake up with someone else's lips........ Used during the day it has a nice pearly shimmering effect.
misskatblack
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have some of this and I like it. The only thing that I would say is that it goes pretty quickly as the texture is very soft and kinda oily. I only use it at night because it comes off quite quickly but it does make my lips lovely when I wake up in the morning.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Misskatblack wave

I tend to use it more as a treatment and not a three or four times daily application. All the Gatineau products seem alot more expensive on here than they sites in the UK. That said the spa shop offers great value for mone on most of its other products. Cool
misskatblack
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry Cindi! I was replying to the Jurlique Lip Balm SOS! Embarassed
misskatblack
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
It was the Julique lip balm I was refering to Very Happy
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
ooops Embarassed
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, everybody -- I bought both the Jurlique and the Decleor lip balms the other day and I’m going to post reviews of both soon....
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I bet that's not all you got...what else!? Wink
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Cindi wrote:
I strongly recommend Gale Hayman Lip Lift. It is wonderful for softening the lips, also Gatineau's Lip Cream, Its not cheap bt put a layer on a bed time and you wake up with someone else's lips........ Used during the day it has a nice pearly shimmering effect.

Hi Cindi Very Happy Is the Gatineau product you are referring to called,"Gatineau Electelle Lip Care"? Can you tell me more about your results?
Thanks a million!
Pudoodles Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:49 am      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
I bet that's not all you got...what else!? Wink
Of course not! I got the Jane Iredale Handi Brush, JI Absence, Decleor Ylang Ylang oil, Decleor Hydra-met Regulating Fluid, Decleor Aromessence Lip Balm, Jurlique Lip Care Balm, Phytocitrus Shampoo Bonus kit, Pureology Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner (supposed to be fab at keeping dyed hair color from fading...the jury’s still out as my hair color has ALREADY faded and I need to do a touch up!), Smashbox Brow Tech kit, eyebrow brush, a couple of Essie nail polishes, Passport “Layover - stimulating lip lube” (impulse buy, promptly returned the next day), and...I think that’s it. Embarassed I guess I lucked out, as the only “dud,” besides the stimulating lip lube, was the Jane Iredale Absence. I’m totally satisfied with all of my other purchases. Good thing, since it constituted a major portion of my paycheck!!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |