Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Cellese AnteAGE Serum & Accelerator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
hazelwood160
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:15 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
hazelwood160 wrote:

Thank you for getting back to me Smile Can you prescribe the best regimen for me. Do i need any antioxidant in the morning or i can just use anteage serum day and night and at night i can follow up with retin a and moisture (Currently using Skinceutical metacell B3) and in the morning anteage serum and moisturizer i been using skinceuticals metacell B3 moisturizer (new one) and follow up with sunscreen. Is that good enough to prevent further damage and correct my hypervpigmentation (Melasma). What are your thought on skinceuticals metacell moisturizer ?I can't use accelator in the morning it feels little bit heavy my skin break out if i use in the morning i can use 2-3 times a week at night. i was thinking about dermarolling can you recommend a brand i should go with about dermaroller and your solution should i use that before dermaroller or after. sorry about all the questions hope to hear back from you soon. Please Please recommend a good Sunscreen for Melasma and oily skin even it from korea i can buy online. and please share you thought on Skinceutical metacell is that good for hyperpigmention. Most effect i have had on my skin is from cellese anteage products so i wont ever stop using that one but would like to know your opinion on other products whether or not i need in my regimen i know for sunscreen i will need always please recomend a good sunscreen . I am sorry for all the questions i know you are really busy but i hope to hear back from you soon.
Thank you

Hi hazelwood160,

1. If the AnteAge Accelerator feels too heavy for your skin type in the daytime, why not try diluting it? Get your face wet without drying, then use half as much (one pump should do) to cover your whole face. You can use other moisturizers if you wish, just be sure you put the serum on first. No additional antioxidants needed.

2. It is the serum that is mainly going to fade that melasma / hyperpigmentation. The concentrated stem cell growth factors & cytokines are the most effective ingredient, working by turning off the inflammatory mechanism that stimulates your skin's melanocytes to over-respond to light and other stimuli.

3. Skinceuticals Metacell B3 has a high concentration of niacinamide, which we like (you will also find it in AnteAge). What we don't like is the abundance of fragrance oils (some citrus oils are known to cause photoreactions that can darken skin), a nonsense/no evidence "tightening tripeptide", and the high concentration (15%) of glycerine (a polymer that gradually breaks down to sugar on the skin which disturbs the microbiome and raises the pH. If you have hyperpigmentation issues I would stay away.

4. For dermarolling we have no favorite for rollers (there are hundreds made in China, Korea). If you find one made in Germany that may be the best, but we haven't tested many. If you go to a professional with a pen device we recommend Eclipse or ProCell.

5. Our favorite purveyor of sunscreens is Tizo. Many types to choose from, based on your sun exposures, makeup routines, that sort of thing.

Hope all your questions got answered.

Thanks, DrJ

Thank you so much that really helped me .
hazelwood160
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:04 am      Reply with quote
hazelwood160 wrote:
DrJ wrote:
hazelwood160 wrote:

Thank you for getting back to me Smile Can you prescribe the best regimen for me. Do i need any antioxidant in the morning or i can just use anteage serum day and night and at night i can follow up with retin a and moisture (Currently using Skinceutical metacell B3) and in the morning anteage serum and moisturizer i been using skinceuticals metacell B3 moisturizer (new one) and follow up with sunscreen. Is that good enough to prevent further damage and correct my hypervpigmentation (Melasma). What are your thought on skinceuticals metacell moisturizer ?I can't use accelator in the morning it feels little bit heavy my skin break out if i use in the morning i can use 2-3 times a week at night. i was thinking about dermarolling can you recommend a brand i should go with about dermaroller and your solution should i use that before dermaroller or after. sorry about all the questions hope to hear back from you soon. Please Please recommend a good Sunscreen for Melasma and oily skin even it from korea i can buy online. and please share you thought on Skinceutical metacell is that good for hyperpigmention. Most effect i have had on my skin is from cellese anteage products so i wont ever stop using that one but would like to know your opinion on other products whether or not i need in my regimen i know for sunscreen i will need always please recomend a good sunscreen . I am sorry for all the questions i know you are really busy but i hope to hear back from you soon.
Thank you

Hi hazelwood160,

1. If the AnteAge Accelerator feels too heavy for your skin type in the daytime, why not try diluting it? Get your face wet without drying, then use half as much (one pump should do) to cover your whole face. You can use other moisturizers if you wish, just be sure you put the serum on first. No additional antioxidants needed.

2. It is the serum that is mainly going to fade that melasma / hyperpigmentation. The concentrated stem cell growth factors & cytokines are the most effective ingredient, working by turning off the inflammatory mechanism that stimulates your skin's melanocytes to over-respond to light and other stimuli.

3. Skinceuticals Metacell B3 has a high concentration of niacinamide, which we like (you will also find it in AnteAge). What we don't like is the abundance of fragrance oils (some citrus oils are known to cause photoreactions that can darken skin), a nonsense/no evidence "tightening tripeptide", and the high concentration (15%) of glycerine (a polymer that gradually breaks down to sugar on the skin which disturbs the microbiome and raises the pH. If you have hyperpigmentation issues I would stay away.

4. For dermarolling we have no favorite for rollers (there are hundreds made in China, Korea). If you find one made in Germany that may be the best, but we haven't tested many. If you go to a professional with a pen device we recommend Eclipse or ProCell.

5. Our favorite purveyor of sunscreens is Tizo. Many types to choose from, based on your sun exposures, makeup routines, that sort of thing.

Thanks, DrJ

Sorry Dr. J i have one more question if you don't mind answering . What do you think of Japanese sunscreen ? Do they provide enough protection for melasma i don't spend much time outside but i am wondering about Kanebo Allie Alpha Sunsreen i think main ingredients are zinc oxide 12 % and 7 % ocitnate and some alcohol in the formula as well it says on the bottle it prevent skin from brown spot. i really the texture of this sunscreen under my makeup. I heard that Japanese sunscreen are better in protection . is that right?
Thanks
hazelwood160
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="hazelwood160"]
hazelwood160 wrote:
DrJ wrote:
hazelwood160 wrote:

Thank you

Hi hazelwood160,

Thanks, DrJ

Sorry Dr. J i have one more question if you don't mind answering . What do you think of Japanese sunscreen ? Do they provide enough protection for melasma i don't spend much time outside but i am wondering about Kanebo Allie Alpha Sunsreen i think main ingredients are zinc oxide 12 % and 7 % ocitnate and some alcohol in the formula as well it says on the bottle it prevent skin from brown spot. i really the texture of this sunscreen under my makeup. I heard that Japanese sunscreen are better in protection . is that right?
here is the ingredients list for allie sunscreen Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 13.85%, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate 9.9%, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexy Benzoate 0.1%
Cyclomethicone, Water (Aqua), Alcohol, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Silsesquioxane, Methyl Trimethicone, Diphenyl Siloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Sorbitan Isostearate, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprulylsilane, Glycerin, Trifluoropropyl Dimethicone, Methicone, Peg-8 Trifluoropropyl Dimethicone Copolymer, Diphenyl Dimethicone/Vinyl Diphenyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Triisostearin Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polysilicone-13, Polyglyceryl-10 Diisostearate, Squalane, Bht, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="hazelwood160"]
hazelwood160 wrote:
hazelwood160 wrote:
DrJ wrote:
hazelwood160 wrote:

Thank you

Hi hazelwood160,

Thanks, DrJ

here is the ingredients list for allie sunscreen Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 13.85%, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate 9.9%, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexy Benzoate 0.1%
Cyclomethicone, Water (Aqua), Alcohol, Dimethicone, Polymethyl Silsesquioxane, Methyl Trimethicone, Diphenyl Siloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Sorbitan Isostearate, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprulylsilane, Glycerin, Trifluoropropyl Dimethicone, Methicone, Peg-8 Trifluoropropyl Dimethicone Copolymer, Diphenyl Dimethicone/Vinyl Diphenyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Triisostearin Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polysilicone-13, Polyglyceryl-10 Diisostearate, Squalane, Bht, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol

Im not sure that the Japanese make better sunscreens (they use same key ingredients we use here in the US), but I will say that they have a more rational system of measurement for sunblock efficacy. This one is PA ++++ . I'll have to trust you on the ingredients - but from this list there is a lot to like. Combined physical (mineral) and enzymatic UV blockers which gives you the best of both worlds (longer lasting protection than enzymatic alone, but without sacrificing ability to apply makeup). All are tried and true ingredients, no issues there. I'll forgive the large collection of silicones, there to give glide and barrier protection. Alcohols there to preserve and keep it fresh. They have HA at the end of the list. I would have added more and used the HA to provide the lasting barrier function rather than silicones. More physiologic. Would also thicken it a bit and maybe make it even more makeup friendly - HA is cooperative that way. But then I am thoroughly convinced that HMW-HA is one of the 7 wonders of the world. But, all-in-all, an excellent choice for you Hazelwood160.

I am spending more and more time in Asia, and Japan specifically (3 trips the past year for Cellese/AnteAge) as we enjoy a bit of a cult following. I am very fond of the people, the culture, and business customs. Very civilized!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:57 am      Reply with quote
[quote="DrJ"]
hazelwood160 wrote:
hazelwood160 wrote:
hazelwood160 wrote:
DrJ wrote:
hazelwood160 wrote:

Thank you

Hi hazelwood160,

Thanks, DrJ

Im not sure that the Japanese make better sunscreens (they use same key ingredients we use here in the US), but I will say that they have a more rational system of measurement for sunblock efficacy. This one is PA ++++ . I'll have to trust you on the ingredients - but from this list there is a lot to like. Combined physical (mineral) and enzymatic UV blockers which gives you the best of both worlds (longer lasting protection than enzymatic alone, but without sacrificing ability to apply makeup). All are tried and true ingredients, no issues there. I'll forgive the large collection of silicones, there to give glide and barrier protection. Alcohols there to preserve and keep it fresh. They have HA at the end of the list. I would have added more and used the HA to provide the lasting barrier function rather than silicones. More physiologic. Would also thicken it a bit and maybe make it even more makeup friendly - HA is cooperative that way. But then I am thoroughly convinced that HMW-HA is one of the 7 wonders of the world. But, all-in-all, an excellent choice for you Hazelwood160.

I am spending more and more time in Asia, and Japan specifically (3 trips the past year for Cellese/AnteAge) as we enjoy a bit of a cult following. I am very fond of the people, the culture, and business customs. Very civilized!

Thank you Smile that help alot I will keep using Alllie under my foundation after anteage serum. I like them both together. I was little worried if sunscreen was providing me enough protection for my melasma. I stop using anteage serum last month for 2 weeks just to check other product ( skinceuticals Metacell ) But i noticed my melasma got worse even though i was using sunscreen every single day. thats why i was in doubt that may be suncreen was not providing protection. But now i stoped using skinceutical metacell and back to Anteage serum my skin start looking better already in few days . Dr. J please invent good sunscreen as well and product for melasma please. Since you travel alot in asia please let us know if you know any other good sunscreen from japan.

Thank you so much for all you help.
hazelwood160
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Hello Dr. J

What do think of 24k gold beauty bar from asia. it says 24k Golden Pulse Beauty Bar is a vibration machine of the gold plate that gives enriching assumed to be living alive to the skin. With 6000 times ion micro-vibrations per minute, makes the skin needed nutrition can quickly into the skin, stimulates the growth of skin cells and improve skins brightness, firmness and elasticity giving you glowing, youthful and radiant skin. It also can increase your skin care product up to 70% more effectively.I think dr. lance has the similar to this one available in the usa.

Thank you
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Sonophoresis is well established to increase skin penetration of molecules. You can read all about that here... http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3050019/pdf/nihms-250886.pdf

I think the cycles per minute must be about 1,000 times higher than that 20khz or 20,000 times per sec). But penetration also depends on watts snd you won't get very high on that in a small battery powered device.

Gold is not as inert as we used to think. It can cause sensitivities and allergies. if yo have gold fillings, you are at increased risk of skin allergy. Gold is a high molecular weight metal as is mercury. It is not as problematic as mercury, but is known to increase inflammatory cytokines.

here is a recent report on gold toxicity to skin http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25458486

I know of no reason why gold ions via sonophoresis would increase skin tone, brightness, or radiance.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Sonophoresis is well established to increase skin penetration of molecules. You can read all about that here... http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3050019/pdf/nihms-250886.pdf

I think the cycles per minute must be about 1,000 times higher than that 20khz or 20,000 times per sec). But penetration also depends on watts snd you won't get very high on that in a small battery powered device.

Gold is not as inert as we used to think. It can cause sensitivities and allergies. if yo have gold fillings, you are at increased risk of skin allergy. Gold is a high molecular weight metal as is mercury. It is not as problematic as mercury, but is known to increase inflammatory cytokines.

here is a recent report on gold toxicity to skin http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25458486

I know of no reason why gold ions via sonophoresis would increase skin tone, brightness, or radiance.

Thank you Smile what is your opinion on device like sqoom or merbe ( ultrasound).Are they worth the investment ? Will they help with sagging skin or product penetration ? If I am already using ante age products and would like to incorporate in my regimen do I have to use ultrasound gel with those device or not neccasary ?or they are just not worth the effort and can cause further damage to skin and time .
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
hazelwood160 wrote:
DrJ wrote:

Thank you Smile what is your opinion on device like sqoom or merbe ( ultrasound).Are they worth the investment ? Will they help with sagging skin or product penetration ? If I am already using ante age products and would like to incorporate in my regimen do I have to use ultrasound gel with those device or not neccasary ?or they are just not worth the effort and can cause further damage to skin and time .

This is a complicated question. Yes, we know scientifically that a combination of ultrasound (US) and iontophoresis (IP) works to get molecules past the skin barrier that would otherwise have a problem related to polarity and to some extend size. Two issues come to mind:

1. There are some molecules that you might not want sneaking through your skin's defensive barrier. Certainly things like fragrances, some preservatives, and many of the chemicals you might find in a typical emulsion. Add dirt and common skin bugs (even the good ones) to the list. We call these troublemakers. If you do use such an instrument, we always like to say cleanse well first, and only apply benign molecules. Of course knowing which are benign can vary from individual to individual. Your immune system can be "sensitized" by prior exposures. An allergic reaction (sensitivity) may result.

You can read on http://barefacedtruth.com about the same issues with microneedling. Which is an even more potent way of breaking through the skin barrier. That is why we created the specialized microneedling solution to match that technology. Only native human molecules may apply. And no predigested HA please - low molecular weight HA is a biosignal telling fibroblasts to make less collagen.

2. It troubles me that the manufacturers of these devices never seem to read the medical literature. sqoom has an ultrasound setting of 1 Mhz or 1,000 khz, but that is about 10 times higher than that shown to help skin penetration. I've only ever seen one marketed device in the right range, I think it was 400 mhz. Same argument on IP, Should be ~ 0.35 mA/cm2. According to the specs, it isn't. If the makers have data to the contrary, they should publish it. Don't ignore the evidence base, please.

Of course this whole topic of skin penetration is fascinating to us who work in the realm of stem cells and growth factors, because we have a natural advantage. Our work involves biosignals, so called paracrine communicators, that work from cell to cell like a game of telephone. We only have to get one molecule (made by a human stem cell) to a skin surface cell then it makes more of the same molecule and sends it to it's neighbor cells, and so on right to the dermis. By the time the dermal matrix is reached, the signal has been amplified & rebroadcast many times across all layers of cells. One molecule becomes hundreds or maybe thousands. You won't get that with any other types of molecules, native to humans or not. This is the special world of biosignals -- cytokines and growth factors. The whole thing is called "paracrine amplification".

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
hazelwood160 wrote:
DrJ wrote:

This is a complicated question. Yes, we know scientifically that a combination of ultrasound (US) and iontophoresis (IP) works to get molecules past the skin barrier that would otherwise have a problem related to polarity and to some extend size. Two issues come to mind:

1. There are some molecules that you might not want sneaking through your skin's defensive barrier. Certainly things like fragrances, some preservatives, and many of the chemicals you might find in a typical emulsion. Add dirt and common skin bugs (even the good ones) to the list. We call these troublemakers. If you do use such an instrument, we always like to say cleanse well first, and only apply benign molecules. Of course knowing which are benign can vary from individual to individual. Your immune system can be "sensitized" by prior exposures. An allergic reaction (sensitivity) may result.

You can read on http://barefacedtruth.com about the same issues with microneedling. Which is an even more potent way of breaking through the skin barrier. That is why we created the specialized microneedling solution to match that technology. Only native human molecules may apply. And no predigested HA please - low molecular weight HA is a biosignal telling fibroblasts to make less collagen.

2. It troubles me that the manufacturers of these devices never seem to read the medical literature. sqoom has an ultrasound setting of 1 Mhz or 1,000 khz, but that is about 10 times higher than that shown to help skin penetration. I've only ever seen one marketed device in the right range, I think it was 400 mhz. Same argument on IP, Should be ~ 0.35 mA/cm2. According to the specs, it isn't. If the makers have data to the contrary, they should publish it. Don't ignore the evidence base, please.

Of course this whole topic of skin penetration is fascinating to us who work in the realm of stem cells and growth factors, because we have a natural advantage. Our work involves biosignals, so called paracrine communicators, that work from cell to cell like a game of telephone. We only have to get one molecule (made by a human stem cell) to a skin surface cell then it makes more of the same molecule and sends it to it's neighbor cells, and so on right to the dermis. By the time the dermal matrix is reached, the signal has been amplified & rebroadcast many times across all layers of cells. One molecule becomes hundreds or maybe thousands. You won't get that with any other types of molecules, native to humans or not. This is the special world of biosignals -- cytokines and growth factors. The whole thing is called "paracrine amplification".

Thanks ! I would like to get your opinion on alpha arbutin for melasma ( long term use) I was thinking to add obagi blender fx at night after serum . I think I will need to mix that with retin a but I also don't want to miss using accelerator . I use accelerator 3-4 nights a week . Should I mix blender fx (arbutin one) with accelator ? Or use accelator 2-3 nights and other nights use Obagi blender fx with retin ? Is arbutin safe to use for long term . I am Asian and have medium skin tone .
Thank you
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
hazelwood160 wrote:

Thanks ! I would like to get your opinion on alpha arbutin for melasma ( long term use) I was thinking to add obagi blender fx at night after serum . I think I will need to mix that with retin a but I also don't want to miss using accelerator . I use accelerator 3-4 nights a week . Should I mix blender fx (arbutin one) with accelator ? Or use accelator 2-3 nights and other nights use Obagi blender fx with retin ? Is arbutin safe to use for long term . I am Asian and have medium skin tone .
Thank you

Alpha arbutin is a safer and less irritating approach to lightening than hydroquinone, although they work on the same pathway. I don't have any concerns about its long term use. You can mix it with accelerator as long as your skin is not irritated by the combo of lactic acid and arbutin in Obagi blend fx.

We love Asian skin. Asian skin loves AnteAge! We have captured the hearts of Japan and Korea (we even have a Cellese Korea) and are growing rapidly in Thailand, Cambodia, Indonesia, China, and Singapore. Our aesthetic research RN is Vietnamese, and our clinic population represents all these countries. We are starting to do the Asian population skin research for our device manufacturing parters who make RF devices, lasers, microneedling pens, etc.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
hazelwood160 wrote:

Thank you

Alpha arbutin is a safer and less irritating approach to lightening than hydroquinone, although they work on the same pathway. I don't have any concerns about its long term use. You can mix it with accelerator as long as your skin is not irritated by the combo of lactic acid and arbutin in Obagi blend fx.

We love Asian skin. Asian skin loves AnteAge! We have captured the hearts of Japan and Korea (we even have a Cellese Korea) and are growing rapidly in Thailand, Cambodia, Indonesia, China, and Singapore. Our aesthetic research RN is Vietnamese, and our clinic population represents all these countries. We are starting to do the Asian population skin research for our device manufacturing parters who make RF devices, lasers, microneedling pens, etc.

Dr.j

I would like to use skinmedica ha5 serum ( new one) should I use that before anteage serum or after .
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:20 am      Reply with quote
hazelwood160 wrote:

Dr.j

I would like to use skinmedica ha5 serum ( new one) should I use that before anteage serum or after .

The HA part is fine, but I'm rather disappointed in SkinMedica of late - it's like they fired all the scientists when the company got bought out by big pharma.

They are including "Vitis vinifera flower stem cells" in this product. What?? Now they are jumping on the snake oil bandwagon of botanical stem cells? Really deceitful (or maybe just plain dumb).

They also seem to confuse HA on top of the skin (it doesn't really absorb as it is huge molecule) with HA in the dermal matrix. Topical HA is a wonderful moisturizer, but neither it (nor dubious stem cells from other kingdoms/species) is going to directly affect the production of matrix deep in the dermis.

BTW you can buy HA on Amazon and make your own solutions for pennies. Just add purified water and let it sit in the fridge. 2% is good. I love HA, but I wouldn't spend a lot on it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:33 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
hazelwood160 wrote:

Dr.j

The HA part is fine, but I'm rather disappointed in SkinMedica of late - it's like they fired all the scientists when the company got bought out by big pharma.

They are including "Vitis vinifera flower stem cells" in this product. What?? Now they are jumping on the snake oil bandwagon of botanical stem cells? Really deceitful (or maybe just plain dumb).

They also seem to confuse HA on top of the skin (it doesn't really absorb as it is huge molecule) with HA in the dermal matrix. Topical HA is a wonderful moisturizer, but neither it (nor dubious stem cells from other kingdoms/species) is going to directly affect the production of matrix deep in the dermis.

BTW you can buy HA on Amazon and make your own solutions for pennies. Just add purified water and let it sit in the fridge. 2% is good. I love HA, but I wouldn't spend a lot on it.

Thank you Smile you saved me spending on useless product. I guess i can just use my asian hada lobo ha product which i can buy for $20 . Can you please let me know what do you think of Skinmedica's new sunscreen total defense . They says it provide total solar protection . Will that be good choice for melasma? I oreder tzio sunscreen but texture i find is too thick under my makeup maybe i ordered the wrong one i got it the one with zinc only. Or should i just stick with my asian sunscreen kanebo allie alpha sunscreen. .
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:35 am      Reply with quote
hazelwood160 wrote:

Thank you Smile you saved me spending on useless product. I guess i can just use my asian hada lobo ha product which i can buy for $20 . Can you please let me know what do you think of Skinmedica's new sunscreen total defense . They says it provide total solar protection . Will that be good choice for melasma? I oreder tzio sunscreen but texture i find is too thick under my makeup maybe i ordered the wrong one i got it the one with zinc only. Or should i just stick with my asian sunscreen kanebo allie alpha sunscreen. .

Skinmedica total defense not much different to your kanebo allie. Mainly enzymatic ingredients with a sprinkling of TiO2. Tizo makes many different versions of mineral (Titanium Dioxide & Zinc Oxide) based sunscreens, and many are compatible with makeup. There are some issues with enzymes so some authorities says mineral is better. Others say enzymes better. I'm on the fence, but I currently trust Tizo a lot more (a physician heads that company) since SkinMedica seems to have lost its science advisors (see stem cell pseudoscience reference above). I hope they hire them back.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:12 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
hazelwood160 wrote:

Skinmedica total defense not much different to your kanebo allie. Mainly enzymatic ingredients with a sprinkling of TiO2. Tizo makes many different versions of mineral (Titanium Dioxide & Zinc Oxide) based sunscreens, and many are compatible with makeup. There are some issues with enzymes so some authorities says mineral is better. Others say enzymes better. I'm on the fence, but I currently trust Tizo a lot more (a physician heads that company) since SkinMedica seems to have lost its science advisors (see stem cell pseudoscience reference above). I hope they hire them back.

But acccording to skinmedica it has advanced antioxidant complex which provide complete protection? what do you think of that.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
hazelwood160 wrote:

But acccording to skinmedica it has advanced antioxidant complex which provide complete protection? what do you think of that.

Antioxidants may be the most overhyped concept in skin care. And in health care in general. Here is what the real science says:

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/antioxidants/

Nearly every plant on earth is rich in antioxidants. In the lab you can quench free radicals with just about any extract of just about any species. But in the body, or on the skin?

To quote my most learned academic colleagues "I am underwhelmed by the evidence".

Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Dr J,

I just purchased the AnteAGE set and look forward to using it. My husband was diagnosed with vitiligo, the affected area is on his face where he has lost pigment. I have been studying the disease and trying to understand the etiology to explore treatment options for him. While the cause seems up for discussion and debate, everything that that I've read indicates that abnormal local skin environment, cell activity, and inflammation destroy the melanin producing cells in the affected area. I would be interested in your thoughts on whether a product such as AnteAGE with so many anti-inflammatory properties could be beneficial for some dealing with the effects of vitiligo. I would also appreciate any additional insights you may have on this condition. Either way, he started using your product last night, and we both will. Thank you, Lindsey
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Lindseyc32 wrote:
Dr J,

I just purchased the AnteAGE set and look forward to using it. My husband was diagnosed with vitiligo, the affected area is on his face where he has lost pigment. I have been studying the disease and trying to understand the etiology to explore treatment options for him. While the cause seems up for discussion and debate, everything that that I've read indicates that abnormal local skin environment, cell activity, and inflammation destroy the melanin producing cells in the affected area. I would be interested in your thoughts on whether a product such as AnteAGE with so many anti-inflammatory properties could be beneficial for some dealing with the effects of vitiligo. I would also appreciate any additional insights you may have on this condition. Either way, he started using your product last night, and we both will. Thank you, Lindsey

Hi Lindsey,

Vitiligo occurs when melanocytes (pigment cells) in skin are destroyed or put to sleep by our own immune cells. There are many root causes. We have had experience with one difficult case of post-infection vitiligo/hypopigmentation where AnteAge made a significant difference. Our hypothesis is that melanocytes can be reawakened from a state of dormancy when a favorable cytokine environment is established for their normal function. It may be an epigenetic event, responding to pigment synthetic pathway mRNA's made by stem cells. And by instilling an anti-inflammatory environment. Please take pictures at the start and monthly to track progress, and share them with us (docs@barefacedtruth.com). We may also want to send you some super potent stem cell concentrates (like microneedling solution) to try as a booster.

Thanks, DrJ

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:49 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Lindseyc32 wrote:
Dr J,

Hi Lindsey,

Vitiligo occurs when melanocytes (pigment cells) in skin are destroyed or put to sleep by our own immune cells. There are many root causes. We have had experience with one difficult case of post-infection vitiligo/hypopigmentation where AnteAge made a significant difference. Our hypothesis is that melanocytes can be reawakened from a state of dormancy when a favorable cytokine environment is established for their normal function. It may be an epigenetic event, responding to pigment synthetic pathway mRNA's made by stem cells. And by instilling an anti-inflammatory environment. Please take pictures at the start and monthly to track progress, and share them with us (docs@barefacedtruth.com). We may also want to send you some super potent stem cell concentrates (like microneedling solution) to try as a booster.

Thanks, DrJ

Dr. J,

Can you use micro needling solution without micro needing? if yes before or after serum or without serum.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:03 am      Reply with quote
hazelwood160 wrote:

Dr. J,

Can you use micro needling solution without micro needing? if yes before or after serum or without serum.

You can, but it was designed specifically for use during and after procedures where the skin defensive barrier is disrupted. It only contains human growth factors and hyaluronic acid, both being native to human skin (humans make it) , and thus unlikely to cause allergic or hypersensitivity reactions or other problems. This answers two problems - 1. keeping away troublemakers, and 2. providing something truly effective and thereby augmenting the effects of procedures (e.g. microneedling). Win-win.

But when the skin barrier is intact, you don't need to avoid the other beneficial molecules in AnteAGE (that are non-native), so using the microneedling solution alone would deprive you of those.

So, yes you can use it any time, but why not use the whole system as long as it is safe?

Having said that I will confess that I and others I know carry a 2c rollerball vial of MN solution around in our pockets and apply for everything from cuts and scrapes and burns to dry lips or anything inflamed. The healing power of those stem cell cytokines is quite remarkable.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:54 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
hazelwood160 wrote:

Dr. J,

You can, but it was designed specifically for use during and after procedures where the skin defensive barrier is disrupted. It only contains human growth factors and hyaluronic acid, both being native to human skin (humans make it) , and thus unlikely to cause allergic or hypersensitivity reactions or other problems. This answers two problems - 1. keeping away troublemakers, and 2. providing something truly effective and thereby augmenting the effects of procedures (e.g. microneedling). Win-win.

But when the skin barrier is intact, you don't need to avoid the other beneficial molecules in AnteAGE (that are non-native), so using the microneedling solution alone would deprive you of those.

So, yes you can use it any time, but why not use the whole system as long as it is safe?

Having said that I will confess that I and others I know carry a 2c rollerball vial of MN solution around in our pockets and apply for everything from cuts and scrapes and burns to dry lips or anything inflamed. The healing power of those stem cell cytokines is quite remarkable.

Thank you:) I will apply on my neck then i guess i burnt my self while curling my hair.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
hazelwood160 wrote:
DrJ wrote:
hazelwood160 wrote:

Dr. J,

Thank you:) I will apply on my neck then i guess i burnt my self while curling my hair.

And to bolster my point, today I underwent 1 mm microneedling by Dr. Lance Setterfield (he is training our new nurse). I am doing a split face of AnteAGE MD microneedling solution on one side, nothing but saline on the other. I have my AnteAGE rollerball in my pocket. I can feel the difference. I'll let you know how it looks tomorrow.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Can i please ask you why dont you use usps or canada post to ship out any more . You use fedex to ship to canada which cost more to us.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:19 am      Reply with quote
hazelwood160 wrote:
Can i please ask you why dont you use usps or canada post to ship out any more . You use fedex to ship to canada which cost more to us.

hazelwood, I see what you mean. It may have happened because Canada Post kept losing or mangling parcels. Or because they go on strike whenever there are hockey playoffs on TV.

Being Canadian myself I can make these wry but astute observations Smile

I will try to fix that ASAP.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |