Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review: Cellese AnteAGE Serum & Accelerator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo, I hope you will share with us the details and results from your Ionzyme treatments. Razz

DrJ - I hope you will also share with us the details of your discussion and any collaboration with Dr. Setterfield. Smile

BFG
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy That's about the tenth study/trial you announce dr J. When can we see the results?
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Very Happy That's about the tenth study/trial you announce dr J. When can we see the results?

DrJ wrote:

I want to do a study in this age group.

Lotusesther, I don't think you read that right.
Saying "I want to" is not the same as announcing onset of a trial. There are many steps in between.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Well, I ordered a bottle of the Anteage Serum, so I'm officially joining this club! I only ordered the serum, though. I want to continue using CPs and the CPs will conflict with the Vit C in the Accelerator. I also have a slew of Retin A (pre-ordered a year's worth) and Vit C, so I don't need those ingredients in the Accelerator as well. I do hope just using the Serum 2X/day provides me with enough exposure to the cytokines to be beneficial.

I do see a lot of overlapping on the benefits of cytokines that CPs also do, so hopefully the cytokines in the serum will be a great compliment to the CPs!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:57 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

I do see a lot of overlapping on the benefits of cytokines that CPs also do, so hopefully the cytokines in the serum will be a great compliment to the CPs!

Foxe, how will use be using the 2? Serum fist, or CP first?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:01 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
foxe wrote:

Good question riley - I hope Dr J can address this. I would think that the rule of absorbency would apply here. I use the serums for CPs and they are as thin as water. They seem to sink into my skin very fast. So, for CPs, me thinks that would be first? Unless Dr J says otherwise or if he thinks a long wait time is in order.

Regarding Vit C, I believe he told someone else that a fairly long wait time is needed due to the pH of the L-AA serums. Again - I think the Vit C would be first due to it being very thin and would absorb faster than the cream of the Anteage Serum??

With Retin A, I would give that a long wait time and apply the Retin A over the Anteage Serum. Again, Dr J - your thoughts here?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:31 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
foxe wrote:

Good question riley - I hope Dr J can address this. I would think that the rule of absorbency would apply here. I use the serums for CPs and they are as thin as water. They seem to sink into my skin very fast. So, for CPs, me thinks that would be first? Unless Dr J says otherwise or if he thinks a long wait time is in order.

Regarding Vit C, I believe he told someone else that a fairly long wait time is needed due to the pH of the L-AA serums. Again - I think the Vit C would be first due to it being very thin and would absorb faster than the cream of the Anteage Serum??

With Retin A, I would give that a long wait time and apply the Retin A over the Anteage Serum. Again, Dr J - your thoughts here?

If these are all being delivered by soupy serums, and none are being helped by liposomes or nanosomes, Then I would suggest all before AnteAGE serum. Give them a chance to penetrate to the best of their ability, wait 10 mins. CP's don't worry me in terms of compatibility. There is some overlap (they purport to increase some of the same cytokines that AnteAGE deliver directly). But it's not a competitive pathway. Banish MMP's!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:19 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
foxe wrote:

Vit A actually absorbs very quickly if not bound up by oils or sustained release technology. What doesn't get absorbed is mainly degraded by proteases at the surface.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:55 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:

Vit A actually absorbs very quickly if not bound up by oils or sustained release technology. What doesn't get absorbed is mainly degraded by proteases at the surface.

So, would it be better to apply Retin A first, then have a wait time before the AnteAge? BTW-The half life of most retinoids like Retin A is about 90 minutes(if my memory serves me right), but I usually waited about 45mins in the past before applying another product. Currently, I am using Retin A Micro, though. With its different delivery system, that might change things a bit as you mentioned above. Would that mean RAM after the Anteage? How long?

Quote:
If these are all being delivered by soupy serums, and none are being helped by liposomes or nanosomes, Then I would suggest all before AnteAGE serum. Give them a chance to penetrate to the best of their ability, wait 10 mins. CP's don't worry me in terms of compatibility. There is some overlap (they purport to increase some of the same cytokines that AnteAGE deliver directly). But it's not a competitive pathway.

Thank you for your response on this - it helps a lot.

Quote:
Banish MMP's!
- care to explain your thoughts on this a little more?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:15 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
DrJ wrote:

So, would it be better to apply Retin A first, then have a wait time before the AnteAge? BTW-The half life of most retinoids like Retin A is about 90 minutes(if my memory serves me right), but I usually waited about 45mins in the past before applying another product. Currently, I am using Retin A Micro, though. With its different delivery system, that might change things a bit as you mentioned above. Would that mean RAM after the Anteage? How long?

Quote:
If these are all being delivered by soupy serums, and none are being helped by liposomes or nanosomes, Then I would suggest all before AnteAGE serum. Give them a chance to penetrate to the best of their ability, wait 10 mins. CP's don't worry me in terms of compatibility. There is some overlap (they purport to increase some of the same cytokines that AnteAGE deliver directly). But it's not a competitive pathway.

Quote:
Banish MMP's!

In that case I would do the retin-A after the AnteAGE. Wait 30 minutes if you can. Not critical.

Declaring war on those nasty MMP's. Multi-pronged attack. They cannot resist.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Frodo, I hope you will share with us the details and results from your Ionzyme treatments. Razz BFG

I am also interested to know!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
foxe wrote:
DrJ wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
Banish MMP's!

In that case I would do the retin-A after the AnteAGE. Wait 30 minutes if you can. Not critical.

What are MMPs and why are you against them? TIA
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
foxe wrote:
DrJ wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
Banish MMP's!

I tried this once. I applied the AnteAGE serum then waited 30 minutes and applied Retin A Micro. I got kind of a tingly feeling. I didn't feel like the RAM was able to penetrate through the AnteAGE serum so I decided against using the products this way. I just use the serum once per day. Dr. J do you think it is still beneficial to use the serum once per day or is twice a day a must? I have experienced some benefit from just using it once a day so I'm thinking just once a day is OK.

Also Dr. J, the most benefit I have gotten from using the serum once per day is that it got rid of my milia (I'm still working on the milia under my eyes) can you tell me how that was possible? It seems like the serum softened the milia so I was able to extract it. Do you know how that worked?
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
DrJ wrote:
foxe wrote:
DrJ wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
Banish MMP's!

What are MMPs and why are you against them? TIA

Matrix Metalloproteinases. Eat up your collagen and elastin.

http://www.rndsystems.com/mini_review_detail_objectname_MR99_MMPs.aspx

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
DrJ wrote:
foxe wrote:
DrJ wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
Banish MMP's!

I tried this once. I applied the AnteAGE serum then waited 30 minutes and applied Retin A Micro. I got kind of a tingly feeling. I didn't feel like the RAM was able to penetrate through the AnteAGE serum so I decided against using the products this way. I just use the serum once per day. Dr. J do you think it is still beneficial to use the serum once per day or is twice a day a must? I have experienced some benefit from just using it once a day so I'm thinking just once a day is OK.

Also Dr. J, the most benefit I have gotten from using the serum once per day is that it got rid of my milia (I'm still working on the milia under my eyes) can you tell me how that was possible? It seems like the serum softened the milia so I was able to extract it. Do you know how that worked?

Milia are cycts. For cysts to persist (e.g. acne, milia, any kind), there must be chronic inflammation. Once you tackle that (tell those mast cells to "lay off") the cyst walls start to be broken down by proteases and mopped up by phagocytes. Serum fills the gap. Then new matrix starts to build in the area, pushing the milia contents toward the surface.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Dr. J do you think it is still beneficial to use the serum once per day or is twice a day a must? I have experienced some benefit from just using it once a day so I'm thinking just once a day is OK.

I would like your input on this Dr J. Is once a day ok and will just take a longer time for results? If not why is it necessary to use it twice a day?

And how is the serum able to soften milia?
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
jom wrote:
Dr. J do you think it is still beneficial to use the serum once per day or is twice a day a must? I have experienced some benefit from just using it once a day so I'm thinking just once a day is OK.

I would like your input on this Dr J. Is once a day ok and will just take a longer time for results? If not why is it necessary to use it twice a day?

And how is the serum able to soften milia?

Once a day good, twice a day better. I believe it will take longer with once. See above re- milia.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:

Milia are cycts. For cysts to persist (e.g. acne, milia, any kind), there must be chronic inflammation. Once you tackle that (tell those mast cells to "lay off") the cyst walls start to be broken down by proteases and mopped up by phagocytes. Serum fills the gap. Then new matrix starts to build in the area, pushing the milia contents toward the surface.

Thanks Dr. J. Yes, that is exactly what seems to have happened and with just using the serum once per day. It also happened with a small cyst I had. My face is now bump free except for the milia that persist under my eyes but I'm not poking at them the way I did with the others. But even those have been diminished.
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
I piggy-backed on this post from back-when because your answers, Dr. J, seem poignant and relevant now,
DrJ wrote:
Tiny wrote:
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered, but I really have waded through all the pages, and if this was I missed it. Is this product suppose to "reverse" aging (so to speak)? By that I mean, its purported on ISCO thread by a few, that lines and wrinkles (albeit a year later) are gone.

I keep seeing lines bragging on 29-49% wrinkle reduction, ect. While that's better than 0, I am looking for the real deal; a half a wrinkles still a wrinkle.

Now I am not insane, and I do not expect ZERO lines on my face, I just can't find what exactly should be expected from this line. Loyalty program or not, this will be costly to invest in, not only money but time. So simple question, what can I expect?

TIA

Hi Tiny. These are really hard questions. I'll do my best.

How well any product works for you has so many variables to consider. In addition to all the product variables (actives, concentrations, their mechanisms, duration of treatment, etc) there are the user variables (age, sex, skin type, genetics, exposure to environments like sun & chemicals over your lifetime, sensitivities, etc). That is why each person's journey really is an experiment. It starts with building a knowledge base, making wise selections, and (as many here point out) you need to stick with it long enough to give it a chance.

If you look at the details of any clinical trial you sill see that not all people respond to any given product. There is always a "failure rate". The top line summary usually blends together the experiences of a group of people, but by "averaging" you tend to gloss over individual differences. In Cellese's recent clinical trial we had several people who did not benefit at all (I think it was 4%). We had people who experienced what they would call profound transformations at the other end of the spectrum. In the middle is a normal distribution. The mean of that was much higher than we expected, but ot is still a mean. Where would you fall on the distribution?

These kinds of data can help you compare one study to another. But that is not the same as knowing where you will fall in the distribution. All of this says you also need to take a leap of faith. By hanging out on forums like these you at least get a chance to ask a lot of questions and talk to other users. But at the end of the day you have to make a reasoned choice and go with it. Take a calculated risk.

Watch out for statements like "50% reduction in wrinkles". Are they averaging wrinkle size, number of wrinkles, or what? The number of people who went from having to not having? And yes, it can take 3-6 months to get to the maximum benefit part of the time/dose curve.

In terms of what to expect, again so many variables. Look at the clinical trial results as a guide. Do the issues that concern you most seem to have reached a level of success in those 49 people that it makes you want to invest in a personal experiment? If not, you may want to look around for something that better suits your financial risk taking comfort zone. You won't be on the leading edge, but there are some tried and true actives that may be "just right" for you.

Thanks, DR.J, for your most current response re: mature skin clinical study results and my concern as they relate to mature skin (grandma and another relative up in their years.}
I also read weeks earlier in this thread in response to my concern about efficacy of product on very mature skin, and that your mom and mother-in-law are using the anteage. (YOU ARE A GOOD SON AND SON-IN-LAW)
But, again, you really don't need to repeat the statistics.
Not only have I read the anteage web site months ago, but again, you already responded to the study results on very mature skin.
But I remember reading something you posted somewhere at EDS (which , of course, I can't find)
perhaps posted by you somewhere in some thread when you were being very lucid and initially at your entrepenurial stage of insecurity

that you believed that the anteage product was really a work in progress for those with mature skin. Hence my suggestion to add ingredients that could provide a little OOMMPH for the elderly.
I really quite don't know how to explain to someone elderly,
"Well, if you continue to use this anteage stuff for A LONG TIME it will really work for you. Response: "What do you mean LONG TIME?"

Sorry the ingredients I suggesested were duds.
The rahn-group had some interesting data on Reforcyl (SOFW Journal, 5-2-11, International Journal for Applied Science- English Edition, that caught my eye.
And argereline, yes topical botox, seemed to be wow-ing alot of elderly women in past few years.
Again, sorry.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
You did remind me of a thread in my thinking that relates to mature skin and the challenge of making an impact later in the game. On the one hand I want to say it will take ten years off your appearance. But when you are 85 maybe 75 doesn't do it for you. And if you read anteage.com and BFT you also know I'm into an ultimate "wrinkle acceptance" paradigm where we mature to a point of making peace with the aging process. I think maybe the answer is that the goals change. A little less what looks "young" and a little more what looks "oldie but goodie". Healthy older skin. Nice, soft well hydrated, nice glow, good texture, even colored, no hollows. With all that, a few wrinkles as adornment maybe just good enough.

I'm not sure if it's on the current show reel, but we do have some video clips of a quite adorable woman in her mid 70's (actually an esthetician, still practicing). She loves the changes in her skin. And 10 years younger looking was quite satisfactory her, along with the other changes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:

So, the AnteAGE is decreasing inflammation, which is "healing" the cysts? I am confused by "serum fills the gap" comment by you. What do you mean by that?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DrJ wrote:

So, the AnteAGE is decreasing inflammation, which is "healing" the cysts? I am confused by "serum fills the gap" comment by you. What do you mean by that?

The cysts aren't necessarily "healed" more like pushed to the surface so I was able to poke them out.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

The cysts aren't necessarily "healed" more like pushed to the surface so I was able to poke them out.

So, by decreasing inflammation, the cysts are pushed to the surface? Sorry, I am not understanding this and it reminds me of the "buried damage" debate with the copper peptides! (On a side note, I thought all milia were able to be extracted, albeit usually with a needle. Or am I thinking of something else?!)
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
jom wrote:

So, by decreasing inflammation, the cysts are pushed to the surface? Sorry, I am not understanding this and it reminds me of the "buried damage" debate with the copper peptides! (On a side note, I thought all milia were able to be extracted, albeit usually with a needle. Or am I thinking of something else?!)

I have heard that dermatologists are able to extract milia although I do not know how they do it. I have asked a couple of dermatologists about the milia under my eyes and they have said there is nothing they can do. I have MANY milia bumps under my eyes and I think it would be too damaging to try to do anything about them. I never asked about the milia I had on my jaw and chin. I have tried over the years to "extract" the milia myself (by exfoliating, using tweezers, just trying to "scratch" them out with my fingers) but it is like having little rocks under your skin and they don't budge. Since I started using the AnteAGE it seems like the milia got softer and pushed closer to the surface so I was able to "extract them by scratching with my fingers and using tweezers (I wouldn't recommend this to anyone). I was also able to pull out a small cyst I had on my face. They just looked different since I started using the AnteAGE so I decided to play with them again to see if I could get them out and I was able to. I am still not 100% clear on how it happens but it does seem that what Dr. J said about the cyst walls being broken down and the cyst moving to the surface is what happened. I'm not entirely convinced that the cysts are caused by chronic inflammation so I don't know if the AnteAGE is decreasing inflammation maybe Dr. J can explain the process again, in layman's terms.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:09 am      Reply with quote
It's my understanding that milia is not caused by inflammation but by a blockage of the glands by keratin. They are best removed by exfoliation.

I've done allot of research into cysts because I suffer from sebaceous hyperplasia which, again, is caused by a blockage of the glands. There is no absolute "cure" for this condition - but I've found that cutting out the use of heavy creams has helped enormously. It's one of the reasons why I prefer to use oils.

Jom, could it be that prior to starting AnteAGE you were using heavier products and the lighter consistency of the Celesse products has suited your skin better and haven't built up on the skin so much.

Personally, I would recommend doing a Lactic Acid peel once a week. This has really helped with my condition.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |