Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Cellese AnteAGE Serum & Accelerator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Any thoughts on whether the anteage product might help with syringoma due to the cytokine action?
There have been discussions on this board before, but essentially, most dermatologists feel it is a benign condition where the laser/surgical "cures" may be worse than the condition itself.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Alexya wrote:
Any thoughts on whether the anteage product might help with syringoma due to the cytokine action?
There have been discussions on this board before, but essentially, most dermatologists feel it is a benign condition where the laser/surgical "cures" may be worse than the condition itself.

Good question. We haven't heard any reports as of yet. So called eruptive syringomas may represent a hyperplastic response of the eccrine duct to an inflammatory reaction, so one could speculate potential benefit.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Alexya wrote:

Good question. We haven't heard any reports as of yet. So called eruptive syringomas may represent a hyperplastic response of the eccrine duct to an inflammatory reaction, so one could speculate potential benefit.

I'm still a little confused about the inflammation aspect. As I stated previously, I have sebaceous hyperplasia which I've pretty much got under control. But to my knowledge, I've never had any inflammation. Of course, it could be that there is something going on deep in the dermis - but wouldn't that be evident in some kind of redness or an an acne like response? I've been to numerous dermatologists about this condition and all say that it's either hereditory or caused simply by overactive oil glands - they never mentioned anything about inflammation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
I changed my mind, and have decided to use the AnteAGE serum on my neck and chest for the remainder of the product. I have been doing so for 1 week now. I want to see if I get any improvement in this area, as my neck and chest are pretty bad looking. I have Poikiloderma of Civatte on my neck and it is not pretty. Will report when my bottles run out if this area has improved. I did take photos just in case and if I have improvement, I will post them.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:27 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I changed my mind, and have decided to use the AnteAGE serum on my neck and chest for the remainder of the product.

You are still using it on your face as well, right?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:32 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
I changed my mind, and have decided to use the AnteAGE serum on my neck and chest for the remainder of the product.

You are still using it on your face as well, right?

No, not at the moment. I want to test it on my neck/chest and I honestly can't afford to use it in all areas. That would get too expensive. I also realized that the redness relief was not permanent (at least at this time in my usage of it) because as soon as I introduced something else, the redness returned.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:56 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

No, not at the moment. I want to test it on my neck/chest and I honestly can't afford to use it in all areas. That would get too expensive. I also realized that the redness relief was not permanent (at least at this time in my usage of it) because as soon as I introduced something else, the redness returned.

I am not even dreaming about finding a topical that would reduce my redness permanently. May I ask what you introduced?

My hope with this product is that it will allow me to tolerate Retin A and Vit C. Do you think the serum will help me to achieve that?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:01 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

I am not even dreaming about finding a topical that would reduce my redness permanently. May I ask what you introduced?

My hope with this product is that it will allow me to tolerate Retin A and Vit C. Do you think the serum will help me to achieve that?

I know. I need to give up on my dream of finding something permanent for the redness! I introduced the AVST.

It definitely may help, RussianSunshine. Really the only way to know is to give it a try!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:32 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Really the only way to know is to give it a try!

Yeah, I am waiting for it to come, as you can see, quite impatiently Very Happy
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Wish I could share the whole paper. It's brilliant.

Stem Cell Res Ther. 2012 May 31;3(3):20.

Mesenchymal stem cell therapy for attenuation of scar formation during wound healing.
Jackson WM, Nesti LJ, Tuan RS.
Source

Center for Cellular and Molecular Engineering, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, 450 Technology Drive, Room 221, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA. tuanrocky@gmail.com.
Abstract

ABSTRACT: Scars are a consequence of cutaneous wound healing that can be both unsightly and detrimental to the function of the tissue. Scar tissue is generated by excessive deposition of extracellular matrix tissue by wound healing fibroblasts and myofibroblasts, and although it is inferior to the uninjured skin, it is able to restore integrity to the boundary between the body and its environment. Scarring is not a necessary process to repair the dermal tissues. Rather, scar tissue forms due to specific mechanisms that occur during the adult wound healing process and are modulated primarily by the inflammatory response at the site of injury. Adult tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells, which participate in normal wound healing, are trophic mediators of tissue repair. These cells participate in attenuating inflammation in the wound and reprogramming the resident immune and wound healing cells to favor tissue regeneration and inhibit fibrotic tissue formation. As a result, these cells have been considered and tested as a likely candidate for a cellular therapy to promote scar-less wound healing. This review identifies specific mechanisms by which mesenchymal stem cells can limit tissue fibrosis and summarizes recent in vivo studies where these cells have been used successfully to limit scar formation.

5% products discount

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:26 am      Reply with quote
DrJ, would that include any hyperpigmentation that often (or in my case, always) presents with scarring? Thanks
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
2dagym wrote:
DrJ, would that include any hyperpigmentation that often (or in my case, always) presents with scarring? Thanks

Yes. We are seeing results for hyperpigmentation from a variety of sources.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
We have spoken to dozens of device manufacturers in the last several days. We are turning heads with our rapid healing paradigm. Some already have clients who have reported very rapid healing, and amplified results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
We have spoken to dozens of device manufacturers in the last several days. We are turning heads with our rapid healing paradigm. Some already have clients who have reported very rapid healing, and amplified results.

Dr. J, when you talk about rapid healing what are you referring to. Like after a laser treatment,peel or dermarolling?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
DrJ wrote:

Dr. J, when you talk about rapid healing what are you referring to. Like after a laser treatment,peel or dermarolling?

Laser, dermarolling primarily. We have some experience with peels as well, but because it is acid killing off surface layers of cells, we are find that AneAGE interferes - people aren't peeling with the usual doses. Its controlling the immune cells, not buffering the low pH of the acid. Some dermatologists are liking that because they can use stronger peels, working down to deeper layers. We are looking at the best timing to start AnteAGE after a peel. For laser and rolling its right away.

We are also looking at LED. That supposedly has a different mechanism of action, but the synergy makes sense.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Report from IESCS, Day 2. A small army of estheticians wearing Truth Matters buttons, armed with knowledge about the difference between plant, fat, and mobile mesenchymal stem cells, abuzz about stem cytokines. Mission accomplished.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Report from IESCS, Day 2. A small army of estheticians wearing Truth Matters buttons, armed with knowledge about the difference between plant, fat, and mobile mesenchymal stem cells, abuzz about stem cytokines. Mission accomplished.

So happy for you Dr. J. Sounds like you had lots of fun. In this case lets hope what happens in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas! What does IESCS stand for?
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:

Did you have time to drop a quarter?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
DrJ wrote:

So happy for you Dr. J. Sounds like you had lots of fun. In this case lets hope what happens in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas! What does IESCS stand for?

International Esthetician Cosmetics and Spa Conference. Now I thought this was a sedate group, then I went up the escalator and found the salon portion. It was a carnival! Haircutting contests (amazing stagecraft, really entertaining, you have to see to believe). Wild & crazy. Dr J now knows what a brazilian is, having innocently stumbled into one being demonstrated. Well, it is Vegas. I guess there is a world beyond stem cells.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
DrJ wrote:

Did you have time to drop a quarter?

Not yet~too busy!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
International Esthetician Cosmetics and Spa Conference. Now I thought this was a sedate group, then I went up the escalator and found the salon portion. It was a carnival! Haircutting contests (amazing stagecraft, really entertaining, you have to see to believe). Wild & crazy. Dr J now knows what a brazilian is, having innocently stumbled into one being demonstrated. Well, it is Vegas. I guess there is a world beyond stem cells.

Laughing Thanks for making me laugh out loud when, yet again, insomnia rules. Laughing

Sensitivity, forehead pigmentation & elevens, nose & chin clogged pores. Topicals: Aloe vera, squalane, lactic acid, Myfawnie KinNiaNag HG: Weleda calendula, Lanolips, Guinot masque essentiel, Flexitol Naturals, Careprost. Gadgets: Vaughter dermarollers, Lightstim.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
jom wrote:
DrJ wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing (If you could only see the picture in my mind) I guess you are having fun! Don't have TOO much! Laughing Laughing
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:22 am      Reply with quote
This now has me curious as to the differences between spa/esthetician vs. cosmetic derms vs. cosmetic surgeon conferences in terms of exhibitors, presentations, etc.

Thanks for the reporting.

BFG
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hey J,
Just checking in to see what happened with the sample issue. I was going to PM you but for some reason PM isn't working for me.
I got mine last week, as did my relative.
We live in different states.
Both of our sets of samples had just a very small dab of the product, less than the size of a quarter of a laptop key spread out, to give you a frame of reference. The samples didn't even cover the bottom of the container.
I wondered what was being done to correct this. I emailed customer service but have not heard back, so I thought I would write to you directly. I would really like to give the product a fair trial, as would my SIL.
Thanks.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I got the serum today and paid $30 taxes. Holy crap.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |