Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Review: Cellese AnteAGE Serum & Accelerator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Yikes, my computer's hold on this forum is tenuous.

brierrose, could you tell any difference between the lifeline and the anteage that you could share?

And finally Dr. J, can you compare how anteage works vs. the Skin remodelling theory of Copper peptides?
And can CP and the anteage be used at the same time? What is your recommendation for use of both in the same skin routine? Or do you think the products would be an unnecessary overlap?

thanks for any light either of you can share on this. I am wildly curious...
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Alexya wrote:

brierrose, could you tell any difference between the lifeline and the anteage that you could share?

And finally Dr. J, can you compare how anteage works vs. the Skin remodelling theory of Copper peptides?
And can CP and the anteage be used at the same time? What is your recommendation for use of both in the same skin routine? Or do you think the products would be an unnecessary overlap?

Hi Alexya. Yes, you can use CPs and AnteAGE at the same time, and yes there is is some theoretical overlap. If you peer through the CP explanations at Dr. P's site, you will notice a lot of reference to the effects of CU++ on tissue remodeling. If you drill down you see that the intermediaries in this effect are cytokines, including the suppression of TGF-beta-1, TNF-alpha, and IL-1 (inflammatory cytokines). Within the cytokine system there are typically inverse pairs. The way AnteAGE decreases TGF-beta-1 and beta-2 (both associated with scarring) is by directly providing TGF-beta-3, which are in natural physiologic balance. So you see, both are ultimately working at the cytokine level. There is no known upper limit to the benefit of TGF-beta-3, so the combination is fine. Both approaches are very anti-inflammatory, as both involve anti-inflammatory cytokines. Cu++ peptides have been around a long time, and there are many who will tell you they can be damaging (to some people). I have not seen it personally, nor is there any scientific literature that documents this. Some swear by CuP, some swear at it. But the science about how it works is solid. Excellent question. Thanks for asking.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Ok, I got the serum today and paid $30 taxes. Holy crap.

Canada, right?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Alexya wrote:

Hi Alexya,

In fairness to Lifeline I don't think one month is enough time to know the potential of a product. In all honesty though I do prefer AnteAGE and think it is superior in quality. Like Jom stated the AnteAGE serum has substance, for want of a better word and a little goes a long way. The Lifeline serum is more of a light cream. I did have some irritation when starting the Lifeline serum which did improve but with AnteAGE my skin feels calmer.

I am liking the texture of my skin better since using AnteAGE. I don't know how to explain it other than it feels younger. Results have been quicker than I expected. I am seeing improvement in hydration, brightness, firmness and a more even skin tone. For these reasons and because of the actives/ingredients besides the cytokines in the formula I will continue with the AnteAGE products. Hope this helps a little.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:

Ohh RS, sorry to hear that. I was hoping you wouldn't get nabbed with that exra cost!
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
RS,
That's a painful tax hit! Ouch! What's the law for taxing it so much?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

Canada, right?

Yep! Mad
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
DrJ wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

Canada, right?

Yep! Mad

I am going to brainstorm this with the team, see what they can come up with. Maybe a tax rebate program.

5% products discount

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. J,
AnteAGE has reduce the redness and broken capillaries from my rosacea, but I would like them reduced even more. I have been using the product for two months and it works better than my prescriptions. I am still experiencing flushing with the occasional bright red face or nose. Lucky me.

I know that people with rosacea have had great results using your product. Did all of their redness, broken capillaries and flushing disappear? Will we ever be able to reduce the amount of product that we use, or will we need to use it twice a day forever?

I am considering IPL treatments. Would the IPL enhance the AnteAGE, and it is considered a safe treatment?
Thanks
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:05 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:
DrJ wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

Canada, right?

Yep! Mad

I am going to brainstorm this with the team, see what they can come up with. Maybe a tax rebate program.

Yes, please!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:13 am      Reply with quote
Alexya wrote:

Yes, I would like to know the answer this question as well.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:37 am      Reply with quote
We were talking yesterday about Cu++ peptides and about crossover effects with MSC-derived cytokines. Recall Dr.P's research showing Cu++ important in diminishing MMP's (proteases that break down collagen). This article stress how BM-MSC derived cytokines are "matrix-protective" when exposed to pro-inflammatory cytokines and hypoxia, countering these stresses with increased TIMP-1 expression and augmented MMP-inhibition. Very interesting stuff.

Hope this is not too nerdy. Do we need a separate science thread for this kind of stuff?

Mesenchymal stem cells inhibit both endogenous and exogenous MMPs via secreted TIMPs

Journal of Cellular Physiology

Abstract

Mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) have been shown to be perivascular, occupying a prime location for regulating vessel stability. Here, we focused on the MSC-contribution of key regulators of the perivascular niche, the matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and their inhibitors, the TIMPs. Despite secretion of active forms of MMPs by MSCs, MMP enzyme activity was not detected in MSC-conditioned medium (MSC-CM) due to TIMP-mediated inhibition. By means of bifunctional-crosslinking to probe endogenous MMP:TIMP interactions, we showed MMP-2-inhibition by TIMP-2. MSCs also inhibited high levels of exogenous MMP-2 and MMP-9 through TIMP-2 and TIMP-1, respectively. Furthermore, MSC-CM protected vascular matrix molecules and endothelial cell structures from MMP-induced disruption. MSCs remained matrix-protective when exposed to pro-inflammatory cytokines and hypoxia, countering these stresses with increased TIMP-1 expression and augmented MMP-inhibition. Thus, MSCs are revealed as robust sources of TIMP-mediated MMP-inhibition, capable of protecting the perivascular niche from high levels of MMPs even under pathological conditions. J. Cell. Physiol. 226: 385–396, 2011.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Sunshinetreasure wrote:
Dr. J,
AnteAGE has reduce the redness and broken capillaries from my rosacea, but I would like them reduced even more. I have been using the product for two months and it works better than my prescriptions. I am still experiencing flushing with the occasional bright red face or nose. Lucky me.

I know that people with rosacea have had great results using your product. Did all of their redness, broken capillaries and flushing disappear? Will we ever be able to reduce the amount of product that we use, or will we need to use it twice a day forever?

I am considering IPL treatments. Would the IPL enhance the AnteAGE, and it is considered a safe treatment?
Thanks

Hi Sunshinetreasure. We are working on long term dosing issues now. We do think there is a lower maintenance level. We don't know precisely what it is yet.

We are big believers in the combination of devices (lasers, IPL, etc.) + AnteAGE. Everything we know suggests they are highly complimentary. Bathing light induced skin in scarless healing cytokines just makes sense. Most certainly safe.

AnteAGE users who have rosacea have reported high satisfaction. None that I know of have gone for IPL. But everybody's skin is different. If you do decide to proceed, we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with you and your dermatologist to document how well they work together. We have a program that supports that should you decide to go in that direction.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
I'm just finishing off the products I bought to tide me over until my Ante Age arrived and am going to start using it tonight.

One thing which I believe may have already been mentioned is the large size of the containers. There's no way I'd be able to take Ante Age with me in those and so I'd need to dispense it into smaller pots.

As long as I sterilise the pot beforehand, will that be okay? I'm hoping that the product won't deteriorate whilst I'm travelling.

Otherwise, I wonder if it would be possible to produce travel sizes that are suitable for, say, a maximum of 3 weeks?
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
I'm just finishing off the products I bought to tide me over until my Ante Age arrived and am going to start using it tonight.

One thing which I believe may have already been mentioned is the large size of the containers. There's no way I'd be able to take Ante Age with me in those and so I'd need to dispense it into smaller pots.

As long as I sterilise the pot beforehand, will that be okay? I'm hoping that the product won't deteriorate whilst I'm travelling.

Otherwise, I wonder if it would be possible to produce travel sizes that are suitable for, say, a maximum of 3 weeks?

Hi majorb. We don't have travel sizes yet, but I thought of a workaround you could try.

AnteAGE comes in airless pump containers, which eliminates exposure to 02 which keeps them fresh and at full potency. But if you were to take from your airless bottle enough for one week, and keep in in an airtight container, that would still be a small enough exposure to air so that you shouldn't lose much potency (maybe a 1-2% at most, not a big deal).

You can buy 5 ml reasonably airtight (not same as airless) containers on ebay for $1 a piece. e.g.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-5-GRAM-COSMETIC-SQUARE-JARS-CONTAINERS-5013-/290724745679?pt=US_Makeup_Lips&hash=item43b08b91cf

You could pump 5 ml of serum or accelerator into one of these, then seal it tightly. Just to be sure, you could even put tape around it. This amount should last about 1 week. You will have to get good at estimating application amounts, because you won't be able to count pumps when you apply. If you are going away for three weeks, you would make up 3 of each. Don't open the containers until you start using that batch, in order to minimize exposure to air to the week of use.

Hope this helps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Alexya wrote:

Yes, I would like to know the answer this question as well.

RS, sorry if my reply to Alexya a few posts above wasn't very clear. I fired it off quickly before the forum went into maintenance mode again.

What exactly do you mean by differences? In quality or results?

I was actually reluctant about making comparisons being that I only used the Lifeline serum for 1 month & AnteAGE just under a month. Really to be fair I would have to use each one for a longer period of time. All I could really share was my own personal impression on the difference in quality & consistency between the serums. Some of this is personal preference in that I don't care for a serum to be like a cream if you know what I mean.

Lifeline night serum after 1 month:
-skin is soft, smoother & more hydrated.

AnteAGE serum & Accelerator after 3 wks:
-additional improvement in hydration.
-more even skintone.
-skin looks brighter (getting a nice glow)
-skin texture more refined.
-skin starting to feel more firm.

I really wasn't expecting to see much for results till at least 3 months so I seem to be responding well to the serum & accelerator.

HTH
Alexya
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks brierrose. That's just what I wanted to know, the difference in consistency, how you liked it and what you felt you noticed that each one did for you, if anything.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose, thank you. May I ask you what made you switch from Lifeline to AnteAge products?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:26 am      Reply with quote
That's extremely helpful, thanks, Dr J. I like the idea of using 3 small sealed-until-required containers.

If you're considering producing a travel size in future, it would be especially helpful if it were possible to use a refillable container so that we could refill each time we travelled. Not sure whether this is indeed possible.If so, I don't know whether there may be a way of using a small tool of some kind to facilitate pumping the product from the large container into the travel sized one in order to minimise contamination/contact with air?

Anyway, just thought I'd give my immediate impressions of the two products after using them for the first time last night.

I had two main concerns initially. Firstly, my skin is extremely dry (exacerbated due to medical conditions and medication) so I look for products which will feel comfortable on my skin all night until the next morning. I'm happy to report that my skin felt smooth, soft and comfortable with no redness or irritation whatsoever when I woke up this morning.

Normally, I need to pop some moisturiser over serums as they do not offer enough hydration for me on their own. As an experiment, I used only the two Ante Age products and that worked perfectly.

I do wonder, though, whether I might need an extra moisturisation boost during the colder winter weather. If that does prove to be the case, then I hope it will not cause the products to be any less effective.

Secondly, I was worried because the circuitous and rather expensive method I'm having to use at the moment to get the products to the UK (damn EU regs!) meant that getting hold of a sample would have been ridiculously pricey, so I took a big risk and ordered the full-sized duo, hoping that the salicylic acid wouldn't adversely affect my asthma and result in a waste of money. So it was a huge relief this morning to wake up without wheezing!

For the time being, I shall only use the product at night, just in case exposure to the salicylic acid builds up over time and triggers my sensitivity to it. If, after a while, I experience no worsening of my symptoms, then I will move on to twice daily use. (I usually experience a pretty immediate reaction to topical salicylic acid and non-SR NSAID's. For instance, I shall never forget the the time I put some Ibuprofen Gel on my leg. Not a great experience, that's for sure!)

So far, so good. And if it ends up decreasing the redness of my skin, then I will be a very happy bunny indeed. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but we'll see... Very Happy

DrJ wrote:
[Hi majorb. We don't have travel sizes yet, but I thought of a workaround you could try.

AnteAGE comes in airless pump containers, which eliminates exposure to 02 which keeps them fresh and at full potency. But if you were to take from your airless bottle enough for one week, and keep in in an airtight container, that would still be a small enough exposure to air so that you shouldn't lose much potency (maybe a 1-2% at most, not a big deal).

You can buy 5 ml reasonably airtight (not same as airless) containers on ebay for $1 a piece. e.g.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-5-GRAM-COSMETIC-SQUARE-JARS-CONTAINERS-5013-/290724745679?pt=US_Makeup_Lips&hash=item43b08b91cf

You could pump 5 ml of serum or accelerator into one of these, then seal it tightly. Just to be sure, you could even put tape around it. This amount should last about 1 week. You will have to get good at estimating application amounts, because you won't be able to count pumps when you apply. If you are going away for three weeks, you would make up 3 of each. Don't open the containers until you start using that batch, in order to minimize exposure to air to the week of use.

Hope this helps.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:53 am      Reply with quote
majorb - where's the salicylic acid that you're talking about?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:00 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
brierrose, thank you. May I ask you what made you switch from Lifeline to AnteAge products?

I had the 15% discount coupon from the Lifeline samples so I thought I would try the serum while waiting for AnteAGE to become available. I was more interested in the AnteAGE system, partly due to the ingredients Dr.J had alluded to being in it.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:28 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
majorb - where's the salicylic acid that you're talking about?

Not majorb but Willow bark extract, a natural form of salicylic acid, is listed in ingredients of the Accelerator. It's very low on the list though.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Some exciting new science about BM-MSC, cytokines, and health. My favorite topic. This one showing tremendous promise in treating multiple sclerosis, a very devastating disease.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/20120521/Growth-promoting-substance-in-human-mesenchymal-stem-cells-spurs-restoration-of-nerves.aspx

Their next step is to isolate the cytokines responsible, and take away the cell itself. Sound familiar? (that's part of what we do).

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Willow bark extract, a natural form of salicylic acid, is listed in ingredients of the Accelerator. It's very low on the list though.

Willow species contain only a very tiny quantity of the prodrug salicin which is metabolized during absorption (after ingestion) into salicylate derivatives. I don't think that happens with topical application (requires ceretain enzymes), but allergies are a bit unpredictable, so always good to be cautious if you have a history. The real benefits of willow are the more abundant flavonoids.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Not related to salicylate allergy, but on the willow topic, here is some evidence for skin benefits:

J Cosmet Dermatol. 2010 Sep;9(3):196-201. An evaluation of the effect of a topical product containing salicin on the visible signs of human skin aging.

There are many different visible signs of skin aging. These include wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, lack of firmness, poor texture, enlarged pores, and dryness. While there are many topical agents that claim to deliver wide-spectrum anti-aging benefits, few target all of the signs of skin aging to the same extent. Salicin, an extract from white willow bark, has been researched as a potent anti-inflammatory agent when taken orally. Based on unpublished in-house comprehensive consumer clinical studies, it is believed salicin may have anti-aging capabilities when applied topically to human skin. This single-center study enrolled 30 female subjects, showing mild to moderate signs of aging, between the ages of 35 and 70 having Fitzpatrick skin types ranging between I and IV. Subjects used the study serum product containing 0.5% salicin on their face twice daily for 12 weeks. Ordinal grading on a nine-point scale (0 = none, 1-3 = mild, 4-6 = moderate, 7-9 = severe) of facial fine lines, molted pigmentation, uneven skin tone, tactile roughness, global firmness appearance, jaw-line contour, radiance, and overall appearance was performed by investigator at baseline, week 1, week 4, week 8, and week 12. Digital photography, ultrasound, cutometry, and corneometry measurements were also performed at each time point.

RESULTS: Twenty-nine of 30 subjects successfully completed the study. No tolerability issues were reported. The clinical investigator found statistically significant improvements in wrinkles, tactile roughness, pore size, radiance, and overall appearance at week 1 time point (P ≤ 0.05) against baseline and statistically significant improvements in mottled pigmentation, global firmness, and jaw-line contour at week 4 time point (P ≤ 0.05) against baseline. Cutometry, corneometry, and ultrasound measurements showed significant improvements at week 12 time point (P ≤ 0.05) against baseline.

CONCLUSION: Based on the findings from this study, it can be concluded that salicin has the ability to reduce the visible signs of skin aging when applied topically.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |