Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Review: Cellese AnteAGE Serum & Accelerator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Panda1 wrote:

Riley - if you decide to do this, I would stop the ReLuma and establish a skin care routine with the Environ products and once your skin is happy and stable, add the ReLuma back in. I think that is a more fair way to evaluate it.

Even if I was just spot treating the wrinkles with the Reluma (as Ethel suggested for the forehead)?

Yes. I think you need to start from a base. Pick the product/products that you are most interested in using and establish your routine. Then add whatever else. IMHO
NanSam
5% products discount

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:
NanSam wrote:

Does everyone really think I am trying to zing them with veiled insults? What is going on here that I'm not getting? -Nan

You came here to find DrJ. He is at BFT.com. If you want to post reviews about your AnteAge experience, that would be nice, but it should be clear to you that we are done talking about DrJ.

I wasn't writing about DrJ. I was writing about AnteAge. People seem to think I am insulting them. I'm not. -Nan
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Panda1 wrote:

Riley - if you decide to do this, I would stop the ReLuma and establish a skin care routine with the Environ products and once your skin is happy and stable, add the ReLuma back in. I think that is a more fair way to evaluate it.

Even if I was just spot treating the wrinkles with the Reluma (as Ethel suggested for the forehead)?

Yes. I think you need to start from a base. Pick the product/products that you are most interested in using and establish your routine. Then add whatever else. IMHO

I agree, the goal is to find a combo or products that create the goal! Lines going poof, however one can achieve that is great. I would not worry so much on the exact one working, perhaps it will always be a combo! I do know these sites state one should add A in, its very beneficial, so even they agree to adding other products. I think we all can tell if we've used A before and not acheived the "results we are now" that its the combo rather than the A.
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Panda1 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Panda1 wrote:

I agree, the goal is to find a combo or products that create the goal! Lines going poof, however one can achieve that is great. I would not worry so much on the exact one working, perhaps it will always be a combo! I do know these sites state one should add A in, its very beneficial, so even they agree to adding other products. I think we all can tell if we've used A before and not acheived the "results we are now" that its the combo rather than the A.

Well, that's not exactly where I was going with this, but your point is well taken. Perhaps the most important thing that a few years of DIY taught me, is that you have to respect the actives. If you really believe that an active is "active", then more is not always better. I think the stem cell products are pretty well formulated (nice blend of antioxidants, vitamins and retinoids - in addition to the cytokine stuff). So adding a lot of other actives, or even more of the same active, isn't necessarily going to do any good, and may just serve to irritate. And it isn't always apparent exactly what active or product is causing the problem. I once had a severe rash on my leg that was caused by a product I was using on my face! So find a base routine, something that you know your skin likes and will respond to and then add new products slowly. In this particular case, I was thinking that the Environ products seem quite potent, so they may not play nicely with the Reluma. If Riley really wants to use the Environ stuff she should make certain that her skin is happy with it before adding the Reluma - even if the Reluma is just to spot treat. And I think you need a solid 30 days to test "happy".
nuttymadam
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:
Tiny wrote:
Panda1 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Panda1 wrote:

Well, that's not exactly where I was going with this, but your point is well taken. Perhaps the most important thing that a few years of DIY taught me, is that you have to respect the actives. If you really believe that an active is "active", then more is not always better. I think the stem cell products are pretty well formulated (nice blend of antioxidants, vitamins and retinoids - in addition to the cytokine stuff). So adding a lot of other actives, or even more of the same active, isn't necessarily going to do any good, and may just serve to irritate. And it isn't always apparent exactly what active or product is causing the problem. I once had a severe rash on my leg that was caused by a product I was using on my face! So find a base routine, something that you know your skin likes and will respond to and then add new products slowly. In this particular case, I was thinking that the Environ products seem quite potent, so they may not play nicely with the Reluma. If Riley really wants to use the Environ stuff she should make certain that her skin is happy with it before adding the Reluma - even if the Reluma is just to spot treat. And I think you need a solid 30 days to test "happy".

Im not good with DIY but would you personally call Cytokines / Stem cells "actives"? Do they affect the structure of the skin? sorry for the questions!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:03 am      Reply with quote
nuttymadam wrote:

Im not good with DIY but would you personally call Cytokines / Stem cells "actives"? Do they affect the structure of the skin? sorry for the questions!

Yes.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:

Thanks, Panda. I used the Environ 2 days with Reluma and then decided I was not comfortable mixing the colostrum and Reluma, so I stopped the Environ and am finishing up the Reluma. I do put an oil on top but I don't use any real "actives" like A or C, etc. with the Reluma.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I did not make it back in time to edit my post. I did not want to make it sound like I was done with the Reluma as I have not decided if I will purchase another bottle or not yet. I wanted to clarify that as I did not choose my words correctly for that post. Sorry for hijacking this thread everyone. I probably should have asked my questions on a different thread.
NanSam
5% products discount

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I’m travelling and have some free time so wanted to update my AnteAge review. I have using both the serum and accelerator for 5 weeks now. A week or so ago, I found my face was getting too glowy (shiny??), so I contacted Cellese. I was advised to cut back on the accelerator by half, for at least a week, which I have done. That seems to have solved the problem. Overall, I have been extremely pleased with this product. Pesky red blotches and dark splotches (melasma) have all but completely disappeared. My skin just feels really good to me, soft and smooth, and everyone else tells me how great it looks to them. Husband included!, My skin is definitely tighter, and the crop of fine lines I was growing around my eyes and mouth are barely noticeable now. I visited my esthetician for the first time in three months (electrolysis), and she was very impressed (and said she wants to carry AA for her salon). -Nan
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:52 am      Reply with quote
NanSam wrote:
I’m travelling and have some free time so wanted to update my AnteAge review. I have using both the serum and accelerator for 5 weeks now. A week or so ago, I found my face was getting too glowy (shiny??), so I contacted Cellese. I was advised to cut back on the accelerator by half, for at least a week, which I have done. That seems to have solved the problem. Overall, I have been extremely pleased with this product. Pesky red blotches and dark splotches (melasma) have all but completely disappeared. My skin just feels really good to me, soft and smooth, and everyone else tells me how great it looks to them. Husband included!, My skin is definitely tighter, and the crop of fine lines I was growing around my eyes and mouth are barely noticeable now. I visited my esthetician for the first time in three months (electrolysis), and she was very impressed (and said she wants to carry AA for her salon). -Nan

Glad to hear that it's going well for you, Nan. Those results sound as though AA is suiting your skin very much.

I'm currently part-way through my second lot of the AA duo and am also very pleased. I can't say that I've experienced any noticeable difference in fine lines - although I'll try and take a closer look at the ones under my eyes next time I'm near a mirror (I hate doing that! Laughing ) However, apart from one or two tiny pimples that quickly went away, it's keeping my complexion the clearest I ever remember it being (apart from a holiday in the Azores where the humid condition made my skin look perfect during our stay). Even the dreaded hormonal spots seem to be held at bay.

I'm now confident enough to wear my usual very lightweight foundation without any concealer whatsoever. I do sometimes use a bit of Urban Decay Pore Perfect to lessen the appearance of pores - but even they appear to have improved.
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
NanSam wrote:

Glad to hear that it's going well for you, Nan. Those results sound as though AA is suiting your skin very much.

I'm currently part-way through my second lot of the AA duo and am also very pleased. I can't say that I've experienced any noticeable difference in fine lines - although I'll try and take a closer look at the ones under my eyes next time I'm near a mirror (I hate doing that! Laughing ) However, apart from one or two tiny pimples that quickly went away, it's keeping my complexion the clearest I ever remember it being (apart from a holiday in the Azores where the humid condition made my skin look perfect during our stay). Even the dreaded hormonal spots seem to be held at bay.

I'm now confident enough to wear my usual very lightweight foundation without any concealer whatsoever. I do sometimes use a bit of Urban Decay Pore Perfect to lessen the appearance of pores - but even they appear to have improved.

Thanks for sharing NanSam and Majorb.
NanSam, ---you mentioned the shinies and, also, that you're traveling about.
Majorb, ---you mentioned satisfactory complexion and the Azores (fantastic holiday place).
I'm super curious as to what specific sunscreens and sunscreen regimen you TWO are using that you're finding compatible with Anteage.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Kath91 wrote:
Majorb, ---you mentioned satisfactory complexion and the Azores (fantastic holiday place).
I'm super curious as to what specific sunscreens and sunscreen regimen you TWO are using that you're finding compatible with Anteage.

Sorry to go off topic, but have you been to the Azores, Kath? I think it's the most astoundingly beautiful place I've ever seen - in fact, it almost looks unreal. However, I've never met anyone else who's visited it before, hence my excitement! Very Happy

Anyway, back on topic. I've been using NeoCutis Journée (which is available here at the EDS store) for several years now. Previously, I experienced problems with sunscreens which gave my complexion a white cast and made it very shiny. However, this one is what Avalange would describe as "cosmetically elegant" - it is slightly tinted so doesn't look white on the face and is non-shiny. Unfortunately, it is rather expensive, too.

My next favourite, but which still gives a slight white cast that does fade after a little while and also looks slightly shiny, is Clarins UV40. I've heard that Chanel make a similar product and that's supposed to be pretty good also.
NanSam
5% products discount

Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Kath91 wrote:

Thanks for sharing NanSam and Majorb.
NanSam, ---you mentioned the shinies and, also, that you're traveling about.

Kath91, I use the Neutrogena sunblock lotion for sensitive skin. I find my face breaks out if I try to use any oil containing sunscreens. Seems quite compatible with AA, but I don't typically put any on until I am heading outdoors, which is at least a half hour after I have applied AA serum and accelerator, which is right up there with brushing my teeth as a morning essential. If I'm out a lot I will reapply the Neutrogena lotion every few hours during the day. Hope this helps! -Nan
MichelleRme
5% products discount

Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
This afternoon my trial size of the AnteAge Duo arrived! They are small--only about 5ml, but I didn't want to commit to the cost if my skin ended up hating it. Anyway, I tend to go through products slowly.
Also, if I do like it their shipping is really fast (took 3 business days) so I'm not worried about waiting for a refill if I love it.

I'll start tonight and let y'all know how it goes.

I'm very excited as I've been doing my research on this [don't want to waste a lot of money testing myself like a lab rat] and based on my research I believe this product has a high chance of doing real good for my skin. Here's my current product lineup for reference.

Morning: clarisonic with PTR gentle foaming cleanser
Metrogel
Niacinamide
Sunscreen (tizo3)

Night: cleansing oil- then clarisonic w/PTR
Differin or Retin A on altering nights
Niacinamide
Jojoba Oil

So, I guess I'll add the Anteage before the differin/retin and before the metrogel in the morning...all of which makes me nervous since this routine is the only thing that has kept my skin clear in the last year.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
MichelleRme wrote:

So, I guess I'll add the Anteage before the differin/retin and before the metrogel in the morning...all of which makes me nervous since this routine is the only thing that has kept my skin clear in the last year.

Are you using the Metrogel for Rosacea? Hopefully, you may be able to discontinue its use if the AnteAge works out ok.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
MichelleRme wrote:
I'm very excited as I've been doing my research on this [don't want to waste a lot of money testing myself like a lab rat] and based on my research I believe this product has a high chance of doing real good for my skin.

Hi there! What research did you base this on? Why did you pick this over RL, Lifeline, or Stemulation?

Thanks!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
NanSam and Majorb, thanks for SS info.
(Majorb, Azores was not a final destination just a side trip from Lisbon (Portugal). I like how non-Resort-y, quaint and geographically serene the main islands are.(unlike Hawaii, or some Caribbean isles are for us Americans)
Just read on another thread (I think the Environ Product Review) about a current Anteage user (forgot who) who uses extra A and C over Anteage. Thought that was interesting.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:42 am      Reply with quote
Kath91 wrote:
NanSam and Majorb, thanks for SS info.
(Majorb, Azores was not a final destination just a side trip from Lisbon (Portugal). I like how non-Resort-y, quaint and geographically serene the main islands are.(unlike Hawaii, or some Caribbean isles are for us Americans)

You're very welcome, Kath.

OT:
It certainly is quaint! We went many years ago and there were very few tourists (mainly a few German, Scandinavian and British backpackers) so it was extremely unspoilt - hope it hasn't changed too much since then.

I remember all of the farmers with horses/oxen and carts, with the more high tech ones using old scooters and trailers. Also, the very bizarre phenomenon that so many men had broken legs in plasters! We wondered whether it was because they all tended to sit on their doorsteps with their legs out on the roads? Shock
MichelleRme
5% products discount

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
MichelleRme wrote:
I'm very excited as I've been doing my research on this [don't want to waste a lot of money testing myself like a lab rat] and based on my research I believe this product has a high chance of doing real good for my skin.

Hi there! What research did you base this on? Why did you pick this over RL, Lifeline, or Stemulation?

Thanks!!

Hey Bethany, over the last year I have done quite a bit of research on skin aging and cell biology. I won't go too in depth on why I chose AnteAge over others.

First, I will say that I only truly examined ReLuma, LifeLine, and AnteAge--I didn't look at others I know are out there and I hadn't heard of stemulation until you mentioned it.

Second, I believe that human derived cytokines (as opposed to plant stem cells) are the cutting edge of regenerative skin science. There are several products that utilize cytokines (like LifeLine). Honestly, getting to the bottom of how various companies extract and then choose to deliver the cytokines is almost always impossible, at least for me. DrJ seems to have better luck in getting these guys to spill their secrets. That the docs over at Cellese were so open about how they were getting their ingredients and why they chose certain ingredients, even why they have a 2-part system (ie not just about bumping up profits but about separating conflicting ingredients) made me a lot more comfortable with the product.

Third and last, I believe, and yes I recognize this is a bit of a leap of faith, that the Cellese crew is aware of potential harms that stem cell derived products might cause as well as the harm that a useless product could cause and are genuinely attempting to put out an effective and safe solution for skin repair.
This isn't to say Cellese is the only or best company doing this--it's just the only one that I have found with this level of transparency.

All of that said, only time will tell if they were successful in their attempt.

5% products discount

Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:12 am      Reply with quote
I just want to temper my response a bit regarding cellese's transparency. I hope that they will eventually reveal what type of cytokines they use in their formula, either on the company website, BFT, or through the publication of their clinical studies/research papers. I suspect maybe one reason it hasn't already been put out there is because of legal or proprietary issues. I think most of the details will eventually make it to light, but I expect companies to keep some of their secrets especially if it's something that they can't patent.

MichelleRme wrote:

Hey Bethany, over the last year I have done quite a bit of research on skin aging and cell biology. I won't go too in depth on why I chose AnteAge over others.

First, I will say that I only truly examined ReLuma, LifeLine, and AnteAge--I didn't look at others I know are out there and I hadn't heard of stemulation until you mentioned it.

Second, I believe that human derived cytokines (as opposed to plant stem cells) are the cutting edge of regenerative skin science. There are several products that utilize cytokines (like LifeLine). Honestly, getting to the bottom of how various companies extract and then choose to deliver the cytokines is almost always impossible, at least for me. DrJ seems to have better luck in getting these guys to spill their secrets. That the docs over at Cellese were so open about how they were getting their ingredients and why they chose certain ingredients, even why they have a 2-part system (ie not just about bumping up profits but about separating conflicting ingredients) made me a lot more comfortable with the product.

Third and last, I believe, and yes I recognize this is a bit of a leap of faith, that the Cellese crew is aware of potential harms that stem cell derived products might cause as well as the harm that a useless product could cause and are genuinely attempting to put out an effective and safe solution for skin repair.
This isn't to say Cellese is the only or best company doing this--it's just the only one that I have found with this level of transparency.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
MichelleRme wrote:
I just want to temper my response a bit regarding cellese's transparency. I hope that they will eventually reveal what type of cytokines they use in their formula, either on the company website, BFT, or through the publication of their clinical studies/research papers. I suspect maybe one reason it hasn't already been put out there is because of legal or proprietary issues. I think most of the details will eventually make it to light, but I expect companies to keep some of their secrets especially if it's something that they can't patent.

MichelleRme wrote:

Thanks. It sounds like you and NanSam have some similar perspectives.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:30 am      Reply with quote
MichelleRme wrote:

I have been thinking about your statement some more. Actually the top complaint about Cellese is the LACK of transparency....there has been virtually nothing shared other than the ingredients, and there were some inconsistent answers on that front as well. They have shared a ton of studies (many of which were not relevant) and picked apart details of other products (while providing none of their own). So maybe you have an inside track on some info we don't as part of your research?

Do you know when are these promised studies scheduled to be published? They keep dangling the carrot, but it appears that nothing is coming to fruition and I think many of us would feel better after seeing the results.

But your statement that perhaps they can't patent it is the first time I have seen that...I am pretty sure that they previously said they were waiting on a patent, but we have yet to see anything that says "patent pending" like other companies do and there is nothing in the patent filings. So maybe someone else already holds the patent? Or it is nothing special enough to be patented?

Thanks for sharing that....I had not considered that option.

5% products discount

Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Patent applications don’t have to be public. My company does it all the time – they are called provisional patents at the patent office. I’m on the list of inventors on one right now (last one of 12, so no accolades due). You get a whole year to add to your patent work, but in private. Seeing this discussion I contacted Cellese yesterday to ask about cytokine data, and I got back a note saying they put that data on their website (anteage.com, not BFT). It’s there, I looked.

I disagree about Cellese being less than transparent. My company is also an early stage cell biotech co. and we have a brick wall zero tolerance disclosure policy. We are not allowed to reveal anything in public. These guys clearly have a different policy. I looked around to see if any other products talked about here has this depth of stuff online, and none did. I had trouble even finding the basics like a clinical trial. No deep science like this.

I continue to be delighted with the product, and will give you all an updated review soon. -Nan
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
They have indeed added some new info..thanks for pointing that out.

http://anteage.com/cytokines-in-anteage/

http://anteage.com/sample-page/

I noticed they also link to BFT from the AA home page now too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
They have indeed added some new info..thanks for pointing that out.

http://anteage.com/cytokines-in-anteage/

What do the 3 colors represent on the Cytokine Array charts?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |