Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Cellese AnteAGE Serum & Accelerator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:
They have indeed added some new info..thanks for pointing that out.

http://anteage.com/cytokines-in-anteage/

What do the 3 colors represent on the Cytokine Array charts?

Good point..usually that would represent samples of different sources or of different time periods. But with no legend, you can't really tell. But if it is of different samples or sources, they vary greatly. Hopefully they will add enough documentation to make that meaningful.

I am surprised NanSam didn't notice or mention that, since she is a scientist and I figured she would zoom right on the stats. Maybe she can fill us in on the "deep science" aspect.

5% products discount

Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:29 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:
They have indeed added some new info..thanks for pointing that out.

http://anteage.com/cytokines-in-anteage/

What do the 3 colors represent on the Cytokine Array charts?

Good point..usually that would represent samples of different sources or of different time periods. But with no legend, you can't really tell. But if it is of different samples or sources, they vary greatly. Hopefully they will add enough documentation to make that meaningful.

I am surprised NanSam didn't notice or mention that, since she is a scientist and I figured she would zoom right on the stats. Maybe she can fill us in on the "deep science" aspect.

I don't know what the different samples are. They might be times, or generations of cells, or different batches, can't be sure. The peaks here are all highly consistent. Small variability. I would need raw numbers to run stats. Hard to get data from logarithmic scales. What is clear is the consistency between the data and their cytokine profile hypothesis. Hope this helps a bit. -Nan
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Update
I have been using AA product/products since April 9, so about 5 months. I do like it a lot and think it along with Vit C and A are the best products I have used. I think my color and texture of my skin is better. My face looks plumper and more full. I have seen a reduction in wrinkles that I can see with the naked eye and it did get rid of some milia I had around my mouth.

I have used other gadgets during this time(mainly
the ReAura) but I did notice these things before I started it but they have continued to get better and I do attribute that almost exclusively
to the ReAura and NOT AA.

The trouble is I am now going through the AA too quickly because after using the laser on an area I use 2 to 4 times the AA product I was using before the laser. I put it on and it soaks right in and then I put more and more on.

I have just finished my 3 bottle. The 1st one lasted 7 1/2 weeks, 2nd-6 weeks and the third I have managed to make stretch by only using it on the lasered areas on the night I do the laser treatment. If I had not done this the 3rd bottle would have only lasted about 4 weeks. I still am on my 1st bottle of the Accelerator because I only used it for about a month and half before I stopped all Vit C and A products in preparation for the ReAura. So I will continue to use it until it's gone.

If I was going to order more I would not get the Accelerator because although I think it is a good mixture I did go 3 months out of my 5 months not using it and didn't notice any difference. But if you don't use other A and C products it might be worth to you. I personally think you get better value by doing it separately.

So I am now at a crossroads trying to decide whether to continue with AA or not. Even through I am happy with the results the increased usage is making it a lot more expensive and once I get to a certain dollar amount the bang for your buck is less. I start to consider whether to get another gadget or something like IPL etc. because I don't think you will ever get the same results from a potion/ lotion that you can get from some procedure at a Dr's office and with Groupon you can get some of these things pretty cheap.

I am leaning towards using switching to Environ products but may go back to AA if I see a drop off it results or I stop doing so many laser treatments and I can make it last longer. I may still order another bottle and only use it after my laser treatment only because I do think this is an idea use for this product.

So that's it for now. Hope this helps someone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:29 am      Reply with quote
Cookie - I started recording how long a bottle of the AA serum lasts me and it turns out to be just over 5 weeks, which I'm quite shocked by. I am using it twice daily but it's still running out pretty quickly.

I really love it. However, the cost is definitely a big factor.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:33 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Cookie - I started recording how long a bottle of the AA serum lasts me and it turns out to be just over 5 weeks, which I'm quite shocked by. I am using it twice daily but it's still running out pretty quickly.

I really love it. However, the cost is definitely a big factor.

Majorb, I was using it twice a day also but even towards the end of the first bottle I was only usually using 1 pump of serum. My face felt "saturated" and I didn't really need more. I used 2 pumps in the beginning. But now after doing a laser treatment it's like my skin is a sponge and it just soaks it in.

Do you use it on just your face or on more area then that? I think if I was just using on my face (and wasn't using the ReAura) I could get 8 maybe 9 weeks out of a bottle. I don't use it on my chest and only sometimes on my neck.(it tends to breakout if I use a lot of product there).

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Cookie, I have the same problem with pretty much any product I use. I always need at least twice as much product as is recommended just to get it to cover my face. With the AA serum I was using at least 4 pumps to cover my face. What I do now is dispense 2 pumps into a very small container (like the AA sample containers) and mix it with a little water. That way I am using the recommended amount and am able to cover my entire face and neck. I don't mix it up until I'm ready to use it. HTH. Doodles

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:43 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:

Majorb, I was using it twice a day also but even towards the end of the first bottle I was only usually using 1 pump of serum. My face felt "saturated" and I didn't really need more. I used 2 pumps in the beginning. But now after doing a laser treatment it's like my skin is a sponge and it just soaks it in.

Do you use it on just your face or on more area then that? I think if I was just using on my face (and wasn't using the ReAura) I could get 8 maybe 9 weeks out of a bottle. I don't use it on my chest and only sometimes on my neck.(it tends to breakout if I use a lot of product there).

I use it on my face and neck, Cookie. For my first bottle, I sometimes did need 2-3 pumps per application but that has since dropped to 2 pumps only, which means it lasts at least a little longer now - still only just over 5 weeks, though.

doodles wrote:
Cookie, I have the same problem with pretty much any product I use. I always need at least twice as much product as is recommended just to get it to cover my face. With the AA serum I was using at least 4 pumps to cover my face. What I do now is dispense 2 pumps into a very small container (like the AA sample containers) and mix it with a little water. That way I am using the recommended amount and am able to cover my entire face and neck. I don't mix it up until I'm ready to use it. HTH. Doodles

That's not a bad idea, doodles. I think I may try leaving my face slightly damp after cleansing and see if I can get away with 1.5 pumps that way. The problem could be exacerbated by the fact that I have very dry skin. Otherwise, I wonder if I could get away with using the serum only once daily now? (I'm just starting my third bottle of it.)
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:59 am      Reply with quote
doodles and Majorb, I sometimes spray Avene thermal water on my face and then apply a product. It comes in a spray can so it's really convenient and I think it might help with penetration but that could be a bunch of bs.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:52 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
doodles and Majorb, I sometimes spray Avene thermal water on my face and then apply a product. It comes in a spray can so it's really convenient and I think it might help with penetration but that could be a bunch of bs.

That would certainly be gentler than our awful hard water where we live. BS or not, I'm tempted to try it, Cookie. Thanks for the tip! Very Happy
NanSam
5% products discount

Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using AnteAge for 7 weeks now. Used all but about a week’s worth of serum (time to reorder), but less than half the accelerator. I worried about ongoing cost, but found out that Cellese has a loyalty program with 25% off for repeat customers ($133 for serum) Smile Since I’m getting close to where the AA clinical trial left off, I went back and made my own list of the “skin health parameters” they measured and did my own self assessment. I see definite strong improvements in tone, softness, blotchiness, dryness, age spots, redness, brightness, and fine lines. Color evenness much improved with disappearance of melasma. Not much change of pore size, but that wasn’t a problem for me. I have deep lines (OK wrinkles) on my forehead, and I do see improvement there. I would say 25-30% improved, I can certainly still see them. The lines around my mouth (fine and not so fine) were the most dramatic improvement. I rate that as 60% improved. What they didn’t measure is self-confidence, or number of compliments at work. Way up. Me- very satisfied and plan to continue. Very Happy -Nan
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
NanSam, Which lip lines are you talking about? Smile lines or lines above your lips?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I sure would like to see a test run by a testing facility or at least some Visia results. Heck, even the Nerium people hired a facility to do their testing.

5% products discount

Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
NanSam, Which lip lines are you talking about? Smile lines or lines above your lips?

CookieD, I have the dreaded vertical lines above my lip. This is where I can most easily see the AnteAge results. After 9 weeks of treatment I can honestly say that they are barely visible now. I have to look under a strong light. They used to really annoy me. My husband insists that my face has changed and that I look younger. So do my friends and colleagues at work. I am totally delighted with the results. I am extending it now to my neck, hoping for some tightening. Wish me luck.-Nan
MichelleRme
5% products discount

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:46 am      Reply with quote
After a month I'm calling it quits, if only temporarily and under my dermatologist's instruction. I have sensitive acne-prone skin and she thinks this could be contributing to the cystic acne breakout I experienced in the last 2 weeks.

The first week I used it my skin was clear. Using both the accelerator and the serum on clean skin. Within the first week my skin looked awesome! Really the redness was fading and the overall color looked better than it had in years. But, after about a week or two of use I started to breakout on my cheeks. I attributed it to the accelerator or the fact that I'd stopped using my metro gel in the mornings. I cut out the accelerator and used only the serum before using metro gel in the morning (waiting a half hour between application) and my retin-a at night (also waiting a half hour before applying retin).

By the 3rd week the breakouts on my cheeks were gone but in the 4th week I got a cyst on my chin. When that one started to fade I two more by the next week and another a few days later. I made an appointment with my dermatologist who was very disappointed that my skin appeared to back track. She told me to shelve the anti-aging stuff for a month and see how it goes. So, there you have it.

Throughout the experiment I did not notice any change in the fine lines around my eyes or mouth (nasolabial lines)

In the end, I can't recommend AnteAge for those with acne-prone skin (yet).

After November, if my breakouts are under control, I will pick back up again with the AnteAge. Hopefully this bout of acne is unrelated to the Cellese product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Michelle, that is a bummer...I also had breakouts, but they were at least not cystic.

Hopefully things get back under control and they go away soon!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
MichelleRme wrote:
After a month I'm calling it quits, if only temporarily and under my dermatologist's instruction. I have sensitive acne-prone skin and she thinks this could be contributing to the cystic acne breakout I experienced in the last 2 weeks.

The first week I used it my skin was clear. Using both the accelerator and the serum on clean skin. Within the first week my skin looked awesome! Really the redness was fading and the overall color looked better than it had in years. But, after about a week or two of use I started to breakout on my cheeks. I attributed it to the accelerator or the fact that I'd stopped using my metro gel in the mornings. I cut out the accelerator and used only the serum before using metro gel in the morning (waiting a half hour between application) and my retin-a at night (also waiting a half hour before applying retin).

By the 3rd week the breakouts on my cheeks were gone but in the 4th week I got a cyst on my chin. When that one started to fade I two more by the next week and another a few days later. I made an appointment with my dermatologist who was very disappointed that my skin appeared to back track. She told me to shelve the anti-aging stuff for a month and see how it goes. So, there you have it.

Throughout the experiment I did not notice any change in the fine lines around my eyes or mouth (nasolabial lines)

After November, if my breakouts are under control, I will pick back up again with the AnteAge. Hopefully this bout of acne is unrelated to the Cellese product.

Sorry to hear about your breakouts. I have oily and acne prone skin and when I used AA and the accelerator here's what I did. I found that I could only use 1 pump of the accelerator once a day and the serum only 1 pump twice a day. If I used anymore it started to feel heavy on my skin. I was lucky that I never got any breakouts but if or when you start using AA again maybe try to use less of the product and see if that helps. Also the product will last a lot longer because you use less.

5% products discount

Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks CookieD--I'll give less product a try. I definitely intend to give this another shot once the cysts are gone. Like I said, in the 1st two weeks my skin started to look really amazing. I'm hoping the breakouts are a product of stress or something.
I might also try using AA *after* my topical rx treatments instead of before. I'm sure that'll diminish the effectiveness of AA, but maybe it will work that way.

I will update in November.

CookieD wrote:
MichelleRme wrote:

Sorry to hear about your breakouts. I have oily and acne prone skin and when I used AA and the accelerator here's what I did. I found that I could only use 1 pump of the accelerator once a day and the serum only 1 pump twice a day. If I used anymore it started to feel heavy on my skin. I was lucky that I never got any breakouts but if or when you start using AA again maybe try to use less of the product and see if that helps. Also the product will last a lot longer because you use less.

5% products discount

Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
MichelleRme wrote:
Thanks CookieD--I'll give less product a try. I definitely intend to give this another shot once the cysts are gone. Like I said, in the 1st two weeks my skin started to look really amazing. I'm hoping the breakouts are a product of stress or something.
I might also try using AA *after* my topical rx treatments instead of before. I'm sure that'll diminish the effectiveness of AA, but maybe it will work that way.

I will update in November.

CookieD wrote:
MichelleRme wrote:

One of my co-workers on AnteAge who has breakout prone skin had a similar problem, and the support staff at Cellese said to cut back on the accelerator but not the serum, because that's where the oils are. That worked for her & she is now back on full doses of both.-Nan
NanSam
5% products discount

Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
We have an informal AnteAgers group at my work where four of us we try to get together for lunch every month or so to compare notes. My friend Karen told us a funny story this week about her cousin who she had not seen for 6 months not recognizing her when she picked him up at the airport. He is now starting AA. I’ll update my own review in a few weeks. Loving it. -Nan
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
NanSam wrote:
We have an informal AnteAgers group at my work where four of us we try to get together for lunch every month or so to compare notes. My friend Karen told us a funny story this week about her cousin who she had not seen for 6 months not recognizing her when she picked him up at the airport. He is now starting AA. I’ll update my own review in a few weeks. Loving it. -Nan

Great news. I am looking foward to the day when they have some independent clinical studies to share.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:36 am      Reply with quote
After 4-5 months of it's true not very consistent use of AA I am going back to Lifeline. I saw more results from it. I did not have red skin or acne or much of anything except age-related issues and brown spots and can't see much improvement from AA. I look pale. Looked healthier on Lifeline. Will report back if I change my mind after some months on the latter.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the AnteAge products for almost 5 months now. Apart from RetinA these are the best products I have used.

My staples for a number of years now has been RA, C serum and CP's which have done the most for me. AA has given me additional improvements. The results that I am pleased about are plumper skin, color restored to when I was much younger, better texture and perfectly moisturized. The only lines on my face are expression lines and these have only been slightly softened but I'm sure I would need Botox to get rid of these.

I have cut down to once a day use now which seems to be maintaining results but twice a day was best. Something I've noticed is even if I've had very little sleep my skin and color has still looked good the next day whereas before I would be pale and drawn looking. So all in all I am more than pleased with these products and will continue to use.
NanSam
5% products discount

Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
I have used the AnteAge products for almost 5 months now. Apart from RetinA these are the best products I have used.

My staples for a number of years now has been RA, C serum and CP's which have done the most for me. AA has given me additional improvements. The results that I am pleased about are plumper skin, color restored to when I was much younger, better texture and perfectly moisturized. The only lines on my face are expression lines and these have only been slightly softened but I'm sure I would need Botox to get rid of these.

I have cut down to once a day use now which seems to be maintaining results but twice a day was best. Something I've noticed is even if I've had very little sleep my skin and color has still looked good the next day whereas before I would be pale and drawn looking. So all in all I am more than pleased with these products and will continue to use.

That is awesome! You are inspiring, brierrose.

I have been using AA for 3 months now. While the rate of improvement has slowed down I am still seeing changes. The most dramatic to me at this point are the smoothness of my color (was blotchy), lack of pigment spots, better skin tone, brightness, general texture, and the continuing slow improvement in lines (little wrinkles) around my eyes and mouth. My eyes were better early on, but the lines above my lip and at the corners of my mouth are finally giving in too. Yea!

I have been talking myself up to do some dermarolling. The tipping point was today when I saw some before/after pictures over on skincareboards of indianskin, who has had a dramatic transformation over just 8 weeks using AA plus dermarolling. She had severe acne scars, now nearly all gone. Wow! I don't have acne scars, but I do still have five years to shed. Very Happy

Anyway, wish me luck, I've ordered the roller, I am going to do it this weekend. Hold me to it. -Nan
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi NanSam~ It's good to hear you're having good results! It seems the results are similar for those of us who are responding well to AnteAGE.

I was also considering dermarolling but opted for the Tria laser device instead. Good luck NanSam with the dermaroller, I'm sure the combo will be a winner.
NanSam
5% products discount

Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:35 am      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
Hi NanSam~ It's good to hear you're having good results! It seems the results are similar for those of us who are responding well to AnteAGE.

I was also considering dermarolling but opted for the Tria laser device instead. Good luck NanSam with the dermaroller, I'm sure the combo will be a winner.

I did it brierrose! I looked like a trauma victim on Friday night, but I doubled up on AA and by Sunday I was good as new. Back to work today. -Nan
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |