Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Cellese AnteAGE Serum & Accelerator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I will be brave and use the Anteage on my eyes tonight and if no irritation and tearing I would drop the eye cream off my list! Smile

I have had no issues using it on my eyelids.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

I will be brave and use the Anteage on my eyes tonight and if no irritation and tearing I would drop the eye cream off my list! Smile

Try the serum alone first, then accelerator. We always tell people too that if you have sensitive skin, you can always dilute (as with any product), by using smaller amount along with water (wet fingers or face first). Remember, eyelids have the thinnest skin on your face.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Try the serum alone first, then accelerator. We always tell people too that if you have sensitive skin, you can always dilute (as with any product), by using smaller amount along with water (wet fingers or face first). Remember, eyelids have the thinnest skin on your face.

The odd thing for me personally has nothing to do with the skin around my eyes, everything I try makes my eyes get red and tear something awful!

I will see how it goes tonight and report back, however no one should base this on my experience!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
DrJ wrote:

BTW - Can I get you good folks to help us make a list of priorities for product line expansion? We have preliminary work going on for an the lotion/bath, an eye cream, a lip balm, a facial scrub, and a new kind of peel ("what if you could peel and heal simultaneously?"). What would you all like to see (and in what order?). TIA

Hard to choose - it all sounds so good. I'm really curious about the peel, sounds interesting, do tell more please. After that my preference would be the body/hand cream and I think they should both contain retinol and niacinamide. How does it work that you can apply it as a lotion and bathe in it? Then the facial scrub, eye cream and last the lip balm.

The bathing thing and the lip balm involve two new technologies (not stem cytokines). The bathe in it is bath salts. Think smallest molecule in nature (penetration) and also best antioxidant. Then slip over the period table to non-metal orbit fillers. This is fun!
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
DrJ wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

The odd thing for me personally has nothing to do with the skin around my eyes, everything I try makes my eyes get red and tear something awful!

I will see how it goes tonight and report back, however no one should base this on my experience!

DM, sounds like your mucous membranes are so sensitive that just the vapors/fumes of a product around the eyes can irritate. We have no aromatics in there, so good chance you will tolerate.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
DrJ wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

DM, sounds like your mucous membranes are so sensitive that just the vapors/fumes of a product around the eyes can irritate. We have no aromatics in there, so good chance you will tolerate.

Yes Dr. J,

You hit the nail on the head, that happens if I use even face cream with fragrance added (artificial) EO's don't do that to my eyes in my own blends?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Lacy53 wrote:
myamax wrote:
A quick observation in regard to eczema - I get eczema patches on my hands during wintertime (am located in Alberta, Canada) with handwashing aggrivating it further... and I do a lot of that due to the number of baby diapers I change in a day!

When my AnteAGE products arrived 4 days ago (I ordered both the serum and accelerator), I tried them on my hands first. Wasn't intending to use them regularly on my hands, I had simply done that when I opened the package to get a 'feel' for the product. In short, I was amazed at how much better my hands felt (not itching) and looked (marked decrease in red, scaly patches). Applied the product again that night and was delighted in the morning - in my opinion, it worked as well as my topical corticosteroid cream (0.1% Prevex B, mild prescription strength). Really very pleased!

Glad to hear there might be a loyalty program down the road, as given how well it worked I might be tempted to use it regularly on my hands during wintertime.

Enjoying it on my face too, with no irritation or breakouts, skin feels calm and hydrated. I did try using the accelerator + serum during the day but found it a bit much when combined with my sunscreen and cosmetics. Nightime I use both, but daytime is serum only.

Note to Dr J Re: Future product development ... how about a nice hand cream or body lotion?

Excellent idea. A lot of trial users found it worked great on neck, decolletage, hands, and arms. Several had marked vitiligo that reversed with AnteAGE. We have a body product in the pipeline that can actually bathe in (as well as apply as a lotion).

BTW - Can I get you good folks to help us make a list of priorities for product line expansion? We have preliminary work going on for an the lotion/bath, an eye cream, a lip balm, a facial scrub, and a new kind of peel ("what if you could peel and heal simultaneously?"). What would you all like to see (and in what order?). TIA

All of these products released on the same day. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
jom wrote:
DrJ wrote:

Hard to choose - it all sounds so good. I'm really curious about the peel, sounds interesting, do tell more please. After that my preference would be the body/hand cream and I think they should both contain retinol and niacinamide. How does it work that you can apply it as a lotion and bathe in it? Then the facial scrub, eye cream and last the lip balm.

The bathing thing and the lip balm involve two new technologies (not stem cytokines). The bathe in it is bath salts. Think smallest molecule in nature (penetration) and also best antioxidant. Then slip over the period table to non-metal orbit fillers. This is fun!

Oh, so the lotion/bath is really two products you wouldn't bathe in the same product you use as a lotion. I got that confused. I thought you meant it was a lotion that you could also use in the bath. I'm not sure I would use the peel but it sounds interesting. What is the best antioxidant and the non-metal orbit filler? I need to have things spelled out, I'm so not a chemistry person. Social science is my forte.

Also, I have no problem using the serum under my eyes and really love it there. I think it has made some improvement in the look of my under eye area. A more creamy eye cream sounds nice too.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

I have had no issues using it on my eyelids.

Me neither, and I use both on my lids.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:

Hi rg, the idea with the eye cream would be to supply cytokines along with added anti-bag, anti-circle ingredients in something more creamy than serum.

The Accelerator is a great moisturizer and is already creamy, IMO, but I see if one wants to address bags/circles you may need a different product with different ingredients.

Now, I am all about the lip product, so what new technology - can you share?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'd also be very interested to see a really excellent handcream being developed. Like myamax, I suffer from eczema and contact dermatitis on my hands, especially during the colder weather. The best solution I've yet found is Kiehls' Intensive Treatment for Calloused Areas slathered on and topped off with cotton gloves before I go to bed. However, I'd dearly love something even more effective - particularly as my hands look at least 10 years older than my actual age during the day because they dry out so much and the skin is so thin.

As for lip balms, I find that rich creams, such as Valmont's lip products, give a much more effective and longer lasting result than a typical balm or chapstick-type solution. Maybe some kind of highly moisturising cream, but with a little exfoliating action to get rid of any dry flakes?

Finally, I'm desperate to find the perfect eye cream which will help to diminish the appearance of fine lines at least a little(not expecting a miraculous full disappearance of them, though, alas!)

ETA:
My final finally is a wish for a product which really does get rid of unwanted body hair, or at least slow growth considerably - BUT also tackling the problem of ingrowing hairs. (Other ingrowing hair-tackling products I've tried either burn my skin or contain lots of salicylic acid, resulting in problems with asthma.)

I'm probably asking for way too much here, but solutions for any of these things would be wonderful.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
The product line was ZO Skin Health (retinol based), which is no longer available direct to consumers.

You can still get ZO at Nordstrom

http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/8000303?origin=brandindex
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
bethany wrote:
The product line was ZO Skin Health (retinol based), which is no longer available direct to consumers.

You can still get ZO at Nordstrom

http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/8000303?origin=brandindex

Interesting...they took down their online store, plus I can no longer find it at EDS, Sephora, Lovelyskin, etc. But based on the Nordstrom link, they raised some of their prices so I would skip it anyway.

Plus we figured out most were available elswhere under different labels anyway (except the Polish which I LOVED, darn it).

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I did a pretend checkout on the us site and it looks like you can order from there.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi just checking in with an update. I have been using both the serum and accelerator for almost 3 weeks. I have not experienced any irritation or acne breakouts (always a big thing for me). I am
using 2 pumps of the serum and 2 pumps of accelerator 2x a day. I have tried 3 pumps of accelerator but if is too heavy on my oily skin.
I am still using RA on top about an hr or 2 afterwards.

In the last 4 days I have noticed the pores on my cheek area are getting smaller. This is great because it is one of my areas of concern, with the other being under eye area which I have not seen any difference. Other then that I am happy with the packaging and hope to see more progress as time goes on.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Hi just checking in with an update. I have been using both the serum and accelerator for almost 3 weeks. I have not experienced any irritation or acne breakouts (always a big thing for me). I am
using 2 pumps of the serum and 2 pumps of accelerator 2x a day. I have tried 3 pumps of accelerator but if is too heavy on my oily skin.
I am still using RA on top about an hr or 2 afterwards.

In the last 4 days I have noticed the pores on my cheek area are getting smaller. This is great because it is one of my areas of concern, with the other being under eye area which I have not seen any difference. Other then that I am happy with the packaging and hope to see more progress as time goes on.

Thanks for checking in Cookie! Please keep us apprised of your progress.
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53
Lacy53 wrote:
I save my cash for leave-on products; I'm a very simple consumer.

Sunscreen DrJ....the rest is fluff.

Day #10. Calm clear skin. Have been using both around eyes since Day #1. Good.

Eye cream? You mean rebottle the same product in a tiny container and charge 3X the price? Don't give them any ideas...

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2012 12:09 am      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
Eye cream? You mean rebottle the same product in a tiny container and charge 3X the price? Don't give them any ideas...

Good point! Laughing
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2012 12:11 am      Reply with quote
Just to let everyone know that I've had an email from Steve on the Cellese site to say that they are indeed setting up a Paypal payment facility on Tuesday.

For those of us in Europe, it's probably a good idea to wait until Wednesday because of the time difference.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2012 12:27 am      Reply with quote
I am all for an eye cream with the cytokines that also addresses eye bags & circles.

A rich lip product that kept lips moist & plump would be perfect!
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2012 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered, but I really have waded through all the pages, and if this was I missed it. Is this product suppose to "reverse" aging (so to speak)? By that I mean, its purported on ISCO thread by a few, that lines and wrinkles (albeit a year later) are gone.

I keep seeing lines bragging on 29-49% wrinkle reduction, ect. While that's better than 0, I am looking for the real deal; a half a wrinkles still a wrinkle.

Now I am not insane, and I do not expect ZERO lines on my face, I just can't find what exactly should be expected from this line. Loyalty program or not, this will be costly to invest in, not only money but time. So simple question, what can I expect?

TIA
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2012 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered, but I really have waded through all the pages, and if this was I missed it. Is this product suppose to "reverse" aging (so to speak)? By that I mean, its purported on ISCO thread by a few, that lines and wrinkles (albeit a year later) are gone.

I keep seeing lines bragging on 29-49% wrinkle reduction, ect. While that's better than 0, I am looking for the real deal; a half a wrinkles still a wrinkle.

Now I am not insane, and I do not expect ZERO lines on my face, I just can't find what exactly should be expected from this line. Loyalty program or not, this will be costly to invest in, not only money but time. So simple question, what can I expect?

TIA

Hi Tiny. These are really hard questions. I'll do my best.

How well any product works for you has so many variables to consider. In addition to all the product variables (actives, concentrations, their mechanisms, duration of treatment, etc) there are the user variables (age, sex, skin type, genetics, exposure to environments like sun & chemicals over your lifetime, sensitivities, etc). That is why each person's journey really is an experiment. It starts with building a knowledge base, making wise selections, and (as many here point out) you need to stick with it long enough to give it a chance.

If you look at the details of any clinical trial you sill see that not all people respond to any given product. There is always a "failure rate". The top line summary usually blends together the experiences of a group of people, but by "averaging" you tend to gloss over individual differences. In Cellese's recent clinical trial we had several people who did not benefit at all (I think it was 4%). We had people who experienced what they would call profound transformations at the other end of the spectrum. In the middle is a normal distribution. The mean of that was much higher than we expected, but ot is still a mean. Where would you fall on the distribution?

These kinds of data can help you compare one study to another. But that is not the same as knowing where you will fall in the distribution. All of this says you also need to take a leap of faith. By hanging out on forums like these you at least get a chance to ask a lot of questions and talk to other users. But at the end of the day you have to make a reasoned choice and go with it. Take a calculated risk.

Watch out for statements like "50% reduction in wrinkles". Are they averaging wrinkle size, number of wrinkles, or what? The number of people who went from having to not having? And yes, it can take 3-6 months to get to the maximum benefit part of the time/dose curve.

In terms of what to expect, again so many variables. Look at the clinical trial results as a guide. Do the issues that concern you most seem to have reached a level of success in those 49 people that it makes you want to invest in a personal experiment? If not, you may want to look around for something that better suits your financial risk taking comfort zone. You won't be on the leading edge, but there are some tried and true actives that may be "just right" for you.

PS the time commitment is minimal. 5 minutes a day. Really pretty simple.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2012 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ - do the AnteAGE serum and accelerator have the same % of stem cells in them? I see that it is the first ingredient in both products. But does one have more stem cells than the other?

Thanks!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2012 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
DrJ - do the AnteAGE serum and accelerator have the same % of stem cells in them? I see that it is the first ingredient in both products. But does one have more stem cells than the other?

Thanks!

Very interesting question!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2012 7:44 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:

Thanks!

Neither contains stem cells, but rather stem cytokines produced by them. Concentration is higher in the serum.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |