Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Review: Cellese AnteAGE Serum & Accelerator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
foxe wrote:
It's been over a week (closer to 10 days) since I place an order for samples. How long did it take everyone to receive their samples?

Are you in the US, foxe? It's only been 2-5 days in the US from feedback we have gotten. Longer (10 days) for Canada & AU. Send me a PM (with a name) so I can ask staff to look up your order.

Thanks for the offer of help. PM in your box right now! Oh - and I am in the US (midwest, to be exact)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
I cannot help thinking that DrF would be very excited to learn about stem cytokines. I need to write him a letter.

That would be great if you wrote him a letter. Please let us know his response.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Hello brierrose.....I live in Canada too. Did you have to pay and customs duty and taxes?

Hi leeleedeedee~ I had to pay taxes and handling fee which came to $36.00. Add that to 23.00 shipping really bumps up the cost. Crying or Very sad

Hopefully free shipping will be included in the loyalty program (hint,hint) Wink
havana8

Mon May 07, 2012 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
leeleedeedee wrote:
Hello brierrose.....I live in Canada too. Did you have to pay and customs duty and taxes?

Hi leeleedeedee~ I had to pay taxes and handling fee which came to $36.00. Add that to 23.00 shipping really bumps up the cost. Crying or Very sad

Hopefully free shipping will be included in the loyalty program (hint,hint) Wink

I hate it when that happens. Crying or Very sad I opted for the First-Class Mail International Parcel option for $5.75 and it arrived in 10 days sans any duty/taxes which I thought was fantastic on all counts.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Dr. J, what do you think of this article at Futurederm.com

http://www.futurederm.com/2012/05/07/do-stem-cells-in-skin-care-products-really-make-a-difference/

She says we should be using products with plant stem cells!!!
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
leeleedeedee wrote:

Yeah, I agree, we really need to do more for our very special customers in the frozen north. Especially since DrJ is a Canuck himself. Go Jets!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

http://www.futurederm.com/2012/05/07/do-stem-cells-in-skin-care-products-really-make-a-difference/

Although she was in favor of two types of plant stem cells to be fair here is a portion of what she said in regards to human stem cell extracts:

Do Cosmetics Brands Use Actual Human Stem Cells?
While there are a number of brands on the market touting the use of human stem cells, read the fine print. No cosmetic brand is currently using whole human stem cells. Instead, they are using human stem cell extracts. That one additional word is key, indicating that the formulations are based on growth factors. Typically, should skin stem cell extracts be used, you will have a product containing epidermal growth factors (which can only be found in human skin stem cells), which will have powerful rejuvenation and repair benefits to the skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

Oh, Nicki.

Its Ada somebody, not Nicki herslf. Ada quotes data from that irrefutable source - the Italian manufacturer of Edelweiss stem cells (??). Ada also needs lessons in English syntax.

Nicki has started taking on guests bloggers, and I think maybe she isn't really reading/editing/screening them, or at least not doing her own independent research.

Anyway, Let's assume she is guilty only of being too busy, and I will send her a gentle nudge note and point her to the barefacedtruth.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
jom wrote:

Although she was in favor of two types of plant stem cells to be fair here is a portion of what she said in regards to human stem cell extracts:

Do Cosmetics Brands Use Actual Human Stem Cells?
While there are a number of brands on the market touting the use of human stem cells, read the fine print. No cosmetic brand is currently using whole human stem cells. Instead, they are using human stem cell extracts. That one additional word is key, indicating that the formulations are based on growth factors. Typically, should skin stem cell extracts be used, you will have a product containing epidermal growth factors (which can only be found in human skin stem cells), which will have powerful rejuvenation and repair benefits to the skin.

It is COMPLETELY overshadowed by the fact that she recommended the plant stem cell products!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Yeah, I agree, we really need to do more for our very special customers in the frozen north. Especially since DrJ is a Canuck himself. Go Jets!

This is the 2nd time I have seen "Dr. J" refer to himself in the 3rd person...does someone else post on his behalf? (I did hear that someone else periodically answers his PMs).

I am not mentioning this to be picky, but think that it is important from a knowledge/full disclosure standpoint.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
brierrose wrote:
leeleedeedee wrote:

I hate it when that happens. Crying or Very sad I opted for the First-Class Mail International Parcel option for $5.75 and it arrived in 10 days sans any duty/taxes which I thought was fantastic on all counts.

What!!!! I sure chose the wrong shipping option didn't I. Thanks a million Havana!

There you go leeleedeedee, you can save a bundle!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Drat! I chose the more expensive option because I wanted it here faster. I forgot to factor in customs...highway robbery.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Wow....so Dr.J is Canadian. Way to go!! I am literally in the "Frozen North" since I work in a very remote Northern community and it is still very cold. It was snowing just last week!!! I hope Cellese is great for very dry/dehydrated skin. There is no shortage of that skin type way up here.

Thank you havana8 and brierrose for the information. That is a lot of money, brierrose, for shipping and then having to pay duty and taxes on top of that. I hate having a parcel stuck in customs. I hope Cellese is such a wonderful product for you that it's worth every penny.

I will place an order and hope I get as lucky as you, havana8. Very Happy
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
marina~ Highway robbery is right and I'm afraid I used a much more colorful expletive than Drat! Laughing

leeleedeedee~ Ahh thanks. I'm just glad you know the best shipping option now!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
marina~ Highway robbery is right and I'm afraid I used a much more colorful expletive than Drat! Laughing

leeleedeedee~ Ahh thanks. I'm just glad you know the best shipping option now!

I actually edited the more colourful expletive. Wink
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
DrJ wrote:

This is the 2nd time I have seen "Dr. J" refer to himself in the 3rd person...does someone else post on his behalf? (I did hear that someone else periodically answers his PMs).

I am not mentioning this to be picky, but think that it is important from a knowledge/full disclosure standpoint.

I re-read it twice and didn't take it that way. I think he is just calling himself by his name and he is a Jets fan. I think sometimes his silliness comes out, which is a good thing IMO.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
bethany wrote:
DrJ wrote:

I re-read it twice and didn't take it that way. I think he is just calling himself by his name and he is a Jets fan. I think sometimes his silliness comes out, which is a good thing IMO.

Let's go with that. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Hello Marina.....did you buy both the serum and accelerator? I'm somewhat hesitant about the accelerator because of the alcohol in it. Any kind of alcohol is so drying for my skin.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 5:33 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Hello Marina.....did you buy both the serum and accelerator? I'm somewhat hesitant about the accelerator because of the alcohol in it. Any kind of alcohol is so drying for my skin.

Not Marina,

I am using both with nothing else since starting, and I find the system moisturizing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 5:57 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:

Hi, leelee, just wanted to reply here because I have very dry skin and the Accelerator is my favorite of the 2 products. The serum is not moisturizing feeling to my skin at all, but the Accelerator is great and keeps my skin very soft and moisturized.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi Dark Moon and Rileygirl.....thank you so much for your replies. That's interesting about the accelerator being very moisturizing. I remember when I was in my Dr. Hauschka phase and bought many of his products my skin became so dry. Later I realized that there was alcohol in every product. Since then I avoided it. I found that many natural/organic skin care lines used alcohol. It was usually the second ingredient on the list.

I will rethink this and probably purchase the duo.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I have now added 3 small pimples to my nose, which was not the look I was going for. Sad

It could just be due to a change in my routine, or maybe the moisturizers in the products...who knows. But I am going to start cleaning my nose with SA before applying the serum, and try to keep the accelerator away from that area.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 6:58 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Hi Dark Moon and Rileygirl.....thank you so much for your replies. That's interesting about the accelerator being very moisturizing. I remember when I was in my Dr. Hauschka phase and bought many of his products my skin became so dry. Later I realized that there was alcohol in every product. Since then I avoided it. I found that many natural/organic skin care lines used alcohol. It was usually the second ingredient on the list.

I will rethink this and probably purchase the duo.

Hi leelee,

I did ask Dr. J about this on the label (on one of the threads):

Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol (Plant Derived)

The answer was the First Alcohol was an error in labeling and the Second Cetearyl Alcohol (Plant Derived is a moisturizing form of Alcohol.
There are several types and not all are stripping.

I also agree with Riley that the Accelerator is the more moisturizing of the two products. I don't have dry skin so both are somewhat moisturizing to me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 7:13 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:

I bought both and I agree that the accelerator is moisturizing..to the point where I may not be able to use daytime..at least during the summer. Then again, I still have oilyish skin. That said, I liked the accelerator very much and will start by using it at night and see how it goes. I liked the feel of both products and could see a difference in terms of skin texture even with the samples. My skin was more supple and smoother. Naturally I ran to computer, thanked the currency gods that the dollar is at par, and ordered.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Dark Moon and Marina for all of your information.

The Cdn dollar is at par??? Oh, I think I will rush to my computer right not and place my order. I will purchase both products because of everyone's recommendations. If some alcohol is not stripping (I didn't know this) then I'll give the accelerator a try.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |