Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Review: Cellese AnteAGE Serum & Accelerator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 7:51 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Thank you Dark Moon and Marina for all of your information.

The Cdn dollar is at par??? Oh, I think I will rush to my computer right not and place my order. I will purchase both products because of everyone's recommendations. If some alcohol is not stripping (I didn't know this) then I'll give the accelerator a try.

I can assure you there are several different forms of Alcohol, and some are not at all stripping! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 7:55 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:

The Cdn dollar is at par??? Oh, I think I will rush to my computer right not and place my order. I will purchase both products because of everyone's recommendations. If some alcohol is not stripping (I didn't know this) then I'll give the accelerator a try.

Better hurry. Due to Greece insanity Cdn $ now slightly under par...I watch these things Very Happy I shop so much us visa actually called and asked if I've moved Confused
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 9:42 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
jom wrote:
Hey Dr. J, what do you think of this article at Futurederm.com

http://www.futurederm.com/2012/05/07/do-stem-cells-in-skin-care-products-really-make-a-difference/

She says we should be using products with plant stem cells!!!

Although she was in favor of two types of plant stem cells to be fair here is a portion of what she said in regards to human stem cell extracts:

Do Cosmetics Brands Use Actual Human Stem Cells?
While there are a number of brands on the market touting the use of human stem cells, read the fine print. No cosmetic brand is currently using whole human stem cells. Instead, they are using human stem cell extracts. That one additional word is key, indicating that the formulations are based on growth factors. Typically, should skin stem cell extracts be used, you will have a product containing epidermal growth factors (which can only be found in human skin stem cells), which will have powerful rejuvenation and repair benefits to the skin.

It is COMPLETELY overshadowed by the fact that she recommended the plant stem cell products!

Chatted with Nicki. She is not advocating plant stem cells. She thought that the intro she wrote explaining that Ada was an industry executive, not a scientist, was a disclaimer that those opinions were not necessarily her own. Let's encourage Nicki. She is one of us!

But, I see nobody has left any comments to take that post to task. You EDSers need to make the world a safer & saner place -- go give 'em heck (you know, like you do me all the time) :lol:www.futurederm.com

Truth matters!
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 9:47 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
leeleedeedee wrote:

I can assure you there are several different forms of Alcohol, and some are not at all stripping! Very Happy

Some for stripping, some for dipping, some for sipping Rolling Eyes
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 9:48 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
jom wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
jom wrote:

http://www.futurederm.com/2012/05/07/do-stem-cells-in-skin-care-products-really-make-a-difference/

Although she was in favor of two types of plant stem cells to be fair here is a portion of what she said in regards to human stem cell extracts:

While there are a number of brands on the market touting the use of human stem cells, read the fine print. No cosmetic brand is currently using whole human stem cells. Instead, they are using human stem cell extracts. That one additional word is key, indicating that the formulations are based on growth factors. Typically, should skin stem cell extracts be used, you will have a product containing epidermal growth factors (which can only be found in human skin stem cells), which will have powerful rejuvenation and repair benefits to the skin.

It is COMPLETELY overshadowed by the fact that she recommended the plant stem cell products!

Chatted with Nicki. She is not advocating plant stem cells. She thought that the intro she wrote explaining that Ada was an industry executive, not a scientist, was a disclaimer that those opinions were not necessarily her own. Let's encourage Nicki. She is one of us!

But, I see nobody has left any comments to take that post to task. You EDSers need to make the world a safer & saner place -- go give 'em heck (you know, like you do me all the time) :lol:www.futurederm.com

Truth matters!

Glad to hear it Dr. J,

I have always said I did not believe for a second that a plant Stem Cell would be capable of communicating with my human cells!

I was only pointing out the positive portion regarding HUMAN STEM CELL EXTRACTS! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 10:01 am      Reply with quote
To Dark Moon or Dr.J.....how does one know which alcohol is stripping? Does each kind of alcohol go by a different name or are they all called "alcohol" on the label?

To Marina....that's hilarious about VISA. Thank's for the advice re the currency rate.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 10:09 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
To Dark Moon or Dr.J.....how does one know which alcohol is stripping? Does each kind of alcohol go by a different name or are they all called "alcohol" on the label?

To Marina....that's hilarious about VISA. Thank's for the advice re the currency rate.

Here is a list of common Alcohols in skin care:

The Meaning of Alcohol
A pure alcohol (AKA ethyl alcohol or ethanol) is used as an anticeptic or solvent in products like moisturizers, toners and perfumes. SD alcohol has been denatured (to help avoid accidental ingestion), and may be referred to as ethanol. It is this form of alcohols that people should avoid.
However, just because an ingredient contains the word 'alcohol', doesn't mean it is an ethyl alcohol. They might be from a related family, but many alcohols are good for your skin. Think of it this way: just because you don't like broccoli doesn't mean that you have to avoid vegetables altogether!
What are the 'Bad Alcohols' and Why are They Bad?
Avoid products with these ingredients on the label:
SD Alcohol
Ethanol
Methanol
Benzyl Alcohol
Isopropyl Alcohol
Methyl Alcohol
These are pure forms of alcohol, and can have a negative impact on the skin. They can break down the barrier layer of skin, which makes you more susceptible to sun damage and environmental elements. They can also cause dialated blood vessels (commonly referred to as broken capillaries). Many products designed for oily skin use SD Alcohol because it temporarily gets rid of oil. This should be avoided at all costs! While you may see a temporary improvement, eventually skin starts to overproduce oil to make up for the severe lack of oil caused by the alcohol. That's why many acne clients may love a product line for a few months, and then notice that it "stops working."
What Alcohols are Good?
Some alcohols are actually great to have in skin care products:
Cetyl Alcohol
A lubricant and stabilizer. It has a waxy form, and helps lock in moisture and form a protective layer.
Cetearyl Alcohol
An emulsifier and stabilizing agent derived from coconut oil. It can help to soften thicker products, and is commonly found in products for dry skin.
Stearyl Alcohol
Also derived from coconut oil, this emulsifier can substitute cetyl alcohol when a firmer formula is needed.
Lanolin Alcohol is also a "good alcohol", but Dermalogica avoids the use of lanolin ingredients. It is derived from the oil glands of sheep wool, and many people find lanolin ingredients to be a bit irritating.

http://www.skincarelogic.com/skin-care-alcohols.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Ethanol isn't necessarily a bad ingredient. It is a penetration enhancer and solvent, in small amounts very useful to get actives dissolved and absorbed.
I thought the 'alcohol' on the label was just that, alcohol - to enhance absorbtion of the cytokines that have after all to pass the skin barrier to do their wonderful thing! Apparently I was wrong (thought it was there for that reason because most transdermal delivery systems use alcohol).
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Ethanol isn't necessarily a bad ingredient. It is a penetration enhancer and solvent, in small amounts very useful to get actives dissolved and absorbed.
I thought the 'alcohol' on the label was just that, alcohol - to enhance absorbtion of the cytokines that have after all to pass the skin barrier to do their wonderful thing! Apparently I was wrong (thought it was there for that reason because most transdermal delivery systems use alcohol).

Agree,

I use it to dissolve certain ingredients in my DIY serums, It is only stripping in large amounts or straight for most of us. Those who are sensitive or very dry might have issues with it in a lesser amount than some.

I do recall when I asked Dr. J about the Alcohol in the ingredient list he said it was not Ethanol ect.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi I have been using this for 4 weeks now (started on 4-9) and today looked at my bottles in the light to see how much I have left. I have used a little less than 50% of the serum and about 1/3 of the accelerator. At this rate the serum should last me about 9 weeks and the accelerator about 12 weeks. Jom how much product have you used so far?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 10:38 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Lotusesther wrote:

Agree,

I use it to dissolve certain ingredients in my DIY serums, It is only stripping in large amounts or straight for most of us. Those who are sensitive or very dry might have issues with it in a lesser amount than some.

I do recall when I asked Dr. J about the Alcohol in the ingredient list he said it was not Ethanol ect.

Idea for a new product. We'll call it Moonshine Unwrinkle. Sip & slather. Actually does nothing for wrinkles ... but at least you stop caring about them after a while. Laughing
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Idea for a new product. We'll call it Moonshine Unwrinkle. Sip & slather. Actually does nothing for wrinkles ... but at least you stop caring about them after a while. Laughing

Just put in the resveratrol and polyphenols and bingo! Cheers!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Quote:

Just put in the resveratrol and polyphenols and bingo! Cheers!

LOL Lotusester! Laughing

Shock doc I buy EverCleer, legal moonshine, I only use it to dissolve some things and make my own extracts!

I would not dream of drinking it, not since I was a wild youngun! Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Dark Moon, that was very informative about the different alcohols.

Much appreciated Very Happy
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I am, however, left with a puzzle.

At the start of this thread Jom gave a list of ingredients of both the serum and the accelerator. And "alcohol" is actually listed as an ingredient of the accelerator. (on the website you can also find 'essential oils' as an ingredient, and come to think of it several times it was asked which oils exactly are used btw).
Now I understand that there is no 'alcohol' as an ingredient. I understand that labeling etc. are being done by someone not actually involved in making the product and mistakes can happen, as can misunderstandings. But I think it would be nice to publish here the right ingredient list, with all the mistakes and question marks filtered out?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
I am, however, left with a puzzle.

At the start of this thread Jom gave a list of ingredients of both the serum and the accelerator. And "alcohol" is actually listed as an ingredient of the accelerator. (on the website you can also find 'essential oils' as an ingredient, and come to think of it several times it was asked which oils exactly are used btw).
Now I understand that there is no 'alcohol' as an ingredient. I understand that labeling etc. are being done by someone not actually involved in making the product and mistakes can happen, as can misunderstandings. But I think it would be nice to publish here the right ingredient list, with all the mistakes and question marks filtered out?

That is what I asked Dr.J about as I saw two Alcohols listed, his response was that the only one was the Cetearyl Alcohol and the label and ingredient list was incorrect as listed, which will be corrected.

Hopefully the correct ingredient list will be posted and labels corrected!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 11:07 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
jom wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
jom wrote:

Truth matters!

Isn't Nicki allowed to edit her own blog? I understood that it was not her writing it but the fact that it is on her blog makes it seem like she is supportive of the opinions. She is putting incorrect information out there for consumers to read. And I think there are a lot of people who would think that since it is on her blog she agrees with it. I like Nicki but I think sometimes she recommends things that she really shouldn't recommend. YSL skincare? Really?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 11:11 am      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Hi I have been using this for 4 weeks now (started on 4-9) and today looked at my bottles in the light to see how much I have left. I have used a little less than 50% of the serum and about 1/3 of the accelerator. At this rate the serum should last me about 9 weeks and the accelerator about 12 weeks. Jom how much product have you used so far?

Hi Cookie, I think I've used about 1/3 of the serum. I'm thinking that I have about another month and half of product left. It's really cool that the containers allow you to see how much product you have left.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 11:39 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
CookieD wrote:

Hi Cookie, I think I've used about 1/3 of the serum. I'm thinking that I have about another month and half of product left. It's really cool that the containers allow you to see how much product you have left.

Wow, how many pumps are you guys using? When I look at mine, it appears that I have about 1/3 Left in the Serum, and a lot more left in the Accelerator. My serum hasn't worked right, and I have to keep mine stored upside down and pump it out that way, but I stood it up overnight to check the level. I can't really tell what I am looking at, as both the bottom and top areas are "dark" like they are part of the bottle, if that makes sense? Maybe I should try to look at my bottles from a different light source. (I am using both products twice a day - 2 pumps for each product.)
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 11:41 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
DrJ wrote:
jom wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
jom wrote:

Truth matters!

Isn't Nicki allowed to edit her own blog? I understood that it was not her writing it but the fact that it is on her blog makes it seem like she is supportive of the opinions. She is putting incorrect information out there for consumers to read. And I think there are a lot of people who would think that since it is on her blog she agrees with it. I like Nicki but I think sometimes she recommends things that she really shouldn't recommend. YSL skincare? Really?

Did you tell Nicki that? She listens and seems very responsive, and responsible. Unlike others we won't mention. You all need to go over there and drop comments on that plant stem cell piece. Do it now before you forget.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 11:44 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
CookieD wrote:

Thanks Jom. It is good that you can "see" into the bottles so you know how much is left.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 11:50 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
jom wrote:
CookieD wrote:

Wow, how many pumps are you guys using? When I look at mine, it appears that I have about 1/3 Left in the Serum, and a lot more left in the Accelerator. My serum hasn't worked right, and I have to keep mine stored upside down and pump it out that way, but I stood it up overnight to check the level. I can't really tell what I am looking at, as both the bottom and top areas are "dark" like they are part of the bottle, if that makes sense? Maybe I should try to look at my bottles from a different light source. (I am using both products twice a day - 2 pumps for each product.)

Maybe if you applied it hanging upside down like you are supposed to, it would work properly. Embarassed

Seriously RG, your container is unsnapped, so not an airtight seal. Factory error. Probably throws off the whole dosing thing. We'll send you out a replacement.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 11:53 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
jom wrote:
CookieD wrote:

Hi Rileygirl, I am using 1 1/2 to 2 pumps of serum 2x a day and the same for accelerator. There is a dark area on both the top and the bottom of the bottles. The product amount left is in between these two dark areas if that makes sense.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:

Maybe if you applied it hanging upside down like you are supposed to, it would work properly. Embarassed

Seriously RG, your container is unsnapped, so not an airtight seal. Factory error. Probably throws off the whole dosing thing. We'll send you out a replacement.

LOL. I don't think I am that coordinated or flexible to apply the product that way!

ETA: Do you mean I may be applying More product using it the way I am?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:

Hi Rileygirl, I am using 1 1/2 to 2 pumps of serum 2x a day and the same for accelerator. There is a dark area on both the top and the bottom of the bottles. The product amount left is in between these two dark areas if that makes sense.

Thanks, Cookie. So, I am seeing right and there is a dark area on both the top and bottom? I will recheck tonight, but really from the looks of it I have 1/3 of the product left!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |