Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Review: Cellese AnteAGE Serum & Accelerator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
jom wrote:
DrJ wrote:
jom wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
jom wrote:
Hey Dr. J, what do you think of this article at Futurederm.com

http://www.futurederm.com/2012/05/07/do-stem-cells-in-skin-care-products-really-make-a-difference/

She says we should be using products with plant stem cells!!!

Although she was in favor of two types of plant stem cells to be fair here is a portion of what she said in regards to human stem cell extracts:

Do Cosmetics Brands Use Actual Human Stem Cells?
While there are a number of brands on the market touting the use of human stem cells, read the fine print. No cosmetic brand is currently using whole human stem cells. Instead, they are using human stem cell extracts. That one additional word is key, indicating that the formulations are based on growth factors. Typically, should skin stem cell extracts be used, you will have a product containing epidermal growth factors (which can only be found in human skin stem cells), which will have powerful rejuvenation and repair benefits to the skin.

It is COMPLETELY overshadowed by the fact that she recommended the plant stem cell products!

Chatted with Nicki. She is not advocating plant stem cells. She thought that the intro she wrote explaining that Ada was an industry executive, not a scientist, was a disclaimer that those opinions were not necessarily her own. Let's encourage Nicki. She is one of us!

But, I see nobody has left any comments to take that post to task. You EDSers need to make the world a safer & saner place -- go give 'em heck (you know, like you do me all the time) :lol:www.futurederm.com

Truth matters!

Isn't Nicki allowed to edit her own blog? I understood that it was not her writing it but the fact that it is on her blog makes it seem like she is supportive of the opinions. She is putting incorrect information out there for consumers to read. And I think there are a lot of people who would think that since it is on her blog she agrees with it. I like Nicki but I think sometimes she recommends things that she really shouldn't recommend. YSL skincare? Really?

Did you tell Nicki that? She listens and seems very responsive, and responsible. Unlike others we won't mention. You all need to go over there and drop comments on that plant stem cell piece. Do it now before you forget.

I did leave a comment over there with a link to your article on BFT about plant stem cells.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
CookieD wrote:

Hi Rileygirl, I am using 1 1/2 to 2 pumps of serum 2x a day and the same for accelerator. There is a dark area on both the top and the bottom of the bottles. The product amount left is in between these two dark areas if that makes sense.

Thanks, Cookie. So, I am seeing right and there is a dark area on both the top and bottom? I will recheck tonight, but really from the looks of it I have 1/3 of the product left!

Riley, I look at the bottom of the container. There is a light area on the bottom of the container and when it turns dark you can tell that is the amount of product that is left.
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
I did leave a comment over there with a link to your article on BFT about plant stem cells.

It will never see the light of day.

She must have been sleeping through embryology class.

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DrJ wrote:

Maybe if you applied it hanging upside down like you are supposed to, it would work properly. Embarassed

Seriously RG, your container is unsnapped, so not an airtight seal. Factory error. Probably throws off the whole dosing thing. We'll send you out a replacement.

LOL. I don't think I am that coordinated or flexible to apply the product that way!

ETA: Do you mean I may be applying More product using it the way I am?

Well, no, probably not, I'm just unhappy that you are not getting the benefit of that cool container standing upright on your shelf. And we wan't to be sure it is airtight, because that prevents oxidation of all those wonderful antioxidants. Whole point of an "airless" pump. Don't try to gauge your usage from this, wait until you get a new container.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
jom wrote:

It will never see the light of day.

She must have been sleeping through embryology class.

Botany is not well represented in medical school. The department of pharmacology is the best source. Pathology is very good for poisons used in murders.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
CookieD wrote:

Hi Rileygirl, I am using 1 1/2 to 2 pumps of serum 2x a day and the same for accelerator. There is a dark area on both the top and the bottom of the bottles. The product amount left is in between these two dark areas if that makes sense.

Thanks, Cookie. So, I am seeing right and there is a dark area on both the top and bottom? I will recheck tonight, but really from the looks of it I have 1/3 of the product left!

Riley, I look at the bottom of the container. There is a light area on the bottom of the container and when it turns dark you can tell that is the amount of product that is left.

Jom, do you not have a dark area on the top of your bottle also? On mine it comes down about 3/4 of an inch for the bottom of the silver cap.I'm not trying to say that there isn't the right amount of product in the bottles. I'm just trying to make sure I'm looking at it right so I know when to order more.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
If that is the quality of medical training in the US these days? I'll stick with TCM.

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
jom wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
CookieD wrote:

Jom, do you not have a dark area on the top of your bottle also? On mine it comes down about 3/4 of an inch for the bottom of the silver cap.I'm not trying to say that there isn't the right amount of product in the bottles. I'm just trying to make sure I'm looking at it right so I know when to order more.

I'll look at it again more closely when I get home tonight and let you know.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
If that is the quality of medical training in the US these days? I'll stick with TCM.

Turner Classic Movies?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Well, no, probably not, I'm just unhappy that you are not getting the benefit of that cool container standing upright on your shelf. And we wan't to be sure it is airtight, because that prevents oxidation of all those wonderful antioxidants. Whole point of an "airless" pump. Don't try to gauge your usage from this, wait until you get a new container.

I am probably not coordinated or flexible enough? Humph. LOL. Kidding. Ok. I understand.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
jom wrote:

OK. I am going to put on my reading glasses and take this to the brightest light I have in my house tonight. Let you know what I see, as well!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
jom wrote:
jom wrote:

OK. I am going to put on my reading glasses and take this to the brightest light I have in my house tonight. Let you know what I see, as well!

Mine was pretty clear what was product and what was not when I looked at it up against a light.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
DragoN wrote:

Turner Classic Movies?

Traditional Chinese Medicine. And, she has something there. Acupuncture and herbs can work wonders!
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
DrJ wrote:
DragoN wrote:

Turner Classic Movies?

Traditional Chinese Medicine. And, she has something there. Acupuncture and herbs can work wonders!

Oh, you mean "poke and puke"?
<signed> prototypical western medical practitioner and fan of Turner Classic Movies
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
jom wrote:
DrJ wrote:
DragoN wrote:

Turner Classic Movies?

Oh, you mean "poke and puke"?
<signed> prototypical western medical practitioner and fan of Turner Classic Movies

Progressive western medical practitioners see the value in "alternative" medicine, including TCM. Don't be left behind! Although, TCM practitioners do not view their practice as "alternative" because it has been around for so long.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
* still waiting for the ingredient list, it can't be so hard to post the info that should be stated both on the website and the bottles even if the printer and the webmaster have made a mess of it.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. J, the ingredients list for the accelerator says this:

Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol (Plant Derived),

Is that accurate?

Would you say that the ingredients list on the Cellese website have been updated and are accurate now? TIA
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
* still waiting for the ingredient list, it can't be so hard to post the info that should be stated both on the website and the bottles even if the printer and the webmaster have made a mess of it.

SERUM: http://anteage.com/key-ingredients/
ACCELERATOR: http://anteage.com/key-ingredients-in-anteage-accelerator/
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Dr. J, the ingredients list for the accelerator says this:

Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol (Plant Derived),

Is that accurate?

Would you say that the ingredients list on the Cellese website have been updated and are accurate now? TIA

Yes.

The “alcohol” comes from the soyaglycones fraction. The MSDS/CofA provided with this ingredient reads: Alcohol, Polysorbate-20, Lecithin, Soy Isoflavones, Water, Bisabolol.

The final list of ingredients on a label derives from a munging together of all the MSDS/CofA's provided by all the component manufacturers. We didn't deliberately add alcohol, it came as a stowaway. It's not a concern, for all the reasons others have documented here. It's not antifreeze. Or even etoh. Speaking of which .... is it happy hour yet? Cool And what's on TCM tonight?
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Are you sure it's not polysorbate-80? Lipobelle soyaglycone?
If so, why are the soy isoflavones so much lower in the list, as the soyaglycone preparations I find on the internet all state -and-and-and?

Another question: you state 'cytokines' as main ingredient. Shouldn't that read 'conditioned medium'?

And again the same question: which essential oils are used? They are still mentioned on the ingredient list, even if you stated earlier that there are in fact no essential oils in your product.

Isn't it a legal obligation to state your ingredients correctly and not put ingredients on the ingredient list that are in fact not present in the product?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
[ Speaking of which .... is it happy hour yet? Cool And what's on TCM tonight?

Apparently not, you still have essential oils on your ingredients list for the serum on the Cellese website. Shame on you Perhaps you're imbibing too much which is resulting in a lack of attention to detail? Laughing

I prefer HGTV.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Are you sure it's not polysorbate-80? Lipobelle soyaglycone? Yes
If so, why are the soy isoflavones so much lower in the list, as the soyaglycone preparations I find on the internet all state -and-and-and? You will have to ask the manufacturers computer program that calculates all that. Remember this is all done on a w/w basis, and has nothning to do with effective doses.

Another question: you state 'cytokines' as main ingredient. Shouldn't that read 'conditioned medium'? Nope
And again the same question: which essential oils are used? They are still mentioned on the ingredient list, even if you stated earlier that there are in fact no essential oils in your product. None

Isn't it a legal obligation to state your ingredients correctly and not put ingredients on the ingredient list that are in fact not present in the product? We live not under the law, but under grace (Romans 6). I don't think you would want us to redo all those containers for a minor error that has zero clinical significance. Double the cost of the product!
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
DrJ wrote:

Apparently not, you still have essential oils on your ingredients list for the serum on the Cellese website. Shame on you Perhaps you're imbibing too much which is resulting in a lack of attention to detail? Laughing

I prefer HGTV.

Ah, that's the problem. Cellese.com needs a refresh. AnteAge.com is right. It takes a while. If we get married, we are going to need separate TV's!
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Lotusesther wrote:
Are you sure it's not polysorbate-80? Lipobelle soyaglycone? Yes
If so, why are the soy isoflavones so much lower in the list, as the soyaglycone preparations I find on the internet all state -and-and-and? You will have to ask the manufacturers computer program that calculates all that. Remember this is all done on a w/w basis, and has nothning to do with effective doses.

Another question: you state 'cytokines' as main ingredient. Shouldn't that read 'conditioned medium'? Nope
And again the same question: which essential oils are used? They are still mentioned on the ingredient list, even if you stated earlier that there are in fact no essential oils in your product. None

Isn't it a legal obligation to state your ingredients correctly and not put ingredients on the ingredient list that are in fact not present in the product? We live not under the law, but under grace (Romans 6). I don't think you would want us to redo all those containers for a minor error that has zero clinical significance. Double the cost of the product!

Well, maybe I would think you ought to redo all those containers, or at least the stickers. Because it's a legal requirement, and all of this about ingredients that are or are not there or not stated in the right order does not make your product look very reliable. Not to mention the requirements of law. Minor detail, but where I live products have to be recalled (and the producer is fined) if the ingredient list states things that are not in fact present in the product. Weird huh?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2012 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
jom wrote:
DrJ wrote:

I prefer HGTV.

Ah, that's the problem. Cellese.com needs a refresh. AnteAge.com is right. It takes a while. If we get married, we are going to need separate TV's!

This is the link you provided a few posts back http://anteage.com/key-ingredients/ I believe it is the AnteAGE website and it still says essential oils.

I thought you were already married? I'm calling out the papparazzi! (or better yet the FBI-there's another hole in your statement)!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |