Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Review: Cellese AnteAGE Serum & Accelerator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 10:42 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
To Bethany....do you feel in any way that your skin is dry because of the serum and/or accelerator?

P.S. I love Tamanu Oil and use it every now and then when I feel my skin needs extra hydration.

Leelee, the only thing that is keeping me from saying a definite yes is that Cure gel I used which irritated my skin. But even prior to using that I had woken up and found myself scratching my face a few times from dryness.

I think that it is a hydrating product, and I did see some wrinkle softening within about 3 days. However, I do not think it is as hydrating enough for MY skin as some of the other products I typically use (primarily Nia24).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 11:21 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
leeleedeedee wrote:
To Bethany....do you feel in any way that your skin is dry because of the serum and/or accelerator?

P.S. I love Tamanu Oil and use it every now and then when I feel my skin needs extra hydration.

Leelee, the only thing that is keeping me from saying a definite yes is that Cure gel I used which irritated my skin. But even prior to using that I had woken up and found myself scratching my face a few times from dryness.

I think that it is a hydrating product, and I did see some wrinkle softening within about 3 days. However, I do not think it is as hydrating enough for MY skin as some of the other products I typically use (primarily Nia24).

I found the acclerator made my skin dry and a little itchy. But, I use Retin A at night so I think using the accelerator with the retinol in it was too much for my skin. Most people who don't use Retin A and use both products find the accelerator to be moisturizing.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 11:36 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
bethany wrote:
leeleedeedee wrote:

I found the acclerator made my skin dry and a little itchy. But, I use Retin A at night so I think using the accelerator with the retinol in it was too much for my skin. Most people who don't use Retin A and use both products find the accelerator to be moisturizing.

I have used Retin A one time since I started AnteAge...I typically use it every Sunday night. Maybe that and the Cure contributed to the dryness?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 11:40 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Elvis, what results are you hoping to see?

I've been using just the serum only once a day for a month and I feel like I am seeing a difference in my skin. In overall brightness, smaller pores and my undereye area looks slightly better. My skin was pretty good to begin with but I think it looks bettter now.

I have a little redness, and the pores on my nose show up more than I'd like them to. The other pores are not very visible. In addition, I have the beginnings of tiny lines on the outside of the eyes. Again, not that noticeable, but I want them gone before they beome more than tiny impressions. I've tried lots of other things to take care of these issues, but nothing has had any impact. I am hoping this product will be different if given adequate time to work.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
DrJ
I am from over regulated EU to. Can you tell me if it is likely that your product will eventually be available in the UK. If so any idea on the time frame. I appreciate you may have to ask another department in your company. As the brains behind the outfit I am sure you don't deal with the distribution. TY.
I apologise if this has been asked/answered before. I have actually read the whole thread but it is so full of snidey comments, one upmanship and scientific bumpf (to me anyway)that I cannot remember what has been said on this subject.

Hi LL, we are working through a third party to try and find a way. Lots of red tape. Cannot say of or when yet, just that we really want it to happen, so we persist. meanwhile we do have people ordering through friends in the US and Canada who then reship. We cannot tell you to do that, but apparently it works.

Bumph. Chiefly British Slang. Printed matter, such as pamphlets, forms, or memorandums, especially of an official nature and deemed of little interest or importance.

Ouch. Unless of course you just meant the rat hippocampus cells that made headlines.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
There were some questions about FDA compliance, labeling, that sort of thing. The answer is yes, our manufacturing partners are fully FDA compliant to the highest standards. They have all the certifications, and are regularly inspected by the FDA. They do everything by the book. Our labeling is actually generated by them, not us, using FDA approved software. (The fact that there was an error in that has already been thoroughly addressed - we forgive them).Everything in this FDA facility is tested and retested, put through sophisticated analyses. Every batch of every ingredient is tested. It's a rigorous process. I believe our main manufacturer is actually one of the largest in the nation. They also manufacture for some of the big brands you are all familiar with.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
There were some questions about FDA compliance, labeling, that sort of thing. The answer is yes, our manufacturing partners are fully FDA compliant to the highest standards. They have all the certifications, and are regularly inspected by the FDA. They do everything by the book. Our labeling is actually generated by them, not us, using FDA approved software. (The fact that there was an error in that has already been thoroughly addressed - we forgive them).Everything in this FDA facility is tested and retested, put through sophisticated analyses. Every batch of every ingredient is tested. It's a rigorous process. I believe our main manufacturer is actually one of the largest in the nation. They also manufacture for some of the big brands you are all familiar with.

Thanks for letting us know Dr. J, it is appreciated!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Hi LL, we are working through a third party to try and find a way. Lots of red tape. Cannot say of or when yet, just that we really want it to happen, so we persist. meanwhile we do have people ordering through friends in the US and Canada who then reship. We cannot tell you to do that, but apparently it works.

Bumph. Chiefly British Slang. Printed matter, such as pamphlets, forms, or memorandums, especially of an official nature and deemed of little interest or importance.

Ouch. Unless of course you just meant the rat hippocampus cells that made headlines.

thank you DrJ for your answer. I actually used to have several friends here that got me stuff and sent it to me. (I did pay for it). I guess at the moment that is my only option. I just find it easier to order from UK no risk of those nasty little customs men seizing my package and charging me an absolute fortune for the pleasure of having them rip it open and then resealing it in an ugly manner.
I use bumph in the context of crap/rubbish of no importance. I forget that English and American are slightly different languages. You should have seen my face when an American friend mentioned her fanny. Suffice to say in England is a different meaning.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Speaking of bumpf I have some new science to share. This really cool. For all of you who worry about conditioned medium of mesenchymal stem cells being unkind to rat neurons already damaged by toxins, looky here. Cytokine rich CM-MSC doing good things for lungs damaged by cigarette smoke. Wow. Add that to the host of other (human)organs being revitalized by same. Very exciting. Future of medicine sort of stuff.

http://ajplung.physiology.org/content/302/9/L891.abstract
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
...when an American friend mentioned her fanny. Suffice to say in England is a different meaning.

...and when we say shag, we are generally referring to a style of carpet.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
loopylori wrote:
...when an American friend mentioned her fanny. Suffice to say in England is a different meaning.

...and when we say shag, we are generally referring to a style of carpet.

Laughing
I am not going there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

- I would like more details on the promised loyalty program now...since I am planning on giving this a 3-6 month trial, I know I will need to repurchase and would like to do so BEFORE my other bottles run out.

Agree. Info now please!

Triple that Please!

BAD NEWS

Cannot tell you final numbers yet on the loyalty discount. Ask me again in a week.

Dr J - It has been a week and we are back for an update! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Rileygirl
Quote:
Thank you, Dragon. I am curious if you will continue to use the AnteAGE or go back to your own DIY formulas?

We have our own cytokine stem cell machines...we just have to kick them into gear. Wink And DIY has Kinetin, which has fascinating effects on our cells which even our own cytokines do not.

DrJ's formula is not a one trick pony. It's an elegant symphony of actives which any DIY'er with a bit of patience can copy and then via controlled injury, start the cytokine cascade.

The method/ philosophy, for lack of a better term, behind his creation and the ones I put together dove tail nicely.

I will be DIYing, and still sing the praises of AnteAge..as it is really good.

It will take some time to see the benefits for most, and may not work for everyone the same, of course. However, we are mammals with the same basic physiology typing at each other. The likelihood of positive effect is quite high and far higher with his formula than anything else on the market at present.

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:

DrJ's formula is not a one trick pony. It's an elegant symphony of actives which any DIY'er with a bit of patience can copy and then via controlled injury, start the cytokine.

Can you further elaborate on the controlled injury concept? Would this be via dermaroller? How much "injury" is required? Is a .5mm enough or does the injury need to be deeper?
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
You are correct Shastagirl,
The most effective and most unpleasant. Research is suggesting 1.0mm is sufficient. Some say 0.5mm. I go with the original that shows penetration at 1.2mm for best effect. It's a question of tolerance as well. It's an unpleasant process. Fortunately, with the deeper rolls, they are necessary far less frequently, once every 5-6 weeks. Remodeling takes place over many months.

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Im wondering if the serum will help with acne scars?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
Two weeks ago tried the Anteage samples of night serum and day moisturizer for the 1st time. (Previously,I had unsuccessfully been experimenting with all kinds of face stuff over the years. But mainly my regimen subsisted of wash face in AM, do eyes, put on foundation, blush, lipstick, hair and done. Over the years have primarily used Este Lauder products, Night Serum, etc. I did alot of things wrong (or wrong time/combinations: used lavender stuff, NIA24, alpha-hydroxy, retinol..Anyway...I never knew what I was doing! I was ust going by what felt good on my face. Unfortunately,I can't wear Sunscreen because it dries my skin...) To repeat, I used the Anteage night and day for the first time and was horrified how my facial skin pruned up and turned to chicken skin. I slathered on any moisturizer cream I had, but it was still horrible. I ordered a sample of Lifeline night serum. Now, I use the Lifeline night serum, Estee Lauder Hydrationist over it and follow with Anteage Day stuff. Best I can do at night. In the AM, just do my regular wash face, make-up. Waiting for the Anteage magic skin repair.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Kath91 wrote:
Two weeks ago tried the Anteage samples of night serum and day moisturizer for the 1st time. (Previously,I had unsuccessfully been experimenting with all kinds of face stuff over the years. But mainly my regimen subsisted of wash face in AM, do eyes, put on foundation, blush, lipstick, hair and done. Over the years have primarily used Este Lauder products, Night Serum, etc. I did alot of things wrong (or wrong time/combinations: used lavender stuff, NIA24, alpha-hydroxy, retinol..Anyway...I never knew what I was doing! I was ust going by what felt good on my face. Unfortunately,I can't wear Sunscreen because it dries my skin...) To repeat, I used the Anteage night and day for the first time and was horrified how my facial skin pruned up and turned to chicken skin. I slathered on any moisturizer cream I had, but it was still horrible. I ordered a sample of Lifeline night serum. Now, I use the Lifeline night serum, Estee Lauder Hydrationist over it and follow with Anteage Day stuff. Best I can do at night. In the AM, just do my regular wash face, make-up. Waiting for the Anteage magic skin repair.

I'm not even sure how to respond to this. You're saying that the AnteAGE products caused your face to look like chicken skin, but you are still using the AnteAGE serum? You might want to reconsider that, and just stick to products that you are more comfortable with.

Editing to add: I just checked their website, and the return policy is "within 30 days from purchase" but I assume that is for full sized products only. I doubt they take returns on samples.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 1:08 am      Reply with quote
Kath91,
Pretty scary...would want to see before and after pics.

DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Kath91 wrote:

Hi Kath91, hard to tell what your skin condition is or what it is trying to tell you. Skin that immediately "prunes up" with any product is skin with major hydration issues. Has nothing to do with actives, but with water& oils distribution. I see you have only samples of AnteAge and Lifeline, and are using them both. There is no AnteAGE night serum, or day moisturizer, per se, so you may be confusing the products. Also, I wouldn't expect magic skin repair from any/all these products over two weeks with samples only (meaning you cannot be using the recommended amounts if they are lasting that long - should only have lasted a few days each). I might suggest you take a step back and start over. Your skin may just be confused at this point. If hydration is the issue, get that stabilized first (many choices), then pick a good anti-aging serum and stick with it systematically for at least several months at recommended doses.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 9:21 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
Im wondering if the serum will help with acne scars?

What kind of acne scars? Pitted ones (doubtful in this case, unless you combine with dermarolling)or PIH types? I am hoping that it will help with some of my PIH spots, or at least help prevent new ones.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 10:32 am      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
Rileygirl

I will be DIYing, and still sing the praises of AnteAge..as it is really good.

It will take some time to see the benefits for most, and may not work for everyone the same, of course. However, we are mammals with the same basic physiology typing at each other. The likelihood of positive effect is quite high and far higher with his formula than anything else on the market at present.

Thanks for the reply, Dragon! Also agree that it will take some time to see the benefits and that the AnteAGE seems to be a very good product (at least so far, for me)!
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Either my post was deleted (too long?)or my wireless temporarily went down when I submitted?!?
I ordered/received a FULL bottle of the Anteage Accelerator. I called it Day stuff because I was under the impression you put it on only during the DAY over the serum. (I wouldn't wear it during the day anyway since it has Retinyl in it and, also, makes my face look super shiny and awful etc..} I, also, ordered/received the full bottle of the Lifeline serum (not as adverse to my skin). I didn't think I had to wait until my face could handle it before using either one. I thought that was the whole point of using, hopefully sound, scientific approaches to skin repair ?! Aren't those cykotines supposed to be sending super-healthy juice messages to my dermis/epidermis anyway?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Kath91 wrote:
(I wouldn't wear it during the day anyway since it has Retinyl in it and, also, makes my face look super shiny and awful etc..}

I thought you said it made your face prune up, which sounds like you meant it was not moisturizing enough? How much of the product are you using, 1 or 2 pumps? I have said it before, but I think the Accelerator would be too much for someone with oily skin as it is very moisturizing for my very dry skin.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Kath91 wrote:
Either my post was deleted (too long?)or my wireless temporarily went down when I submitted?!?
I ordered/received a FULL bottle of the Anteage Accelerator. I called it Day stuff because I was under the impression you put it on only during the DAY over the serum. (I wouldn't wear it during the day anyway since it has Retinyl in it and, also, makes my face look super shiny and awful etc..} I, also, ordered/received the full bottle of the Lifeline serum (not as adverse to my skin). I didn't think I had to wait until my face could handle it before using either one. I thought that was the whole point of using, hopefully sound, scientific approaches to skin repair ?! Aren't those cykotines supposed to be sending super-healthy juice messages to my dermis/epidermis anyway?

Thanks for clarifying Kath91. If you got the "shinies" (we have seen in 2-3%, but usually after a month or more) its because your face is not absorbing the oils in the accelerator, not the serum. What we find is that it is temporary, and as you push on things change, you begin absorbing, and the shinies disappear. You can also just use the accelerator at night but not day (you did the opposite it sounds like). As your dermal matrix expands and your skin plumps and rounds, it becomes more attuned to holding oils. There is no problem with that dose of retinoid during the day, although we remind you to use sunscreen. Sunlight may exacerbate retinoid sensitivity, but does not cause it, unlike HA's. Yes, the cytokines are busy sending messages right now! As you may know, the LifeLine product also contains cytokines, although we don't know which ones. There is no worry with that, it's just a big unknown. An experiment with an "N=1", as we say. Please keep us posted as to how this combo works for you.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |