Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review: Cellese AnteAGE Serum & Accelerator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 4:26 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Isn't this overkill -

In more ways than one...

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
Quote:
Isn't this overkill -

In more ways than one...

Hmmm... A mystery wrapped in an enigma? Very inscrutable.
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
DragoN wrote:
Quote:
Isn't this overkill -

In more ways than one...

1.5 mm roll. I loathe it. It's effective.
AnteAge serum on top, AnteAge Accelerator...and for good luck KNNGF2. First two, smooth as silk, last one, stung like heck.

AM: Skin is still red and sensitive. Typical.

If you make, first do no harm, your Law, you will never strike the first blow and will be known as a man of peace who can fight like ten tigers, a Human in the act of Being. There is no greater rank than this. Ashida Kim on War.~Cellese~AnteAge Serum and Accelerator, DermaRoller ,MyFawnie AA2G serum, KNN G ForceUltrasound., SEA, ChrySun 25% ZnO
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 7:38 am      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
DrJ wrote:
DragoN wrote:
Quote:
Isn't this overkill -

In more ways than one...

AnteAge serum on top, AnteAge Accelerator...and for good luck KNNGF2. First two, smooth as silk, last one, stung like heck.

Dermatology Board level question of the day. What percentage of the effect of dermarolling is due to "controlled damage" mobilizing endogenous repair systems, and what percent is due to deep penetration of actives resulting from creating temporary direct access channels through the stratum corneum?
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 9:19 am      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
DragoN wrote:
DrJ wrote:
DragoN wrote:
Quote:
Isn't this overkill -

In more ways than one...

Dermatology Board level question of the day. What percentage of the effect of dermarolling is due to "controlled damage" mobilizing endogenous repair systems, and what percent is due to deep penetration of actives resulting from creating temporary direct access channels through the stratum corneum?

Extra credit - how long does it take those channels to close back up?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 9:52 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

I think giving the samples a test run would be the best option to see just how you react. Nobody ever really knows without trying, one reason I like samples even without sensitive skin! Smile

DM, how is your trial of AnteAge products going? We know it does not irritate your eye area, anything else to report?
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Quote:
What percentage of the effect of dermarolling is due to "controlled damage" mobilizing endogenous repair systems, and what percent is due to deep penetration of actives resulting from creating temporary direct access channels through the stratum corneum?

1. 206%-1000% increase in fibers, Dry roll. 40% increase after one treatment in stratum spinosum = thicker skin.
2. Depends what they are.[ TGF beta is a good one though ]
3. 1 hour.

DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 11:30 am      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
What percentage of the effect of dermarolling is due to "controlled damage" mobilizing endogenous repair systems, and what percent is due to deep penetration of actives resulting from creating temporary direct access channels through the stratum corneum?

1. 206%-1000% increase in fibers, Dry roll. 40% increase after one treatment in stratum spinosum = thicker skin.
3. 1 hour.

TGF-beta-3 to be exact.
1 hour is about right.
The answer to Q#1 is anybody's guess, but let's design an experiment.

Control group - roll alone
Exper. group - roll + AnteAge

measure thickness, what else?
maybe some key cytokines?
what depth?
once or a series?
How about a split face experiment?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:

I'm sure I read somewhere that the channels were open for about one hour after rolling - I have no idea if that is correct though.

As to your other question - has anyone actually conducted a study on the difference of SCI with and without actives?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

3. 1 hour.

Whoops! Posted before I read replies. Where have you found this info Dragon??

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
TGF-beta-3 to be exact.
1 hour is about right.

what depth?
once or a series?

DrJ - How exactly are we supposed to measure the thickness of our skin or an increase in cytokines when you have stated that you haven't been able to conduct the same tests for AnteAGE because the equipment is so expensive?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu,

Specific trials based on the types of actives used post roll and the effect? Haven't found those.

The 206-1000 % comes from a study that was comparing Dry rolling, and then platelets extracted from the patient centrifuged and the supernatant then applied directly after and left to sink in. Incredibly rapid rate of healing.

Do me and yourself a favor. Read the information below for yourself. The answers to the vast majority of questions that are asked re: skin needling and rolling are answered there. The other PCIT study you already have and are well aware of.
http://journals.lww.com/plasreconsurg/Abstract/2008/04000/Percutaneous_Collagen_Induction_Therapy__An.46.aspx

Percutaneous Collagen Induction Therapy: An Alternative Treatment for Scars, Wrinkles, and Skin Laxity
Abstract
Background: Skin laxity, rhytides, and photoaging are generally treated by ablative procedures that injure or destroy the epidermis and its basement membrane, at least in the beginning, and subsequently lead to fibrosis of the papillary dermis. The ideal treatment would be to preserve the epidermis and promote normal collagen and elastin formation in the dermis. Percutaneous collagen induction takes us closer to this ideal.

Methods: The authors performed a retrospective analysis of 480 patients in South Africa and Germany with fine wrinkles, lax skin, scarring, and stretch marks treated with percutaneous collagen induction using the Medical Roll-CIT to produce tighter, smoother skin. Most patients had only one treatment, but some have had as many as four treatments. Patients were prepared with topical vitamin A and C cosmetic creams for a minimum of 4 weeks preoperatively.

Results: On average, patients in Germany rated their improvement between 60 and 80 percent better than before the treatment. Histologic examination was carried out in 20 patients and showed a considerable increase in collagen and elastin deposition at 6 months postoperatively. The epidermis demonstrated 40 percent thickening of stratum spinosum and normal rete ridges at 1 year postoperatively.
Conclusions: Percutaneous collagen induction was started in 1997 and has proved to be a simple and fast method for safely treating wrinkles and scars. As opposed to ablative laser treatments, the epidermis remains intact and is not damaged. For this reason, the procedure can be repeated safely and is also suited to regions where laser treatments and deep peels cannot be performed.

Greater Collagen Deposition with the Microneedle Therapy System Than with Intense Pulsed Light
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1524-4725.2011.01882.x/full

Title: Micro Needling and Injecting Platelet Rich Plasma to Enhance Collagen Synthesis and Skin Tightening.
http://www.hairphil.com/downloads/prp.pdf

Percutaneous Collagen Induction: Minimally Invasive Skin Rejuvenation without Risk of Hyperpigmentation—Fact or Fiction?
http://journals.lww.com/plasreconsurg/Abstract/2008/11000/Percutaneous_Collagen_Induction__Minimally.29.aspx

N=1 with AnteAge, day 2 post roll and skin is 95% back to normal. Usually takes about 4-5 days.

Nicely done DrJ.

DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
DrJ wrote:
TGF-beta-3 to be exact.
1 hour is about right.

what depth?
once or a series?

DrJ - How exactly are we supposed to measure the thickness of our skin or an increase in cytokines when you have stated that you haven't been able to conduct the same tests for AnteAGE because the equipment is so expensive?

Please point out where I said that. It would be most odd since we measure cytokines and skin thickness is best measured in punch biopsies which we do.
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:

N=1 with AnteAge, day 2 post roll and skin is 95% back to normal. Usually takes about 4-5 days.

Nicely done DrJ.

THAT is so very COOL. Very Happy Love those BM-MSC's.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2012 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Keliu wrote:
DrJ wrote:
TGF-beta-3 to be exact.
1 hour is about right.

what depth?
once or a series?

Please point out where I said that. It would be most odd since we measure cytokines and skin thickness is best measured in punch biopsies which we do.

I'm referring to an exchange between us some time back when I asked whether it was possible to do a Visia Skin Analysis (or similar) to measure collagen growth etc on the testers who trialled AnteAGE. You said that the testing equipment was too expensive and then I suggested that perhaps you could liaise with a clinic who had the equipment and who was selling your product.

I didn't realise that an improvement in skin quality could be measured by a skin biopsy. If this is the case, wouldn't it have been a good idea to have done before and after biopsies of your testers' skin instead of just relying on subjective opinions. Or have you done this and I have missed the results?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Dark Moon....I am also interested in you progress with AnteAGE. Any updates to report?
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
DrJ wrote:
Keliu wrote:
DrJ wrote:
TGF-beta-3 to be exact.
1 hour is about right.

what depth?
once or a series?

I'm referring to an exchange between us some time back when I asked whether it was possible to do a Visia Skin Analysis (or similar) to measure collagen growth etc on the testers who trialled AnteAGE. You said that the testing equipment was too expensive and then I suggested that perhaps you could liaise with a clinic who had the equipment and who was selling your product.

I didn't realise that an improvement in skin quality could be measured by a skin biopsy. If this is the case, wouldn't it have been a good idea to have done before and after biopsies of your testers' skin instead of just relying on subjective opinions. Or have you done this and I have missed the results?

Not purchasing a visia system is really not at all the same as not measuring cytokines or other skin parameters. Many practitioners do not feel that the results of Visia translate to useful accurate data. We have lots of things we haven't yet shared; the work goes on.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 9:31 am      Reply with quote
SOME data would be helpful though, either skin punches or visia. Or before/after pictures. Or skin analysis through silicone moulding. Anything.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to mention that while my mom is using the products and has no adverse reaction, she needs to use double the recommended amount - she has a very dry skin and it sinks right in, so in order to cover the entire area (face, neck+), she needs to use 2 more pumps then instructed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Just wanted to mention that while my mom is using the products and has no adverse reaction, she needs to use double the recommended amount - she has a very dry skin and it sinks right in, so in order to cover the entire area (face, neck+), she needs to use 2 more pumps then instructed.

Hi sigma. Is your Mom doubling both? She might just try doubling the Accelerator - it contains the bulk of the moisturizers. Because skin varies so much, we encourage people to adapt the system to their skin. And it's why we put the Accelerator in a 50 ml bottle, allowing more flexibility. We have people using from 1 to six pumps (and one I know uses one pump and dilutes it with water to 1/2 strength then uses the excess on her neck and hands. Again, dry skin to oily skin, it is possible to adapt.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:

Sigma, how long has your mom been using the products? Am curious if you or she is seeing any visible improvement yet?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
Keliu wrote:
DrJ wrote:
Keliu wrote:
DrJ wrote:
TGF-beta-3 to be exact.
1 hour is about right.

what depth?
once or a series?

Not purchasing a visia system is really not at all the same as not measuring cytokines or other skin parameters. Many practitioners do not feel that the results of Visia translate to useful accurate data. We have lots of things we haven't yet shared; the work goes on.

Regardless of how the skin is measured - my response was to your initial suggestion above to measure the thickness of our skin in a split face experiment.

My question still stands - how are we supposed to do that?

Maybe I'm starting to sound difficult - but I don't know why you're suggesting this - I expect you to have already done this and to be telling us the results!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

what depth?
once or a series?

Regardless of how the skin is measured - my response was to your initial suggestion above to measure the thickness of our skin in a split face experiment.

My question still stands - how are we supposed to do that?

Maybe I'm starting to sound difficult - but I don't know why you're suggesting this - I expect you to have already done this and to be telling us the results!!

I am not suggesting anything specific - it was really a theoretical discussion of experimental design. A thought experiment, if you will. This helps us all to think about how evidence is gathered, and the value it has. We have not done these particular experiments, although we are beginning to gather anecdotal evidence from medi-spas using AnteAGE as a peri-procedure treatment. But dermatologists & medi-spas don't do rolling (no $ in that) so we are planning our own experiment. Split face for rolling would be challenging for the subjects.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
DrJ wrote:
But dermatologists & medi-spas don't do rolling (no $ in that) so we are planning our own experiment. Split face for rolling would be challenging for the subjects.

Many skin-clinics offer Dermarolling - it's one of the treatments that is really gaining in popularity. Many would argue that if you want a really effective roll it should be done under the care of a medical person and not done at home. As for there being no money in it - clinics are charging around $300.00 for a treatment - that sounds like pretty good money to me considering that the equipment involved costs around $100 compared to a laser which costs hundreds of thousands.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2012 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
DrJ wrote:
But dermatologists & medi-spas don't do rolling (no $ in that) so we are planning our own experiment. Split face for rolling would be challenging for the subjects.

Many skin-clinics offer Dermarolling - it's one of the treatments that is really gaining in popularity. Many would argue that if you want a really effective roll it should be done under the care of a medical person and not done at home. As for there being no money in it - clinics are charging around $300.00 for a treatment - that sounds like pretty good money to me considering that the equipment involved costs around $100 compared to a laser which costs hundreds of thousands.

There are at least 2 Doctors in Newport Beach offering this service that I know of. One is Anne McNeill MD she charges 450 to 800 for the face and Walton Montegut MD. I am sure there are a lot more if you look around the Internet.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |